HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Number1SensFan

vCash: 500
GM CONNECTED TRADE HELP: Guy is offering Kovalchuk(91) and Elliot(81) for Getzlaf(88) and Gibson(61 4.5 potential). I would have to give him a 1st rounder but im probably finishing in top 5 this year. I expect the league to go about 4 or 5 more years btw.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1SensFan View Post
GM CONNECTED TRADE HELP: Guy is offering Kovalchuk(91) and Elliot(81) for Getzlaf(88) and Gibson(61 4.5 potential). I would have to give him a 1st rounder but im probably finishing in top 5 this year. I expect the league to go about 4 or 5 more years btw.
If you're in win now mode do it.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Number1SensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
If you're in win now mode do it.
Here's my team: give or take im losing a few 3rd/4th liners because of cap problems in re-sign phase.

Van Riemsdyk(85)-Couture(86)-Getzlaf(88)
Mueller(84)-Cammalleri(85)-Alfredsson(84)
Nyquist(78)Smith(83)-Joensuu(84)
Larose(80)-Moss(78)-Mackenzie(79)

Defense:
Edler(88)-Karlsson(87)
Martin(85)-Hannan(81)
Stejskal(75)-Savard(74)

Goalie:
Gibson(64)
Garon(77)

Should I still do it? Top line would be sick.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Benzy19

Anyone interested in doing a little competition? I was thinking that (everyone who wants to) we all pick the same team, with the newest roster updates, "hard" difficulty, 10 years, salary cap on, 100% simulated and see who can win the most Stanley Cups. Using a team that could make the playoffs in year 1 but could also go through a rebuild if the player thought it would pay off in the long run, a team like the Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Islanders or the Colorado Avalanche. At the end of your 10 year GM mode, take a picture of your career stats and see who did the best using the team.

Anyone interested?

Old
11-27-2012, 06:44 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzy19 View Post
Anyone interested in doing a little competition? I was thinking that (everyone who wants to) we all pick the same team, with the newest roster updates, "hard" difficulty, 10 years, salary cap on, 100% simulated and see who can win the most Stanley Cups. Using a team that could make the playoffs in year 1 but could also go through a rebuild if the player thought it would pay off in the long run, a team like the Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Islanders or the Colorado Avalanche. At the end of your 10 year GM mode, take a picture of your career stats and see who did the best using the team.

Anyone interested?
I would if I hadn't spent a month doing custom rosters and hadn't already started my CBJ dynasty

Old
11-27-2012, 06:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

October 10th 2012

Habs make a flurry of moves.

After wraping up the pre-season at 4-0, GM W.W decided he wasn't happy with his team, he announced that he had made multiple trades and signings, and the roster of the Habs and their AHL affiliate.

We will start off with the signings:
Montreal has signed the following players to contracts, the terms of which were all undisclosed.

Dwayne Green* 3yr, 2-way
Joel Armia 3yr, 2-way
Johan Gustafsson, 3yr, 2-way
Oscar Dansk, 1yr, 2-way
Jason Arnott, 1yr, 1-way
Brent Sopel, 1yr, 1-way

I'm thrilled with the signings we made, we've added a great deal of depth and talent to what was an already strong prospect pool. Dwayne Green is a highly touted undrafted FA out of college.. We thought he would get drafted this year in his first year of eligibility and were stunned when that didn't happen. He impressed at camp and will report to Hamilton.

Joel is a playmaking winger, he brings some skill to a Bulldogs team in need.

We didn't like the future of our goaltending so we went and signed Johan and Oscar, 2 goalies who will battle for time in Hamilton right now.

Brent and Jason add much needed depth to out team now, both bring veteran experience, and are cup winners, they will be able to help the young players that we are intergrating to our team.
- Walter White

Trades:
To MTL: Patrik Elias
To NJ: Ryan White, 2013 2nd

To ANA: Gabriel Dumont, Joonas Nattinen
To MTL: Rikard Rakell

To COL: Philipe Lefebvre, Alain Berger
To MTL: Garret Meurs

To LA: Robert Mayer, Peter Delmas
To MTL: Jean-Francois Berube

Patrik is a veteran 2nd line center, he brings experience to our team and a scoring punch.

We felt that we needed fresh blood in Hamilton, and a to get younger, we did that today.

We're expecting the roster and lines soon.

*Dwayne Green is a CP, he'll be a star and he will be traded to complete a block buster I have planned.

