HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360 Connected][WESTERN Super League**OLD THREAD**

Old
11-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Inside McKenzie

vCash: 500
ok can you guys commit to finishing by tomorrow at the latest, if not tonight?

then we can come up with the offseason schedule

Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:56 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
ok can you guys commit to finishing by tomorrow at the latest, if not tonight?

then we can come up with the offseason schedule
Definitely will be done tomorrow at the latest.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:06 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
PsychicSaw I'll be on this evening around 6pm MT. Hopefully we can get most of the games done. If it ends up looking like it might go to 7, I wouldn't mind playing 4 games tonight and the other 3 tomorrow. I tend to get frustrated/bored after 4-5 games in a row. Just how I am.
Alright, we'll do less than 7 :-D

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:30 PM
ThePsychicSaw

get off to a fast 2-0 lead in the series!!

Game 1
Battling through an abysmal connection in game 1, it was phoenix domination. Coincidentally the first to get on the board was Washington with a slot backhander by Filatov. Unhappy with not being rewarded with the early puck control and now being down a goal, Vermillion didn't like that too much; he took it upon himself to make sure Washington understands goals don't come for free. Filatov was obliterated the next shift. His playoffs are over. Soon there after, with momentum, OEL tied it up with a slot shot far side. From there on out the ice was heavily tilted, "lets make them know why we feared in the west boys!" clamored 'The Sickle' during intermission. the team kept up with the pressure. 3-1 Phoenix

Game 2

With a seemingly much better connection washington came out to a dominant start. They wanted to prove something for getting off the wrong foot in game one. Yet, Smith already standing tall. 2 odd man rushes and MS is shutting the door, foreshadowing much? with the start of the second we got back in the game. flurry of amazing chances but luongo was keeping his team in the game, although one did slipped by. From there on out it was tough pressure by our yotes and mike smith doing work on the other end. two great slot shots, blocker side!! come on smitty! "no problem". Is MS getting in Washingtons Head? Stanley Cup Final Shutout? you got it. 1-0 Phoenix

we look forward to the next game, ideally lagfree.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Mdmopa1

Can I take NJ? My gamer tag is zz68iou1zz

Mdmopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
Can I take NJ? My gamer tag is zz68iou1zz
yes,

although how is your connection with teams from the west coast? probably most of the guys in the other league we're in are in the west. also what time are you usually on? does it work with west coast people in the other league?

provided the above works out for you, send an application in game and ill accept it

Old
11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Mdmopa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
yes,

although how is your connection with teams from the west coast? probably most of the guys in the other league we're in are in the west. also what time are you usually on? does it work with west coast people in the other league?

provided the above works out for you, send an application in game and ill accept it
I usually am up to at least 1 EST, and stay up later sometimes. I never really had problems with connections with people in the other league. Time differences were never an issues in the other league, i usually am on every night from 10-1.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
I usually am up to at least 1 EST, and stay up later sometimes. I never really had problems with connections with people in the other league. Time differences were never an issues in the other league, i usually am on every night from 10-1.
ok great, please apply in game

Old
11-29-2012, 03:50 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post

get off to a fast 2-0 lead in the series!!

Game 1
Battling through an abysmal connection in game 1, it was phoenix domination. Coincidentally the first to get on the board was Washington with a slot backhander by Filatov. Unhappy with not being rewarded with the early puck control and now being down a goal, Vermillion didn't like that too much; he took it upon himself to make sure Washington understands goals don't come for free. Filatov was obliterated the next shift. His playoffs are over. Soon there after, with momentum, OEL tied it up with a slot shot far side. From there on out the ice was heavily tilted, "lets make them know why we feared in the west boys!" clamored 'The Sickle' during intermission. the team kept up with the pressure. 3-1 Phoenix

Game 2

With a seemingly much better connection washington came out to a dominant start. They wanted to prove something for getting off the wrong foot in game one. Yet, Smith already standing tall. 2 odd man rushes and MS is shutting the door, foreshadowing much? with the start of the second we got back in the game. flurry of amazing chances but luongo was keeping his team in the game, although one did slipped by. From there on out it was tough pressure by our yotes and mike smith doing work on the other end. two great slot shots, blocker side!! come on smitty! "no problem". Is MS getting in Washingtons Head? Stanley Cup Final Shutout? you got it. 1-0 Phoenix

we look forward to the next game, ideally lagfree.
Man I wish those 2 game never happened. I was baked, tired and lagging. Regardless you were also lagging and of course Rule #76 - No excuses, play like a champion.

When you free to play today? Hopefully there's no lag this time ugh that's the worst.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Mdmopa1

Request sent

Old
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Request sent
accepted

Old
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Inside McKenzie

OFFSEASON SCHEDULE

(subject to change, but with at least a day's notice. AM sims will happen roughly between 8am and 10am.)

