HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL in 5 years?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 06:08 AM
  #51
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Another important point, you need to negotiate with KHL management for a few years to be able to get spot in KHL. Even Slovan was in talks with KHL for 2 or so years.
suuure Medvedev couldnt resist and announced in advance that Slovan applies to join KHL "already in March 2012" as he couldnt wait

Slovan was in talks 2 years or so because it was Slovan that was choosing between Czech Eytraliga and KHL, but it was resolved alone after the refusal of Czech clubs. SLovan sent application into KHL in March and was officially accepted in June, thats 3 months.

It´s funny how you make it sound like Slovan begged KHL to be accepted and Slovakia is not interesting country for KHL and all that nonsence. Because everytime I heard KHL´s chief talk about Slovan in KHL it sounded like he would give up his kidney to make it happen.


Good try though.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 06:13 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:23 AM
  #52
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Again, it's impossible to generalize. I'm sure some Slovak rural districts look a lot worse than, say, Kiev. Ultimately, all those labels are unimportant, but quite a few Slovaks find the label of "Eastern Europe" for Slovakia offensive, and they only accept "Central Europe". This objection makes sense, seeing as Vienna is a 40-minute ride away from the Slovak capital of Bratislava, and no one in their right mind would call Austria "Eastern Europe" or Mozart an "Eastern European composer". Labeling Slovakia, Slovenia or Czech Republic as "Eastern Europe" is mostly a vestige of prejudices from the Cold War era when all those countries were behind the Iron Curtain. Yes, we're all "ex-Eastern Block" and we're different from Austria or Germany, but that does not necessarily make us "Eastern European". If in doubt or if you're trying to be polite, just say "Central European" instead.

rural Eastern Slovakia with poor Roma ghettos is nothing I would brag about, to be honest

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
  #53
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
what a load of nosence.

KHL had to feel like winning lotto when getting first non-soviet team from hockey-relevant country and with decent history. Because till then, all you got was artificial projects like LEV, applications from non-hockey areas (Milano) and a lot of howlers and refusals from hockey relevant countries. Slovan help KHL to look better, while KHL help Slovan to play a real league, it´s win-win for both sides. Marginalising Slovan to "another poor KHL club" is too dumb even for your standards. Get off your high horse.

Anyway, Slovan is hardly a poor team. New arena, every game sold out weeks in advance (bar Riga game, no idea why), hockey mad environment and tradition you guys can only dream about.



KHL sold Slovan rights to a TV that has a potential to approach max 5-10% of all audience due to poor coverage and in addition cant sell their games via official site to non-russian speakers. While selling the right to Sport2 was a brainfart, it could be blamed on idiocy of our TVs (as we discussed elsewhere). But the latter one is kinda difficult to explain when even NHL has Slovak version of their site. Calling it a "room for improvement" is quite understatement. Every seller on ebay with hunderds of bucks turnover is capable to offer payment via paypal account nowadays, but for KHL it seems to be a problem.



whats exactly is hmm on the fact that Slovan isnt willing to let their profit to ticket scalpers ? Because discussions/complaints/*****ing/whinning aside, ppl are obviously willing to pay increased price when every game is sell out.
Dont know if there is sense to answer, but lets do it.

Yes, Slovan has all you described, that is fine. On the other hand, Slovan is poor KHL club. Now. We are speaking about 10 mil(+/-) EURO budget. If you want to be competitive in KHL, you need at least 20 mil EURO. Yes, Slovan is 5th in conference now, that is great. But look at their PR department, media communication, website etc - it is not KHL level. And yes, KHL does not need such clubs anymore, clubs where is no potential. Therefore no Kosice, Trencin etc. I can not see more slovak teams in KHL if the model of KHL is the same. On the other hand, I see a big potential of slovak clubs in MHL.

Quote:
tradition you guys can only dream about.
you are overrating tradition

Dont want to discuss TV right again. There is a reason why SportTV owns these rights, if you dont know why, use google or previous discussion at HfB. The same about "selling their games via official site " I give you a great bussiness idea - find out money, email to KHL and I am sure you get this job. Your company will profit from it You think it is such easy, something like contracts/law/cooperation etc say nothing to you. Great.