Last edited by IHaveNoCreativity: 11-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 06:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Here's my team: give or take im losing a few 3rd/4th liners because of cap problems in re-sign phase.

Van Riemsdyk(85)-Couture(86)-Getzlaf(88)
Mueller(84)-Cammalleri(85)-Alfredsson(84)
Nyquist(78)Smith(83)-Joensuu(84)
Larose(80)-Moss(78)-Mackenzie(79)

Defense:
Edler(88)-Karlsson(87)
Martin(85)-Hannan(81)
Stejskal(75)-Savard(74)

Goalie:
Gibson(64)
Garon(77)

Should I still do it? Top line would be sick.
I would do it, If you can pick corners, a player like Kovie is a beast.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

Anyone interested?
I would of, but your a day too late lol.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Number1SensFan

Quote:
I would do it, If you can pick corners, a player like Kovie is a beast.
Well we're simming this whole season, then playing the next, then simming, then playing and so on. But it took two months to get the 1st season done so I dunno. Kovy will probably beast in the sim.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

October 11th 2012

Habs season preview:

After finishing 27th in the NHL last year, the Habs faithful were expecting a turn around.. They will be dissapointed, it's hard to see any improvement in the Habs roster... The team is slighty older, perhaps the biggest changes is in their style and how they'll play now.

The team has gotten alot tougher to play against, physically they'll be one of the hardest teams to play against.. Could that translate into more wins ? We don't think so, the Habs lost alot of offence, and did not do an adequate job replacing it, without further ado, we present to you, your 2012-2013 Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs.

Montreal Candiens

E.Cole-P.Elias-R-Bourque
M.Pacioeretty-S.Gomez-B.Gionta
T.Moen-J.Arnott-C.Armstong
B.Prust-B.Geoffrion-A.Palushaj
M.Darche-G.Parros

Upfront the offence will be balanced, big seasons are needed from Cole and Pacioretty if this team is to have any chance of getting out of the basement, Bourque is a streaky player, but we don't see him topping 30... Goals could be hard to come by this year.... Of they could come in bunches.. The Habs have a solid top 6, we aren't sure why Gomez is their second line center however... The Habs bottom 6 is very good and will certainly chip in and help them win games...

J.Gorges-PK.Subban
T.Kaberle-B.Sopel
F.Bouillon-R.Diaz

The backend is solid, overall more mobile and grittier, Carey Price shouldn't be hung out to dry to much..

C.Price
P.Budaj
C.Desjardins

Goaltending won't be a problem for the Habs, Price will carry the load.

This team has many new faces and the potential to surprise, if they gel quickly they could surprise many and make the playoffs, even go a few rounds... But don't hold your breath.

Top 5 Prospects:
N.Yakupov (Sarnia, OHL)
J.Huberdeau (Saint John, QMJHL)
A.Galchenyuk (Sarnia, OHL)
N.Beaulieu (Hamilton AHL)
D.Geen (Hamilton AHL)

The Habs future looks bright, the have a strong farm and a good prospect pool, but the present will be painful.

Key new player: Patrik Elias
Team MVP: Carey Price
Predicted finish: 20th

The Habs will better this year, but not by much.

Hamilton Bulldogs 2012-2013

D.Green-P.Nokainen-J.Armia
M.Blunden-A.Engqvist-A.Conboy
I.Schultz-Z.Stortini-A.Avstin
D.Masse-O.Fortier-P.De Simone

A.Emelin-Y.Weber
A.Henry-M.Mitera
B.Nash-F.St-Denis

O.Dansk
J.Guatafsson
JF.Berube

Old
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

May 1st 2013

Season review:

The Habs surprised many and made the playoffs, they loss in 6 to the Canes in the first round, but still did better then every expected. Patrik Elias led the team with 61 points, (20G, 40A) there's a lot of uncertainty heading in to the offseason, the Bulldogs had a miserable year, with plenty of prospects ready to turn bro, we don't know what to expect of the off-season.

We'll know soon enough what changes are going to he made as the draft comes... Many expect a blockbuster trade at the draft, we'll find out soon.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:08 PM
bigwoz62

I would be interested. Although 10 years will take me quite a while. I have been playing one pretty steady and I am just wrapping up 2020 playoffs...

Quote:

Anyone interested?

Old
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

June 23rd 2013

The draft:

Hello, we're here in Montreal Quebec, at the 2013 draft. Our viewers on TSN can go online and follow our live blog.