Thursday, November 29 (**COMPLETED**)
  • Cup Finals completed - congratulations to the Coyotes!
  • Schedule advanced to draft
  • OFF SEASON TRADING WINDOW - only window to make trades between the cup finals and July 1

Sunday, December 2 No schedule just FYI.
  • Last day to complete trades
  • Last day to complete draft priority list

Monday, December 3 COMPLETED
  • Trades processed
  • Draft Completed
  • First day to re-sign players (4 days and 4 chances to make offers)

Tuesday, December 4 *COMPLETED*
  • Second day to re-sign players

Wednesday, December 5[B] *COMPLETED*
  • Third day to re-sign players

Thursday, December 6 *COMPLETED*
  • Last chance to make offers and re-sign players (although you retain rights to RFAs you have given qualifying offers to)

Friday, December 7 *COMPLETED*
  • July 1. Unsigned players are released to free agency as unrestricted or restricted. Make offers to free agents.

Saturday, December 8 PM schedule advance - probably around 1-4pm PT, JUMBOCanuck will handle it
  • July 2. Make further offers. From here on out the offseason advances in 15 day blocks, with the schedule advanced every morning.

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 12-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old
11-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Can't wait to see how my players improve! And I'm probably going to steal your offseason template for all stars with different dates of course.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Inside McKenzie

I'm looking forward to the offseason too.

Activity check update:

So far, I have only heard from Anaheim, Minnesota, San Jose, and two commissioners, myself and the New York Rangers.

I realize some of you are active in the playoffs and posting but please do send me a quick msg even just "in" so I know you want to commit to another season, thanks.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
ThePsychicSaw

:stan ley:: stanley:

Too much celebrating to do a proper write-up. It was a long time coming, but for our first stanley, we felt it was deserving from the get-go. a 60 win season, going through THE BEST in order to win the cup. Captain Doan being healthy by the last game, just in time, to hoist it. Cinderella story at it's finest.

60 WINS
PRESIDENT'S TROPHY
STANLEY CUP
YOUR 2012-2013 PHOENIX COYOTES

time to celebrate boys

Old
11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Inside McKenzie

Congratulations Phoenix! And to Washington on a strong season as well.

Schedule advanced. You now have until Monday morning to make trades and finish preparing for the draft.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:03 AM
WhiteMandingo

Dont forget to bring a towel

Last edited by WhiteMandingo: 11-30-2012 at 03:03 AM.
WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:24 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
you found a league you don't rage quit out of
im paraphrasing, cuz you already edited your comment completely, like the cowering rat you are.

I've been lucky enough in this league to not consistently run into scum like you, which this game has a lot of. you are a cookie cutter exploitative donk. You bore me.

when you get some respect for your opponent, the game of hockey, and learn how to earn something in this game, only then will I happily play you.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:26 AM
ucicwgrl7303

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
im paraphrasing, cuz you already edited your comment completely, like the cowering rat you are.

I've been lucky enough in this league to not consistently run into scum like you, which this game has a lot of. you are a cookie cutter exploitative donk. You bore me.

when you get some respect for your opponent, the game of hockey, and learn how to earn something in this game, only then will I happily play you.
In the 6 games I played the saw, there was nothing but good sportsmanship. He plays a realistic game style , not just run and gun arcade hockey scoring the same 3 ways every time. If you play like you have ever watched a real game , and try to use strategy and not exploit weaknesses in the AI he has no problem complimenting a win, and being a gracious loser, so you may want to post in other threads cuz from what I've seen he has respect in this league. Move on

ucicwgrl7303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
ucicwgrl7303

Also, not sure if I'll be able to message you on live today. But the blues are ready for next season. We are in

ucicwgrl7303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucicwgrl7303 View Post
Also, not sure if I'll be able to message you on live today. But the blues are ready for next season. We are in
thats ok thanks, posting here is fine too, you guys can include it in other posts you make on here even just a quick one liner.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:13 PM
wokeupinaz
Valley of the Sun!

Send a message via MSN to wokeupinaz
Kings looking forward to next season

wokeupinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:08 PM
nuge2hall

Islanders ready for next season

nuge2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:02 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

PsychicSaw does play a clean game. That was the only series in which a loss didn't result in me raging. This is because he doesn't score cheap goals. I was down 3-1 in the Stanley Cup Finals, the score was 1-0 and I took a penalty with about 3:30 to go in the 3rd. I ended up breaking through his D and scored 2 SHG's to win the game. Both goals were backhand forehand dekes, very similar goals. He let me have it. Now I don't think it was cheap because I was on the brink of elimination and HAD to find a way to beat this guy. Desperation hockey. It worked, it is a game, but I think we all know that frustration. I didn't know it was considered a glitch goal because lets face it I had to get through his D to put my self in a position to score those goals. Regardless, when a guy scores the same way over and over, it takes away from the fun of this game. If more ppl played like me and PsychicSaw, this game would be 10x more exciting.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:07 PM
jonyro84

Heard nothing but good things about psychic saw, which is why I was happy to have him join my league.

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote