HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 12:05 AM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
I would rather > but I'll be fine with whatever.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:36 AM
slightlystewpid420

vCash: 500
Welcome to the league Avery who is now the GM of the

only team left is

Old
11-28-2012, 01:35 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Wait, is the Islanders GM out?

Old
11-28-2012, 02:22 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

And I wanted NYI...but too late now

Old
11-28-2012, 05:48 AM
ChuckWoods

I knew this would happen! I desperately wanted NYI! Lol

Old
11-28-2012, 08:48 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
If (and only if) the Islanders GM is out I'd love back in this league...haha

You never read this but I may or may not be related to Tavares

Old
11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Well he appears to still be in the league but his CPU is disabled, he hasn't PMed me back, and wouldn't play against me when I sent him a message on Xbox Live, so I don't know what his deal is.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Well, that was fun.

4 0.

1-0 after 2. I hate Ryan Miller. Pavel Datsuky one-timers in the slot? Nope, not going in.

Sabres got a quick one in the 3rd, and EA momentum took over after that. Passes wouldn't connect. Players couldn't deke or control the puck. And Howard actively tried to avoid having the puck hit him in goal.

Jimmy Howard is an odd goalie. 1 GA in my three wins, 8 or 9 in the two losses.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Yeah, Miller's blocker was like "nope, no thank you". I honestly was surprised how often he was able to just knock those away.

It was razor thin close during the first 50 minutes of play, I think. If not for a lucky rebound in the first it is tied going into the third.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Yeah, Miller's blocker was like "nope, no thank you". I honestly was surprised how often he was able to just knock those away.

It was razor thin close during the first 50 minutes of play, I think. If not for a lucky rebound in the first it is tied going into the third.
It suddenly lagged up after your third goal. I was on my way over to the computer to plead that I didn't quit out.

For future reference to anyone--I've never quit out of a game in any league I'm in--and I'm generally one of the worst 5 players. I've suffered 10-0 losses with some degree of grace, and I'll almost certainly lose more than I win in this league. If the game dies when I'm losing, its because the connection dropped. Don't panic, I'll gladly give anyone back the win they earned.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:27 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Milan Lucic the 2012-13 Rocket Richard winner?

Old
11-28-2012, 01:42 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Milan Lucic the 2012-13 Rocket Richard winner?
Not if connolly has anything to say about it. hahaha Lindback is gettin that vezina. I forgot what its like to have a capable team.

And yes, islanders are available, i need to go through and kick people who arent on there teams.

So how far along are you guys? I know I only have 2 teams left to play, Islanders and NYR who wont be on until tonight so. I was thinking around 4 or 5 PST to advance? Or do you guys want to stick with the later advance times?

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 11-28-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
HabsIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Not if connolly has anything to say about it. hahaha Lindback is gettin that vezina. I forgot what its like to have a capable team.

And yes, islanders are available, i need to go through and kick people who arent on there teams.

So how far along are you guys? I know I only have 2 teams left to play, Islanders and NYR who wont be on until tonight so. I was thinking around 4 or 5 PST to advance? Or do you guys want to stick with the later advance times?
I only have to play sub, which will happen in a couple hours when he gets on and the Isles.
I would prefer the earlier advance since I am in Nova Scotia and am an hour ahead of eastern time. If you advance at 10 or 11 eastern I won't be on to get games in that night. Seems like most active guys have there games in well before the advance on most occasions

I am only one team tho, just tossing out my opinion

Old
11-28-2012, 02:02 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post

may or may not be LOL

Old
11-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIslesFan View Post
I only have to play sub, which will happen in a couple hours when he gets on and the Isles.
I would prefer the earlier advance since I am in Nova Scotia and am an hour ahead of eastern time. If you advance at 10 or 11 eastern I won't be on to get games in that night. Seems like most active guys have there games in well before the advance on most occasions

I am only one team tho, just tossing out my opinion
As an EST guy, I fully agree. Advancing at like 8-9 EST offers the opportunity to get a bunch of games in that night without going til 2 a.m.