Habs pick at 17, Walter White has been seen working the floors... We expect a few moves today...

7:15PM, Tampa's up, MacKinnon goes first.
7:20PM, Duclair, Fucale, Shinkaruk, Pulock to COL, FLA, CBJ, and TOR in that order, no trade news yet. Gunna be a long night, 6 rounds to go...

7:30PM, no ones slipped, Domi will do well in Chicago, can't believe he was still there at 15.

7:32PM, White walks away from Sather, looks pissed... Rangers are up next at 16, followed by the Habs at 17... I hear the Habs want Erne bad... J.Subban still on the board... TSN mock has him going to the Habs at 17....

7:34PM, Rangers take Adam Erne... Good pick, like what the Rangers are doing over there... Habs are up... Got some news... Arnott's with them..

7:36PM: We have a trade, Gomez to Pittsburgh for #60... Last pick of the 2nd... Arnott announces retirement.. #PlayoffHero

7:38PM:Habs are up, PK is with them, they're taking Subban..

7:40PM: W.W, with the 17th pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft we at thrilled to select, from the OHL's Belleville Bulls, Jordan Subban.

8:00PM: It's the end of the first round, a lot of cheers when Gomez was traded.. And Subban picked..Montreal picks 3 times in the 2nd round, Claude Gripoux is on the market... We're hearing Toronto and Detroit are leading the chase..

8:02PM:COL trades Hedja to EDM for 2nd (ANA) and 3rd (EDM) in tonight's draft. #White's on the phone.

8:10PM: Nothing new to report on the Giroux front..

8:30PM: Habs take, D.Grigorenko, J.Ikkonen and J.Lilja in the 2nd round.. Strong picks... Way to add to the pool...

8:40PM: Holmgren and White were talking, for awhile... No development...

8:50PM:Habs take Bo Horvat in the 3rd round..

9:00PM: Bourque to NYR for a 2014 1st and 3rd...

9:25PM: Habs take Kerby Rychel in the 4th round... Their chasing Giroux..

9:50PM:Habs give up on Giroux, reportedly offered 3 1st's Armia and Green...

10:00PM: Round 5 underway.. Habs take F.Roy, son of Patrick... Offered a Galchenyuk for Grigorenko swap.. #Sabres turned it down.. Very quiet here..

10:20PM: Habs take Andrigetto in the 6th...

11:30PM: Draft's over.. C.Gelinas was the Habs last pick..

Expect more noise this summer, thanks for following... Habs currently have 16M in cap space... Don't think they're done retooling..

Old
11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I'm too lazy to write down everyone signed and released so it will only show when I write down the team roster later, A lot of turnover in Hamilton...

Old
11-27-2012, 10:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Nothing big to report, poached Del Zotto...

Before I announce the team... It's dead in here... So if anyone has any comments, questions, concerns, criticisms, please feel free to speak your mind.. Of trade suggestions... Lines whatever..

Here's the team:

Huberdeau(89)-Elias(82)-Gionta(82)
Cole(84)-Cullen(80)-Yakupov(80)
Pacioretty(83)-Geoffrion(77)-Armstrong(78)
Prust(77)-Wellwood(76)-Moen(76)

DelZotto(86)-Subban(87)
Kaberle(85)-Gorges(84)
Diaz(78)-Weber(79)

Price(93)
Khabibulin(77)

Owner wants 44 wins and conference semis.. Wanted 42 last year and semis.. Got 45 and Quarters.. Wasn't happy, gunna have to play abit to ensure next year I get renewed, once I have the team I want I'll play a lot...

I'm stacked on D..

Bulldogs:
Green-Bournival-Amia
Reider-DeSimone-Avstin
Masse-Slaney-Gallagher
Wilsie-Foriter-Holland

Tinordi-Emelin
Mitera-Henry
Fitzgerald-Beaulieu

Dansk
Gustafsson

It's a Calder cup caliber team, to 4 D are 73 and up, worst is a 67, (Nate) My bottom 6 is composed of 3 70+ players and the lowest is a 67... Top 6 is average, but we should do well.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:56 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 133
hey boys, gunna update this before i go to bed tonight. ducks fan. this is the worst team they've ever had so i dont feel bad picking them. I play every game, 4 minute periods, on superstar, and on hard gm difficulty. Will update you guys a ton through the christmas break after i get through exams. Love reading all of these by the way. its like you guys understand me hahaha

