Notices

What trade would you like to see made?

Old
11-27-2012, 08:53 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
What trade would you like to see made?

Hey all, I'm a Hawks fan at heart but the Bruins won my affection ever since you embarrassed the Canucks in the SCF. I chose the Bruins in a GM connected league and I was wondering what Bruins fans would think a "realistic trade" would be.

I'm looking to make the Bruins better but maintain as much of the core as possible. Are there any players that are on the unofficial trade block on real life for the Bruins?

Thomas will most likely be moved, and I was thinking about moving Krecji for a top 6 winger.

I'm a fan of realism so id want any trades made in GM connected to address the real life needs of the bruins.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Hey all, I'm a Hawks fan at heart but the Bruins won my affection ever since you embarrassed the Canucks in the SCF. I chose the Bruins in a GM connected league and I was wondering what Bruins fans would think a "realistic trade" would be.

I'm looking to make the Bruins better but maintain as much of the core as possible. Are there any players that are on the unofficial trade block on real life for the Bruins?

Thomas will most likely be moved, and I was thinking about moving Krecji for a top 6 winger.

I'm a fan of realism so id want any trades made in GM connected to address the real life needs of the bruins.
The only "real life" need the Bruins have is to move Thomas's contract, and he has waived his NTC.

Chiarelli's priority in the last year or so has been to re-sign core players: Krejci, Lucic, Seguin, Rask, Kelly, Campbell have all re-signed in the last year.

If you want to be realistic, I suggest you consult Capgeek for relative contract terms, including NTCs (many Bruins have variations).

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Moving Krejci for a wing is only smart if you plan to immediately move Seguin to center -- in which case, you don't need 1 wing, you need 2, because we have a hole at our third line wing that is a little too dependent on the youth movement to fill and a valid concern about what we're going to get out of post-concussion Nathan Horton. I'd trust the youth movement to cover for one of those eventualities, but both of them...?

Those things could work out in our favor on their own, but I'm not for letting the grass grow under my feet just waiting for it to happen..

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Beardfish

If you're going to move anyone from Boston's top six, I would recommend Marchand. Krejci's skating was a bit overrated in '13, and he is thus a total beast. Seguin is better suited to the wing anyway with his speed and shot. The main forward you should move is Savard, especially if you're going for realism. It's bothersome seeing him out there in the spoked-B; ship him off to the west so he's out of sight, out of mind. Pevs is a pretty ideal 3C anyway, and Savvy would be pretty desirable to any team with cap space needing a top 6 center, like the Stars or Preds.

Oh, and if you want Dougie to develop this decade, you're gonna have to give him top pairing minutes and first unit PP time. There'll be growing pains, but trust me, it's worth it in the end.

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Krejci for Kessel

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:05 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Well for the record, Savard is (for some reason) still on the Bruins roster and he's a pretty capable top 6 winger.

I've never been a fan of Krecji in real life (no offense) or in videogames. I wonder if I could package Krecji + Thomas to a team like Chicago, Toronto, Edmonton etc...teams that need a goalie and a 2C.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:06 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

If it's for an NHL video game, bring back Marco Sturm to skate the third line left wing.
John Carlson from Washington is another good move, local kid I wouldn't mind seeing on the top defensive pairing with Chara; but you would have to overpay to get him out of Washington I'd imagine; depending on how smart their GM is!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Well for the record, Savard is (for some reason) still on the Bruins roster and he's a pretty capable top 6 winger.

I've never been a fan of Krecji in real life (no offense) or in videogames. I wonder if I could package Krecji + Thomas to a team like Chicago, Toronto, Edmonton etc...teams that need a goalie and a 2C.
It's Krejci. k-r-e-j-c-i.

If you want to know his worth to the Bruins, consider this: in 2010, the Bruins had a 3-0 series lead over the Flyers, lost Krejci to a broken wrist, and lost the series. In 2011, Krejci led the NHL in playoff scoring and the Bruins won the Stanley Cup.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:40 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

It's KreJCi.... Remember the JC part... Lots around here think he is the second coming and walks on water...that's how I remember to spell it..

