Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2012-13 English Premier League Round 14

Old
11-28-2012, 04:45 PM
One

vCash: 236
Swansea made a nice little soccer clinic in the first half vs WBA. It was nice to see

One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:23 PM
SteelCitySaviour

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
Bale was then jeered by the away fans after being booked for diving, although replays showed Daniel Agger did make contact with the winger's trailing leg as he charged at the Reds defence.

from espn. if you want to complain about the dempsey call after watching it in slow mo be fair and realize bale's yellow was unwarranted and should have been a free kick from right outside the box.

pool played well in the second, but still never scored a goal of their own. avb needs to stop letting off the gas in the second. either way lpfc didnt deserve a draw. there's not much going on besides suarez at that club.

SteelCitySaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
first of many

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Bale is by far my most hated player in the epl. He cries about everything.
replays showed Daniel Agger did make contact with the winger's trailing leg as he charged at the Reds defence.

11-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

agreed on the gotta stop letting off the gas comment Steel...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Bale is one hell of a talent...but yes, i get tired of it...the diving is getting out of control for my tastes...
Wasn't a dive, he was caught... even as a lifer Spurs fan I don't care though. The refs have to keep calling this even if they get it wrong a few times, the game will be so improved without the simulation. Sorry Gareth, you live by the sword & you'll die by it a few times!

Johnnywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:40 PM
SteelCitySaviour

Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
Quote:
the only time he didn't was the one time he should have...vs arsenal

SteelCitySaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
What a bargain Michu has been so far this year. Pablo Hernandez was fantastic as well, I think we should bring more players from La Liga

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:53 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
I'm new to following the EPL and decided before the season to back Tottenham. Their inability to finish games is killing me, even as a new, still-learning fan. I spent the last 15 minutes today convinced they were going to give up another goal.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

Not a convincing performance but I'm glad United got the win. Expect a better result against Reading.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
Wasn't a dive, he was caught... even as a lifer Spurs fan I don't care though. The refs have to keep calling this even if they get it wrong a few times, the game will be so improved without the simulation. Sorry Gareth, you live by the sword & you'll die by it a few times!
eh, he was "caught" but still could have stayed up in my opinion....but we're on the same page...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
I'm new to following the EPL and decided before the season to back Tottenham. Their inability to finish games is killing me, even as a new, still-learning fan. I spent the last 15 minutes today convinced they were going to give up another goal.
That's our lot me ole china...welcome to the club, it's a hell of a ride.

C O Y S

Old
11-28-2012, 08:27 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Newcastle is why investment is a good idea.

They werent even terrible today which is a huge compliment considering recent form.

njdevsfn95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Osstrayan
#murderskate

Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The second goal was a result of a foul that never happened, Dempsey tripping over his own feet. Like I said though, at this stage I expect it. We've had four points ripped from us by officials already and not been given a single beneficial call all season.
The second goal was a result of your goalkeeper being, well, frankly quite rubbish. Phil dowd did not put the ball in the net. Those kinds of fouls are whistled many times per game whether rightly or wrongly, but a small percentage of them go into the net.

I actually don't remember the gerrard penalty shout so I won't comment, but I'm appreciative of your level headed response to the gallas one. At first glance I thought it was a penalty but the challenge was all ball upon replays. Correct call there.

If I were you though I'd be far less concerned about the refs and more concerned about how BAD some of your supposedly very good players are. Two years ago glen Johnson was being hailed as the second coming and today he dribbled the ball out of bounds three times in the last 10 minutes with nobody around him. There are others that did the same thing, and it just appears as though they couldn't give a rat's. that's where your ire should be directed in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
And it's only so much more noticed then Bale because of media witchhunt.

Suarez is bad yes, but Bale isn't very far off being as bad, but little media attention helps his cause in terms of general opinion.
And in fairness, while bale definitely gives the puppy dog eyes, the witch hunt you speak of is because not only Suarez a diver, it's that he's just generally a compete prat. You can't forget that.

Osstrayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I'm realistic, I don't think very many of our supposedly good players are really very good. We have Suarez, Sterling, Allen, Agger, and Johnson and that's pretty much it at the moment. That's two relative children and three senior players. Our best midfielder has been out for a year so who knows what we've got in him. Our captain's dust and should be dropped. I think what happened at the end there was telling of a lack of rotation in our side, because there is no squad to use, some players are flying into the red head first. I haven't seen Johnson play for this long without picking up an injury in some time, he's been very good this season so I have no complaints about him.

Don't think a single goalkeeper would have stopped the free kick, it went off Henderson's head I believe. Reina has been horrible this season but can't blame him for that one.

Owners have to stump up the cash or leave. All the money they cut from the books while trumpeting huge sponsorship deals and a lack of signings all doesn't wash with me. Stadium being renovated looks like another false horizon, little bit of info floated out and nothing since. I haven't trusted them from the off and still don't. I think we have to get Gerrard and Reina out of the team in order to improve. Hard as that is for some to accept it's the obvious truth and we should no longer delude ourselves, they bring nearly nothing to the cause anymore. Whichever manager it is that decides them two are dropped and replaced will bring success back to Liverpool, until then we'll continue to flounder.

