HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Your recent purchases

Old
11-15-2012, 08:54 AM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy3 View Post
Actually I do not really like the Superfeet, the concept sounds convincing, but I guess my high arch does not make me the perfect subject to use them.

The advertized enhanced control is def not there, if anything it's gotten worse, so I purchased SIDAS 3D Gel insoles, which were designed for high arches. Here's hoping this will help me becoming even more comfortable in my skates.
As I've said countless times, Superfeet is NOT an arch support product. People with high and low arches have enjoyed them, but they're not for everyone.

The good thing about SF is that they give you a 60 day comfort guarantee to try and see if they work. If not, they allow you to refund them at your place of purchase.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
As I've said countless times, Superfeet is NOT an arch support product. People with high and low arches have enjoyed them, but they're not for everyone.

The good thing about SF is that they give you a 60 day comfort guarantee to try and see if they work. If not, they allow you to refund them at your place of purchase.
Basically this. I have a pronounced case of knock knees, which as a result has my legs angled in,pressure points on the outer half of my foot, and flattens my arches out almost completely. They help me angle the heel and back of the arch to resemble a normal foot position, which evens out the pressure through most of my foot.

They help me stay even on my edges given my poor knee structure, but I can't imagine SF ever making a difference for someone just wanting arch support.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've lost all concept of what Superfeet do.

They're basically a very mild heel lift with a bit of arch support towards the INSIDE of the foot, right? To try and push your knees out a bit?

Maybe this is way off topic, but if you have a mild case of plantar fasciitis and/or heel spurs, what kind of inserts would you use in bare feet? My SIDAS insoles are fine in skates but working out at 200 pounds in minimal shoes has given me some foot pain barefoot or in shoes.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:54 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I've lost all concept of what Superfeet do.

They're basically a very mild heel lift with a bit of arch support towards the INSIDE of the foot, right? To try and push your knees out a bit?

Maybe this is way off topic, but if you have a mild case of plantar fasciitis and/or heel spurs, what kind of inserts would you use in bare feet? My SIDAS insoles are fine in skates but working out at 200 pounds in minimal shoes has given me some foot pain barefoot or in shoes.
For the latter part, you should really see a health professional for that(ie podiatrist).

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
TUCKER 06

My most recent purchase was Bauer Supreme One.9 Skates.

I absolutely LOVE these skates. They are very comfortable, incredibly durable (so far) and are certainly one of the best looking skates out there.

I felt like I couldn't justify $100 for the upgrades that the one.100 offers and I actually prefer the skate tongue on the one.9 since I like to flop them a bit.

I was able to "steal" these from Sport Chek for about $225 out of pocket (thanks to a 25% off Friends & Family coupon + gift certificates + birthday money).

I'm trying to keep them in the best possible shape for as long as I can. A deal like that doesn't come along very often and I doubt I'll ever be in a position to purchase $700 skates ever again. But, I know I have to expect a certain amount of wear and tear on them, especially being on the ice 4 times a week.

edit: 100th post! woohoo

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
mgd150

Just bought one of the new Easton 65S II sticks, Senior 85 flex cammalleri pattern.

I'm coming from using Intermediate, usually Bauer sticks (27 yrs old, 5'8'', 155-160 lbs), and I absolutely love this stick. I think the bigger shaft fits better in my hands.

I actually had a hard time picking something out, was torn between this, the mako m3, supreme one60 and nexus 600, the $100 price point in sticks in getting really good. I think this trend may have been started with the Vapor 40 a couple years ago.

mgd150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Frankie Spankie

Tape
Tape
Tape
Laces
Tape
Tape

That's been my last several purchases in order.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Guffaw

CCM CL shoulder pads
Easton E700 helmet

I dropped almost a pound compared to my old shoulders and helmet. Worth it? Probably not, but playing vs. guys half my age I need all the help I can get.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

Got Bauer Vapor X4.0 still trying to break them im

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

First Start Kevlar hockey socks and skate fenders.

Eager to see how the skate fenders are. After my foot taking nearly 3 weeks to heal from a shot Im hoping they live up to their expectations.

Last edited by Lonny Bohonos: 12-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Hank4Hart

just picked these up, piku modded. hopefully they will fit well

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM
magicpixie

Grabbed a Warrior Diablo Kopitar 85 flex. Really digging the stick so far. Normally a slapshot guy, but I've been looking to add snapshots to my game lately, and this stick really does the trick for me. I've been recently sold on the Sherwood Nexon 12s, but Warrior may have stole me away. I'll have to wait to see how long this stick lasts to really make a judgement.

Picked up a new Oakley visor for my brain-bucket. The old one was starting to scratch, and I wasn't really a fan of the tint(picked it up without realizing that tinted visors existed).

