HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I suck. And I can't wait to see the team you put together if you rebuild. You should have a lot more money to play around with.
I'd have to dedicate some serious time to playing the market which I can't do at the moment so that'll need to be taken into consideration. Also, the guy I just posted needs to be sold. If he doesn't sell for 25M I've lost all hope that the market will give me a single 10k sale on any of my guys.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Not sure what to make of my team. Today was yet another game that I dominated on shots and had a clear advantage in terms of possession and only won 1-0.
I finally clicked your link. Your team is really good. Like top 3-4 in the US good. It would be close with the High Headerz.

Quote:
I tried that once. I lost a big game because my defender "failed to clear the ball when attempting to make a pass". I've never switched back since.
I don't think you deserve to win if you're too scared to hold he ball you have a great team. Let them play.

Quote:
I'd have to dedicate some serious time to playing the market which I can't do at the moment so that'll need to be taken into consideration. Also, the guy I just posted needs to be sold. If he doesn't sell for 25M I've lost all hope that the market will give me a single 10k sale on any of my guys.
I'm telling you, it's not a lot of time. You just have to know when you can online, and focus on players with deadlines then. It helps a lot if you can do this at the optimal times. That was around lunchtime for me. You only need 30-45 minutes to search twice a week and plan your scouting. Then send emails for plays who can't fit into your queue. Of course I missed out on a ton of players, but there's nothing you can do about that except whine.

My team is mostly set depending on CL drops. So I can help you scout.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:31 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I'm telling you, it's not a lot of time.
I placed a bunch of bids last night but wasn't staying up to 3am to bid. Most of them went way above my bid, but there's always one that is one bid higher. 80+AQ 15 6/6 300+ OR guy for 200k. I'll go harder the start of next season since all the guys now are basically 16 years old anyway.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
4th post in a row:

SERIOUSLY!?!?! No bidders!?!?!

http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...59-sime-vastic
Looks like he'll be leaving now!

Old
11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Looks like he'll be leaving now!
Finally! I paid 16M for him and have had him since he was 15. 25M is needed just to break even. Gone are the days of train-and-sell profits. The only money on the market is in franchise prospects and in 10,000,000,000 OR players...

Old
11-29-2012, 01:23 PM
tujague

Quote:
Finally! I paid 16M for him and have had him since he was 15. 25M is needed just to break even. Gone are the days of train-and-sell profits. The only money on the market is in franchise prospects and in 10,000,000,000 OR players...
That's been my experience as well. I was surprised you got 25M for him to be honest. I'm just as surprised to get 110M for the five guys I sold today. I've basically thrived in HA just training & selling 5-10 players each season. But this might be the first time I've made what I consider good money on the PPM market. Of course these weren't T&Ss either.

What would you do with ~180M? I have three maxed triples, three 1000 seat triples and two large with seats. Max out the minis or build the last two triples?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
canucks357

Quote:
That's been my experience as well. I was surprised you got 25M for him to be honest. I'm just as surprised to get 110M for the five guys I sold today. I've basically thrived in HA just training & selling 5-10 players each season. But this might be the first time I've made what I consider good money on the PPM market. Of course these weren't T&Ss either.

What would you do with ~180M? I have three maxed triples, three 1000 seat triples and two large with seats. Max out the minis or build the last two triples?
Invest it all in your stadium. Get your stadium maxed ASAP. That's your ticket to the gold mine...

Old
11-29-2012, 01:33 PM
tujague

Quote:
Invest it all in your stadium. Get your stadium maxed ASAP. That's your ticket to the gold mine...
Ooh. Gold. So max out the last two crap sections. And at the end of my first season in III, I'll have 15,500 seats!?! That's crazy. I can't wait.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:39 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Ooh. Gold. So max out the last two crap sections. And at the end of my first season in III, I'll have 15,500 seats!?! That's crazy. I can't wait.
We're talking hockey? Oh. I thought soccer for some reason. Weird. But ya, still max it if you can. You should sell out. Even if you don't you'll get a good media deal. Think you'll be back into div2 after one year in div3?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
tujague

Quote:
We're talking hockey? Oh. I thought soccer for some reason. Weird. But ya, still max it if you can. You should sell out. Even if you don't you'll get a good media deal. Think you'll be back into div2 after one year in div3?
It'll probably be two, but you never know with the leagues being restructured this season. I'll have to see where I end up. If the CL drops wouldn't have bent me over last season, I could have been competing for promotion next season. But I was bent over, so I had to reload a bit. Some of the 15yos are very raw.

My soccer stadium is already maxed well, the last triple is under construction. Money is easy in that game. I think I'm sitting on 100M over there without even trying.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:52 PM
canucks357

Quote:
It'll probably be two, but you never know with the leagues being restructured this season. I'll have to see where I end up. If the CL drops wouldn't have bent me over last season, I could have been competing for promotion next season. But I was bent over, so I had to reload a bit. Some of the 15yos are very raw.

