HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 10:30 PM
  #226
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Smith got mugged in front of the net with the puck. Cross check to the back with a wide open net, no call.

MTP is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:39 PM
  #227
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
ANDREW SHAW! empty net goal gives him a goal in 4 straight games. Nice.

HOGS WIN

RomersWorld* is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:39 PM
  #228
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Shaw buries the dagger with an EN.

4-2 Hogs.

St. Pierre, Morin, Smith and Shaw tonight. Saad with two helpers.

MTP is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:45 PM
  #229
hockeywatch
Registered User
 
hockeywatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Thanks for these just curious did you have to download all the crap that came before getting the game or is it something I did wrong? thx

hockeywatch is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:55 PM
  #230
hockeywatch
Registered User
 
hockeywatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romersworld View Post
yeah, i feel like he could actually regress defensively(if that is possible for him) by just being in rockford.
you got that right!!!

hockeywatch is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
  #231
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Met coach Q tonight. Had a good time at the game. Pretty meh effort all around but we squeaked out a win.

brtriad is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:53 PM
  #232
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywatch View Post
Thanks for these just curious did you have to download all the crap that came before getting the game or is it something I did wrong? thx
Don't click that stuff! LOL

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 12:44 AM
  #233
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,432
vCash: 500
Not that anyone should be reading too much into statistics at this point, but I just noticed that Clendening is now 9th in league-wide defenseman scoring.

There are only two rookies ahead of him, Justin Schultz and Chad Billins. Both are two years older than Clenny.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:40 AM
  #234
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
Boxscore

1. CHI Kassian, (6) (Ebbett, Haydar), 1:13
2. CHI Schroeder, (7) (Sterling, Connauton), 13:48
2. RFD St. Pierre, (5) (Saad), 14:55
3. RFD Morin, (8) (Saad, Clendening), 4:59 (PP)
3. RFD Smith, (7) (Lebda, Lalonde), 7:12 (PP)
3. RFD Shaw, (5) , 19:27 (EN)

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 07:40 AM
  #235
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
What have Ben Smith, Andrew Shaw, and Jimmy Hayes done that have earned them top 2 line duty? Nothing much more than what Beach has done.

Also, Beach is ahead of his rookie season.
Pro rated, he is on pace for 31 goals and 13 assists and a +19.
In his rookie season he had 16goals and 20 assists and a -24.

And since this is only technically his 2nd season, his totals probably will only increase slightly if he continues to be handed bottom line duty.
Kyle Beach 17 6 2 8 2 49

How's that project working out for you only 10 days later?

Leads in PIMs, scoring projects to 24G and 8A 32 points= to season 1.

1/4 season gone, looking for a big final 3/4?

Marotte Marauder is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:27 AM
  #236
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 500
Okay we get it MM. You don’t like Beach. Many here are not willing to give up on a 22 year old top pick who happens to be a much needed power forward in the Hawks system. If you choose to, fine, but there is no need to keep posting about it and in such a confrontational manner. We are all Hawk fans, I think. TY

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:09 AM
  #237
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Okay we get it MM. You don’t like Beach. Many here are not willing to give up on a 22 year old top pick who happens to be a much needed power forward in the Hawks system. If you choose to, fine, but there is no need to keep posting about it and in such a confrontational manner. We are all Hawk fans, I think. TY
Gee whiz, everybody else gets to post what they see regarding development or lack thereof. Even if they have to make it up half the time.

Marotte Marauder is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:03 AM
  #238
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Kyle Beach 17 6 2 8 2 49

How's that project working out for you only 10 days later?

Leads in PIMs, scoring projects to 24G and 8A 32 points= to season 1.

1/4 season gone, looking for a big final 3/4?
Ya, he's struggling. I never said he would acheive it, did I?

I just said it's a little early to count him out.

It's still only his 2nd full Pro season, it's not like he is a vet in the AHL.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:05 AM
  #239
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Not that anyone should be reading too much into statistics at this point, but I just noticed that Clendening is now 9th in league-wide defenseman scoring.

There are only two rookies ahead of him, Justin Schultz and Chad Billins. Both are two years older than Clenny.
I thought he looked great last night, had a couple defensive miscues, but overall looked very solid. He reminded me of a young Keith.