Also, I traded my Warrior Ritual goalie pads for a set of Vaughn V4s, haven't tested them yet, but I'm really eager to try them out.

magicpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicpixie View Post
Grabbed a Warrior Diablo Kopitar 85 flex. Really digging the stick so far. Normally a slapshot guy, but I've been looking to add snapshots to my game lately, and this stick really does the trick for me. I've been recently sold on the Sherwood Nexon 12s, but Warrior may have stole me away. I'll have to wait to see how long this stick lasts to really make a judgement.

Picked up a new Oakley visor for my brain-bucket. The old one was starting to scratch, and I wasn't really a fan of the tint(picked it up without realizing that tinted visors existed).

Also, I traded my Warrior Ritual goalie pads for a set of Vaughn V4s, haven't tested them yet, but I'm really eager to try them out.
Ritual custom pros?

Old
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
magicpixie

Yup. Put them up for sale and got an offer to trade. Never been in Vaughns, so I'm excited to see how they stack up. Nursing a back injury at the moment, but as soon as that clears up, I'll get back out on the ice.

magicpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Hank4Hart

I sure hope those Vaughns are in tip top shape. Otherwise it would have been a crappy deal for ya especially with the price of the V4s dropping.

That being said, I love my Vaughns. I tried playing in Reeboks a few times and just couldn't move with the hard boot and everything. Vaughns are the way to go for me, although I do wish they'd have harder foam on the surface of the shin so that my rebounds don't just stay motionless in the crease . I hear the RX10 does just that so I might give that a shot soon.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:25 AM
SCritical

Well, I've broken in my CCM women's shoulder pads. They're a real improvement from the Bauer vapor X:20, the low profile floating shoulder caps really make a difference for comfort. It's also nice not having to worry about it riding up all the time.

Next on my hit list...more and more holes are appearing in my comfy but fragile Bauer one40 pants. I'm eyeing off the Bauer Supreme Totalones, I've heard good things about them. I just hope they're a bit sturdier than my current pants

SCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

A friend of mine swore off Bauer products. His Supreme pants (second from the top) completely fell apart on him within a year. My Vapors were fine but had no protection.

What's your price range?

I've been really happy with my Tacklas (9000 for $130) but I also have really liked my Reebok pants so far (5k's for $50). I've had good luck with Reebok protective.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Stickchecked

I have a bad habit of tolerating bad equipment. But I finally bought some 13" Bauer Supreme One60 gloves to replace my oversized 14" 4 roll Eastons. Talk about world of difference. I've used them for two pickups so far and I absolutely love them.

It might be more accurate to say I don't think about my gloves now whereas before I was always fiddling and dealing with my gloves.

The Supremes are snug but I'm a thin guy and I prefer. And I've had zero mobility issues with my wrists.

I also replaced my 4 year old Thinnies socks. Such simple things can be so nice.

Now, it's time to pull the trigger on some pants that fit.

Stickchecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
PaperworkNinja

I bought another Warrior stick after going back to Easton. I found a Dynasty stick, Gionta pattern intermediate length with a 70 flex. I just like the toe curve for my snap shot.

PaperworkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:18 PM
SCritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
A friend of mine swore off Bauer products. His Supreme pants (second from the top) completely fell apart on him within a year. My Vapors were fine but had no protection.

What's your price range?

I've been really happy with my Tacklas (9000 for $130) but I also have really liked my Reebok pants so far (5k's for $50). I've had good luck with Reebok protective.
I'm willing to pay up to 200. I'm also 5'3, short legged and a more 'shapely' female. I've always thought reebok gear looks a bit long for me

SCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

New reebok gloves
Rangers colored hockey socks
Trying to get some shin guards. I need big ones.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:29 AM
vapor11

late on the x60 wagon

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Soedy

Bought these two pieces before the season started:

Vaughn Velocity 5 7800 Glove used 2 times before for 250€

Reebok Premier II Pro C/A used 10 times before for 150€

So far I love both pieces. The C/A offers much more protection, especially in the arms than my 6 years-old Miklin I had before. Felt a little bulky at first but once I adapted to it, I'm more mobile than before.

The glove is a pure dream. I was worried because of the Split-T but I might never go back to the single T again. Feels like a second skin.

Soedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:12 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soedy View Post
The glove is a pure dream. I was worried because of the Split-T but I might never go back to the single T again. Feels like a second skin.
Split-t rules. One more thing to make it even better, skate lace pocket!

Anxiously awaiting my custom set of Simmons 997 pads, 997 glove and Matrix blocker as well as my Maltese combo.

Sticks to be ordered in January.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Soedy

Yes had this on one of my old gloves, made it way better. I will do it next summer I think.

Soedy is offline   Reply With Quote