I hope you know why PayPal is not working for KHL website. Just to note, blame PayPal, not KHL.

No, the bold part means that fans have problem to pay 30 EURO for ticket via internet auction organised by club.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:38 AM
  #54
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
suuure Medvedev couldnt resist and announced in advance that Slovan applies to join KHL "already in March 2012" as he couldnt wait

Slovan was in talks 2 years or so because it was Slovan that was choosing between Czech Eytraliga and KHL, but it was resolved alone after the refusal of Czech clubs. SLovan sent application into KHL in March and was officially accepted in June, thats 3 months.

It´s funny how you make it sound like Slovan begged KHL to be accepted and Slovakia is not interesting country for KHL and all that nonsence. Because everytime I heard KHL´s chief talk about Slovan in KHL it sounded like he would give up his kidney to make it happen.


Good try though.
To start with bold part - I said KHL does not want MORE slovak teams, I dont speak about KHL does not want Slovan. That is a big different.

To choosing Czech league and KHL - yep, media propaganda works, great to know it.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
  #55
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Yes, Slovan has all you described, that is fine. On the other hand, Slovan is poor KHL club. Now. We are speaking about 10 mil(+/-) EURO budget. If you want to be competitive in KHL, you need at least 20 mil EURO. Yes, Slovan is 5th in conference now, that is great. But look at their PR department, media communication, website etc - it is not KHL level. And yes, KHL does not need such clubs anymore, clubs where is no potential. Therefore no Kosice, Trencin etc. I can not see more slovak teams in KHL if the model of KHL is the same. On the other hand, I see a big potential of slovak clubs in MHL.

allrite, thats why KHL accepted LEV Poprad, club with no money, still owing salaries to their former player, and is going to accept Milano or Zagreb, that will never make 10m budget without russian money

Slovan having no potential is the funniest part - Slovan estimated gate income to be 10% of their revenues, so far it looks gate revenue alone has potential to reach 30-40%. Your logics is flawed.

More money is no key to success, we could see it on example of pre-cap era Rangers. Donetsk with 20m/year isnt exactly tearing KHL apart either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Dont know if there is sense to answer, but lets do it.
frankly ? it was waste of time, yours and mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
you are overrating tradition
this is popular opinion from areas with no tradition. Slovan fans outnumbered Lev fans in their own arena because of tradition. If would never happened if the Prague would be represented by some real club like Sparta or Slavia with tradition and fans and some pride in their club.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Dont want to discuss TV right again. There is a reason why SportTV owns these rights, if you dont know why, use google or previous discussion at HfB. The same about "selling their games via official site " I give you a great bussiness idea - find out money, email to KHL and I am sure you get this job. Your company will profit from it You think it is such easy, something like contracts/law/cooperation etc say nothing to you. Great.


I already run my own business, and cant say I´m starving. So no, thanks.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:02 AM
  #56
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
To start with bold part - I said KHL does not want MORE slovak teams, I dont speak about KHL does not want Slovan. That is a big different.
Medvedev thinks otherwise it seems:
http://sport.sme.sk/c/6536979/sef-kh...-slovanom.html

"Ich (Kosice) funkcionári by sa mohli inšpirovať príkladom Slovana. Bolo by zaujímavé mať v súťaži slovenské derby. Uvidíme, čo prinesie budúcnosť," povedal Alexander Medvedev.

"Kosice officials should get inspired by example of Slovan. Would be interesting to have Slovak derby in competition (KHL). We will see what the future brings" told AM

Could you explain his words, when you already are self-named KHL spokesman on this site ? Because I see it as encouragment of Kosice ambitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
To choosing Czech league and KHL - yep, media propaganda works, great to know it.
do you want to indicate that we all are branwashed sheeps while you are true insider


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:07 AM
  #57
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
allrite, thats why KHL accepted LEV Poprad, club with no money, still owing salaries to their former player, and is going to accept Milano or Zagreb, that will never make 10m budget without russian money
Seems you dont understand history of Poprad´s club. Milan and Zagreb have bigger potential for KHL than Poprad, Kosice, Trencin or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
Slovan having no potential is the funniest part - Slovan estimated gate income to be 10% of their revenues, so far it looks gate revenue alone has potential to reach 30-40%. Your logics is flawed.
never said it. Try to read again

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:10 AM
  #58
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
Medvedev thinks otherwise it seems:
http://sport.sme.sk/c/6536979/sef-kh...-slovanom.html

"Ich (Kosice) funkcionári by sa mohli inšpirovať príkladom Slovana. Bolo by zaujímavé mať v súťaži slovenské derby. Uvidíme, čo prinesie budúcnosť," povedal Alexander Medvedev.

