HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 183: Havent You Ever Seen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 01:41 AM
  #776
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Living in New Jersey where virtually every relative, friend, love interest, and mailman is a Devils fan, I'm used to it.
Hmmmm...

VaxjoDevil is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:46 AM
  #777
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,944
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Hmmmm...
Crazy, I know.

Next thing you'll know, we'll see Marlins fans in Flor-wait a minute.....

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:48 AM
  #778
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
These Rangers guys are cool. I think you should engage in some other threads about players and team. Would be interesting.

VaxjoDevil is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:50 AM
  #779
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
That's why we have each other
Haha yeah I guess we hug right about now huh?

I got a couple good buddies who love to watch, but they're striking during the lockout. They don't even really wanna talk about anything current.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:51 AM
  #780
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,944
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
These Rangers guys are cool. I think you should engage in some other threads about players and team. Would be interesting.
These Rangers guys are not cool. They are terrible people which is why they're perfect for HF.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:54 AM
  #781
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
I just got back from open hockey and I'm having chips and red wine. I just can't go to bed, this feeling is too good.

VaxjoDevil is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:05 AM
  #782
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
These Rangers guys are cool. I think you should engage in some other threads about players and team. Would be interesting.
They're very cool on their board too, but our whole rivalry is technically dead right now so whatever!

Besides the conversations will just turn into ''Our goaltender is better! Well your goaltender wears big pads blah blah blah blah!''

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:07 AM
  #783
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
They're very cool on their board too, but our whole rivalry is technically dead right now so whatever!

Besides the conversations will just turn into ''Our goaltender is better! Well your goaltender wears big pads blah blah blah blah!''
It's hard for me to imagine rivalry right now
I'm sure that will change but it's still difficult to imagine hating on people that are so darn pleasant I for one am a fan of Marty as a Rangers fan.

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:13 AM
  #784
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
It's hard for me to imagine rivalry right now
I'm sure that will change but it's still difficult to imagine hating on people that are so darn pleasant I for one am a fan of Marty as a Rangers fan.
That's good to hear, and I'm actually a fan of Lundqvist. I badly wanted to see the Devils get a wide open game against the Kings like game 3 against the Rangers to see if Quick could pull off something like Henrik did in that game.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:28 AM
  #785
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Living in New Jersey where virtually every relative, friend, love interest, and mailman is a Devils fan, I'm used to it.
Newman.......

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:41 AM
  #786
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,944
vCash: 50
Even the milkmen are Devils fans here.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:42 AM
  #787
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,380
vCash: 500
Jersey Guy, that is the best avatar I have ever seen haha. If that is RG's work, then bravo. ****ing awesome.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:44 AM
  #788
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
No, this is from the photoshop thread from like February lol. It's pure genius and has been my Twitter icon since then and now it will be my avi ^_^

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 06:29 AM
  #789
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Remember me when you win the lottery please. Just like the last massive jackpot, Id share and pay off your debts.
Well, unless you bought tickets in Arizona or Missouri, you didn't win. Hard luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Never worn NYR clothing in my life and plan on keeping it that way. I rather freeze and get sick than to wear a Ranger's shirt/sweatshirt. Just saying.
My ex used to mess with me like this. She has an uncle who's a Rangers fan, who gave her an old cap with the Statue of Liberty NYR crest on it. She would often try to put it on me when I wasn't paying attention and it would lead to playful wrestling matches.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:03 AM
  #790
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
didn't sleep well last night and brought a bottle of sparkling water with me to work this morning and promptly dropped it. thankfully it didn't explode.

today is shaping up to be a good day.

and i've never worn Ranger gear, but i have purchased it as a gift.


Edit: Never mind, check that. Just had to clean up a seltzer explosion. It waited till I was off guard and then got everywhere. Awesome.


Last edited by selyar: 11-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.
selyar is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
  #791
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I like Jim even though we don't agree on much. However I do enjoy your Jimitation! Is that so bad though? Just good natured ball busting!
oh i could do jimitations all day. i could also post as saugus, "pissed-off cowbell" and "Ravishing R G". im the master of typewritten imitations. fun fact, i can do celebrity impersonations too (vocal). my George Dubya would make you **** your pants

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:34 AM
  #792
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
didn't sleep well last night and brought a bottle of sparkling water with me to work this morning and promptly dropped it. thankfully it didn't explode.

today is shaping up to be a good day.

and i've never worn Ranger gear, but i have purchased it as a gift.


