HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
EpicNeilTime

vCash: 500
Can someone give me a scouting report on Matt Jenkins the goaltender for Cornwall? Thanks guys

Old
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
toughguy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

A review of the past week notes the line of Baylis with the Edwards Brothers produced over 21 points. L. Edwards had game winning goals in all three of CP's matches this week (as per Pointstreak). Toss in fights for Baylis and B. Edwards and nine scoring points in nine minutes in the third period versus Cumberland I think you might have the hottest line in the league. Although I like the pariing of Pontarelli and Quince for pure offence as well (not to mention they are also on a huge role!!).

On another note - I'm sure the Robinson Division could use these five above along with Maniccia, Crete, McClaren, Blasko, Ammirato, Byron, Bussey/Ferreiro in Wellington after Christmas!

Goalies for Robinson quite easy for me - - Martin and Guerriero.

D could have a distinct CP flavour so Baylis and/or even Dufour likely don't make the group upfront for the Challenge. For sure Anderson, Lussier, and Akeson make it hands down on on the backend. They are tops over there in the Robinson from what I have seen. Ghantous is likely the next with perhaps Smith or Summers (Prospect game?) as well from CP. Wouldn't mind seeing Sexton or Zach Todd get a chance either!

Injuries to Bounincontri and Weidauer factor in as well. We'll see where the coaches from SF and Cornwall land (not sure what role they have in final selections but sure they have a say at least).

Yzerman Division will have tougher decisions in this regard - the talent is spread more evenly across various teams to consider I think - - and some under performers as well.

Upstart Ottawa is very solid throughout. Givens for the Yzerman division include Hedges (my personal fav), Neil, Norris (see the trend -yes I'm a Raider fan) along with Plouffe, Boiven, Robillard, Dalpe, and Petrie. Other possibles include Clitsome, Rosebrook, Walsh and Audi. Hrehoriak, Hodgson, Rodier, and Witzel for sure should get consideration.

The back-end for the Yzerman will include Watson, Harper, Drouin, Llorca, with perhaps Wethner and then Debrincat. Goalies should be big Z (Zawadski) and Millen.

My thoughts....others are welcome as always!

Go RADIERS Go!
Whats the criteria for the Prospects game? First year in league?

Old
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy73 View Post
Whats the criteria for the Prospects game? First year in league?
I think last year's prospects were all 94s and 95s.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:32 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofytown View Post
Brock Crossthwaite traded to Yarmouth Mariners of MHL.
Apparently it's only for this season. Will be in Nepean next year.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:43 AM
voiceofytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Apparently it's only for this season. Will be in Nepean next year.
So are you suggesting Yarmouth will trade him to Napean next season?

Old
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofytown View Post
So are you suggesting Yarmouth will trade him to Napean next season?
According to Brock himself:

"Dealt again off to Yarmouth Nova Scotia for the rest of the year, then to Nepean next year... Yaay?? lol"

Nor sure how the trade was worded.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
oldnucks

who are the all star teams coaches?

Old
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Here goes:

crete, maniccia, ferriera, byron, bussey, bayliss, blasko, antonelli, quince, roll, mclaren, pontarelli

johnson, akeson, lussier, sexton, weidauer, todd

guerriero, martin

neil, hedges, robillard, rosebrook, plouffe, collins, dalpe, boivin, martin, rodier, norris, clitsome

watson, debincrat, harper, basylik, werthner, drouin

zawadski, lane

summers will be in Prospects game

OK - well lets keep the discussion going.....

Roll, Baylis and Antonelli for the Robinson Division?!?! Baslyk and Martin to represent the Yzerman division?!

Braves (currently a borderline/non-playoff team) place THREE on your team upfront; including Roll whom has only 24pts of which 10 came on the PP?! Can't see it. Room for a second CP forward here at least I would think.

Antonelli - only 25pts and he has 8pts total in his last ten games (and two of those were 3 point games! That's a lot pointless/ineffective games?!). I genuinely like him but he is not in the 12 F's in the Robinson Division.

Bussey - Only 29pts and just five in his last seven games. If Antonelli gets in then Bussey likely doesn't. One or the other. Not sure if this event is his "style". Likely get a third Colt (IM coaching) or CP forward in place of one of these guys.