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Krejci is a subject of some controversy here, but it's mostly because he's not Marc Savard, and he's been in the first line center role since Savvy went down for good. No one had a problem with DK when he was centering a middle line. The idea that he is not a "real" top line center is the issue, and I'd say that centering a highly effective top line on the way to a Cup win should have dispelled that myth.

The evolution of thought seems to run, first, that Krejci isn't as good as Savard as a top line offensive center, that flows into the idea that Krejci isn't an adequate top line center, and from there we go on to the concept that Krejci is not the proper person to center our top line and is centering it anyway, and from there we go all the way out into the crazytime idea that Krejci is blocking the acquisition of an actual top line center and the solution is to trade him. It's bizarre, but for a fandom it's pretty par for the course.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:48 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Krejci is a subject of some controversy here, but it's mostly because he's not Marc Savard, and he's been in the first line center role since Savvy went down for good. No one had a problem with DK when he was centering a middle line. The idea that he is not a "real" top line center is the issue, and I'd say that centering a highly effective top line on the way to a Cup win should have dispelled that myth.

The evolution of thought seems to run, first, that Krejci isn't as good as Savard as a top line offensive center, second, that Krejci isn't an adequate top line center, and from there we go on to the concept that Krejci is not the proper person to center our top line, and from there we go all the way out into the crazytime idea that Krejci is blocking the acquisition of an actual top line center and the solution is to trade him. It's bizarre, but for a fandom it's pretty par for the course.
I would say it has more to do with people wanting Seguin to play center than it does Savard.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

If it was about Seguin, the antipathy would be directed at our 3LC, Chris Kelly, not our 1LC, because it's the 3LC that's really playing center instead of Seguin.

Of course I may be pinning too much of my argument on fans actually looking at things logically. But no, I really do think this has a lot more to do with being used to Savard and seeing Krejci as a downgrade in the role Krejci has made his own.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Kegs

Quote:

The best goalie I've ever seen in Boston of course. For absolutely any thing. Maybe trade for a first round draft cheerleader and a small donation of pies of the Christmas food drive.

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Actually now I think about it, the blind desperation to rush Seguin into the center's role, and likely the first line center's role, probably springs from the same source as the antipathy for Krejci -- if Savard was still our first line center and playing up to somewhere near his talent level, no one would be in such a hurry to push Seguin to the middle, and no one would be pining for a better 1LC than the guy who centered our first line to a Cup.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
don

I'm willing to trade Kerjci but I would keep Seguin at wing. IMO what we need is a big, left shooting center......like Couturier or Benn. FWIW, I would also be willing to trade Marchand.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:52 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Marchand asks for almost $6 mil in free agency so I was hoping to move him too.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

It is nice reading some actual hockey talk though. God it's been a while

Old
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

If you really want to improve the Bruin, get a decent third line winger over Caron

Krejci doesn't need to be moved, Seguin should stay on the wing, and Marchand is far more important to the bruins than some would like to admit

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:39 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Honestly thats what i was considering a lot too. Peverley got hurt for 36 games so my 3rd line is Paille-Kelly-Caron...no bueno.

Here's another thing, Thomas is actually really good in NHL 13. If his whole demeaner never changed post-Obama visit, and he still wanted to play hockey, would the Bruins try and trade him or try and hold on to the best goalie tandem in the NHL for a while longer?

Old
11-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Thomas' whole demeanor never changed post-Obama visit. The media turned on him and started showing him in a bad light -- that's literally all there was to it. He was still the same guy, and very effective right until the last day. TT has his political opinions, but on the ice he's a consummate professional, so treating him like an attitude problem is something I have an issue with.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:53 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

As a Hawks fan who has to hear about how Kane is a "locker room cancer" and all that nonsense, i'll take B's fans word for it then.

Although, after that whole White House visit thing, it did seem like Thomas went from being "Holy **** we have to play against Tim Thomas" to being "Tim Thomas, he's a good goalie", atleast in the public eye IMHO

So Chiarelli wouldn't trade Thomas ever?

