HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Amerks vs Rampage Wed Nov 28 7:05PM ET

Old
11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
AmerksPuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
agreed. Finley and McNabb could easily be sat. I'm sick of these efforts as well. Mancari is a leader on this team and he gives efforts like that, not acceptable, not teaching our youth properly.

And also agree with the Rankin, Flynn, Foligno line. As I said before those three have chemistry and they should be put as a line not just on the PP but at full strength (they were before and produced). Flynns played center a lot before and Foligno can easily take a face off if need be. I hope Armia comes over after his military service is done.
I still think Flynn needs to be on the wing- although he would probably your best all-around center. You won't get the same offense from him if he is playing the middle. Not to mention, there are too many centers in the system and a lack of depth on the wing.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWook View Post
To bad we don't have enough depth right now to sit Mancari, he has been awful.
I was thinking of the same thing. Would a coach sit a veteran who wears an A?

I read that the Rampage sat some of their veterans because they were on such a terrible losing streak.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I see they omitted the goal where Brennan gets embarrassed.
I didn't watch the game last night, but from what I read it seems similar to what Brennan did in a game I watched earlier in the season:
Biega chased a player behind the net. Brennan went back there too. Leaving a couple trailers for Foligno and Porter to get. Goal. Blame went to Foligno for losing his man. But Brennan didn't have a man.

Seems like poor hockey sense in his D zone. Can he learn to limit these mistakes? Sekera learned.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
The defense isn't injured, they just suck. Only way this team turns it around is if the offense stays healthy and manages to score a ton of goals to make up for our lack of defense, right now our big guns aren't scoring though.
Need Mckee back.

Isn't there enough Dmen jobless in the organization that can help coach these kids? Teppo, J. Patrick, Ruff.

Last edited by Jacob582: 11-29-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 01:20 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
I didn't watch the game last night, but from what I read it seems similar to what Brennan did in a game I watched earlier in the season:
Biega chased a player behind the net. Brennan went back there too. Leaving a couple trailers for Foligno and Porter to get. Goal. Blame went to Foligno for losing his man. But Brennan didn't have a man.

Seems like poor hockey sense in his D zone. Can he learn to limit these mistakes? Sekera learned.
No, different goal. Guy walked in, did a spin move right around Brennan like he was standing still, and in one motion passed it backdoor for the goal. Brennan looked like D league mens hockey leaguer on it.

And McKee didn't do anything to help the defense last year. They were just as much of a mess. Coaching isn't the answer defensively, personnel is. They needed a shutdown veteran back there, simple as that.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
No, different goal. Guy walked in, did a spin move right around Brennan like he was standing still, and in one motion passed it backdoor for the goal. Brennan looked like D league mens hockey leaguer on it.

And McKee didn't do anything to help the defense last year. They were just as much of a mess. Coaching isn't the answer defensively, personnel is. They needed a shutdown veteran back there, simple as that.
I see now. I did read about he spin move around Brennan.

Yeah, the goal I referenced was the first GA (on the highlight video).

Old
11-29-2012, 01:37 PM
UncleBenny

Quote:
Need Mckee back.

Isn't there enough Dmen jobless in the organization that can help coach these kids? Teppo, J. Patrick, Ruff.
Nah, need Morrisonn back.

UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:41 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Just ANY shut down defenseman. Regier said it was a priority a day before free agency. And then they just didn't bother to sign one. And the lockout didn't have an effect on the defense, McNabb would still be in Rochester anyway. At least to start.

The funny part was the article in the D&C yesterday with Brennan talking about how he's really working on his defensive game, then he looks foolish on two goals.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Just ANY shut down defenseman. Regier said it was a priority a day before free agency. And then they just didn't bother to sign one. And the lockout didn't have an effect on the defense, McNabb would still be in Rochester anyway. At least to start.

The funny part was the article in the D&C yesterday with Brennan talking about how he's really working on his defensive game, then he looks foolish on two goals.
They got Pardy. You just can't have him yet.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
They got Pardy. You just can't have him yet.
And if the lockout doesn't end? Poor planning and a poor job by the GM. But we all know that. It happens at the NHL and AHL levels.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Smart man, though, to have signed in Moscow. Even if he could have taken a pay cut and signed an NHL deal.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
And if the lockout doesn't end? Poor planning and a poor job by the GM. But we all know that. It happens at the NHL and AHL levels.
I see you are baiting me with the "poor job by the GM".

Old
11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Zip15

Man, harsh thread for a team who had the third-best goal differential in the conference entering last night.

Over 76 games, teams will have nights like this. Throw the tape away and get back to it.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
I still think Flynn needs to be on the wing- although he would probably your best all-around center. You won't get the same offense from him if he is playing the middle. Not to mention, there are too many centers in the system and a lack of depth on the wing.
I could see Flynn being a call up to fill in for the 3rd or 4th line center role with the Sabres.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Man, harsh thread for a team who had the third-best goal differential in the conference entering last night.

Over 76 games, teams will have nights like this. Throw the tape away and get back to it.
This must be due to the play of the forwards and Leggio then.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Zip15

Quote:
This must be due to the play of the forwards and Leggio then.
According to my spreadsheet that I updated yesterday afternoon, entering last night's game they were T-5th in GA/game in the conference and 2nd in GF/game.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Disengage

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:39 PM
sabrefan27

Eveytime I see that goal walking around Brennan, I shake my head. A 4th year pro should not get beat like that.