HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
n00bxQb

vCash: 500
Anything with pass assist in this year's game drives me bonkers, especially after you look at the replay and see that you were aimed exactly where you wanted it to go, but for some reason, it went 10 feet to the right

Not to mention pass assist deciding, no, you didn't want to pass to the open guy in the slot, you wanted to make a 50-foot, cross-ice, saucer pass through 3 defenders to a guy who is behind the blue line

Old
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
HarveySpecter

When do they update the rosters for the CHL?

Old
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intangibles View Post
never

Old
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
HarveySpecter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
never
They did last year

Old
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
I came in here to ask this question and I'm pretty disgusted it hasn't been done yet. They have guys who were traded in October '11 who are still on their old team.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Deku Scrub

vCash: 1000
The AHL rosters are just as bad. Bingo's lineup still has the likes of Corey Locke and Mark Parrish, and is missing Mark Stone, Shane Prince, Mika Zibanejad, and Jakob Silfverberg. I think Andre Benoit and Tyler Eckford are missing as well but I may be wrong.

I guess that sort of ties into the CHL rosters though, as Stone is still on Brandon and Prince is still on Ottawa.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Krishna

My biggest complaint with the roster is why is Kubina starting over Schenn and Grossmann?

Old
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Okay serious questoin:

How do people I play online do 2 things at once... check me then poke check so my player seems to be stuck to their player and not move... WTF do I have to do to get away from this??

I am losing it. I can't do anything and I'm checked by a much smaller player then pokechecked.... it's WACKKKYYYY

Old
11-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Anybody have any tips for passing?

I'm not bad at this game or any previous EA NHL games. Last year my record was something like 135-60-15 or something like that. This year I'm actualy doing pretty good still, EASHL wise and Online Versus (although I do play a lot less).

The only thing I can't get down is my passing. Any type of passing. Stretch passes bounce off the sticks. Short passes completely miss the player. Two on ones usually miss. I used to have passing down really well in when to hold down RT and when to just tap it. Now I can't for the life of me.
Hold RS as if you were pulling back for a shot or deking to the backhand before passing. I find this gives an accuracy boost. You can make some pretty sick passes through defenders by doing this kind of pass. It also changes the angle of the pass release point, confusing both AI and human defenders.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
11-26-2012, 11:05 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
They did last year
EA locked out their employees I guess. I tweeted them a few weeks ago, and they said nothing has been planned. Doubt we see any changes unless its HUT related.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Jaffray15

Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
The AHL rosters are just as bad. Bingo's lineup still has the likes of Corey Locke and Mark Parrish, and is missing Mark Stone, Shane Prince, Mika Zibanejad, and Jakob Silfverberg. I think Andre Benoit and Tyler Eckford are missing as well but I may be wrong.

I guess that sort of ties into the CHL rosters though, as Stone is still on Brandon and Prince is still on Ottawa.
I updated all the AHL rosters myself, not including some players that aren't in the game before. (ex. Justin Schultz)

Last edited by Jaffray15: 11-27-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 02:40 AM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/143691838

Old
11-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Soedy

I really like this game. Am playing it a lot more than 12 which was solid but pretty boring. The new skate engine definetly improved this game a lot finally you can get past defenders, one thing I wanted since I made the switch to NG in 09. Still, they should increase goaltender interference, I ran often into the goalie and nothing happens, they even allowed a goal by me after I clearly knocked Lundqvist down.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:35 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Anybody have any tips for passing?
When dealing with AI, I can't emphasize this enough: change the angle before passing!

The computer is anticipating your pass, in almost every situation. Say you're on a 2-on-1 and want to get the puck to your teammate. It's very likely that the computer dman is going to expect that and either intercept or deflect your pass if you try to send the puck "through" him. So you have to change the angle -- slow down a little bit, maybe cut to the middle just slightly, and THEN pass it to your now-wide-open linemate. If you're on your strong side (ie, right handed shot on the right side) it's slightly more difficult than the weak side (RHS on the left side).