"Kosice officials should get inspired by example of Slovan. Would be interesting to have Slovak derby in competition (KHL). We will see what the future brings" told AM

Could you explain his words, when you already are self-named KHL speaker on this site ? Because I see it as encouragment of Kosice ambitions.
yes, I can, it is called "Medvedev speaking to media". I have an experiance with him, a lot of experiance. So I can tell what is reality and what is PR stuff.

You will not see more slovak teams in KHL in near future, if KHL´s model is the same as today.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:18 AM
  #59
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
yes, I can, it is called "Medvedev speaking to media". I have an experiance with him, a lot of experiance. So I can tell what is reality and what is PR stuff.

You will not see more slovak teams in KHL in near future, if KHL´s model is the same as today.
Did you just say that Medvedev talks his ass off and you need russian-to-russian translator to explain true sence of his words ?

If Medvedev doesnt want Kosice in KHL whats the point in encouraging them to join and recommending them "to get inspired by Slovan" ?

Especially in a situation when he could just stay silent or used "no comment" or just say that further enlargement in this area isnt planned. You know, people are usually talking when they want to tell something.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 07:24 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:26 AM
  #60
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
kajoo
try to sum up all his statements since 2007-08 year and you will find out why, when and what he has been saying.

Kosice will not play KHL in next 2 seasons, I am sure. If they have chance later, it is no sure. All depends on developing situation. I am sure, Kosice is not a goal of KHL NOW.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:39 AM
  #61
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Seems you dont understand history of Poprad´s club. Milan and Zagreb have bigger potential for KHL than Poprad, Kosice, Trencin or so.
agree with Poprad/Trencin, but you are wrong about Kosice. They have better arena than 50% of current KHL clubs, and potential to sell it day in and day out.

Zagreb´s potential is imo limited by far more popular football club Dinamo that´s eating huge part of sponsorship cake (their annual budget is estimateed to 20m) they also receive huge support of municipality, which is imo leaving less room for Medvescak. Spoke to Medvescak fans who said that no way in hell can Medvescak inflate their budget to 10m annualy without russian money.

Milan has potential to make good living for everyone (lesbian volleyball team, contest in farting, really everyone), thing is, are you sure that Rossoblu will be capable to make the best of Milan´s potential ? So far it looks like noone in Milano cares about hockey, when they cant sell out 4000 arena. OK, maybe hordes of fans are only waiting on KHL to sell out their arena, but so far Rossoblu´s average att. is less than 2000.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
never said it. Try to read again
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Yes, Slovan is 5th in conference now, that is great. But look at their PR department, media communication, website etc - it is not KHL level. And yes, KHL does not need such clubs anymore, clubs where is no potential. Therefore no Kosice, Trencin etc.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 08:00 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:47 AM
  #62
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
kajoo
try to sum up all his statements since 2007-08 year and you will find out why, when and what he has been saying.

Kosice will not play KHL in next 2 seasons, I am sure. If they have chance later, it is no sure. All depends on developing situation. I am sure, Kosice is not a goal of KHL NOW.
this thread is about KHL in 5 years, so I cant really argue with you now about what happens in 2 years.

I´m pretty sure Kosice would only benefit from KHL and other way around. Budget f.e. - even in Extraliga, they had average budget around 3,5 - 4m. If they could make additional 2m from gate income, they wouldnt be that far away from achieving 10m/y. And I´m pretty sure Kosice fanbase is strong enough to bear higher costs for tickets, after all, the 2nd highest average wages in Slovakia are in Kosice, right after Bratislava. If you want to see what a Slovak team can offer with just 10m budget, feel free to compare Slovan and Donbass with their 20m budget.