McClaren - likely gets in b/c his coach is heading up the team with IM but only 4 pts in his last 7 games. Slow start to season as well. He could play with Maniccia and Crete whom are both deserving and, SF being the highest scoring team, well it makes some sense.

Bryron - Only 7 goals all year and just 23 points. Small but committed to D1 as are a few others. Played for C.E. Likely scouts will want to see him. Just saying....there are other factors at play.

JC will lose his mind (and rightly so) if the second highest scoring team in the league gets only its sixth leading scorer on the team upfront as you suggest?! Baylis has notched 12 of his 21 points in the last seven games. Three good weeks likely isn't enough to get you in. BTW his linemate over that period was L. Edwards who has 32pts and only nine of those in the last seven. This 32pts is more than five forwards you have selected and he is committed to a D1 program?!? I'm no CP fan as those on Hockey's Future Boards know from my 100+ posts but you need to show them some love. The only D-man you selected from CP is the injured Weidauer - and this from the best D in the league (as reported and repeated on here)?!

Baslyk over Llorca? Martin over Walsh? Not in my eyes. Lane over Milllen - perhaps.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Any thoughts on selections for the All-Star Challenge? Roster announcements are just a few days away...
I beleive there may be some strange rules to the selection process that another poster has already mentioned, but for fun I will pick my teams.

Forwards- Yzerman
Neil, Norris, Hedges-Nepean
Plouffe, Petrie- Kanata
Clitsome- Cumberland
Boivin, Rosebrook- Gloucester
Robbilard, Collins,- Ottawa
Dalpe, Hrerenback??- Pembroke
Defense
Lorica- Nepean
Harper, Drouin- Pembroke
Watson, - Kanata
Rossey- Gloucester
Werthner- Ottawa
If they take 8- Hart & Debrincat

Robinson Division
Forwards
Maniccia, Crete & Mclaren- Smith Falls
Dufour, Edwards- CPC
Quince, Pontarelli- Cornwall
Bussey, Hawks
Blasko, Ferreira, - Brockville
Byron, Kemptville

Defense
Akeson, - Smith Falls
Weidauer & Smith- CPC
Anderson,-Hawks
Todd- Brockville
Lussier-Kemptville
If they take 8- Sexton & Johnson

Ooops- Forgot Goalies- Yzerman is Zawadski & maybe Millen
Robinson is Guierrio & Martin

I beleive Goulet is the coach of Yzerman team

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 11-27-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Forgot goalies
Old
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
I beleive there may be some strange rules to the selection process that another poster has already mentioned, but for fun I will pick my teams.

Forwards- Yzerman
Neil, Norris, Hedges-Nepean
Plouffe, Petrie- Kanata
Clitsome- Cumberland
Boivin, Rosebrook- Gloucester
Robbilard, Collins,- Ottawa
Dalpe, Hrerenback??- Pembroke
Defense
Lorica- Nepean
Harper, Drouin- Pembroke
Watson, - Kanata
Rossey- Gloucester
Werthner- Ottawa
If they take 8- Hart & Debrincat

Robinson Division
Forwards
Maniccia, Crete & Mclaren- Smith Falls
Dufour, Edwards- CPC
Quince, Pontarelli- Cornwall
Bussey, Hawks
Blasko, Ferreira, - Brockville
Byron, Kemptville

Defense
Akeson, - Smith Falls
Weidauer & Smith- CPC
Anderson,-Hawks
Todd- Brockville
Lussier-Kemptville
If they take 8- Sexton & Johnson

Ooops- Forgot Goalies- Yzerman is Zawadski & maybe Millen
Robinson is Guierrio & Martin

I beleive Goulet is the coach of Yzerman team

Pretty good...can't argue these. Not sure about Rossey but haven't seen the Rangers much this year. Hrehoriak hasn't been great for Pemby but has been good at past events of this nature.

I like the fact your have five (5) Raiders on your Yzerman division squad.

Seems to be a lot of common and/or overlap in potential players when it comes to posts surrounding the challenge in Wellington. Especially b/w the pipes.

Good stuff....

Old
11-28-2012, 10:46 AM
oldnucks

how many 20 year olds are allowed on each team for the tournament, you would hope each team would carry the max number available. Give the 20 year olds this experience in there last season

Old
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
how many 20 year olds are allowed on each team for the tournament, you would hope each team would carry the max number available. Give the 20 year olds this experience in there last season
Last year, Robinson had 4 and Yzerman had 6.

