HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo wanting to join Habs next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 07:37 PM
  #26
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,916
vCash: 591
I think there's space for him on the roster (3rd line LW) if Gally doesn't make it or if we get rid of Bourque or one of our centers and let Gally in.

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque/Gally - Pleks - Gionta
Kristo - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Noke - Prust

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:30 PM
  #27
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,694
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I really hope the Habs make him an offer and we can see what he can at the pro level. I see him in Hamilton at the end of the current university season.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:36 PM
  #28
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I really hope the Habs make him an offer and we can see what he can at the pro level. I see him in Hamilton at the end of the current university season.
Of course the Habs will make an offer...

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:28 AM
  #29
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
An often overlooked yet solid prospect. He could become a good top9 player for us.

Doubt he'll be in the NHL next season but failing that he's going to be an important member of the Bulldogs.
I think he can make the jump straight, his only downgrade is the fact the he needs to get stronger, but in any other aspect of his game he's NHL ready.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:45 AM
  #30
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,694
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Of course the Habs will make an offer...
Ya never know with guys that have been in college for 4 years. While not exactly the same, look at David Fischer.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:04 AM
  #31
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Ya never know with guys that have been in college for 4 years. While not exactly the same, look at David Fischer.
Kristo will be a Hobey Baker nominee at the end of the year.. Not the same at all.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:11 AM
  #32
stubbadub
Registered User
 
stubbadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Next Brett Hull. Ginger Danny. Ginja The Ninja!

stubbadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:41 AM
  #33
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Ya never know with guys that have been in college for 4 years. While not exactly the same, look at David Fischer.
Fischer regressed from a solid Junior to a poor Senior year whereas Kristo is currently playing some of his best hockey to date imo. Granted we never know what management thinks, as his off ice problems may raise a red flag but I don't see how the Habs don't sign him since he's easily among the most skilled prospects we have in the system.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:56 AM
  #34
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
I think there's space for him on the roster (3rd line LW) if Gally doesn't make it or if we get rid of Bourque or one of our centers and let Gally in.

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque/Gally - Pleks - Gionta
Kristo - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Noke - Prust
Kristo can only play RW, same for Leblanc, so its going to be tough to crack the lineup.

habs03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
  #35
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Right now, do you think that Kristo is better than Gallagher, Leblanc or Bournival ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
  #36
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Kristo can only play RW, same for Leblanc, so its going to be tough to crack the lineup.
Montreal could confirm but I believe Kristo can play both wings with ease, he loves to be on his off-wing to have the inside shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Right now, do you think that Kristo is better than Gallagher, Leblanc or Bournival ?
He has more talent than all 3 and has better skating than Gallagher, so I would say yes. Don't forget he's older than those three too.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
  #37
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Right now, do you think that Kristo is better than Gallagher, Leblanc or Bournival ?
At the same age, Kristo produced more than them at the WJC-20. That should be an indication.

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:37 AM
  #38
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Montreal could confirm but I believe Kristo can play both wings with ease, he loves to be on his off-wing to have the inside shot.



He has more talent than all 3 and has better skating than Gallagher, so I would say yes. Don't forget he's older than those three too.
Some more details would be great, because I'm not too in touch with college prospects, but it is very rare to have a right hand shot that plays LW in the NHL, its really tough tough in the d-zone. Only reason you see left hand shot players play RW is because of the lack of natural RW.

habs03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:48 PM
  #39
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,694
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Fischer regressed from a solid Junior to a poor Senior year whereas Kristo is currently playing some of his best hockey to date imo. Granted we never know what management thinks, as his off ice problems may raise a red flag but I don't see how the Habs don't sign him since he's easily among the most skilled prospects we have in the system.
Only part I was thinking could cause a problem.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:23 PM
  #40
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
I think there's space for him on the roster (3rd line LW) if Gally doesn't make it or if we get rid of Bourque or one of our centers and let Gally in.

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque/Gally - Pleks - Gionta
Kristo - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Noke - Prust
I remember the year we signed Janne Lahti after a pretty good year in the SM-liiga, people were putting him in our starting lineup, some even going as far as placing him with Koivu, since both were Finns...