Rumoured sale of USS steel factory in Kosice to Rinat Akhmetov could speed up (or slow down) whole process. USS were already huge contributor. You cant deny that Akhmetov has potential to take it to whole new level, if he turns his head from soccer to hockey.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 07:58 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
  #63
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
I could agree that Kosice joins KHL if the following thing happen:

1. Akhmetov buys USS (still if) and
2. All HC Kosice management is fired and
3. Something gets wrong in Italy, Germany, Croatia etc

Btw Akhmetov´s friend, Kolesnikov, has his own hockey club, it is called Donbass Donetsk. Why the hell does not Akhmetov invest into Donbass? To club from his city? Ahh, he wants to invest into HC Kosice, a club which he does not care about.

Lets look at plan. +Tyumen, Togliaty, Sochi, 3-4 german clubs, Zagreb, Helvetics ... it is 8 club + current 26. And you want Kosice and other slovak clubs? really? This not going to happen if everything is ok (not like AIK in past).

Cooperation among ET and KHL can change something, to help slovak clubs, but now I dont know how to predict it.

How many NHL clubs does Quebeck have? Such a great marker (greater than Slovakia), ideal for 3-5 NHL teams according to your logic.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:46 AM
  #64
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
not sure Toliati will be back....they are not doing well in the VHL, relegated to MHL-b and it doesn't look like all of a sudden they will be a factor.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:21 PM
  #65
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
what a load of nosence.

KHL had to feel like winning lotto when getting first non-soviet team from hockey-relevant country and with decent history. Because till then, all you got was artificial projects like LEV, applications from non-hockey areas (Milano) and a lot of howlers and refusals from hockey relevant countries. Slovan help KHL to look better, while KHL help Slovan to play a real league, it´s win-win for both sides. Marginalising Slovan to "another poor KHL club" is too dumb even for your standards. Get off your high horse.

Anyway, Slovan is hardly a poor team. New arena, every game sold out weeks in advance (bar Riga game, no idea why), hockey mad environment and tradition you guys can only dream about.
Why do you think Slovan makes the KHL look better? I mean, I'm sure it made it more interesting for you guys in Slovakia, but I have a feeling everyone else is more or less indifferent. Personally, I think it's cool the team joined the league, but I'd be equally satisfied with having just Russian teams, plus both foreign Dinamos and Astana battling it out. So if you were saying it makes the KHL look better in Slovakia, then I agree, but if you were talking in general, I don't see it.


Last edited by Ryker: 11-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
  #66
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Why do you think Slovan make the KHL look better? I mean, I'm sure it made it more interesting for you guys in Slovakia, but I have a feeling everyone else is more or less indifferent. Personally, I think it's cool the team joined the league, but I'd be equally satisfied with having just Russian teams, plus both foreign Dinamos and Astana battling it out. So if you were saying it makes the KHL look better in Slovakia, then I agree, but if you were talking in general, I don't see it.
Lev project aside (seen as russian troyan horse in our latitudes) Slovan is first real club from hockey-relevant country from outside the ex-USSR that joined. Slovan setting an positive example that life in KHL might be good. KHL raising it´s profile from ex-USSR + artificial Lev competition to something more, ex-EE, as an important step in turning into truly an all-european competition. Teams still hesitating could be inspired by Slovan - KHL love story. Etc.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:52 PM
  #67
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
But that's undeniable, Ryker. Even Russian media recognize it's a milestone. Last year's milestone was that with Lev Poprad, a club based on the territory of outside former Soviet Union joined the KHL for the first time. This year's milestone is that the first traditional hockey club from outside the former Soviet Union is playing in the KHL. That's Slovan, because both Lev Poprad and Lev Prague are artificial creations.

If you think Russia and Russians are popular in Slovakia, think again. They are not. For most Slovaks, they are associated with 41 years of Communist oppression and the 1968 military invasion. If, despite all this, Slovan decided to join the KHL and the KHL became a huge hit with the hockey public, this is an important achievement for the KHL. It proves that love of hockey can overcome political prejudice whose origin is in our troubled past.

Some Finnish posters on this board said repeatedly that a Finnish club will never join the KHL because Russians are very unpopular in Finland. Well, they're also unpopular in Slovakia, but here we have Slovan playing in the KHL. It's hard evidence that hockey can overcome barriers of national prejudice. That's why having Slovan play in the KHL definitely "makes the KHL look good" to the outside world.