In a cycling or zone-offense type situation, try not to get too focused on the slot. Sometimes I get in a rut where I'm just trying to get the puck to the slot ASAP and the AI will take the puck away all day. If that happens, move out to the halfboards where you can get the puck with a little bit of breathing room and make a move on the defender. If you're covered, push it back to your point man and let him draw the defense out, then stick-tap to get it back when you feel comfortable with the amount of space you're being given. If the only thing your team has open is the point or halfboard shot, take it. Remember that you can call for a shot the same way you call for a pass (R1 on the Xbox controller) and then just crash the net for a deflection or rebound chance. Eventually the computer will get spooked and open up some space in the slot, but in the meantime you really have to use your teammates to even have a chance at creating offense.

The AI is just a hell of a lot smarter this year, and a lot better at picking pucks out of the air.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
PanniniClaus

EA have had a great deal of time to update the Junior leagues, European and especially the AHL. Very poor to not have a comprehensive update by now.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
tv14

Anyone know the "secret" for drawing penalties? Im Philly in my GM Connected and get this. I have gotten 98 powerplays this year so far and the next closest to me has 130. Its starting to get really frustrating when everyone gets away with interference and everything else and than I get called for it.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Deku Scrub

vCash: 1000
It's moments like this that make me love EASHL:

Old
11-29-2012, 07:35 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
How come?

They've messed up quite a few things in rosters like:

- Draft pick ownership. I went to start a season as Columbus to see that they didn't have any of the 1st they traded for this past season.

- AHL rookies/players. No Justin Schultz.

- CHL rookies/players. No Tyler Biggs for Leaf fans.

- Overseas signings need to be updated, too.
Easy fix for this:
Place Jeff Carter and Rick Nash on Springfield's roster (CBJ owned) and trade them back for the 1st rounders when you start the game.

Of course, this only works if you start as Columbus.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:15 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Send a message via AIM to ThememanXX
Bought the game on sale for $25 through Amazon a few days ago. Fired it up and played two games with AHL teams. HATED the gameplay and the rosters were even worse. Felt like a slower NHL 12.

Terrible game, and shame on EA for not updating the rosters of the north american teams that are actually playing hockey.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:23 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Bought the game on sale for $25 through Amazon a few days ago. Fired it up and played two games with AHL teams. HATED the gameplay and the rosters were even worse. Felt like a slower NHL 12.

Terrible game, and shame on EA for not updating the rosters of the north american teams that are actually playing hockey.
Were you playing offline or online?

Old
11-29-2012, 09:44 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Were you playing offline or online?
Offline after updating to the most recent rosters. I understand AHL rookies are tough to add to the game, but man, when you have guys like Payerl and Morrow IN THE GAME and you can't access them as AHLers in Be a GM mode for the Penguins, that's horrendous.

There's almost no realism with the rosters as bad as they are. All 2012 veterans are still on their old teams, whether they're in the AHL on different clubs this year or overseas (Cal O'Reilly, Jason Williams, Ryan Craig)

Old
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Oscar Acosta

vCash: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
It's moments like this that make me love EASHL:

Hearing 5 stick slappings in a 15 second clip reminded me of why I hate EASHL, and moved on this year to other game modes.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Offline after updating to the most recent rosters. I understand AHL rookies are tough to add to the game, but man, when you have guys like Payerl and Morrow IN THE GAME and you can't access them as AHLers in Be a GM mode for the Penguins, that's horrendous.

There's almost no realism with the rosters as bad as they are. All 2012 veterans are still on their old teams, whether they're in the AHL on different clubs this year or overseas (Cal O'Reilly, Jason Williams, Ryan Craig)
Plays offline and completely judges the game.

Play some EASHL. That's where the real fun is

Old
11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Plays offline and completely judges the game.

Play some EASHL. That's where the real fun is
I didn't buy the game to play online.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:47 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 50
Without sliders this game sucks.

Closed Thread