The people who wasted our biggest transfer windows are already gone, so it's hard to direct ire towards them. At least 70m, could be 75 or 80 spent on absolute waste. Undoubtedly the worst transfer period any club has had in the history of football.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 11-28-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalcyx View Post
And in fairness, while bale definitely gives the puppy dog eyes, the witch hunt you speak of is because not only Suarez a diver, it's that he's just generally a compete prat. You can't forget that.
Bale is a punk, he just gets away with it because he fits British stereotypes. British media like to pretend they are not xenophobic but they are just subtle about it.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Bale is a punk, he just gets away with it because he fits British stereotypes. British media like to pretend they are not xenophobic but they are just subtle about it.

Bale gets away with what??? Today he was clipped, went down & got a yellow card, in retrospect wrongly...& I don't mind one little bit, it's the price to be paid to get the crap out of the game if at all possible.'Punk'!!?? 'fits British stereotypes'!!??...carry on, I'm sure it'll just get better!

Old
11-28-2012, 09:38 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
That's our lot me ole china...welcome to the club, it's a hell of a ride.

C O Y S
Thanks for having me! Fun (and stressful) so far.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:19 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Do they know their game isn't until tomorrow?
west ham fans got into trouble over the weekend for being stupid, yet again and two have been given life time bans for what they were chanting

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:18 AM
RussianRocket10

Wow Chelsea has been boring to watch these first two games under Benitez.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
What a bargain Michu has been so far this year. Pablo Hernandez was fantastic as well, I think we should bring more players from La Liga
Why, would you want players from a garbage league?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:14 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Wow Chelsea has been boring to watch these first two games under Benitez.
They were good for about 15 minutes after Mata's introduction. He started Bertrand at DM with Romeu and Ramires. Against Fulham.

I appreciate Benitez is striving to keep those clean sheets and be more defensively responsible, but Fulham still got a couple of dangerous chances and Chelsea never really threatened until the dying minutes.

I'm going to give Benitez a chance. He deserves a bit of support. I think fans that boo him from the start before he can prove himself is just idiotic. The team needs support but can't get out of this god forsaken rut. What a horrible November.

Torres has been much better these past couple of games. At least he's trying, but there is just no killer instinct in the last third...from anyone.

MOTM for me is Azpilicueta. He is really impressing me. Offensively and defensively solid.

Romeu in for Mikel. He is definitely a raw talent, but at least he's contributing and not killing any play Chelsea were trying to make.

Oscar and Hazard had an off-night. I'd like to see more from Marin.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:43 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Saw this in the sky match report.

Talking point: Arsenal have now won two of their last twelve games when starting Aaron Ramsey. Coincidence?

Just another frustrating thing about the manager that only he seems to not be able to see. Podolski gets his first rest of the season and still Gervinho and Chamberlain are on the bench in favor of him. I see Rosicky made the bench so hopefully he gets back to full fitness and is another option to play ahead of Ramsey.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:36 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I saw the same stat but in 11 games. Problem is that Ramsey too often holds the ball and slows down the game as an attacking minded midielder. How much times have you seen Jack Wilshere backtrack with the ba in open space? Rarely. That's the difference. JW10 has world class written all over him when he reaches his potential because he looks forward, he moves the ball up the pitch and high pace an makes the right decisions. Ramsey showed he could do it from time to time, his goal against Olympiacos and assist to Theo yesterday were great, but way too often do I see him backtrack when he has space in front of him and slow down the game/attacks tempo. Yes Arsenal are a passing team, but we are equally renound for our fast paced sharp counters

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:30 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
They were good for about 15 minutes after Mata's introduction. He started Bertrand at DM with Romeu and Ramires. Against Fulham.

I appreciate Benitez is striving to keep those clean sheets and be more defensively responsible, but Fulham still got a couple of dangerous chances and Chelsea never really threatened until the dying minutes.

I'm going to give Benitez a chance. He deserves a bit of support. I think fans that boo him from the start before he can prove himself is just idiotic. The team needs support but can't get out of this god forsaken rut. What a horrible November.

Torres has been much better these past couple of games. At least he's trying, but there is just no killer instinct in the last third...from anyone.

MOTM for me is Azpilicueta. He is really impressing me. Offensively and defensively solid.

Romeu in for Mikel. He is definitely a raw talent, but at least he's contributing and not killing any play Chelsea were trying to make.

Oscar and Hazard had an off-night. I'd like to see more from Marin.
Everyone would love to see more from Marin, unfortunately he made the dumbest career move he possibly could by joining chelsea.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I know it's only been two games but I can't help but find it ironic that Benitez was brought in too do better than Matteo and win games and he's drawn both 0-0. Mildly amusing.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote