HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit: Bottom 6 Forwards

Old
11-28-2012, 09:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Stuart made his mistakes, but to say he's been crap for 2 years is just flat out lying.
Stuart hasn't been great, two and a half is a bit much. But last year he is open for all the fire that comes. He was awful, just flat out awful. He was the worst Wings d-man in the playoffs and he stunk most of the year. Sure he made a couple of bail out the goalie exciting goal line plays, but lost in that was often he was the reason those plays happened in the first place.

I am happy for Stuart that he got to go home and be back with his family. I wish him luck and hope he can find his game again. Thank him for what he did while in Detroit especially when he first came over. But I don't give him a pass for being awful last year, it happened and is fair to point out.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
If he can kill penalties and play sort of tough ES minutes at center, Buffalo would be interested in Abdelkader.
Why not Ryan's little brother? We have our Abdelkader here in McCormock

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Edler is not a need. Hamhuis is a need, if we're using Canucks defensemen as the baseline. Garrison even fits the bill. Edler is a luxury to a team that already has Kronwall, White, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, and Colaiacovo. Ericsson is the only guy on the team who's not an offensive guy and he can handle the puck just fine.
I don't think you know much about Edler, despite him being an excellent offensive defenseman, he is a very good defensive defenseman as well. He's better than Kronwall is defensively

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
I don't think you know much about Edler, despite him being an excellent offensive defenseman, he is a very good defensive defenseman as well. He's better than Kronwall is defensively
I don't think you know much about Edler... according to the majority of Vancouver fans on HF, the guy isn't that great in the defensive zone and is a bit overrated. Is he bad? Obviously not, but from most accounts I've heard he isn't the greatest defensively.

Back on topic, apparently nobody is interested in Mursak? Wierd, I thought he would be valued higher than guys like Miller, but maybe not.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Really like Abdelkader, if leafs had room I'd love him.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Back on topic, apparently nobody is interested in Mursak? Wierd, I thought he would be valued higher than guys like Miller, but maybe not.
I hope it stays that way, much more interested in keeping Mursak than Miller. Miller had a great year, this is a good time to sell high on him. Mursak never got fully back from his ankle injury, when healthy he is a very good player. He won't score like he does right now in Austria but his ceiling is much higher in my opinion.

In a couple years the Ferraro/Tatar - Helm - Mursak line is going to be a nightmare for other teams.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:01 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

It is funny to see other teams seem interested in Abdelkader, pretty polarizing player with Detroit fans. I am still in his camp, refreshing to see the rest of the leagues fan-bases still think he has plenty to offer.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:11 AM
kthsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I don't think you know much about Edler... according to the majority of Vancouver fans on HF, the guy isn't that great in the defensive zone and is a bit overrated. Is he bad? Obviously not, but from most accounts I've heard he isn't the greatest defensively.
Hamhuis is elite defensively...top 5 after the big names like Chara and Suter.

Edler has flashes of elite defensive games but is rather inconsistent game in, game out but still very much above average. Closest comparison would be Boyle from SJ.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Huffer

vCash: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
Yes lol. Well, technically I am in St. Clement's which is adjacent to St. Andrew's but I'm so damm close to the boundary that it really doesn't matter.
Cool. Had to ask as I was wondering how Helm could be a hometown boy to the Oilers.

I'm originally from Selkirk, and saw Helm play on the Fishermen.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:28 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Edler is CAPABLE of playing better defensively than Kronwall. But he doesn't do it on anything that could be even loosely called a regular basis. If he came to Detroit he'd be the #2 defenseman, play on the 2nd pair with Ericsson, and play on the first PP unit with Kronwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Hamhuis is elite defensively...top 5 after the big names like Chara and Suter.
Hamhuis is the guy I want. I have wanted him since he was a Predator. I was asking for a Stuart trade even then, and Philly goes and gets Hamhuis for RYAN PARENT??

Quote:
Edler has flashes of elite defensive games but is rather inconsistent game in, game out but still very much above average. Closest comparison would be Boyle from SJ.
Boyle has been able to play at a high level consistently. Granted, Edler is ten years younger. Edler breaking into the top tier and consistently playing solid two-way hockey in the next couple of seasons would follow Boyle's career path. The big difference between the two is that Boyle always had the consistency, and needed to work on his defensive ability. Edler has the defensive ability, but needs to work on his consistency. Not an easy road.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

I'd like to see us get another gritty bottom 6 guy that can play. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if we traded Corey Emmerton. Abdelkader and Miller are okay, but there are guys I'd trade them for. In addition, Detroit definitely needs a mean, physical shut down defenseman. Helm is one of the most important players on our roster, so I don't really see him going anywhere.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
InjuredChoker

Andersson or Abby can easily replace Emmerton. Miller isn't probably re-signed so I'd trade him too.

Fourth line this year could be

Mursak-Abby-Tootoo.

Andersson brought in next year or maybe Bert demoted if he's still there. We don't have need for Emmerton, Miller and co. They still hold some value so I wouldn't let them go for nothing, if possible.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:02 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Andersson or Abby can easily replace Emmerton. Miller isn't probably re-signed so I'd trade him too.

Fourth line this year could be

Mursak-Abby-Tootoo.

Andersson brought in next year or maybe Bert demoted if he's still there. We don't have need for Emmerton, Miller and co. They still hold some value so I wouldn't let them go for nothing, if possible.
I wouldn't be shocked to see Mursak traded and Emmerton kept. Emmerton won a job out of camp last season as the fourth line center, and looked decent during the season on the wing and at center. If he works on his faceoffs he can solidify that roster spot, especially given age and versatility. Miller and Eaves are the most likely to go, given age and salary. Plus Miller' performance last season; he's not expected to repeat that, so the idea is to sell high.

Miller/Quincey might bring back a good decent top-four defensive defenseman along the lines of 2008 Stuart.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:41 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I wouldn't be shocked to see Mursak traded and Emmerton kept. Emmerton won a job out of camp last season as the fourth line center, and looked decent during the season on the wing and at center. If he works on his faceoffs he can solidify that roster spot, especially given age and versatility. Miller and Eaves are the most likely to go, given age and salary. Plus Miller' performance last season; he's not expected to repeat that, so the idea is to sell high.

Miller/Quincey might bring back a good decent top-four defensive defenseman along the lines of 2008 Stuart.
I doubt you get an average top-four defenseman for that.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:29 PM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
It is funny to see other teams seem interested in Abdelkader, pretty polarizing player with Detroit fans. I am still in his camp, refreshing to see the rest of the leagues fan-bases still think he has plenty to offer.
reminds me of Gaustad in that regard.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote