HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 09:45 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
According to the Powerball Site there are 2 winning tickets sold and one of them is here in Arizona.
If it was one of you guys, can I please borrow five hundred bucks as soon as possible, please? Thanks.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If it was one of you guys, can I please borrow five hundred bucks as soon as possible, please? Thanks.
If you are being serious on this, I doubt very much anyone would even say on here they won the lottery let alone post again. Winning the lottery has led to many people making radical changes.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:51 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
If you are being serious on this, I doubt very much anyone would even say on here they won the lottery let alone post again. Winning the lottery has led to many people making radical changes.
I'd still post here.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:54 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

any chance that one of the winning Arizona power ball tickets is a hockey fan?

Old
11-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Winning Arizona ticket sold in Fountain Hills

Quote:
It was sold at a 4 Sons Food store at 13779 N. Fountain Hills Boulevard in Fountain Hills.
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/...#ixzz2DdZQnnur

Old
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'd prefer to win five million bucks rather than five hundred million bucks. The three million the government would allow me to keep would mean that I could just kind of chill out, do whatever I want, not have to worry about money, and live a relaxing but relatively normal life. Now, the three hundred million I'd be able to bank if I won the big one would probably make me a little too weird. I'm not sure it's healthy to have that much money.

Heck, winning two hundred kay (after taxes) is really a great number for me. Pay off house and cars, pay for undergrad and grad for me, as we as a grad degree for the wife, and then just work without having to worry about paying any bills. No mortgage, no car payments, no student loans. Ahhhhhhhh....that's the life. Property tax and utilites as the only bills? That's the feeling of bliss, right there. Stress free.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post

While whoever does buy the winnning ticket deserves the money, I sure has hell hope it was not a rich person that won this seeing that Fountain Hills is a rich area.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
doaner

Quote:
While whoever does buy the winnning ticket deserves the money, I sure has hell hope it was not a rich person that won this seeing that Fountain Hills is a rich area.
I don't think rich people play the lottery. I have never seen my folks play it before.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I don't think rich people play the lottery. I have never seen my folks play it before.
Some do and almost 10 years ago, someone rich person in the Virginia's won the big jackpot.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yeah, I think I'd prefer to win five million bucks rather than five hundred million bucks. The three million the government would allow me to keep would mean that I could just kind of chill out, do whatever I want, not have to worry about money, and live a relaxing but relatively normal life. Now, the three hundred million I'd be able to bank if I won the big one would probably make me a little too weird. I'm not sure it's healthy to have that much money.

Heck, winning two hundred kay (after taxes) is really a great number for me. Pay off house and cars, pay for undergrad and grad for me, as we as a grad degree for the wife, and then just work without having to worry about paying any bills. No mortgage, no car payments, no student loans. Ahhhhhhhh....that's the life. Property tax and utilites as the only bills? That's the feeling of bliss, right there. Stress free.
It all depends on the person. To me, money is money. While I have no problem even willing to take a very small amount I sure as hell would love to make enough money to never have to work another day in my life again.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

If I won the big jackpot, I would address immediate concerns (car, house, school, etc) and then have a financial adviser put me on an allowance.

Also, does anybody have an ESPN Insider subscription? I want to read this Mike Smith article. If they had the option, I would buy access to just this piece, but ESPN only offers subscriptions.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
yotesreign

Quote:

omg, I knew the guy that manages that store, that they quoted in the article but I haven't seen him since the Yotes moved to Glendale from downtown. he used to run a yotes mailing list back in the late 90s-early 00s.

I hope my relatives in FH won it; maybe they'd throw me $500 or buy me a steak dinner or something.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

The winner of the ticket purchased in Fountain Hills may not even live in Arizona. Rumors are going arounf that a man from Maryland was on vacation in AZ when he brought the winning ticket in that store.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:55 PM
awfulwaffle

Apparently the guy that won in Fountain Hills is sharing it to everyone on Facebook. What an idiot lol.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Edit: Offer has been claimed

Hey everybody, since it's the season of sharing, I've got a pretty cool offer. I recently bought an iPhone 4/4S case that's Coyotes-styled. Sadly, my iPhone got a nice washing in my pants' pocket and is no longer with us. I've decided to move into the Droid 4 route (big believer in physical keyboards), so one of you can have it. The case is brand new and has never been used. I'll take care of shipping. First interested person living in the United States to PM me gets it. Sorry international Coyotes fans, shipping would be ridiculous.

Last edited by Blubba Jenkins: 12-03-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

KC Chiefs player kills girlfriend and then himself at Arrowhead Stadium.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/01...s-reports-say/

Old
12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
doaner

Anybody watch that Jesse Ventura show conspiracy theory?

Old
12-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Anybody watch that Jesse Ventura show conspiracy theory?
I did not but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was full of fools making logical leaps that would make even 60's Batman feel awkward.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:25 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Holy grassy knoll, Batman!

Old
12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
doaner

Works for me. Less fools I will have to worry about! look up the ozarks. Nuff said!

Old
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Works for me. Less fools I will have to worry about! look up the ozarks. Nuff said!
Oh, man. I remember pulling up and having to rent a motel somewhere in the Ozarks on a cross country road trip at around 3 or 4 A.M. One of the worst experiences ever.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Are people from the Ozarks are known for conspiracy theories or something?

Edit: Maybe I misinterpreted your comment, are you saying you buy into what Mr. Ventura's selling?

Last edited by Sinurgy: 12-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Well I only watched an episode once but the last two weeks were:

"Ozarks"

Quote:
Ventura looks into rumors that the elite are building fortified retreats and underground bunkers in remote areas of the country in preparation for a doomsday event. He travels to Ozark, Missouri to investigate the construction of an alleged 75,000 sq. ft., "single-family," fortified mansion owned by a satellite surveillance mogul and government defense contractor. Later, Ventura and his team are guided by a local informant to a massive underground warehouse facility, complete with railroad access, that is located in nearby Springfield, Missouri.
Skinwalker

Quote:
Ventura looks into various corporations that have been filling in the void left by NASA in recent years and pioneering new space technology as private enterprise. His leads focus him in on billionaire aerospace entrepreneur Robert Bigelow who purchased Utah's mysterious "Skinwalker Ranch." Named after the shape-shifting spirits of Native American legend, the site has a long history of claims of UFO activity and other strange phenomena. While Tyrell and Shawn have their own unexplained encounter at the ranch, Ventura seeks answers to his questions from Bigelow himself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspir..._Jesse_Ventura

Cant wait for the return of Ancient Aliens though...He was in town a month ago but had to miss it (crazy hair guy).

Old
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Well I only watched an episode once but the last two weeks were:

"Ozarks"

Skinwalker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspir..._Jesse_Ventura

Cant wait for the return of Ancient Aliens though...He was in town a month ago but had to miss it (crazy hair guy).
Oh I didn't realize the Ozarks thing was in reference to the Jesse Ventura conspiracies TV show. As for ancient aliens, I've never seen it but I have heard of it.

That stuff can be pretty fascinating but I always feel so manipulated. Everytime I've put in some real research on the topic I find out it's at best gross misrepresentation and often just complete ********. Reminds me of a Michael Moore documentary (or any political/religious documentary for that matter):

1) start with conclusion
2) create "facts" to support conclusion
3) profit$$$

Old
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I've got a bunch of smart phone questions if anyone is interested in weighing in, I'd appreciate the input.

I'm switching from Sprint to Verizon in January. Going to cut my cost in half by joining a family plan with my wife and in-laws. She just upgraded from on old HTC Incredible to an iPhone 4S. I really like a whole lot about her phone. I've got an old HTC EVO and I generally use FireFox to browse. She's using Safari. I noticed I can't use Adobe Flash on her phone, but I understand you can download (for a buck) Puffin for browsing and that will allow you to use Flash. Any truth to this? I wouldn't want to browse with Puffin, and I like Safari, but I'd be happy to make a quick switch just to use Flash whenever the need arises. Is this practical?

I really enjoy using her 4S a whole heck of a lot more than my EVO or her Incredible. The main thing I don't like is the smaller screen size. If I stick with Android, I'll go with the Note II for the DNA - and REALLY go with a BIG screen. Mostly because I like a big fat keyboard.

I noticed the iPhone 5 has a longer screen but the landscape keyboard is the same on the 4S because they stupidly added more grayspace rather than making the buttons larger.

The only difference I've seen in the 4S and the 5 that would matter to me is 4G capability. The 5 can use Verizon 4G but the 4S cannot. Is that accurate?

How useful is 4G to non WiFi web browsing? Is 4G all over these days, or still in relatively limited areas? I can use 4G with the DNA and the NoteII, I assume, right?

I guess I'm trying to narrow my selection from the familiar DNA and the tempting Note II and the cheaper 4S and the seemingly same ol' 5 (other than 4G).

I'm just trying to figure out what the right fit is. Will I be frustrated by the iPhone limitations? Is screen size as important to me as I think? Is 4G something I'm going to use frequently and miss not having?

I only use my phone for web browsing. I don't make many phone calls. I don't do much texting. I don't facebook or twitter. I play zero games. I like youtube and pandora. I bounce around websites. hfboards, wikipedia, tsn, coyotes, etc are favorites. standard sites.

Also, my ipod is about broken. It's eight years old and falling apart. I like iTunes and I like iPod. If I don't get an iPhone, I will end up buying an iPod. I really cannot see myself using another MP3 player. I'm too old and crusty to make that switch. iPod use is daily and is important. I understand that with either an iPhone 5 or 4S, I'll be able to use it as a 16G iPod, is that right?

Is the 4G on the i5 worth the extra hundred bucks over the 4S?

Is the NoteII or DNA so much better than the iPhones that it's worth buying the Android product AND an iPod? Effectively a difference of a few hundred bucks?

All general chatter, and any input of any kind is more than welcome. I'm totally ignorant and don't know what I want. I'm also a cheapskate and this decision actually does represent a large one for me. Probably more so than most people.

Closed Thread