HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread III (It's RGIII's Playground)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 03:45 PM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Watching todays game on RedZone I couldn't help but notice a couple teams running a lot of read/option with their young/mobile QB's. Seattle and SF in particular.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?

Old
11-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I've noticed other teams doing it as well.

On another note, what purpose does Brandon Banks serve?

11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Cush
-inator

Iggles suck

Old
11-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
On another note, what purpose does Brandon Banks serve?
Pitch man in the option sweep. That's all I got.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM
WetHog

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Sean Taylor's death. Seems like that went down only yesterday. I still shake my head when I think of a talented and potentially dominate player snuffed out so young. I then get angry when I think of the young daughter that will never know her Father or have him to walk her down the isle when she gets married.

RIP Sean.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:24 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel

11-27-2012, 03:19 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

That dude was just made from a different mold as compared to other players this day and age.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:53 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
That dude was just made from a different mold as compared to other players this day and age.
Agreed..some of those hits were like absurd and not necessarily ones that safeties typically make.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Millhaus

Yeah nobody could blow up a punter in the pro bowl like him...

Old
11-27-2012, 06:45 PM
DCRedhawk21

For anyone who was a Taylor fan:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8677693

He was my favorite player to watch play. I've never forget his blocked FG return against the Cowboys where he got face-masked and the Skins kicked a FG with no time left to win the game just seconds after it seemed like the Cowboys were lined up for a sure game winner. One of many memories of watching his all too short career.

RIP ST21

Old
11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Could have been the GOAT of safeties.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I love how Taylor could pick up a fumble at full speed. Every other loser can barely get it falling on top of it. Yep Redskins nation got screwed over on that robbery gone bad. While I recognize how he shut down everything as a FS, I liked seeing him up at the LOS because teams didnt and dont go deep often enough to get my ST fix week to week.

And... the Giants nabbed Torain. Maybe to pick his brain, maybe to keep him from us. Our backfield depth is razor thin, and that is counting our invisible 3rd down back and sole backup for much of the year, Royster. He is lucky to get 2 touches a game. Morris has no backup at all. Torain while he is injury prone, is a beast when he is healthy. I think RG3 could learn a few of his old runs, or Torain could learn a few of RG3s moves, if Morris needed a breather.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
noptov

Justin Babin released by the Eagles... He's not a great fit for the 3-4, but after 18 sacks last season, he could definitely be useful as a situational pass rusher.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Shame there isn't any better YT quality highlights. Obviously he had some big plays but I'm actually more impressed with those hits on running backs. Honestly haven't seen any safety since bring that pain. Sad man was such a gut punch. Was my favorite Redskins at the time. Also wonder the impact it would have on Landry keeping him at the SS instead of FS and we know how that went.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by noptov View Post
Justin Babin released by the Eagles... He's not a great fit for the 3-4, but after 18 sacks last season, he could definitely be useful as a situational pass rusher.
Locker room cancer. Not interested in that at this point.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I love how Taylor could pick up a fumble at full speed. Every other loser can barely get it falling on top of it. Yep Redskins nation got screwed over on that robbery gone bad. While I recognize how he shut down everything as a FS, I liked seeing him up at the LOS because teams didnt and dont go deep often enough to get my ST fix week to week.

And... the Giants nabbed Torain. Maybe to pick his brain, maybe to keep him from us. Our backfield depth is razor thin, and that is counting our invisible 3rd down back and sole backup for much of the year, Royster. He is lucky to get 2 touches a game. Morris has no backup at all. Torain while he is injury prone, is a beast when he is healthy. I think RG3 could learn a few of his old runs, or Torain could learn a few of RG3s moves, if Morris needed a breather.
Good point...this is the first time I really thought about that. No Helu hurts but Royster kinda sucks. Morris seems so durable so the thought never entered my mind.

I miss ST. He was like what Scott Stevens was to the Caps. Other teams FEARED him and were constantly aware of where he was. A total game changer.