Old
11-28-2012, 12:12 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
As a Hawks fan who has to hear about how Kane is a "locker room cancer" and all that nonsense, i'll take B's fans word for it then.

Although, after that whole White House visit thing, it did seem like Thomas went from being "Holy **** we have to play against Tim Thomas" to being "Tim Thomas, he's a good goalie", atleast in the public eye IMHO

So Chiarelli wouldn't trade Thomas ever?
The non-White House visit only brought more media scrutiny on Thomas. I do not believe he changed after that incident, and Dojji is right, he has always gotten it done on the ice. However, I do believe that incident and perhaps other incidents (to which the media has alluded), soured the relationship between the Bruin's front office and Thomas. That being said, I believe his decision to "take a year off" did more to damage the relationship than anything to do with the White House incident. I think it was sort of a the straw that broke the camel's back. I think Thomas will play in this league again and at a high level, but I do not think it will be in Boston, just for the reason I previously stated.

So yes, I think Chia would trade Thomas but I do not believe it is so much to do with him being a disruptive locker room presence, and certainly it has nothing to do with his performance on the ice. I think there are issues between Thomas and the front office, period. That being said, I'm not sure how the lockout impacts Thomas' contract, should they lose the season. Not sure if the Bs would still have control of him then, so all this discussion may be for not.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 12:51 PM
b in vancouver

This doesn't really go with the game aspect but more because you're a Hawks fan and being a Bruins fan who lives in Vancouver - I love the Hawks!

I'm not on the trade Krejci bandwagon and hope Boston could add another big-bodied winger capable of scoring 20- 30 goals. Iginla. Or that Caron could really up his game or Spooner, Knight, Khokholachev - anyone.

But one Bruins Hawks trade that did spring to mind was

Krejci (2nd line centre)
Caron (big bodied young 3rd liner with some upside)
Boychuk (suitable top 4 d-man

for

Seabrook (shutdown top pairing d-man)

Fills some holes for the Hawks forwards but probably not enough top-end talent. I'm not sure what would need to be added or if it's close. The Bruins do have some goalie depth especially if Thomas doesn't retire.

A Chara, Seabrook, Seidenberg, Hamilton top four for the next half dozen years would be deadly.
While Krejci centring Kane on the 2nd line would tear apart 2nd and 3rd pairing D-men.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post
This doesn't really go with the game aspect but more because you're a Hawks fan and being a Bruins fan who lives in Vancouver - I love the Hawks!

I'm not on the trade Krejci bandwagon and hope Boston could add another big-bodied winger capable of scoring 20- 30 goals. Iginla. Or that Caron could really up his game or Spooner, Knight, Khokholachev - anyone.

But one Bruins Hawks trade that did spring to mind was

Krejci (2nd line centre)
Caron (big bodied young 3rd liner with some upside)
Boychuk (suitable top 4 d-man

for

Seabrook (shutdown top pairing d-man)

Fills some holes for the Hawks forwards but probably not enough top-end talent. I'm not sure what would need to be added or if it's close. The Bruins do have some goalie depth especially if Thomas doesn't retire.

A Chara, Seabrook, Seidenberg, Hamilton top four for the next half dozen years would be deadly.
While Krejci centring Kane on the 2nd line would tear apart 2nd and 3rd pairing D-men.
I think thats a steep price personally. Seabrook Is a beast. But in exchange for a 1ST LINE centre a top 4 shut down d man with a huge shot and a young 3rd-4th liner.

I'd do krecji for seabrook. Maybe throw in a draft pick.

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:30 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

The only way the Hawks would consider it (I think) is if it were

Seabrook

KreJCi, Boychuk

You guys can keep Caron but Seabrook has been our best Dman since we won the cup. His value to the Hawks is the exact same as Keith. Krecji would be awesome as a 2C for us but the Hawks dont have any other dmen that can eat up the minutes that Seabs does against top competition. Boychuk is a great top 4 dman, but he is not Seabrook.

If that deal were made i wouldn't be terribly upset, but i'm not sure it would ultimately make the Hawks better.