My soccer stadium is already maxed well, the last triple is under construction. Money is easy in that game. I think I'm sitting on 100M over there without even trying.
USA has 4 division levels. So you won't get moved up to 2nd. Teams are only moved between III and IV. So no worries about getting moved up.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Emerald76

Stadium for either sport is key to get built as soon as as...

Many doors open with more income

At the end of this season, my soccer stadium will b @ 80,000!!

Then, watch the money roll in!

Old
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
tujague

Did I mention my good hockey pull? He has to be scouted, so he could still be ****, but he has the most OR I've ever pulled- 355.

And he's 5/6

Quote:
USA has 4 division levels. So you won't get moved up to 2nd. Teams are only moved between III and IV. So no worries about getting moved up.
I meant I wasn't sure which III league I would end up in. And with the restructuring, maybe the III leagues will be more competitive. Who knows. Lots of things out of my control right now. So I'm just focusing on building. My stadium is going to be massive

I really hope I'm not going to bankrupt myself with 15k seats in a III league with a possibly bad team. These next two seasons are going to be nerve-wracking.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:05 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I really hope I'm not going to bankrupt myself with 15k seats in a III league with a possibly bad team. These next two seasons are going to be nerve-wracking.
You should be fine. So long as you're selling out that'll cover rink expenses.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:01 PM
tujague

Quote:
You should be fine. So long as you're selling out that'll cover rink expenses.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm almost selling out right now and I have the worst team in the league. Let me check that again. 6700 seats and averaging 5510. Not bad for 19th place

I should be a playoff team down in III. So I expect to have a higher percentage of seats filled. It might be a fight if I get stuck in a stacked III.1 after the restructure, but I still think I'll make it. I think everyone I checked last week had already gained 100 OR this season, and some of my kids will be adding 90-100 OR during the four camps I'll be running. No one down here can keep up with that. I can't wait to see my OTS after the camps. I was at 51 when I sent em. I'm expecting 65 when they get back, but secretly hoping for 75. That would be crazy though. Right?

Last edited by tujague: 11-29-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Obryantj

I went through Thursday’s match reports (for USA I.1 only) and collected data on players who posted relatively high in-game-ratings for their position (I only looked to 30+ for forwards, 20+ for goalies, and 25+ for all other positions). I also went back to look at previous box scores for teams who have players in training camp (but was still unable to find data for the majority of Bombsville’s starters), as well as box scores from friendlies for teams that I felt may have had backups that met that ratings criteria.

With that data, I compiled an “All-USA-I.1” team based on in-game-rating (tie-breakers were: age, CL, country of birth)

First Team
G Marek Jandek (FC Corona) - 25
LD Stefan Sequin (FC Corona) - 27
CD Chard McIntyre (Boilermakers) - 30
CD Phillip Woody (Arlington Betamax) - 29
RD Radan Adamu (FC Corona) - 27
LM Zak Aldridge (FC Corona) – 36
CM Viktar Tagonovich (Boilermakers) - 28
CM Dominyk Bzykowski (FC Corona) - 28
RM Max Mark (Boilermakers) – 31
F Isaac Buchanan (Bayern Munich FC) – 37
F Quintin Brenan (High Headerz) - 36

Second Team
G Kirk Spicer (Boilermakers) - 24 [Two Others @24]
LD Tobias Hrebec (Boilermakers) - 26
CD Lube Nikoloski (FC Corona) - 29
CD Kristopher Randolph (FC Corona) - 29
RD Kris Rudd (High Headerz) - 27
LM Charles Seay (Boilermakers) - 29
CM Arnold Monroe (Bleeding Wildcats) – 28
CM Jerry Valdez (Bayern Munich FC) – 28 [One other @28]
RM Kristians Steins (FC Corona) – 30
F Bob Lackey (Arlington Betamax) – 35
F Sandy Bragg (Boilermakers) – 35

Note: It would not surprise me if I missed some players while searching, if you know of a player that would qualify for this list please let me know.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:01 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I went through Thursday’s match reports (for USA I.1 only) and collected data on players who posted relatively high in-game-ratings for their position (I only looked to 30+ for forwards, 20+ for goalies, and 25+ for all other positions). I also went back to look at previous box scores for teams who have players in training camp (but was still unable to find data for the majority of Bombsville’s starters), as well as box scores from friendlies for teams that I felt may have had backups that met that ratings criteria.
You didn't miss any Atomics My starters have been falling behind ever since my Academy went bonkers. I mostly send the kids to camp now. When I'm running a full camp, I still have 7-8 starters available for games. Shipp might have a chance to catch Spicer, but I doubt it. Paquet or Blount might have a shot at SD, but I haven't had a chance to use either outside, yet. And I doubt they're good enough anyway.