I can't believe those idiot thugs still haven't gone to trial! The sooner the world is rid of them the better off it will be and his family (and Skins fans for that matter) can get closure knowing justice was served.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:20 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Good call, Rouse, Taylor was the closest thing we had to Scott Stevens. We lost them both. Almost every game Stevens had an open ice hit along the blue that would spring an odd man. No one on the caps dares to even try that. They brought the clean thunder and the opposition knew it.

Back to the Skins, I would swear I saw Morris got nicked up and looked at during the game before our bye. The Carolina game, and the paltry 13 attempts, was proof enough to me and that's when I started clamoring for help on extremeskins, and suggested Torain be considered.

I think its clear that Royster is not a good fit for our new RG3 based offense, is not as good as he appeared to be last year, or is battling nagging injuries. He seems a shell of his former self this year.

Mike's forte is finding backs off the street the can haul the ball. The latest of course is Morris. But it says a lot when WR's have collectively more carries than the backup running backs does. Mike clearly doesn't want Royster carrying the ball, even awkwardly running Banks wide in goal to go instead.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 11-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old
11-28-2012, 10:34 AM
BobRouse

Torrain would have been a wise pick up. Royster can't even block in pass protection..the guy is useless this year.

Is Hightower available? Is he hurt? I'd bring him back if possible.

Morris did suffer a shoulder stinger in that game it seemed and didn't have many touches afterwards.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Sean Taylor's death. Seems like that went down only yesterday. I still shake my head when I think of a talented and potentially dominate player snuffed out so young. I then get angry when I think of the young daughter that will never know her Father or have him to walk her down the isle when she gets married.

RIP Sean.

Having a daughter of my own now, I finally get this. Very sad.....

Old
11-28-2012, 12:33 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Torrain would have been a wise pick up. Royster can't even block in pass protection..the guy is useless this year.

Is Hightower available? Is he hurt? I'd bring him back if possible.

Morris did suffer a shoulder stinger in that game it seemed and didn't have many touches afterwards.
THT must still be ailing.

I just looked, in our lowest scoring games of the year, Pitt 12 and Carolina 13, Morris only had 13 carries in both those games.

13 is very few for a team so dependent on the run, to be able to pass.

I am now thinking Morris probably first got sore in that Pitt game.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/schedule.html

Old
11-28-2012, 05:14 PM
WetHog

According to Chris Russell the Skins did put in a waiver claim on Babin, but didn't get him as he went to Jacksonville.

The Skins also put in a claim on Bryan Kehl, who was one of the final roster cuts coming out of Skins training camp this year, and he will take the place of the recently IR'ed Keenan Robinson. Kehl probably should of made the Skins, but he is back now and he will be a special teams contributor and provided much needed depth at ILB with Fletcher hobbled with a bad ankle.

Roddrick Mukelroy was cut in response to the Kehl signing.

Is interesting to hear that the Skins did make a claim on Babin. He is a 4-3 DE who has said he is not interested in teams that run a 3-4. That, and I thought the Skins were tight against the cap and couldn't take on his 5+ mil contract, pro-rated or not. He does have some cool tattoo's on his arms. Oh well.

Last edited by WetHog: 11-28-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 05:36 PM
noptov

I'm pretty sure had they acquired Babin, he would have been used situationally to boost the pass rush in the absence of Orakpo. In the offseason, he would likely have been traded or cut. Moot point now.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Capitlols

Sucks for Babin, got claimed by the Jags.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:49 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Best Thanksgiving Ever

Old
11-29-2012, 12:17 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Best Thanksgiving Ever
F.u.l.l.y C.o.n.c.u.r

Watched it with my parents. Thankfully my dad is mellowing getting close to his 80s as he is inherently a doom & gloomer as a good athlete he would constantly dwell on stuff and naturally in the past it was pretty tough to watch a game with...that and me being a draftnik always looking forward it made for some funny exchanges. Love ya Dad.

Plus Robinson being my last name I that gif is fairly worthy .

Closed Thread