*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 06:56 AM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
I was talking to someone last night at the game and they said Ftorek would be gone over the christmas break.
I dont know why you would continue to wait if its true,but i guess if it is late is better than never
How realible do you think that information is?

Old
11-29-2012, 06:56 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
I was talking to someone last night at the game and they said Ftorek would be gone over the christmas break.
I dont know why you would continue to wait if its true,but i guess if it is late is better than never
I agree but clean house both coaches must go.Cid lost the game last night when he had Donnay on the ice in over time when he turns the puck over more then any player.and some one need to sit Pelech and coach him not let him run wild out there if you watch as good as he is on defences he is more worried about scoring he is know as a stay at home D man why are they changing his who he is.we have 6 good defences man that need to know what there roles are not keep changing them. They changes the line so much no one know who they are any more and we now have no chemitry. and Harper is getting the short end on the deal this player can score why keep him on a grined line.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Styx and Stones

Kris Knoblauch to replace Robbie Ftorek as head coach.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:30 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
I hope so, and i really hope he brings a good Defence coach with him.Where did his name come up.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:36 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
has this coaching changes really been made???

Old
11-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Nothing Else Maattas

http://www.ottershockey.com/article/...-as-head-coach
Here is your source for anyone that is asking.

Well if they don't sneak into the 8th seed this year I hope next year is the year.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:44 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor McJesus View Post
http://www.ottershockey.com/article/...-as-head-coach
Here is your source for anyone that is asking.

Well if they don't sneak into the 8th seed this year I hope next year is the year.
Well they still have a bigger problem and that is Peter there asst coach after 13 years there it will be hard for any new coach to really take charge he must go as well.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:03 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowatcher View Post
Well they still have a bigger problem and that is Peter there asst coach after 13 years there it will be hard for any new coach to really take charge he must go as well.
I agree with that. I think sid needs to go too but this is a step in the right direction at least.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:05 AM
OHLFan8771

Does any one have any information on knoblauch? I know he is a former kootney ice head coach.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:46 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Does any one have any information on knoblauch? I know he is a former kootney ice head coach.
He coached 2011in the whl and I beleave he took his team to the Memrial cup and I think they won that year. He is 34 years old and is said to be one of the best up and coming coaches out there. It sounds I Sherrie Bassen is working in the right direction.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:52 PM
SDRFAOBFH1

The next step is a new Asst. Coach, Sidsy has to go now! His people skills and hockey acumen are not helping the Otter's at all. It's time for another change that will bring a positive and fresh approach to the boys. Basy needs to bring in some of older players waiting in the wings (as he stated on "the fan"today, only two 93's"? there is not enough experience and leadership to make a solid run. Just a few additions will help out big time.
go otter's go

Old
11-29-2012, 02:30 PM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRFAOBFH1 View Post
The next step is a new Asst. Coach, Sidsy has to go now! His people skills and hockey acumen are not helping the Otter's at all. It's time for another change that will bring a positive and fresh approach to the boys. Basy needs to bring in some of older players waiting in the wings (as he stated on "the fan"today, only two 93's"? there is not enough experience and leadership to make a solid run. Just a few additions will help out big time.
go otter's go
I agree now that there is a new head coach he need to pick some one that he can count and will support him as head coach. Pete(Sidsy is not that guy)
I hope they firer him sooner then later. It will help the team alot so see him gone.
GO Otters GO

Old
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
prowatcher

Quote:
I agree now that there is a new head coach he need to pick some one that he can count and will support him as head coach. Pete(Sidsy is not that guy)
I hope they firer him sooner then later. It will help the team alot so see him gone.
GO Otters GO
I hope the team plays great tonight for the new coach

Old
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
I hope the team plays great tonight for the new coach
Sometimes that is the best Wakeup call but in the end I don;t think it'll make enough of a difference. On the bright side is a good looking future and McDavid will be 16 years old next year!

Old
11-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

3-1 Greyhounds halfway through the game.

