HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Well, if you dont let me assume things about the Woodbury group, neither can you.
The Governor told Andrea that it was a routine event. That's not assuming anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
The brawls were staged so wouldn't use them to say how much experience they have.
No, the Zombies had their canines pulled. The brawl itself was not staged.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
The Governor told Andrea that it was a routine event. That's not assuming anything.

No, the Zombies had their canines pulled. The brawl itself was not staged.
The brawl was staged, I think. I'm pretty sure that the Governor himself told Andrea that.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
The brawl was staged, I think. I'm pretty sure that the Governor himself told Andrea that.
Nope. The zombies having their teeth pulled out and rendered somewhat docile is the part of the gladiator pit that is staged. I don't think the actually fighting is some scripted WWE sports entertainment.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:15 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Nope. The zombies having their teeth pulled out and rendered somewhat docile is the part of the gladiator pit that is staged. I don't think the actually fighting is some scripted WWE sports entertainment.
didn't the governor tell Andrea it was staged to calm her? I might be wrong. Or maybe it was just to get her into his bed.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
didn't the governor tell Andrea it was staged to calm her? I might be wrong. Or maybe it was just to get her into his bed.
It's staged when it comes to the zombies being a threat. The actual fight is real.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:54 PM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:
You do realize it's Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Oscar against the entire town.
It's not just those 4, there is Maggie and Glen

Old
11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Also 4/6 of those people are complete bad-*****. I'm calling it, Glenn kills the entire town.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:45 AM
beeker16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Also 4/6 of those people are complete bad-*****. I'm calling it, Glenn kills the entire town.
Yep. They touched his woman.
That'll change someone real quick.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker16 View Post
Yep. They touched his woman.
That'll change someone real quick.
"Do you really think I need to swear?"

Old
11-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Still, seems impossible

Old
11-29-2012, 08:52 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Still, seems impossible
it's a show about zombies....

Old
11-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Still, seems impossible
There's like 10 people in Woodbury who actually know how to use a gun. Rick and co could easily take all of them on.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:59 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
There's like 10 people in Woodbury who actually know how to use a gun. Rick and co could easily take all of them on.
You know this how? I love all the people in this thread that think they have Woodbury all scouted out. They don't do this, they don't have this.

No, it's not realistic for 4 people to take over the entire town! Glenn and Maggie are captive. The point is don't screw up the finale writers. There is going to have to be a stealth approach. Andrea and Merle will have to be wildcards to help Rick and co. get through this. Merle's conflicted views on this will probably play a big role.

If Rick and co. go balls out with their head shot mod and take them all out. That will be stupid. It may help if Michonne shares her intel. Maybe there is a subset of the population that doesn't like the governor.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 11-29-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
JWells16

I don't think anyone is denying that it's going to have to be a stealth-like attack... I don't think anyone thinks Rick and co. can just run in with their instant head shots.

Based on what I've seen, a surprise attack at night (killing the guards and getting into the city when no one expects) is very possible. The only people I've seen with guns are the guards (lol) and the Governor's crew. His crew seems formidable, but if it's a well planned attack while they're not ready, they can easily get in and out.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of their intentions. I don't think their plans are to kill everyone in the town.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:11 AM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Quote:
You know this how? I love all the people in this thread that think they have Woodbury all scouted out. They don't do this, they don't have this.

No, it's not realistic for 4 people to take over the entire town! Glenn and Maggie are captive. The point is don't screw up the finale writers. There is going to have to be a stealth approach. Andrea and Merle will have to be wildcards to help Rick and co. get through this. Merle's conflicted views on this will probably play a big role.

