Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Tyler Brigl was the goalie for Eau Claire for a while when I was there. He was a pretty solid goalie.....for D3 anyways.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
The goalie that does the best in the shootout will be named the Wild's next emergency goaltender, with the runner-up named next in line. The two finalists will receive an authentic Wild jersey with their name and number on the back
I want that.

Quote:
and a Bud Light Prize Pack courtesy of Bud Light.
And that sounds nice, too, unless it contains Bud Light.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Minnesota
L'ťtoile du Nord

Disclaimer: the Bud Light Prize Pack courtesy of Bud Light may contain Bud Light.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Sunday's shootout finalists for #mnwild emergency goalie spot: Treye Kettwick and Joshua Swartout
http://twitter.com/mnwild/status/269270921968226305

Old
11-29-2012, 12:44 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Since it's quiet due to the damn lockout, if ya want, you can take a trip down memory lane. I took tons of photos of the team during the 2005-2008 seasons. It's strange looking at the roster considering what we have now. There are photos of Boogie, fights, the playoffs, regular season, preseason, pre-game skates, jersey ceremonies, Walz's last game, and so forth.

If you can't find the pics or get lost on the "new" photobucket site, let me know. When you first get on the site, you'll have to click on the arrow on the left-hand side that says "show albums and stories."

Now the address to get to the site is a little tricky, since this site considers my photobucket name as spam.

Don't click on the link below. Instead, you'll have to type it out and fill in the asterisks with the following except don't include the dashes..... O-T-Hockey

http://s98.beta.photobucket.com/user/********/library/

Last edited by NHL1674: 11-29-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old
11-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

I'm so torn. I really want to keep Brodziak as 3rd line C but I really wanna trade with Buffalo for Sekera and I believe something could be worked out around them. Caphits are around the same and Sekera is 2 years younger than Brodz so it would make us even younger.

But Brodz is awesome...but Sekera is awesome...

Old
11-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
I'm so torn. I really want to keep Brodziak as 3rd line C but I really wanna trade with Buffalo for Sekera and I believe something could be worked out around them. Caphits are around the same and Sekera is 2 years younger than Brodz so it would make us even younger.

But Brodz is awesome...but Sekera is awesome...
Meh. I'd keep Brodziak and trade Clutterbuck instead. I know he's a fan favorite, but his value ain't gonna rise. Maybe to Jets, work a trade around Blake Wheeler perhaps? He just might work on the 2nd line alongside Granlund and Seto...

Old
11-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

1. Don't think the Jets would consider a deal around Wheeler for Clutterbuck.

2. With the good chance that the Jets will be in our division soon, GMCF doesn't trade Clutterbuck to one of them. Bet he goes out east if traded.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Since it's quiet due to the damn lockout, if ya want, you can take a trip down memory lane. I took tons of photos of the team during the 2005-2008 seasons. It's strange looking at the roster considering what we have now. There are photos of Boogie, fights, the playoffs, regular season, preseason, pre-game skates, jersey ceremonies, Walz's last game, and so forth.

If you can't find the pics or get lost on the "new" photobucket site, let me know. When you first get on the site, you'll have to click on the arrow on the left-hand side that says "show albums and stories."

Now the address to get to the site is a little tricky, since this site considers my photobucket name as spam.

Don't click on the link below. Instead, you'll have to type it out and fill in the asterisks with the following except don't include the dashes..... O-T-Hockey

http://s98.beta.photobucket.com/user/********/library/
Very cool, thanks for posting! Those were the years I had season tickets, so I have maybe a bit more of an attachment to those teams/players.

I think I miss seeing Walz on the ice the most out of all our ex-players.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:41 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
How can you not love this guy?

Old
12-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Wild's Pierre-Marc Bouchard "symptom-free"

Hell yeah.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Good for Butch but I don't agree with the thread title anymore.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Couldn't find another place to post the news.

But yeah, the title really sucks now.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Butch, good news.

But got to say that little I knew at the time. A couple of months ago I thought that a possible work stoppage would be very short or nothing at all.