Otters taking dumb penalties

Old
11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

And McDavid makes another highlight reel goal
3-2 Greyhounds

Old
11-30-2012, 09:40 PM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor McJesus View Post
And McDavid makes another highlight reel goal
3-2 Greyhounds
This game was lost by the defence coach Sid he is the worst, if Sid stays the new coach is doomed.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:20 PM
mapleleaf979

Greyhounds 54 shots Otters 30. This seems to be happening every game. Dansk is seeing 2 seasons worth of shots in 1. They need better defenseman and better system. I thought most New Head coaches picked there assistants? Must be awkward unless the new head coach likes what he see's.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 11-30-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 09:22 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Greyhounds 54 shots Otters 30. This seems to be happening every game. Dansk is seeing 2 seasons worth of shots in 1. They need better defenseman and better system. I thought most New Head coaches picked there assistants? Must be awkward unless the new head coach likes what he see's.
I agree no system and Sid keep putting out the wrong D at the wrong time and he has to hold Pelech acountable for as much ice time as he gets,he need to realize defences is frist. Why he played Kuleshov so much was insane,and having Abraham on the 2 PK what was he thinking.Abraham IS one of our best PP players and not used right.and for Glass and Donnay who are 2 good stay at home defence Sid missed the boat. and for McDowell he is the best on PP not agaist the first like as he was walk aound all night great strenth great shoot but when you run you defences in to the ground this is what happens.and for the forward i hope this new coach look at some film with out Sid and gets a handle on the fact talent is not enough to win he has to take over the team from scratch and build it.I wish him good luck he going to need it if Sid is helping him.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:27 PM
KnightSpit

Erie D and D Stands for Dire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Wow you are so right. Dansk is in a shooting Gallery, soon even he will break down, no golaie and I am talking no goalie, not even Roy, Broduer, or Thomas, could take this sort of punnishment, night after night. The must be a new OHL records . like have the Otters been giving up around 45 shots every single game. You should bring up some of the other "D" in your system, like that Murphy Kid, or get Masskant back LOL !, or give one of your other D draft picks a shot. Keep Wood as a forward he is better there, size wise and gets points up front. I was watching the Windsor, London Game last night and the Spits have all sorts of problems on D, but still not as much as Erie.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:37 PM
KnightSpit

Erie D and Shots

Quote:
I agree no system and Sid keep putting out the wrong D at the wrong time and he has to hold Pelech acountable for as much ice time as he gets,he need to realize defences is frist. Why he played Kuleshov so much was insane,and having Abraham on the 2 PK what was he thinking.Abraham IS one of our best PP players and not used right.and for Glass and Donnay who are 2 good stay at home defence Sid missed the boat. and for McDowell he is the best on PP not agaist the first like as he was walk aound all night great strenth great shoot but when you run you defences in to the ground this is what happens.and for the forward i hope this new coach look at some film with out Sid and gets a handle on the fact talent is not enough to win he has to take over the team from scratch and build it.I wish him good luck he going to need it if Sid is helping him.
Prowatcher, and I thought the Spits D was bad last night, wow no comparison. Kuleshov, like does Erie pay that guy by the minute ?, how did they scout that pylon, via home video or you tube. First round pick in the Krappy Hockey Leaughe? Did Vladimir Putin slip the Otter's 50 grand under the table for his Ice time. Hey you never know these days, just look at the Winter Hawks and what happend with the Spits. Money talks !!! You guys have great offence and love watching McDavid and the others when they produce, but if your team does not call up some of your other D, or trade for some other D, sorry to say you will be D, as in Done like Dinner sooner rather than later. 54, I mean 54 shots again?, how long do you think Columbus will let this go on ?? Looking at Eire's D, compared to the Spits, makes me thank Windsor, is not as bad on D, as I thought they were.
Good Luck To You