The only problem would be if we have a bunch of west-coasters here. I'm not familiar enough with the other players to judge that.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:09 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post

Sorry champs already got someone in reserves waiting who i sent a message to. If they dont want them your more than welcome.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I have 3 left but 2 of them are against the Islanders, the only other one is against Washington.

btw...how can I tell if it's ok to play their CPU or not?

Old
11-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
btw...how can I tell if it's ok to play their CPU or not?
From what I understand, playing the CPU is only acceptable tomorrow, Thursday, which should be the end of the first cycle. (the player had to enable it, though)

Old
11-28-2012, 02:56 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
From what I understand, playing the CPU is only acceptable tomorrow, Thursday, which should be the end of the first cycle. (the player had to enable it, though)
And only allowed if you made a dedicated effort to set up a game with the team and that person did not respond or was being dodgy.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Gary83*

And hope the clowns of the league don't try to lynch you like they did with me in the Bluth Company.

Then the next block that team gets booted for inactivity. Shocking.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Well, that was fun.

4 0.

1-0 after 2. I hate Ryan Miller. Pavel Datsuky one-timers in the slot? Nope, not going in.

Sabres got a quick one in the 3rd, and EA momentum took over after that. Passes wouldn't connect. Players couldn't deke or control the puck. And Howard actively tried to avoid having the puck hit him in goal.

Jimmy Howard is an odd goalie. 1 GA in my three wins, 8 or 9 in the two losses.
For some reason, the game didn't register the result here. It still shows on my schedule at 0-0-0.

We can either set up a time to let you have the goals and let it run, or I can just lose on purpose to the CPU. Let me know either way.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Ah ok, so I guess what I'm really asking is how can you tell if the player enabled it or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
And only allowed if you made a dedicated effort to set up a game with the team and that person did not respond or was being dodgy.
Yeah I assumed that much, I did send him a message on Xbox Live but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
And hope the clowns of the league don't try to lynch you like they did with me in the Bluth Company.

Then the next block that team gets booted for inactivity. Shocking.
Groups of people making knee jerk decisions, why I've never heard of such a thing.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Ah ok, so I guess what I'm really asking is how can you tell if the player enabled it or not?
The games in the block will have the team with an icon of a human head with a computer behind him. If CPU isn't enabled the icon will only show the head.

Quote:
Yeah I assumed that much, I did send him a message on Xbox Live but that's about it.
Send him a message on here, too. Gotta make sure that you did everything you could to get a game in.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Sorry champs already got someone in reserves waiting who i sent a message to. If they dont want them your more than welcome.
no worries! luckily my '2015' idea for a league seems to have got some support, so I'll be plenty busy

Old
11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Ok. I need a league ruling, and the commissioner isn't on, so I think consensus will have to rule here.

As I mentioned above, something weird happened in the v. game earlier.

After his decisive win, I exited to the main menu, then shut off my xbox in a rush to get back to work. Though I was already out of the game, and though presumably Sabres went all the way to the menu, the result didn't register.

As I mentioned above, a reasonable fix seemed to be to simply play the CPU and lose. So I'm going along, not shooting, just passing and deking, figuring that, if it is still 0-0 later, I'll just pull the goalie and give Buffalo their deserved EN goals.

At one point, Vanek picked up the puck and skated down the wing, right into AI Kronwall. Vanek is hurt, and its a concussion. I can't tell if it is serious or not, but he didn't come back for the second period.

Quitting against the CPU is a bootable offense in this league, but this seems a special circumstance. I can quit out, replay the game and take control of all defenseman to make sure no one gets hit (at least not by Kronwall) (or wait and re-do it human v. human tomorrow), then re-enter the league afterward to reset my DNF to 0.

That seems the reasonable course to me. Buffalo shouldn't lose a player because of my / EA's mistake earlier, but I don't think I should be punished for the AI's decision to take on Kronwall.

Anyway, the game is paused right now. I've got a few other things to do anyway. But if anyone wants to weigh in, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 11-28-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Closed Thread