I actually thought he looked better than Leddy last night.

Another guy that impressed me was Ryan Stanton, he reminded me of Hjalmarsson. Solid as a rock defensively, not much going offensively, but didn't look out of place either.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:17 AM
  #240
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ya, he's struggling. I never said he would acheive it, did I?

I just said it's a little early to count him out.

It's still only his 2nd full Pro season, it's not like he is a vet in the AHL.
You let me know when it is time.

Marotte Marauder is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:29 AM
  #241
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
You let me know when it is time.
Do you count out every player once they hit age 22? If so, you would of missed out on quite a few superstar NHLers. (not saying Beach will be one)

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
  #242
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Do you count out every player once they hit age 22? If so, you would of missed out on quite a few superstar NHLers. (not saying Beach will be one)
Nope, only the questionable high draft pick players. Lot more busts than late bloomers ala Martin St. Louis.

Did you give up on Brouwer at age 25?

Think Beach will do what Brouwer did by age 25? Honest question.

Marotte Marauder is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
  #243
hockeydoug
Registered User
 
hockeydoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
I thought Clendening looked better last night. I like the win as ugly as it was. I still get satisfaction from watching anything affiliated with Vancouver losing, I thought I was above that.

hockeydoug is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
  #244
hockeydoug
Registered User
 
hockeydoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post

Did you give up on Brouwer at age 25?

Think Beach will do what Brouwer did by age 25? Honest question.
Not my questions but I'll chime in. Brouwer was a beast in Rockford right after he left Moose Jaw, especially on the pp. Beach has not made that type of transition and he's coming up on 100 games over 3 years now. Brouwer didn't hit a wall until 2010 (still hasn't cleared it), Beach has hit plenty earlier and more often.

hockeydoug is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
  #245
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Nope, only the questionable high draft pick players. Lot more busts than late bloomers ala Martin St. Louis.

Did you give up on Brouwer at age 25?

Think Beach will do what Brouwer did by age 25? Honest question.
Not sure what Brouwer has to do with Beach, but ya, Brouwer has reached his potential, Beach hasn't and may never.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:37 PM
  #246
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I thought Clendening looked better last night. I like the win as ugly as it was. I still get satisfaction from watching anything affiliated with Vancouver losing, I thought I was above that.
I will never be above watching that team fail at any and every level.

unbridledid is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
  #247
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Not sure what Brouwer has to do with Beach, but ya, Brouwer has reached his potential, Beach hasn't and may never.
What if Beach ends up a 3rd liner like Ladd was... I would be happy with that, though I don't know how well he plays defense. His ability to agitate and draw penalties is a +.

unbridledid is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:39 PM
  #248
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I thought Clendening looked better last night. I like the win as ugly as it was. I still get satisfaction from watching anything affiliated with Vancouver losing, I thought I was above that.
How did LaLonde look ? He is a chippy s.o.b.

unbridledid is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
  #249
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Not sure what Brouwer has to do with Beach, but ya, Brouwer has reached his potential, Beach hasn't and may never.
So one guy reached his potential. according to your analysis and needs to go, actually sucked.

One hasn't reached his potential, may never, and let's keep him.

Give us your upside for Beach and timetable to reach it. You must think his ceiling is higher than Brouwer's.

I would call Beach a success if he can reach Brouwer's level of production in the NHL. You?

Marotte Marauder is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:07 PM
  #250
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
So one guy reached his potential. according to your analysis and needs to go, actually sucked.

One hasn't reached his potential, may never, and let's keep him.

Give us your upside for Beach and timetable to reach it. You must think his ceiling is higher than Brouwer's.

I would call Beach a success if he can reach Brouwer's level of production in the NHL. You?
One guy sucked, demanded more than he was worth, and we got a 1st round pick for him.

One guy is on a two way contract, is still only 22yo, and wouldn't garner us a 1st round pick in a deep draft.

If we were offered a 1st round pick for Beach I would run away with it.

Beachs upside? 2nd line PF who scores 25+ goals a year and provides a phyical presence that doesn't really scare anyone.

Brouwers upside? 3rd line grinder capable of 20goals and a physical presence that doesn't scare anyone.

If Beach can do what Brouwer did, great, as long as he doesn't command stupid money for it.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.