Wait til he shows what he can do with NHL players, please...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:54 PM
  #41
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Kristo can only play RW, same for Leblanc, so its going to be tough to crack the lineup.
He has played some LW this year, but I don't know if he would see time there at the pro level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Right now, do you think that Kristo is better than Gallagher, Leblanc or Bournival ?
It depends on how much you value skill vs hard work and heart. All of Gallagher, Leblanc and Bournival are hard working players at both ends of the ice whereas Kristo is a lot more inconsistent with his efforts. But Kristo does have a high skill level, for me it's very close between Leblanc, Gallagher and Kristo as I think they all have high end offensive skills (although there are still major questions if any will be able to translate said skills at the NHL level), but I continue to have Leblanc and Gallagher higher due to their more complete game and heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Montreal could confirm but I believe Kristo can play both wings with ease, he loves to be on his off-wing to have the inside shot.
He has played RW the majority of the time, only a handful of games did he play LW so not sure if he would see time there in the future, although he didn't have any problems at LW so if he had to I think he could do so and be fine. I would think the team would keep him at RW but I guess we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Only part I was thinking could cause a problem.
It's possible but not something I would expect as he's one of the top forwards in the NCAA again, so it would have to be really bad to walk away from a speedy skilled winger like that.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
  #42
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Some more details would be great, because I'm not too in touch with college prospects, but it is very rare to have a right hand shot that plays LW in the NHL, its really tough tough in the d-zone. Only reason you see left hand shot players play RW is because of the lack of natural RW.
Well, there are other factors. Considering that 65% of hockey players and prospects are left-handed, there is more left-handed players than right-handed. Therefore, it is more likely for a left-winger to be left handed than not.

Although it does make it harder to play in the defensive zone on the other wing because of necessity of using your backhand or facing towards the net; for an NHLer, these issues can be addressed rather easily at that skill level.

The biggest reason why many right handed players play left wing is because when coming down on a rush on the left side shooting right the angle of the net is almost twice as good. You have the angle to shoot at either side of the net almost perfectly, whereas for a left-handed player, the angle is horrible for the far side of the net.

If your biggest aspect of your game is your shot (ie, like Kristo), then playing off-wing might be more desirable. Look at some of the best shooters in the game (such as Ovy, Kovy, Gaborik) and you will notice that they play on their off-wing.


Last edited by guest1467: 11-29-2012 at 04:38 PM.
guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
  #43
CL SMOOTH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
He won't make it

CL SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
  #44
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Considering that 65% of hockey players and prospects are left-handed
Really? 7% of the population produces 65% of the talent?

Incredible !

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
  #45
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Really? 7% of the population produces 65% of the talent?

Incredible !
It is one of those weird statistical discrepancies.

People have argued that the fact that players need to learn how to learn to play with one hand has caused North Americans to switch their dominant hand for strength purposes.

Not sure if I agree with that analysis though.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
  #46
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Really? 7% of the population produces 65% of the talent?

Incredible !
I get your point. But your argument is poor. There's a lot of people, like me, who are right-handed for most things (writing, throwing and catching a baseball) but are left-handed when it comes to playing hockey, golf or eve hitting a baseball.

I don't know about 65% but I do think that there is more LH than RH players in the NHL.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:57 PM
  #47
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I get your point. But your argument is poor. There's a lot of people, like me, who are right-handed for most things (writing, throwing and catching a baseball) but are left-handed when it comes to playing hockey, golf or eve hitting a baseball.

I don't know about 65% but I do think that there is more LH than RH players in the NHL.
My argument is not "poor", I did not make an argument. I'm just saying I'm surprised the two numbers are so different.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
  #48
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
and what I'm telling you is that the two numbers a irrelevant, not related at all.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:41 AM
  #49
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
I think there's space for him on the roster (3rd line LW) if Gally doesn't make it or if we get rid of Bourque or one of our centers and let Gally in.

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque/Gally - Pleks - Gionta
Kristo - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Noke - Prust
Don't forget White, Armstrong and...Gomez!!
(And of course...don't forget Galchenyuk!!).



Bourque - DD - Cole
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust/Armstrong - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - White - Armstrong/Prust
----------------- ------------------------- ------------
Gomez (not sure where he goes?)
Gallagher
Galchenyuk (with Pleks? Eller? DD? DD as winger?).
Kristo
Nokia


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-03-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
  #50
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,061
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
and what I'm telling you is that the two numbers a irrelevant, not related at all.
Like you said they are not related. Growing up I only played hockey with friends on the street and used a right handed stick because I prefered the feeling of having my stronger hand lower down on the stick. A lot of my friends who played organized hockey said they liked having their strong hand at the top of the stick for poke checking and such.

I don't believe that shooting Left makes you Lefthanded.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.