HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

What trade would you like to see made?

Old
11-28-2012, 02:08 PM
b in vancouver

vCash: 500
Don't know if it would make the Bruins better either and don't want Boston to break up their core at all - More just idle chat as I've been trying not to think too much about hockey lately.

I actually like Boychuk a lot. Just wish he would shoot more because he has a better quicker on net release then any of the other d-men.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
WhiteMandingo

I usually just keep the bruins how they are in nhl 13. Try to get rid of Rolston Savard and Thomas's contracts because when you resign players they usually want a big raise. Horton asked me for 6 million. I got lucic up to an 89 once and he asked me for 9 million. And ya give Hamilton lots if ice time.

WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:01 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Hey all, I'm a Hawks fan at heart but the Bruins won my affection ever since you embarrassed the Canucks in the SCF. I chose the Bruins in a GM connected league and I was wondering what Bruins fans would think a "realistic trade" would be.

I'm looking to make the Bruins better but maintain as much of the core as possible. Are there any players that are on the unofficial trade block on real life for the Bruins?

Thomas will most likely be moved, and I was thinking about moving Krecji for a top 6 winger.

I'm a fan of realism so id want any trades made in GM connected to address the real life needs of the bruins.
The Canucks embarrassed themselves.............just sayin

Don`t get me started on Krejci, fantasy league or otherwise

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:11 AM
rickizbruin

Not sure why all the hatred for Krejci ( did i spell it right? ) :-)
You cant compare his stats to Savard who is at the end of his career.
This kid is a solid 1st or second line centre... and would be on almost all of the NHL teams.
Not sure of the rush to trade him.

rickizbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
spokedB

Jacobs for Kraft. The Bruins would have to throw in something to make the Patriots happy - let's say the stars, the moon maybe the sun.

spokedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:17 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
The only way the Hawks would consider it (I think) is if it were

Seabrook

KreJCi, Boychuk

You guys can keep Caron but Seabrook has been our best Dman since we won the cup. His value to the Hawks is the exact same as Keith. Krecji would be awesome as a 2C for us but the Hawks dont have any other dmen that can eat up the minutes that Seabs does against top competition. Boychuk is a great top 4 dman, but he is not Seabrook.

If that deal were made i wouldn't be terribly upset, but i'm not sure it would ultimately make the Hawks better.
Bruins take that deal easily.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickizbruin View Post
Not sure why all the hatred for Krejci ( did i spell it right? ) :-)
You cant compare his stats to Savard who is at the end of his career.
This kid is a solid 1st or second line centre... and would be on almost all of the NHL teams.
Not sure of the rush to trade him.
It's one of the few positions of strength the team has and can afford to move to fill a need at another spot. You move DK for a scoring winger, slot Seguin in at C and you're off and running. It's not like other teams will give a scoring wing for Bergeron or Kelly, so DK is the logical choice in that type of scenario.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:44 PM
rickizbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
It's one of the few positions of strength the team has and can afford to move to fill a need at another spot. You move DK for a scoring winger, slot Seguin in at C and you're off and running. It's not like other teams will give a scoring wing for Bergeron or Kelly, so DK is the logical choice in that type of scenario.
its also one of the toughest positions to fill both from a defensive and faceoff perspective... can segs handle it ?? and .. if not.. no one will trade you a krej type of player.
i say..be thankful we are solid down the middle.. and i dont think we have seen how good krej can be down the line.. he is still young.

rickizbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:59 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickizbruin View Post
its also one of the toughest positions to fill both from a defensive and faceoff perspective... can segs handle it ?? and .. if not.. no one will trade you a krej type of player.
i say..be thankful we are solid down the middle.. and i dont think we have seen how good krej can be down the line.. he is still young.
Nobody is saying it's not a risk, but when you're talking about hypothetical proposals, Krejci is the logical person to bring up. It's that simple. Sorry if he's your binky but it's just the truth.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Bruins take that deal easily.
Yep, not sure how DK would be in a ba**s to the wall tempo the Hawks love to play, he'd have to lose the slow it down approach.