Well.. Here I sit, I can do no other.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Awesome news regarding Bouchard.

Sad news regarding lockout.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Also, who thinks Bouchard could be this lockout's Selšnne? Before last lockout, as we know, Selšnne was constantly injured and wasn't able to score numbers that were expected of him. Then the lockout happened and he was able to get his knee operated and properly healed before returning to the NHL where he, against all expectations, still continues to produce despite his age.

Bouchard looks like the same (albeit concussion is a whole different beast altogether). He's been good in the little stints he's had with the Wild, but he's spent the last 3 years mostly injured. Maybe he will be able to really settle down and get himself healed now that there's no NHL.

And that's really the only thing that could add a positive spin into this ****ing mess.

Old
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
nickschultzfan

I wish Bouchard well, but I don't see how playing in the NHL just a few weeks removed from being "symptom free" is a smart thing for him. (assuming the NHL did start). Isn't he up to 3 (or 4??) major concussions in just the last 3 years?

Old
12-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Also, who thinks Bouchard could be this lockout's Selšnne? Before last lockout, as we know, Selšnne was constantly injured and wasn't able to score numbers that were expected of him. Then the lockout happened and he was able to get his knee operated and properly healed before returning to the NHL where he, against all expectations, still continues to produce despite his age.

Bouchard looks like the same (albeit concussion is a whole different beast altogether). He's been good in the little stints he's had with the Wild, but he's spent the last 3 years mostly injured. Maybe he will be able to really settle down and get himself healed now that there's no NHL.

And that's really the only thing that could add a positive spin into this ****ing mess.
If you mean he has a resurgence to his career? Could be. I honestly think that anyone believes he's more than one remotely bad hit away from forced retirement is nuts, though.

Selanne had his injury issues, but none of them were concussions - to the best of my knowledge.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:46 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Good for Butch but I don't agree with the thread title anymore.
If only there was a way for a select few posters to somehow have the ability to change thread titles to better suit the situation or their liking. . . . . hmmm.

As for Bouchard, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a one year "prove it" contract like we planned on doing with Lats. If he gets injured again, we'll have Zucker and Coyle waiting.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If only there was a way for a select few posters to somehow have the ability to change thread titles to better suit the situation or their liking. . . . . hmmm.

As for Bouchard, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a one year "prove it" contract like we planned on doing with Lats. If he gets injured again, we'll have Zucker and Coyle waiting.
I like this idea if Bouchard really is healthy. I think it would be great if we left our young guys in Houston for 2 years at the least kind of a Detroit thing. Guys like Coyle, Larsson, Granlund and Zucker are only going to gain chemistry together and more become more comfortable with the pro game.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
In Wild injury news if training camp were to start Jan. 12, defenseman Marco Scandella is currently out of Houston's lineup with a groin injury, but he should be ready by the 12th. Jared Spurgeon left Switzerland with a groin injury, but he is back skating.

For instance, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is feeling good. But he has been out for more than a year. He hasn't been cleared to play yet and hasn't passed the final big hurdle -- real contact. So would he be able to play right away if there's only a seven-day camp with no exhibition games?

If the lockout ends, the Wild will likely sign Palmieri, who is on an AHL deal, to an NHL deal. He has been that good. Nine goals, playing a big man's game, driving the net, using his size, says GM Chuck Fletcher. He's liked McIntyre, too, saying, he's been consistent, a pest, a great penalty killer. He is plus-15.
Wild injury updates

Old
01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
nickschultzfan

If the Pens buyout Martin, I wonder if the Wild would be interested, assuming they can get him for a reasonable contract.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
If the Pens buyout Martin, I wonder if the Wild would be interested, assuming they can get him for a reasonable contract.
He shut us down..in a big way per Russo before signing in Pittsburg..not sure he wants to play here or management likes him after that..

Old
01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
He shut us down..in a big way per Russo before signing in Pittsburg..not sure he wants to play here or management likes him after that..
I didn't get that vibe at all.

It sounded like Martin got a huge contract from a Stanley Cup contender.

No brainer from his standpoint at the time.

Closed Thread