As to comparing Quebec to Slovakia, of course it's an outrage Quebec only has 1 NHL team today. How many NHL teams does Quebec deserve? I don't know, because I'm not familiar with Quebec. Is Quebec perceived more as a unit, or are there traditional internal rivalries within Quebec, just as there have always been traditional internal rivalries among Western, Central and Eastern Slovakia? It's because of those 3 distinct Slovak regions that I believe it would be appropriate for Slovakia to have 3 KHL teams. Are there similar internal divisions within Quebec? A Canadian poster on this board might tell us that.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:43 PM
  #68
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I could agree that Kosice joins KHL if the following thing happen:

1. Akhmetov buys USS (still if) and
2. All HC Kosice management is fired and
3. Something gets wrong in Italy, Germany, Croatia etc

Btw Akhmetov´s friend, Kolesnikov, has his own hockey club, it is called Donbass Donetsk. Why the hell does not Akhmetov invest into Donbass? To club from his city? Ahh, he wants to invest into HC Kosice, a club which he does not care about
1) big IF, agreed
2) who brings money will install own managment, simple
3) unpredictable

I know about financial background of Donbass and Kolesnikov. Akhmetov is passionate about sports and he might find it temtping to invest into hockey club. Sooner or later, Slovak authorities might even encourage him with tax allowance etc. Such an indirect gvt support aint exactly unknown concept in KHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Lets look at plan. +Tyumen, Togliaty, Sochi, 3-4 german clubs, Zagreb, Helvetics ... it is 8 club + current 26. And you want Kosice and other slovak clubs? really? This not going to happen if everything is ok (not like AIK in past).
I never mentioned other Slovak clubs, just Kosice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
How many NHL clubs does Quebeck have? Such a great marker (greater than Slovakia), ideal for 3-5 NHL teams according to your logic.
never mentioned 3-5 teams. 2 is enough for me.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:52 PM
  #69
tohaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
I'd move a few clubs around perhaps something like
one of Atlant/Spartak/Vityaz to Tyumen, Sochi, Vladivostok (or whatever more suitable market, because Moscow cannot accommodate 5 teams reasonably)
add 2 teams from Slovakia
1 team from Germany (or Switzerland, but that's not very likely IMO)
1 team from Zagreb - they seem to sell out a 15k arena. Get them some lower tier NHLers/guys who are talented, but don't have the size kind of thing and they'll be competitive

tohaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
  #70
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Vityaz is already rumoured to be relocated to Sochi next season. Lets wait.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:16 PM
  #71
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
If you think Russia and Russians are popular in Slovakia, think again. They are not. For most Slovaks, they are associated with 41 years of Communist oppression and the 1968 military invasion. If, despite all this, Slovan decided to join the KHL and the KHL became a huge hit with the hockey public, this is an important achievement for the KHL. It proves that love of hockey can overcome political prejudice whose origin is in our troubled past.
there is a lot of russophiles in Slovakia, but also a lot of ppl who think that certain level of cautionessness should be maintained when dealing with Russia. F.e. political opposition blamed Fico gvt for not doing anything against USS´s steel mill in Kosice getting into ex-soviet hands. Russians businesses are often seen as unreliable in our latitudes.

simple folks perhaps understood that russian folks is hard to blame for crimes of communism, as they were victims of the same regime. we encountered only light version of opression people in ussr dealt with, so playing the victim card aint exactly accurate, we were on the same boat.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:31 PM
  #72
tohaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Vityaz is already rumoured to be relocated to Sochi next season. Lets wait.
all three of them should be moved
Their combined attendance is less than SKA/Minsk/Riga/Slovan
leave only Dinamo & CSKA in Moscow

tohaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
  #73
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
I'm pretty certain we'll have a 12000 minimum arena capacity rule by then. And all games will be in HD of course.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
  #74
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
I'm pretty certain we'll have a 12000 minimum arena capacity rule by then. And all games will be in HD of course.
Yes this is good prediction. BTW is Traktor getting HD before the allstar game (I presume)?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:53 PM
  #75
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Yes this is good prediction. BTW is Traktor getting HD before the allstar game (I presume)?
no, Traktor gets HD next season as I know

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.