Nice lists, though. Scary seeing so many Coronas and B'makers up there. Good thing you did it realistically or I'd hate you too

Old
12-03-2012, 07:02 AM
tujague

I can't catch a break this soccer season. I finally get my some semblance of a defense back, and now my top CM was out for 9 days. Now I have a scrub playing there. Maybe I should switch to a 5-3-2 and push th Mids forward. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. But...

In hockey, since they're reshuffling the US, I'm letting my older guys play while the kids are in camp. I might win a few games

Old
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I can't catch a break this soccer season.
I'd like to complain too but as I have a single loss I better not. My last game I dominated possession (60%) and shots (surrendered 1 while having some 13 attempts and 6 or 7 on target) yet drew 1-1 at home playing N/N vs. VL/VL. 2 points down the pisser...

Old
12-03-2012, 10:56 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post

With that data, I compiled an “All-USA-I.1” team based on in-game-rating (tie-breakers were: age, CL, country of birth)

First Team
G Marek Jandek (FC Corona) - 25
LD Stefan Sequin (FC Corona) - 27
CD Chard McIntyre (Boilermakers) - 30
CD Phillip Woody (Arlington Betamax) - 29
RD Radan Adamu (FC Corona) - 27
LM Zak Aldridge (FC Corona) – 36
CM Viktar Tagonovich (Boilermakers) - 28
CM Dominyk Bzykowski (FC Corona) - 28
RM Max Mark (Boilermakers) – 31
F Isaac Buchanan (Bayern Munich FC) – 37
F Quintin Brenan (High Headerz) - 36

Second Team
G Kirk Spicer (Boilermakers) - 24 [Two Others @24]
LD Tobias Hrebec (Boilermakers) - 26
CD Lube Nikoloski (FC Corona) - 29
CD Kristopher Randolph (FC Corona) - 29
RD Kris Rudd (High Headerz) - 27
LM Charles Seay (Boilermakers) - 29
CM Arnold Monroe (Bleeding Wildcats) – 28
CM Jerry Valdez (Bayern Munich FC) – 28 [One other @28]
RM Kristians Steins (FC Corona) – 30
F Bob Lackey (Arlington Betamax) – 35
F Sandy Bragg (Boilermakers) – 35

Note: It would not surprise me if I missed some players while searching, if you know of a player that would qualify for this list please let me know.
I don't think I have anyone close... I'm sitting on some good cash, I'm tempted to splurge on a stud starter- but I don't know if I'd be able to pull the trigger.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Emerald76

Just a quick question lads...

Experience - does anyone know if it was confirmed on the PPM forums whether 100 experience gains a 20% boost to a player?

I've looked in the guide but cannot see this info...

If anyone knows where I might find it - a pointer in it's direction would be most appreciated!

Old
12-03-2012, 11:23 AM
suprvilce

I give up. Surrender tying goal 12 seconds left in the 3rd period and lose in the shootout. Every team in the world can be clutch but no, my team has to crack under pressure. Now another game tomorrow, on the road. Top defenceman injured and 2nd line winger injured. The end for me.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I give up. Surrender tying goal 12 seconds left in the 3rd period and lose in the shootout. Every team in the world can be clutch but no, my team has to crack under pressure. Now another game tomorrow, on the road. Top defenceman injured and 2nd line winger injured. The end for me.
The end?

I think not, your opponent has played on Normal for the entire league series so far.
Breaking up of Play is a must-use-tactic in game 3
Yes, you are away from home in the next game, but you already won 5-zip in the first game.

You also have a stronger team.
"The end" might be a bit premature.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
The end?

I think not, your opponent has played on Normal for the entire league series so far.
Breaking up of Play is a must-use-tactic in game 3
Yes, you are away from home in the next game, but you already won 5-zip in the first game.

You also have a stronger team.
"The end" might be a bit premature.
Well i needed a small outburst while i was still mad, i cooled down a bit . Breaking up of play? I used it in both games, in first game it worked, in 2nd game he changed tactic to offensive, i should now use defensive, no?

It's just, argh!! So close! He does have better top players, some of my top players i recently bought have very little energy (like 50-60) and won't be really useful.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
tujague

Quote:
I'd like to complain too but as I have a single loss I better not. My last game I dominated possession (60%) and shots (surrendered 1 while having some 13 attempts and 6 or 7 on target) yet drew 1-1 at home playing N/N vs. VL/VL. 2 points down the pisser...
Same thing here. I don't think I dominated TOP, but shots and all that, yes. 0-0 draw. Dammit. More wasted points. And his isn't the hard part of he schedule

Quote:
Just a quick question lads...

Experience - does anyone know if it was confirmed on the PPM forums whether 100 experience gains a 20% boost to a player?

I've looked in the guide but cannot see this info...

If anyone knows where I might find it - a pointer in it's direction would be most appreciated!
I've never seen it confirmed by anyone with PPM, but its repeated so much that it must be true. Right? All the top/knowledgable managers seem to say th sme thing.

Closed Thread