If Rick and co. go balls out with their head shot mod and take them all out. That will be stupid. It may help if Michonne shares her intel. Maybe there is a subset of the population that doesn't like the governor.
Nobody said they could or would take out the town, that isnt what they are going there to do. They are going there to get Glenn and Maggie, they won't be taking on the entire town. Add in that they have the element of suprise I don't see how you can say they don't go into it with an advantage.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:15 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
Nobody said they could or would take out the town, that isnt what they are going there to do. They are going there to get Glenn and Maggie, they won't be taking on the entire town. Add in that they have the element of suprise I don't see how you can say they don't go into it with an advantage.
Well if gun shots start going off they are going to have to deal with at least all the men in the town. That's my assumption. There are several comments in this thread that Rick and co. are vastly superior in terms of skill. We don't know that. All of these people have been going through this for a year. We know they have more weapons and more people. I would estimate what... 100 people there? I just hope they finish this season off well. To be honest the ending scene at the farm last year was beyond far fetched.

The governor seems to limit people with weapons so that may help.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:

I like the people that assume Woodbury has an entire defense department just waiting for large groups of people to attack them so they can show off their military artillery and how well they've ALL been trained for combat.

You seem to think you have THE correct knowledge and continue to shoot down others' opinions on your own set of rules.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
jw2

Quote:
Well if gun shots start going off they are going to have to deal with at least all the men in the town. That's my assumption. There are several comments in this thread that Rick and co. are vastly superior in terms of skill. We don't know that. All of these people have been going through this for a year. We know they have more weapons and more people. I would estimate what... 100 people there? I just hope they finish this season off well. To be honest the ending scene at the farm last year was beyond far fetched.

Gun shots go off on a regular basis when approaching walkers are shot during the night. Gov has already established that there is a strict curfew after dark. Why would this scenario be any different?

I believe the Governor already said they had ~77 people, prior to the recent deaths their city faced.

(PS I love when people look at a story line in this show and say its too far fetched. YA THINK?)

Old
11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Gun shots go off on a regular basis when approaching walkers are shot during the night. Gov has already established that there is a strict curfew after dark. Why would this scenario be any different?

I believe the Governor already said they had ~77 people, prior to the recent deaths their city faced.

(PS I love when people look at a story line in this show and say its too far fetched. YA THINK?)
Can you read, I said the season 2 finale at the barn. You really think if a gun battle with automatic weapons were to ensue, everybody would sleep through it? LOL! That would be a fricken joke!

Old
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Quote:

I think I read that Woodbury has around 70 people. How many are incapable of using a weapon like the woman on the wall? Do you really think she would pose a legit threat to Rick's group? It comes down to you are assuming that the majority of Woodbury is trained and ready for a major conflict. While everything we have been shown so far shows that only a small portion of there community is. I do agree if Rick and his group went head on they would get picked off......I almost guarentee they don't do that though.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:29 AM
jw2

Quote:
Can you read, I said the season 2 finale at the barn. You really think if a gun battle with automatic weapons were to ensue, everybody would sleep through it? LOL! That would be a fricken joke!
Oh, so we have a "Can you read" guy participating. That explains it.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Could Rick's group use walkers to their advantage?? Have Michonne do her nasty thing again with the WALKER GOO all over her, get a group of walkers to follow her and attack while the guards are distracted by alll the walkers

Old
Eisen

Quote:

The Governor said that it was about 70 or so. Under 100. That includes the children we saw there I assume.

Old
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Oh, so we have a "Can you read" guy participating. That explains it.
Because you obviously can't. Not to mention your point about random gun shots going off was idiotic.

Old
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
I think I read that Woodbury has around 70 people. How many are incapable of using a weapon like the woman on the wall? Do you really think she would pose a legit threat to Rick's group? It comes down to you are assuming that the majority of Woodbury is trained and ready for a major conflict. While everything we have been shown so far shows that only a small portion of there community is. I do agree if Rick and his group went head on they would get picked off......I almost guarentee they don't do that though.
Gov also said "Everyone has their job.." and explained that people do different things. I dont think they are ALL wall/defense experts, not even all the males. And the 1 person we saw that wasnt the Gov or Merle really struggled.

Rick's group still needs to get their plan together, but everything would suggest that they are going to do anything but try a head on battle.

Closed Thread