UPDATE: HERE WE GO

Ducks are currently 12-6-2, good for 2nd in the west.
Injuries: Bobby Ryan- 2 weeks, Ryan Getzlaf- 5 weeks

McMillan-Cogliano-Perry
Maroon-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Holland-Palmieri
Bonino-Beleskey-Smith-Pelly

Fowler-Sbisa
Beauchemin-Lydman
Allen-Souray

Hiller
B.Johnson(trade for 3rd rd pick)

Leaders
GP-G-A-P
Getzlaf 18-7-9-16
Perry 20-8-7-15
Cogliano20-7-5-12
Ryan 16-5-7-12

Am really happy to see rookies like Holland and Maroon step up and play solid hockey while two of my big guns are hurt. Gunna be tough sending Maroon down with a one way contract and i feel he can chip in on the fourth line. Holland will likely be sent back down after getzlaf returns but has played very well and im excited to see him develop.

Last edited by muckbin15: 11-27-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM
bigwoz62

Did you edit Huberdeau and Price? They get good, but I haven't seen 89 and 93!!!
All in all a good read. Faster rebuild than I tend to do. I tend to do a retooling...

Quote:
Nothing big to report, poached Del Zotto...

Before I announce the team... It's dead in here... So if anyone has any comments, questions, concerns, criticisms, please feel free to speak your mind.. Of trade suggestions... Lines whatever..

Here's the team:

Huberdeau(89)-Elias(82)-Gionta(82)
Cole(84)-Cullen(80)-Yakupov(80)
Pacioretty(83)-Geoffrion(77)-Armstrong(78)
Prust(77)-Wellwood(76)-Moen(76)

DelZotto(86)-Subban(87)
Kaberle(85)-Gorges(84)
Diaz(78)-Weber(79)

Price(93)
Khabibulin(77)

Owner wants 44 wins and conference semis.. Wanted 42 last year and semis.. Got 45 and Quarters.. Wasn't happy, gunna have to play abit to ensure next year I get renewed, once I have the team I want I'll play a lot...

I'm stacked on D..

Bulldogs:
Green-Bournival-Amia
Reider-DeSimone-Avstin
Masse-Slaney-Gallagher
Wilsie-Foriter-Holland

Tinordi-Emelin
Mitera-Henry
Fitzgerald-Beaulieu

Dansk
Gustafsson

It's a Calder cup caliber team, to 4 D are 73 and up, worst is a 67, (Nate) My bottom 6 is composed of 3 70+ players and the lowest is a 67... Top 6 is average, but we should do well.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:59 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoz62 View Post
Did you edit Huberdeau and Price? They get good, but I haven't seen 89 and 93!!!
All in all a good read. Faster rebuild than I tend to do. I tend to do a retooling...
Yes haha ! I'm a huge fan of them, Gally, Yak and Beaulieu too....

M and J Subban... Duclair and MacKinnon too... Oh and Daniel Audette.. I'm going to edit my roster fully when I feel like, but for now this is what I'm going with.

With Attribute effect maxed, Huberdeau is a monster..

Old
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Number1SensFan

Sweet! So I got Kovalchuk and Elliot, my team could be playoff ready with a few more trades. Here's what it looks like right now.
Kovalchuk(91)-Couture(86)-Alfredsson(84)
Van Riemsdyk(85)-Cammalleri(85)-Mueller(84)
Nyquist(78)-Smith(83)-Joensuu(84)
Moss(78)-Gaunce(61)-Reaves(74)

Defense:
Edler(88)-Karlsson(87)
Martin(85)-Stejskal(75)
Ceci(59)-Savard(76)

Goalie:
Elliot(81)
Garon(77)

I'm probably going to try and trade Joensuu and Mueller for like 4 80 ovr players or something. Or a couple players just under their value and get a 3rd or fourth guy. I'm fine with my 4th line because Gaunce will get to play, but I need to fix my Defense situation.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Habs 5-0-0, Huberdeau on fire...

5 games into the 2013-2014 season and Jonathan Huberdeau is lighting it up... He has 12 goals in 5 games... The Habs are 5-0-0. We sat down with "Jo".

LK: Tell us Jo, how are you adjusting to life as a pro ?
JH: It's different, I'm not used to the grind.