And Prospects were all 16 or 17 years old.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 11-28-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Can't count.
Old
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
I think it is 4 per team. So if i am right which 8 should go ?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Last year, Robinson had 4 and Yzerman had 6.

And Prospects were all 16 or 17 years old.
ok my picks for 20year olds Watson,Werthner,Neil,Rodier,Walsh,Bussy,Blasko,Edw ards,Dufour.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Can someone give me a scouting report on Matt Jenkins the goaltender for Cornwall? Thanks guys
big kid, played in the league for 5 years and never truly got a good chance at being the starter...he would play a few average-poor games when he got his shot and then lose it to a good young goalie

Old
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace View Post
ok my picks for 20year olds Watson,Werthner,Neil,Rodier,Walsh,Bussy,Blasko,Edw ards,Dufour.
I don't disagree - if indeed four 20 year-olds per team are being selected and taken. That remains to be seen however and other factors such as coach's choices, what scouts want to see, commits, availability/back state-side for Christmas, injuries, etc come into play.

Also - - lets not forget the goalie factor!!!

Guerriero and Martin for team Robinson are both 20 year old goalies! That means Bussey and Dufour could be on the outside looking in!

Same for the Yzerman division in net with Zawadski and Millen. Thus Rodier and Walsh could also be affected.

Just saying.....and glad I'm not choosing!! Might be to one teams advantage to take just one 1992 goalie perhaps?!?

Go Raiders Go!

Old
11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Mathletic

couldn't find an OJHL thread, so what do you guys think of Craig Fisher, head coach for the Whitby Fury.

Old
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
couldn't find an OJHL thread, so what do you guys think of Craig Fisher, head coach for the Whitby Fury.
OJHL forum http://www.network54.com/Forum/441519/

Old
11-28-2012, 08:09 PM
BadgerKnight

OJHL Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
There is also "In The Cage with Tigerpaws"
http://www.visesports.com/forums/aff/4

Ottawa Guy's suggested website attracts fans mainly from the East & North conferences while my posting has fans mainly from the West with some from the south. However, there is often frequent crossover between the two forums.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:28 PM
CentralVet90

While I appreciate what the team is trying to do here, and fully support the quest to end bullying and increase mental health awareness, does anyone else agree with me that the Gloucester Rangers should spend more time trying to win hockey games as opposed to making a parody video of Gagnam Style? If I were a team on the outside looking in of the Central league's playoff picture, I would like to think this time could have been better used going over systems, working on special teams, etc. This is, after all, the Central Junior A Hockey League. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYONrg9vxcM

Old
11-28-2012, 09:46 PM
CentralVet90

With the Dec. 1st cut down date and the trade deadline looming, my sources have been working tirelessly on reports. Although quite unorthodox, I have heard that if the Kanata Stallions do not assert themselves as a top 4 team before the deadline, the club is willing to loan the managerial skills and Central League knowledge of veteran GM Lou Nistico to a club who considers themselves to be a championship contender in exchange for a top 6 forward and PDF at the end of the season. Word is Lou would serve as an advisor to the team throughout their playoff run/ possible FPC and RBC cup runs. Has anything like this ever occurred???

Old
11-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralVet90 View Post
With the Dec. 1st cut down date and the trade deadline looming, my sources have been working tirelessly on reports. Although quite unorthodox, I have heard that if the Kanata Stallions do not assert themselves as a top 4 team before the deadline, the club is willing to loan the managerial skills and Central League knowledge of veteran GM Lou Nistico to a club who considers themselves to be a championship contender in exchange for a top 6 forward and PDF at the end of the season. Word is Lou would serve as an advisor to the team throughout their playoff run/ possible FPC and RBC cup runs. Has anything like this ever occurred???
your joking i hope?

Old
11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
I dont see the point of that? and to add with his lack of success you wouldn't think teams would be too desperate for his managerial skills...

Old
11-28-2012, 10:42 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
I think your making too much of this, teams do stuff like this all time. Constanltly doing practice, workouts and Video can be repetitive even pro teams lighten the mood once in awhile

Old
11-29-2012, 05:50 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
This is hilarious.

Closed Thread