HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy "Frankenstorm" @ New Jersey - Hold on to your butts

Old
11-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Remember when Brian Boucher was the next great goalie back in 2000 when we beat him in the 00 ECF? Wasn't it Darren Pang on commentary during the handskahe line that was blowing him up as ''This kid has a big future in the NHL'' Not to mention the whole time from when we were down 3-1 in that series up until the handshake line all their hype of ''No other rookie since Patrick Roy in 86 has guided their team to the SCF BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH'' We had to hear that the whole series from them.

Ironically Boucher's only playoff series win as starter after that was against us in the first round in 2010 10 years later. I think Leighton took over sometime in the second round, and I think Boosh, and Bobrovsky were used both during the 2011 playoffs.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Seems like yesterday they were embracing in another handshake line.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:18 AM
apice3*

Overall a cool night. Pretty embarrassing to see both sides boo the Devil players. Pretty much two two most classless fan bases under one roof. Hartnell and Carcillo got the loudest cheers. Brodeur got booed the hardest, aside from Vinny from Jersey Shore.

Bunch of chants like "We Want Hockey" and "Fire Bettman." Also had the "MAAARTTYYYY" chant which was pretty childish. There was a group of Ranger fans in front of me that sang the Ranger goal song after all 10 goals as if that didn't get old fast. After the game ended, not a single fan left for a solid 5 minutes, until after the handshakes and interviews were completed. I looked around the arena and literally no one moved from their seat.

Post game I got to meet a bunch of players in the parking garage. Hartnell was probably the most genuinely nice player I've ever interacted with, which is amazing considering how big of a ******* he is on the ice. Carcillo was pretty cool too. Also got to chat with Simmonds, JVR, Subban, Stamkos, Lundqvist, Coburn, Boyle, Eminger, Martin, Girardi, Staal, Greene and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:38 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I thought the booing at first was silly, but I think on some level the fans wanted to feel 'normal' for a night too. I can't really blame them for that. I think Devil fans would have jeered Lundqvist too but I have no proof of that either way. And fwiw I think the Flyer fans also booed Neal and Asham after their roles in the playoff series last year.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:41 PM
apice3*

Ranger fans booed the whole Flyers team. Flyers fans booed the whole Ranger team. But the boos were drowned out by the cheering. Aside from the Devils players who were booed by both sides. Pretty stupid. Brodeur could have just said "**** off Philly" and not signed up to play. Then what would they have done? Lundqvist vs. Bernie Parent would have been fun to watch I bet.

Personally, I cheered for every player on both sides during the introduction. They weren't Rangers or Flyers last night. They were human beings putting on a game for a good cause. I wasn't going to boo anyone for that.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I thought the booing at first was silly, but I think on some level the fans wanted to feel 'normal' for a night too. I can't really blame them for that. I think Devil fans would have jeered Lundqvist too but I have no proof of that either way. And fwiw I think the Flyer fans also booed Neal and Asham after their roles in the playoff series last year.
They boo because #1Goalie all time its been awhile for them, their third string Goalie cant get on the ice.

We cleaned them both out of the playoffs when they were supposed to beat us big.

Boooooooooonus

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I wouldn't have booed anyone either, but like Devs26 said I think I would have had a hard time staying contained if Toews or someone like that were playing. James Neal did play, and he had that idiotic tweet apologizing to trick or treaters for having smaller candy bars, and if that lockout ended by next Halloween he promised to have bigger ones. That was dumb.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Ranger fans booed the whole Flyers team. Flyers fans booed the whole Ranger team. But the boos were drowned out by the cheering. Aside from the Devils players who were booed by both sides. Pretty stupid. Brodeur could have just said "**** off Philly" and not signed up to play. Then what would they have done? Lundqvist vs. Bernie Parent would have been fun to watch I bet.

Personally, I cheered for every player on both sides during the introduction. They weren't Rangers or Flyers last night. They were human beings putting on a game for a good cause. I wasn't going to boo anyone for that.
This!!!

Old
11-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

I just kept saying to Ranger and Flyer fans that Marty wins when it counts, like in the playoffs.. 99% of the time they just kind of went "well, can't argue there".. No one was there looking for an argument or fight, the taunting felt all in good fun

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I look at the boos as a mark of respect from fanbases that know no other way of showing it.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Greene's goal

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:04 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Anyone booing ANY player volunteering of their time at a charity hockey game is a complete moron. I'm kind of simultaneously surprised to hear this, and completely unsurprised (if that makes any sense)

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I would have cheered for everybody. I wouldn't have cheered for James Neal after his stupid twitter comment to trick of treaters saying he couldn't afford bigger candy bars cause of the lockout. I wouldn't have booed him either though, but I was very turned off by that comment even if it was a joke. It was almost like Modano's ''I won't be able to feed my dog comment''

Old
11-28-2012, 02:48 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

didnt Neal trash NJ's fans or something? or was that parise?

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I don't remember, but I don't care about some dude who gets his breakfast cooked by Paul Martin anyway!

Old
11-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I believe it was Sandy.

Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Anyone booing ANY player volunteering of their time at a charity hockey game is a complete moron. I'm kind of simultaneously surprised to hear this, and completely unsurprised (if that makes any sense)
There are a lot of idiots out there. I guess some of them would be doing that during regular games too, and that's something they miss with hockey locked out.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

I have some connections in Seaside and word is Seaside fully expects to be open for MDW and they are even pushing to be ready to hold the St. Patty's Day parade

Obviously some capacities of Seaside may not be in order, but they are fully expecting to be open from MDW and for the summer season

Old
11-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Some more updates:

Seaside

Mantoloking now and then

Old
11-30-2012, 09:34 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

I was on 35 right there a day before Sandy hit. I wonder how much different it's going to look once they rebuild it.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:26 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

http://www.powerboatnation.com/gener...dy-photos.html

A few clear shots of the storms damage.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Some more updates:

Seaside

Mantoloking now and then
Dont take this wrong way

Is it even worth it to rebuild that area? It seems judging by damage to be a major risk for any Hurricanes

Sorta like not rebuilding parts of NO ,, Seems it would be more practical to not rebuild here

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

That area is a peninsula, and it's I don't know? What 15-18 miles long? Aside from that bridge(Mantoloking Road) there's really no other way out for miles like the Tunney/Mathis bridges in Seaside, and the roads into Point Pleasant Beach. Though it wouldn't be the end of the world, but kind of an inconvenience I guess.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Dont take this wrong way

Is it even worth it to rebuild that area? It seems judging by damage to be a major risk for any Hurricanes

Sorta like not rebuilding parts of NO ,, Seems it would be more practical to not rebuild here
Considering this storm is being considered second only to Katrina in the country's history, that speaks for itself - like NO, we'll still continue to see storms, but of the magnitudes of Katrina and Sandy? Not very likely because these storms are fortunately few and far between, the difference you'll see obviously is during the rebuilding phase that adjustments are made for future storms

I can't speak for how much NO means to Louisiana because I've never spent any time there, but the Jersey shore specifically is an iconic and meaningful place for not just NJ, but for the bordering states of people that also vacation and spend their summers at, those millions, myself and plenty here included (and I'll speak like a politician and throw in the revenue it brings in to the state)

Think of one of your personal favorite vacationing spot or hang out for long periods of time throughout the year being beat up bad by a storm, would you want to see it sit there and die? You ask anybody in this area they'll tell you we're not going to just sit back and watch the shore and our childhood memories just sit there in ruins