HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 11:14 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
I didn't want to wait too long between episodes, so I didn't get the Walking Dead game until just this past weekend. I'm just about to start episode 4 and it's been awesome so far.

11-21-2012, 11:57 AM
alanschu

vCash: 500
The writing and voice acting is just absolutely phenomenal!

Old
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Jamin

Im waiting till they release it all as one package before I partake

Old
11-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Eytinge

Yeah that was one emotional finale. Makes me want to watch the show now as well.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:01 AM
Nail Yakupov
Russian Rocket 2.0

I am having huge issues with nhl 13:

Everytime i play an eashl club match a few things are happening

1) i ALWAYS.. always get hit and nudged off the puck. it seems as if i can't enter the zone without being targeted, and i mean it's impossible to stay on my feet

2) my computer always shoots the puck off a faceoff win, it never fails to happen. I win a face off and they blast all the time.

3) computer defence can't keep up with other teams forwards, often making silly mistakes that give the other team 6-7 break aways a game.

if anybody can tell me what im doing wrong, or what i can do to fix this it would be greately appreciated.

Is it a internet problem, do i have to upgrade my internet package?? i'm currently on the telus high speed , 6mbs per second.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
BOUNCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail Yakupov View Post
I am having huge issues with nhl 13:

Everytime i play an eashl club match a few things are happening

1) i ALWAYS.. always get hit and nudged off the puck. it seems as if i can't enter the zone without being targeted, and i mean it's impossible to stay on my feet

2) my computer always shoots the puck off a faceoff win, it never fails to happen. I win a face off and they blast all the time.

3) computer defence can't keep up with other teams forwards, often making silly mistakes that give the other team 6-7 break aways a game.

if anybody can tell me what im doing wrong, or what i can do to fix this it would be greately appreciated.

Is it a internet problem, do i have to upgrade my internet package?? i'm currently on the telus high speed , 6mbs per second.
1. Play smarter, dump the puck in, or add more points to puck control, strength, balance.

2. Nothing you can do about that. The A.I. is absolutely horrendous in the game. EASHL is the best and and most realistic with 4+ human players. AI just destroys and ruins the fun of EASHL.

3. Again ****** AI. Any player with 90speed 90accel will always blow by AI defense. Nothing you can do but have real human controlled defenseman to stop it.

No issues with you, or you internet. Its the game. To sum it all up its really not that bad with 4+ human players on each team but if you play 2v2 on EASHL it sucks.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Nail Yakupov
Russian Rocket 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
1. Play smarter, dump the puck in, or add more points to puck control, strength, balance.

2. Nothing you can do about that. The A.I. is absolutely horrendous in the game. EASHL is the best and and most realistic with 4+ human players. AI just destroys and ruins the fun of EASHL.

3. Again ****** AI. Any player with 90speed 90accel will always blow by AI defense. Nothing you can do but have real human controlled defenseman to stop it.

No issues with you, or you internet. Its the game. To sum it all up its really not that bad with 4+ human players on each team but if you play 2v2 on EASHL it sucks.

Thank you for your input, i just called telus and they agreed to up my plan to a 50mbps internet plan, i was previously on a 6mbps plan. do you think that was the problem ? I've been reading around about ping and upload speed, i'm hoping that can help. Thank you for your time

- Nail Yakupov

Old
11-26-2012, 07:18 PM
#ualberta

Its cyber monday so Origin is having a pretty nice sale on video games they say more then 100 games are 50% off so you can get nhl 13 for $30 and many other games are half price as well (all EA games)
I know from experiance new video games don't get much cheaper then that
Today only
Link: http://store.origin.com/store?Action...e=origin-deals

Old
11-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Joseppi

I had a completely free weekend (no work, housework, or commitments) so I decided to make some progress in a game. Chose Diablo 3 and picked my hardcore witch doctor. 20-60 in 2 days.

Started it Thursday night, played briefly Friday night, went hard at it Saturday, then finished it off Sunday. The crappy part is my buddy's 54 HC barb died during the leveling process.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm glad Persona 4 Golden came out on the same day I had to get on a plane and head out of town for a week. Although it sort of threw a wrench into all that reading I should have been doing heading into finals.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:08 AM
tv14

Anyone playing Black Ops know why my stats got re-set this weekend?