Old
12-01-2012, 12:41 PM
KnightSpit

McDavid, is great and will only be 16, but hey, if Erie keeps up like this, he will sit and demand a trade. He has too much at stake for his career and development to stand Pat. All the offence in the world is not going to win games win you keep giving up almost 50 shots every game. Better mix up and / or change you D, or McDavid wants out with a trade. Too bad, the kid is giving his all and having him in Erie might even restore the franchise.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Prowatcher, and I thought the Spits D was bad last night, wow no comparison. Kuleshov, like does Erie pay that guy by the minute ?, how did they scout that pylon, via home video or you tube. First round pick in the Krappy Hockey Leaughe? Did Vladimir Putin slip the Otter's 50 grand under the table for his Ice time. Hey you never know these days, just look at the Winter Hawks and what happend with the Spits. Money talks !!! You guys have great offence and love watching McDavid and the others when they produce, but if your team does not call up some of your other D, or trade for some other D, sorry to say you will be D, as in Done like Dinner sooner rather than later. 54, I mean 54 shots again?, how long do you think Columbus will let this go on ?? Looking at Eire's D, compared to the Spits, makes me thank Windsor, is not as bad on D, as I thought they were.
Good Luck To You
I agree to a point Defence is a team game and when 50%of there shots come from the point then the forwards need to do there job. I agree the way the defences is being coached there is no chemitry at times the d man have know clue who they are playing with, shift to shift. You are right I would think that Mac David DAD will ask for a trade.He is there to develop not carry a team as a 15 year old.
From my point of view this is how i would line the Defence up
1.Pelech-Donnay
2.McDowell-Glass
3.Abraham-Felker
1st PP Abraham and McDowell 2nd PP Woods and Harper
1st PK Pelech and Donnay
2nd PK McDowell and Glass
I heard that the new coach is really good and he will turn the team around I think we have to give him some time. and support the team

Old
12-01-2012, 04:03 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
McDavid, is great and will only be 16, but hey, if Erie keeps up like this, he will sit and demand a trade. He has too much at stake for his career and development to stand Pat. All the offence in the world is not going to win games win you keep giving up almost 50 shots every game. Better mix up and / or change you D, or McDavid wants out with a trade. Too bad, the kid is giving his all and having him in Erie might even restore the franchise.
I would not jump to such conclusions already about McDavid wanting a trade if they continue to lose. People who say these things do not know much about him other than that he is a phenom and they like to stereotype him because of other players. He is the most mature and humble 15 year old I have ever seen. He believes team first and does not think of himself first like a lot of other players do. He gladly accepted Erie when he was drafted and did not think he was "to good" for other teams in the league like Domi or Mackinnon. I think McDavid is going through the first big step in his hockey career right now which is being the center piece or franchise player on a rebuilding team and he could not be doing a better job. It is not like he isn't producing or developing, his talent is showing and everyone can see that. When he is drafted into the NHL he will be on another bad team because they had the first overall pick, that is a part of being an elite level player.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:58 PM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
I agree to a point Defence is a team game and when 50%of there shots come from the point then the forwards need to do there job. I agree the way the defences is being coached there is no chemitry at times the d man have know clue who they are playing with, shift to shift. You are right I would think that Mac David DAD will ask for a trade.He is there to develop not carry a team as a 15 year old.
From my point of view this is how i would line the Defence up
1.Pelech-Donnay
2.McDowell-Glass
3.Abraham-Felker
1st PP Abraham and McDowell 2nd PP Woods and Harper
1st PK Pelech and Donnay
2nd PK McDowell and Glass
I heard that the new coach is really good and he will turn the team around I think we have to give him some time. and support the team
Yes the defense may not be coached properly but the fact that the blame of the outrageous number of shots against lies soley on the defense is a joke. Watch the number of turnovers the forwards give up off the rush, watch how poor they are at getting pucks out on the half wall, watch how often they get caught with three guys deep creating odd man rushes, watch how many point shots they give up from poor coverage, watch the laziness on the back checks, watch them time after time try to beat a guy on a 1 on 2 or 2 on 3, the list goes on. They have enough talent on defense and none of thier prospects would do close to as good a job, this group has potential.They need to improve defensivley as a team. Theres nothing defenseman can do when time after time they have no back pressure from the forwards, or odd man rushes or having point shots blasted at the net time after time. Heres how I break it down on the back end:

1- Pelech and McDowell
Pelech is the most underrated defensive players in the league he is a top 2 defenseman on any OHL team. McDowell has size and is good with the puck he is a good fit for pelech and has a bomb of a shot.
2- Abraham and Donnay
Spencer Abraham will not improve the Otters defensively yet he has improved drastically in that regard he is there to move the puck and in my opinion is the best on the team at getting pucks to the net, his seeing eye wrist shot would do lots of damage if they got more traffic in front of the net. Donnay is big, defensive and has a big reach, if he played meaner he would be a tough guy to play against.
3- Kuleshov and Glass/
Im not a Nathan Glass Fan and although has the best plus minus I believe that it the worst stat in all of hockey. Kuleshov is improving and I think has showed some potential if he stops trying to be offensive and focuses on being big, mean, and simple simple simple.

Closed Thread