HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL – Amerks vs Rampage – Wed Nov 28 – 7:05PM ET

Old
11-28-2012, 08:42 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
Were that me, the players would be running for cover. AND putting earplugs in.
It's all about development now and teaching and feelings. Rolston couldn't possibly get mad. He paces back and forth never saying a word to his players all game.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
2nd period notes:
  • SA PENALTY expires.
  • SA 3-on-1 pass misses everyone, RCH counters 3-on-2 but Flynn/Porter can't convert.
  • SA GOAL! 2-0 SA. Howden; assists to Gomes and Yonkman. Gomes finds Howden in the low slot on a 2-on-1.
  • SA GOAL! 3-0 SA. Caruso; unassisted. SA shot rebounds in slot to Tarnasky who can't clear and Caruso puts it in; the third goal blocker-side.
  • Flynn finds Varone who can't beat Markstrom.
  • RCH GOAL! 3-1 SA. Rankin; assists to Crawford and Varone. Crawford's point shot is deflected by Rankin.
  • SA GOAL! 4-1 SA. Jacques; assists to Rheault and Strachan. I think SA lucked out with Strachan's clearance finding Rheault, but then in the 2-on-2 he spun nicely past Brennan and next found Jacques to the side of the net for the EN tap-in.
  • RCH PENALTY, Roy gets four minutes in a scrum at the end of the period; elbowing and an unsportmanlike were the calls.
  • END OF 2ND PERIOD. 4-1 SA. SHOTS 19-17. SA 5v4 4:00.
And since you don't see TOI often:
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
#Amerks D-man Brayden McNabb leads all players in ice time with 18:18. Former Amerk Michael Caruso leads the #Rampage with 17:25.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...66578981277698

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:04 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
It's all about development now and teaching and feelings. Rolston couldn't possibly get mad. He paces back and forth never saying a word to his players all game.
Then maybe the mood needs to change....

(I'm not referring to RR, of course.)

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:09 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 878
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - A Jared Gomes high stick slap Mark Mancari in the face. #Amerks to the power play at 8:09. Because Mark Mancari is cut, the Gomes high stick is a double minor. #Amerks 4-minute power play.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The #Amerks don't score with four minutes of power play. They're on their way to an unacceptable home loss. #Rampage 4-1, 7:39 to play.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Brian Flynn fans on a Joe Finley rebound but it dribbles into the slot and Frederick Roy sweeps it in. #Amerks trail 4-2, 7:03 left. That's the first pro goal for Frederick Roy. And now the #Amerks go to the power play with 6:40 left.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Jon Rheault gets held by Alex Biega on a 1-on-1 dance move while #Rampage are SH. #Amerks PP ends.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - T.J. Brennan rockets a one-timer off the right post during #Amerks extra-attacker time. Still down 4-2, :29.1 to go. And now T.J. Brennan gets robbed by Jacob Markstrom, who flicks up the glove to snare the wrister from the middle of the slot. 2.6 left. Amerks lose 4-2 - Rampage end an 8 game losing streak.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 11-28-2012 at 09:30 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Now the Amerks get a 4 minute PP; Mancari gets high sticked and blood is spilled...

(Natch, LS beats me to it... )

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Woodhouse

Amerks don't convert on either PP. The big chance being Flynn's who saw his one-timer rebound to him with an EN but hurried his shot wide and high from one knee.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Woodhouse

RCH GOAL! 4-2 SA. Roy at the right edge of the crease finds the puck and buries it; assists to Flynn and Finley. Also, a PP upcoming as Rallo slashes Schofield's stick.

EDIT: 5:00 to go but PP negated as Biega holds Rheault in a 1-on-1. 0:20 4v4.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:19 PM
JPurp26

Fred Roy!

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:23 PM
JPurp26

Finley could be sat soon

Old
11-28-2012, 09:27 PM
sabrefan27

My god again with the Finley garbage. Have you seen McNabb??? Did you see his brutal turnover leading to the shorthanded breakaway. If anyone sits, it should be McNabb.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:49 PM
TheWook

To bad we don't have enough depth right now to sit Mancari, he has been awful.

TheWook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWook View Post
To bad we don't have enough depth right now to sit Mancari, he has been awful.
Agreed. A total bust so far. -4 tonight and just a total lack of effort all around.

Finley was poor tonight, but not as bad as Biega and McNabb.