LK: What's in like to play for your hometown team ?
JH: It's a dream come true, this is something every kid grows up wanting do, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

LK: Are you pleased with the team's start ?
JH: Yes, we're playing great.

LK: What's the biggest adjustment you've had to make so far ?
JH: It's faster, and the players are better. In junior I was able to walk around players with ease, now it's a battle.

LK: Who's your best friend on the team ?
JH: Nail Yakupov, his really funny. He's my roommate, we like the same stuff, on the ice he's all buisness though.

LK: Last thing before we go, what are you expecting from the team this season ?
JH: Well.. The playoffs and home ice advantage are a start... We're a lot different then last year.. But it would be great to make it out of the first round this year.

LK: Alright, thanks Jo, we here at TSN appreaciate it. Good luck this season.

Thanks for reading, for TSN I'm Larry Kenny.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Trade Deadline Update:

With the Habs sitting at 44-15-6, Walter White was relatively quiet... His only move was trading Max Pacioretty to Boston for Shawn Thornton and Boston's first in this year's draft.

Here's what Walter White had to say about the trade: Well we have a player we like a lot in this coming draft, and were going to move up to get him, Max wanted more ice time and we couldn't provide it to him... He's been on the block since the draft... He requested a trade back in November. We thank him for his contribution to this team and wish him the best of luck in Boston.

Max Pacioretty on the trade: Well 6 times a year I get to remind them why they should of traded Cole and kept me, I'm glad to be a part of the Bruins, we have a strong team. I will miss the fans in MTL, but every knows that Boston has the best fans in the NHL.

And finally our twitter expert Alyonka Larionov picked up this tweet from Nail Yakupov:
RT@#MaxPac67: Always was a scared little ***** ! Watch yourself out there.. #NailYak10

That will certainly add fuel to the fire, for TSN I'm Larry Kenny.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

End of season report:

53-19-10, 113 PTS Won Presidents Trophy
Beat Florida in 5 games in the 1st round.
Lost to Buffalo in 7 in the second round.

Chicago won the Cup, beat NYI in 7.

Elias, Cullen and Kaberle all retired.

Huberdeau and Yakupov led the team in Points, Assists and Goals, in that order.

Yak won the Calder, Price the Vezina and Jennings.

Chicago Wolves won the Calder cup.

Old
11-28-2012, 05:06 PM
bigwoz62

Quote:
End of season report:

53-19-10, 113 PTS Won Presidents Trophy
Beat Florida in 5 games in the 1st round.
Lost to Buffalo in 7 in the second round.

Chicago won the Cup, beat NYI in 7.

Elias, Cullen and Kaberle all retired.

Huberdeau and Yakupov led the team in Points, Assists and Goals, in that order.

Yak won the Calder, Price the Vezina and Jennings.

Chicago Wolves won the Calder cup.
Too top heavy on the forwards. Need some better bottom 6. Especially 3rd line.
I found that until I had a good top 9 I didn;t go faar in the playoffs. Now in 2020 I have 80+ on top 3, with 4th liners around 78, but 90+ def awareness.
D are all over 80 as well.
Once you build up some of your prospects you will have a dangerous team!!

Old
11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Number1SensFan

Quote:
Sweet! So I got Kovalchuk and Elliot, my team could be playoff ready with a few more trades. Here's what it looks like right now.
Kovalchuk(91)-Couture(86)-Alfredsson(84)
Van Riemsdyk(85)-Cammalleri(85)-Mueller(84)
Nyquist(78)-Smith(83)-Joensuu(84)
Moss(78)-Gaunce(61)-Reaves(74)

Defense:
Edler(88)-Karlsson(87)
Martin(85)-Stejskal(75)
Ceci(59)-Savard(76)

Goalie:
Elliot(81)
Garon(77)

I'm probably going to try and trade Joensuu and Mueller for like 4 80 ovr players or something. Or a couple players just under their value and get a 3rd or fourth guy. I'm fine with my 4th line because Gaunce will get to play, but I need to fix my Defense situation.
Guy just sent me Joensuu for Brodziak(80) and Parenteau(82). I think I'm gonna take it because I need the depth

Old
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Guy just sent me Joensuu for Brodziak(80) and Parenteau(82). I think I'm gonna take it because I need the depth
Why not alfredson? He is aging. I would trade him before Joensuu. I like Joensuu when I play with him.

Just my thought.

Oh, and also your defense looks like it needs some help. Maybe an 80 dman would be a nice addition.

Closed Thread