Edit: Never mind, check that. Just had to clean up a seltzer explosion. It waited till I was off guard and then got everywhere. Awesome.
swear to god, as i was reading down, i was like 'quick, martyowns! reply! that ****'s gonna asplode!!' then i saw your edit. lol...that sucks. i had a similar thing happen while setting up my first sodastream, which is a lot less sexual than it sounds

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:09 AM
  #793
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
oh i could do jimitations all day. i could also post as saugus, "pissed-off cowbell" and "Ravishing R G". im the master of typewritten imitations. fun fact, i can do celebrity impersonations too (vocal). my George Dubya would make you **** your pants
I hereby insist you do this. All day today.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:15 AM
  #794
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 48,960
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
didn't sleep well last night and brought a bottle of sparkling water with me to work this morning and promptly dropped it. thankfully it didn't explode.

today is shaping up to be a good day.

and i've never worn Ranger gear, but i have purchased it as a gift.


Edit: Never mind, check that. Just had to clean up a seltzer explosion. It waited till I was off guard and then got everywhere. Awesome.
rough day? Need me to ship those cupcakes back to you?

I like the pumpkin ones. Wife can have the chocolate. I had to laugh because I told her "look what we got" and she said "Oh cool - I was thinking about making cookies in a jar for everyone at Christmas. How long do we bake them?" I stood there speechless for a second trying to process A)how the hell do you make cookies in a jar and B)what makes her think these need to be cooked yet. Finally I just said, these are already made, just inside a jar. "Ohhhhhh, I thought they were just the ingredients to make them like a kit."



I explained who and why and she did the "awww that's so nice." So there you go.

__________________

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
  #795
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
rough day? Need me to ship those cupcakes back to you?

I like the pumpkin ones. Wife can have the chocolate. I had to laugh because I told her "look what we got" and she said "Oh cool - I was thinking about making cookies in a jar for everyone at Christmas. How long do we bake them?" I stood there speechless for a second trying to process A)how the hell do you make cookies in a jar and B)what makes her think these need to be cooked yet. Finally I just said, these are already made, just inside a jar. "Ohhhhhh, I thought they were just the ingredients to make them like a kit."



I explained who and why and she did the "awww that's so nice." So there you go.
I've seen pies in a jar... but never a cookie. Although I have seen cookie ingredients in a jar as a gift.

But seriously?

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:21 AM
  #796
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I hereby insist you do this. All day today.
I can't say I will do it for the entire day. That would be difficult, as each day is 24 hours. However, I agree it would be interesting to do so.

edit- no harm intended. if someone can do a few martyowns posts once in a while, i would find that hilarious

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:22 AM
  #797
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,030
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
rough day? Need me to ship those cupcakes back to you?

I like the pumpkin ones. Wife can have the chocolate. I had to laugh because I told her "look what we got" and she said "Oh cool - I was thinking about making cookies in a jar for everyone at Christmas. How long do we bake them?" I stood there speechless for a second trying to process A)how the hell do you make cookies in a jar and B)what makes her think these need to be cooked yet. Finally I just said, these are already made, just inside a jar. "Ohhhhhh, I thought they were just the ingredients to make them like a kit."



I explained who and why and she did the "awww that's so nice." So there you go.
This reminds me, I still need to send the spices out to you...life has gotten in the way!

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:27 AM
  #798
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
This reminds me, I still need to send the spices out to you...life has gotten in the way!
quickly- job, good? all is well?

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:28 AM
  #799
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,030
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
quickly- job, good? all is well?
Job is great, everything is good! Been super busy with everything.

How's your "mystery" job? Did everything get finalized?

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:31 AM
  #800
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I can't say I will do it for the entire day. That would be difficult, as each day is 24 hours. However, I agree it would be interesting to do so.

edit- no harm intended. if someone can do a few martyowns posts once in a while, i would find that hilarious
This could get really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Job is great, everything is good! Been super busy with everything.

How's your "mystery" job? Did everything get finalized?
No. And now he can't/won't even tell us what it was.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.