Parker was, as usual, not up to the level of this league. Schiestel was worse as a forward than he is at defense.

The bright spot was Flynn again and Rankin giving another great effort. Foligno is skating hard, but he's not getting the results. Having a lot of trouble finishing.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
TheWook

Foligno did make the play to gain the zone on the second goal if im not mistaken, just didn't get on the score sheet for it.

TheWook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Agreed. A total bust so far. -4 tonight and just a total lack of effort all around.

Finley was poor tonight, but not as bad as Biega and McNabb.

Parker was, as usual, not up to the level of this league. Schiestel was worse as a forward than he is at defense.

The bright spot was Flynn again and Rankin giving another great effort. Foligno is skating hard, but he's not getting the results. Having a lot of trouble finishing.
agreed. Finley and McNabb could easily be sat. I'm sick of these efforts as well. Mancari is a leader on this team and he gives efforts like that, not acceptable, not teaching our youth properly.

And also agree with the Rankin, Flynn, Foligno line. As I said before those three have chemistry and they should be put as a line not just on the PP but at full strength (they were before and produced). Flynns played center a lot before and Foligno can easily take a face off if need be. I hope Armia comes over after his military service is done.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:19 PM
sabrefan27

I can't help but wonder what the difference would be if Dineen was still in the organization. I'm seeing players regress under Rolston, the defense has been a mess since last year, PK has always been poor, a lack of accountability.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:46 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
I can't help but wonder what the difference would be if Dineen was still in the organization. I'm seeing players regress under Rolston, the defense has been a mess since last year, PK has always been poor, a lack of accountability.
Don't get me started! I was a big Dineen fan. I had hoped Buffalo would hire him and he would be Ruff's eventual replacement.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Woodhouse

Old
11-29-2012, 12:09 AM
sabrefan27

I see they omitted the goal where Brennan gets embarrassed.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Woodhouse

Quote:
I see they omitted the goal where Brennan gets embarrassed.
LOL. It's a broken record with the defense... positioning (ie. first GA, both Brennan and Biega commit to same man below our end line and neither thwart his centering pass); beaten with speed or caught out (ie. Finley caught and second GA scored on ensuing 2-on-1); sloppy passes and turnovers (ie. McNabb? on Rheault's third period SH breakaway; Tarnasky on third GA); failed clearances (ie. Tarnasky on third GA); turnstiles (ie. Brennan on the fourth GA); and so on...

Old
11-29-2012, 12:17 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
LOL. It's a broken record with the defense... positioning (ie. first GA, both Brennan and Biega commit to same man below our end line and neither thwart his centering pass); beaten with speed or caught out (ie. Finley caught and second GA scored on ensuing 2-on-1); sloppy passes and turnovers (ie. McNabb? on Rheault's third period SH breakaway; Tarnasky on third GA); failed clearances (ie. Tarnasky on third GA); turnstiles (ie. Brennan on the fourth GA); and so on...
And it's the reason I'm pretty confident, in November, that the Amerks probably won't make it past round 1 of the playoffs. If they even make it.

The defense is so bad in so many ways, it's just not going to happen. And they're not magically getting better. It's basically the same group as last season, sans Morrisonn (who happened to be their best defenseman). They haven't improved in over a year now. A personnel change is the only way, and that's not happening.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:52 AM
heartsabres*

I am sure the Amerks are sucking because of injuries.

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
UncleBenny

The defense isn't injured, they just suck. Only way this team turns it around is if the offense stays healthy and manages to score a ton of goals to make up for our lack of defense, right now our big guns aren't scoring though.

UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
My god again with the Finley garbage. Have you seen McNabb??? Did you see his brutal turnover leading to the shorthanded breakaway. If anyone sits, it should be McNabb.
Brennan, McNabb, Pysyk, Schiestel, Finley, McKenzie and JGL can΄t be that bad?

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Brennan, McNabb, Pysyk, Schiestel, Finley, McKenzie and JGL can΄t be that bad?
I'm not sure what you're asking there. If you're asking if that defense can be bad, the answer is yes.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:11 AM
AmerksPuck

That sure was an ugly game last night - the defense was terrible, no finish from some of the top forwards, Leggio was below average- just an all around disaster.

Mancari is a joke- embarrassing he wears the 'A'- I can't believe the amount of ice he continues to get. Minus 4, really?

Outside of one or two guys- nobody showed up. Again, didn't help they had two fourth lines going into the game.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote