HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WHL Report: 2012-2013

Old
11-14-2012, 02:32 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Alright, fair enough. I could understand that if that's what he meant.
THC was basically bang on. I was just wondering how it simply comes about mid season that something may have occured. I apologize if I came accross as attacking him or his credibility. I can certainly see how it can be read that way

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
joestevens29

From listening yesterday if I was a GM of any CHL club I wouldn't be talking to said media guy again. Went out of his way again to say that there is someone currently on the club that is getting 4 years of schooling for playing at least 1 WHL game. Might be true might not be, but when you don't have the whole story you just look like someone trying to make a name for yourself.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Red Deer Rebels fire head coach Jesse Wallin. Brent Sutter named interim replacement.

http://www.whl.ca/article/rebels-make-major-changes

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I am the Liquor

Just heard Dean Millard on Spec's show hosted by Nielson. Sounds like Portland is on the hook for recruiting violations. One of which was apparently for a player who was on the roster last year. Someone got guaranteed four years of college paid for playing one game. Millard said five separate scouts have texted him telling him its about time. It is expected the punishment could consist of anything from a fine to a fine and suspension of the gm.

Heavy **** about to go down.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
I wonder if there's as much dirt on them as Windsor.

Windsor was fined $250,000 and lost two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders for basically the same thing.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:37 PM
I am the Liquor

Seems Sutter has sent leading scorer and 20yr old overager Charles Inglis home to await a trade.

http://www.reddeerrebels.com/article...ys-with-inglis

I always thought Inglis was a ******.

Last edited by dnicks17: 11-14-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Fixed your link.
Old
11-14-2012, 11:14 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Seems Sutter has sent leading scorer and 20yr old overager Charles Inglis home to await a trade.

Watch him get traded to Oil Kings now.... I really hope not

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
I am the Liquor

Nevermind.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

I went to the Perry Pearns hockey camp in Edmonton with this guy several years ago ( he lived out east but came to Edmonton in the summer to visit his Grandma I think) anyway, this guy had UNREAL talent. In the camp I think he sets record for points. In the finals of the mini tourny I remember him being a cocky kid and butting in line to get in on every shift ( it was 3 on 3 and when your waiting to go out your prohibited from butting team mates) and he scored a hatty in the last period and won the game but his team ended up getting disqualified cause of him(LOL), and winning PP tourny was a big deal back then In the dressing room hed always tell some weird stories. Like the one time he got pulled over for doing 230 in a lambo but the cop let him go cause they were family friends. Weird kid but funny.

Also at the John Reid Memorial tourny (one of the best bantam tournies in WC) his team was down 5-1 going into the 3rd in the finals and he went beast mode and potted 4 to tie in up and might have actually won it in OT or at the end of regulation (it was 4 years ago) I always thought this guy would make it to the NHL forsure but I guess talent doesnt make up for a bad attitude

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

vCash: 907
WHL Sanctions Winterhawks

Quote:
As a result of a series of player benefit violations which have occurred over the past four seasons, WHL Commissioner Ron Robison has suspended the Portland Winterhawks from participating in the first five rounds of the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft and the forfeiture of their first round selections in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 WHL Bantam Drafts. Should the first round selection in 2014 not be available due to a conditional trade, Portland will surrender their second and third round picks in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. The WHL also announced the Portland Winterhawks have been fined $200,000 and Winterhawks General Manager and Head Coach Mike Johnston has been suspended for the balance of the 2012-13 season, including the 2013 WHL Playoffs.
Holy ****, Portland got absolutely fisted.

April Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:01 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Holy ****! That's crazy given what I've seen come out so far

Old
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I went to the Perry Pearns hockey camp in Edmonton with this guy several years ago ( he lived out east but came to Edmonton in the summer to visit his Grandma I think) anyway, this guy had UNREAL talent. In the camp I think he sets record for points. In the finals of the mini tourny I remember him being a cocky kid and butting in line to get in on every shift ( it was 3 on 3 and when your waiting to go out your prohibited from butting team mates) and he scored a hatty in the last period and won the game but his team ended up getting disqualified cause of him(LOL), and winning PP tourny was a big deal back then In the dressing room hed always tell some weird stories. Like the one time he got pulled over for doing 230 in a lambo but the cop let him go cause they were family friends. Weird kid but funny.

Also at the John Reid Memorial tourny (one of the best bantam tournies in WC) his team was down 5-1 going into the 3rd in the finals and he went beast mode and potted 4 to tie in up and might have actually won it in OT or at the end of regulation (it was 4 years ago) I always thought this guy would make it to the NHL forsure but I guess talent doesnt make up for a bad attitude
PP camp was full of bad attitude now AJHL/WHL kids.

I can name a few off the top of my head who busted/never made it because of their attitudes.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

What did Portland do?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

This has been known for months now? Wasnt it. Thought i missed the penalties. When I read up on the spitfire scandal a few months ago The league said there were other teams being investigated and Portland was one of the rumoured teams mentioned.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
What did Portland do?
Pay the captains cell phone bill. Lol (among other things). But this is the biggest violation of all!!

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

The Dub has to come out and say what they're punishing because that seems awfully steep.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
awesomo
HARD!

they paid for parent trips and stuff, gave the captain a paid for cell phone for 3 years and paid for some players summer training

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
tv14

WHL hockey on Sportsnet tonight in case anyone is interested. Kelowna @ Lethbridge at 7pm MT.

Heres SNets preview. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...na_lethbridge/

Players to watch:
Kelowna, D - Madison Bowey, Eligible in 2013

Kelowna, D - Mitchell Wheaton, Eligible in 2013

Kelowna, G - Jackson Whistle, Eligible in 2013

Kelowna, D - Jesse Lees, Eligible in 2013

Kelowna, D - Riley Stadel, Eligible in 2014

Kelowna, C - Rourke Chartier, Eligible in 2014

Lethbridge C - Jay Merkley, Elligible in 2013

Lethbridge D- Macoy Erkamps, Elligible in 2013

Lethbridge, RW - Jamal Watson, Eligible in 2013

Lethbridge, RW - Axel Blomqvist, Eligible in 2013

Lethbridge, C - Reid Duke, Eligible in 2014

Lethbridge, D - Ryan Pilon, Eligible in 2015

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:28 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Went to my first Giants game in a while since I haven't been to keen to watch a terrible, Musil free team.

-What's going on with Myles Bell? I was looking forward to watching him.
-I really wasnt impressed by Bowey. His skating looks to be a major issue
-Severson and Sissons both looked fantastic

-Jackson Houck continues to impress. He had 2 goals and an assist on the winner to go along with a couple big hits
-Dalton Sward has looked pretty good all year for an off the charts 18 year old. The points aren't yet coming, but he's physical, and has soft hands. He dangled around basically the entire other team a couple times in the offensive zone tonight.
-Brett Kulak is still a disaster as a defenseman, but he's got a great shot, and fired an absolute cannon for the winner tonight. Could actually be a decent bottom pairing PP option for the Flames (but I still think he never gets more than a cup of coffee)