Old
11-28-2012, 01:59 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I play pretty often nothing happened to my stats, did you break a rule or cheat maybe they are being pretty strict about it. For example if you are cought boosting just once you get your stats reset
Here is the security and enforcement policy http://community.callofduty.com/mess...0949#413500949

Old
11-28-2012, 02:02 AM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I play pretty often nothing happened to my stats, did you break a rule or cheat maybe they are being pretty strict about it. For example if you are cought boosting just once you get your stats reset
Here is the security and enforcement policy http://community.callofduty.com/mess...0949#413500949
Nope, I don't even know what boosting means haha. I wasn't banned or anything, I just randomly noticed that all my kills, deaths and ratio are gone. I wasn't cheating since I didn't even have good stats. Not that I'm complaining, since I'm doing better after the reset anyway

Old
11-28-2012, 02:27 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Nope, I don't even know what boosting means haha. I wasn't banned or anything, I just randomly noticed that all my kills, deaths and ratio are gone. I wasn't cheating since I didn't even have good stats. Not that I'm complaining, since I'm doing better after the reset anyway
Hmm that's odd
Now that you mention it i wouldn't mind having my stats reset i always start off pretty bad
I don't care much about stats either way though

Old
11-28-2012, 02:32 AM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Hmm that's odd
Now that you mention it i wouldn't mind having my stats reset i always start off pretty bad
I don't care much about stats either way though
Ya same, just thought it was odd and seeing if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks though.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:16 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Most cods have stats issues at the start. People having stats reset is pretty random yet common.

My friend lost his stats after he turned off his Xbox mid game to take a ****. Ha ha

Old
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Jamin

Im all Halo as far as online goes. It was always Halo 2 and 3 online. Halo Reach sucked so for the last 3 or 4 years it has been COD for multiplayer but with a good Halo less then zero interest in getting COD.

How does it compare to previous CODs, another expansion pack or is it actually have improvements? I know they are using the old COD engine that is 5 years old so the graphics and sound must just be ok

Old
11-28-2012, 02:25 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Seems like the recent xbox update causes your console to freeze on startup when connected to xbox live.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:16 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Seems like the recent xbox update causes your console to freeze on startup when connected to xbox live.
WTF, this has happened to me 3 times in a row!

Old
11-28-2012, 03:23 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
What I did is disconnect from my network(or unplug your ethernet port) and turn auto sign in off. Then I went into network settings and connected to live and played NHL and signed in when the game prompted me too. But you have to do this with every game because if you go back to the dashboard or sign in on the dashboard while connected to a network your xbox will freeze

Old
11-28-2012, 04:07 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Im all Halo as far as online goes. It was always Halo 2 and 3 online. Halo Reach sucked so for the last 3 or 4 years it has been COD for multiplayer but with a good Halo less then zero interest in getting COD.

How does it compare to previous CODs, another expansion pack or is it actually have improvements? I know they are using the old COD engine that is 5 years old so the graphics and sound must just be ok
I've been a cod guy for a long time now Personally i love the series but i get that its not everyone's cup of tea i couldn't compare it to halo because i have a ps3 and rarely played halo
This game does make improvements and even some innovation but at its core its very similar its still a very fast pasted fps which is how it should be it is a sequel in the cod series it should not be a totally different game, i'm pretty happy with it at this point hard to say whether there has been enough change or not when people ask me if i think they should get it i always say if you liked previous cod games you'll probably like this one

Quote:
It's stupid how shaky these games are at first despite how much money they make ($500 million in the first day) i personally play on ps3 but we had and are having a horrible start as well just last night my game froze on a loading screen it happens less often since the ps3 patch but before the patch there were just so many problems i could barely connect to the network the first night. Treyarch is great at supporting their games post launch so these things should be fixed soon

Old
11-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Nail Yakupov
Russian Rocket 2.0

i updated my internet to telus's fastest speeds, i'm getting download speeds of 79 mbps and upload speeds of 4 mbps.. ping is ~7-9. my internet is ridiculously quicker, and i no longer have problems with my eashl. so if anyone has issues with lag, it might be your internet plan.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
i think they reset scores of people who were only playing the nuketown map, im not sure if thats true but i have heard it mentioned a couple times.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

anybody playing black ops 2 on PS3 add me up, ragevirus99

oh also something I've noticed for telus optik users, if you want to do some gaming and you're torrenting - turn it off. will much improve your gameplay.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:48 PM
thalegion

Humble bundle is incredible! All this for 5 bucks!

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Closed Thread