And Boychuk needs to shoot more and be more accurate when he does IMO.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
b in vancouver

Although I came up with it, I'm not of the trade Krejci mind-set. I think that he's on the verge of having a Henrik Sedin type of breakthrough. Not Art Ross level but I fully expect at least 4 seasons of 85 points.
I also think that if they really think Seguin would thrive at centre then it will be Kelly who is either traded or more likely moved to Bergeron's wing and they're used in a more shutdown type that can score and create line mismatches.

but...

I would love to see them add an elite right handed d-man to slot into the top four either beside Chara or Seidenberg and allow Hamilton to be brought along slowly. Then you wouldn't have to match as much, you could cut down Chara's minutes and not burn him out before the play-offs and possibly even extend his career a bit. Then if Hamilton realizes his potential over the next few years they would have the best top 4 the NHL has seen in awhile.
And I think someone of Seabrook's level would cost Krejci (Seguin, Bergeron or Lucic+)

Old
11-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Hey all, I'm a Hawks fan at heart but the Bruins won my affection ever since you embarrassed the Canucks in the SCF. I chose the Bruins in a GM connected league and I was wondering what Bruins fans would think a "realistic trade" would be.

I'm looking to make the Bruins better but maintain as much of the core as possible. Are there any players that are on the unofficial trade block on real life for the Bruins?

Thomas will most likely be moved, and I was thinking about moving Krecji for a top 6 winger.

I'm a fan of realism so id want any trades made in GM connected to address the real life needs of the bruins.
trades that happen under a reduced cap dont excite me at all... we are in cap hell if the cap goes down.

so im going to propose a couple trades after decertification... when there is no cap to worry about

my first trade would be designed to improve our defense. I want another top 4 guy to join Chara/Seidenberg/Hamilton for the next 4-6 years. Jay Bouwmeister isnt a RH shot but he plays the right side easy enough. He isnt a true number 1. My belief is he would do better if he could play in the shadow of a guy like Chara.

If Calgary did move him... its because they are in a rebuild mold. We'd have to assume they lost Iginla after the lockout. They would want young rebuilding blocks.

Id give them Boychuck/Caron for Bouwmeister If Bouwmeister resigned... id even give up a draft pick. I dont believe anyone else would offer alot more for him...

my second 'trade' would be... signing Iginla as a free agent. The idea is he would play winger for Seguin. Be the respected vet that helps Seguin mature into a superstar role with the team

Having Seguin move to center... and Iginla replace Horton as the top winger... makes Krecji expendable. Lucic would play LW on the top line. Bergeron/Marchand are fixtures on the 1A line. They need a compatible winger to compliment them.

so my final trade would be flipping Krecji for a second line RW that would be a nice compliment to Bergeron/Marchand

I wonder if Bobby Ryan would work? Might take more then just Krecji to land him... but id be willing to give more. Id throw in a first round pick to get that deal done.

Iginla/Seguin/Lucic
Ryan/Bergeron/Marchand
Peverly/Spooner/Kelly
Thornton/Campbell/Paille

feels like a cup winning group of forwards

on defense... maybe pair seidenberg with chara... and boumeister helps out hamilton... but any combination works of these 4.

rask needs to be resigned... or replaced...

it could be one hell of a good team if decertification actually does happen

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
b in vancouver

If you're going decertification route - why the extra moves.
J-Bo is another d-man that I was thinking of along with Seabrook.
Signing Iginla next summer or trading picks and prospects for him at the deadline if the season had actually been played is a dream of mine but more as a Recchi replacement for the 2nd or 3rd line then someone to carry the 1st line scoring
If I'm dreaming how about we keep your 1st two moves and end up with

Lucic Krejci Horton
Marchand Bergeron Seguin
Peverley Kelly Iginla (Iggy gets 1st unit pp time)
Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
J-Bo Hamilton
Ference Mcquaid

Thomas (he balances out and wants to play)
Rask
or Khudobin

Looks awfully good on paper

Old
11-29-2012, 07:35 PM
nycbruins*

Timmy had 2 real crappy months after the white house thing. The media wasn't playing goal

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote