HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the LIIgue

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Clean hit IMO.
I just remember being pissed that he didn't see that coming. Kronwall on the ice, and you're rushing towards the defensive blueline... should be enough to keep anyone's head up out there.

Sucks for CBJ, hope Murray recovers. Even though you know it might increase Corrado's chances of making the WJC team, you never want to wish for them to do so through this... bad karma and all.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Clean hit IMO.
I dont think so, i think he gets a penalty if he didn't turn around. Which i dont understand the reasoning for. Actually maybe not, the guy seems to have paid off alot of refs I'd say a large percentage of his big hits are leaving his damn feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCMSqYLeILs

The guy is always doing it. And its pretty well known by other teams and analysts

Old
11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
I dont think so, i think he gets a penalty if he didn't turn around. Which i dont understand the reasoning for. Actually maybe not, the guy seems to have paid off alot of refs I'd say a large percentage of his big hits are leaving his damn feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCMSqYLeILs

The guy is always doing it. And its pretty well known by other teams and analysts
I'm not saying he doesn't leave his feet on a lot of occasions, I just think he walks a fine line between clean and dirty...the same could be said for Scott Stevens. There is no doubt he launches himself upward into hits but its harder to pinpoint when he leaves his feet, prior to, or after contact. IMO in the Kesler hit he left his feet at contact. If the league wanted to be rid of dangerous hits like that they'd penalize any player who leaves his feet in an upward motion during a hit regardless of whether or not they've made contact.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
I'm not saying he doesn't leave his feet on a lot of occasions, I just think he walks a fine line between clean and dirty...the same could be said for Scott Stevens. There is no doubt he launches himself upward into hits but its harder to pinpoint when he leaves his feet, prior to, or after contact. IMO in the Kesler hit he left his feet at contact. If the league wanted to be rid of dangerous hits like that they'd penalize any player who leaves his feet in an upward motion during a hit regardless of whether or not they've made contact.
Line was a heckuva lot more ambiguous back then (though guys like Marchment made a career was crossing well over even that line).

Old
11-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Clean hit IMO.
leaves his feet... dirty IMO

Old
11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
leaves his feet... dirty IMO
If you can definitively show me the point at which he leaves his feet before contact I'd be inclined to agree but you can't...just as I can't definitively say he didn't leave his feet prior to contact. It's that close, and in cases that close I tend to side with the hitter rather than the dummy skating with his head down...just as I think Rome's hit on Horton was clean. If its so close that you have to watch it in slow motion numerous times to get an indication of being dirty or not, I'll side on "clean" 9 times out of 10.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
If you can definitively show me the point at which he leaves his feet before contact I'd be inclined to agree but you can't...just as I can't definitively say he didn't leave his feet prior to contact. It's that close, and in cases that close I tend to side with the hitter rather than the dummy skating with his head down...just as I think Rome's hit on Horton was clean. If its so close that you have to watch it in slow motion numerous times to get an indication of being dirty or not, I'll side on "clean" 9 times out of 10.
I was speaking of "The Kronwall Style Hit" & not this one specifically.... should have been more clear on that. Also I don't really care enough to go on youtube & look up multiple videos trying to show when/where...etc You have your opinion on his hits, I have mine.

I just can't wait for Kronwall to get his bell rung, he really deserves it imo.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Canucker

Quote:
I was speaking of "The Kronwall Style Hit" & not this one specifically.... should have been more clear on that. Also I don't really care enough to go on youtube & look up multiple videos trying to show when/where...etc You have your opinion on his hits, I have mine.

I just can't wait for Kronwall to get his bell rung, he really deserves it imo.
If "Kronwall style hits" are taken from the game it will be a sad day.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Meh, I don't mind Kronwall's hits. He leads with his ass anyway.

Wish Edler would hit like that, or at least that often.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Meh, I don't mind Kronwall's hits. He leads with his ass anyway.

Wish Edler would hit like that, or at least that often.
he leads with the ass because there is less chance he is injured and less he feels it, but as far as the person being hit, the ass and back being thrown into you hurts just as much

its not as if he's doing it for the other player

Old
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
If "Kronwall style hits" are taken from the game it will be a sad day.
Good thing I didn't suggest that at all, huh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
he leads with the ass because there is less chance he is injured and less he feels it, but as far as the person being hit, the ass and back being thrown into you hurts just as much

its not as if he's doing it for the other player
I just really want to see him make the lead in & the player he is going to hit duck down for a hip check & make him fly over them backwards.

Hey Oiler fans who lurk our board:

Quote:
@TEAM1040
Imitation is the.....MT @jasongregor: "We've been trying to do same things the Sedin line does - starting to see success w/it."said @ebs_14
I guess they are going to start diving too!

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 11-27-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:

I just really want to see him make the lead in & the player he is going to hit duck down for a hip check & make him fly over them backwards.
I dont think anyone wants to see those hits gone, just want to see a penalty, especially when i see the canucks getting penalized every single time. hell watch game 1 of the canucks/kings playoff series, and thats PLAYOFF hockey

Kassian got a charging penalty for a solid check, lapierre got a penalty for a tiny bit of an overzealous shove

Maybe one day we can hope for some consistency

Old
11-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Canucker

Quote:

I never said you did, but its implied by a lot of people that he is a dirty hitter and there are a lot of creampuffs out there who want to take the dangerous elements out of full contact sports. Soon we'll be watching "Sarcastapuck" (for those who watch South Park).

Old
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I just remember being pissed that he didn't see that coming. Kronwall on the ice, and you're rushing towards the defensive blueline... should be enough to keep anyone's head up out there.
Can't always have your head up. Sometimes you get caught with it down - part of the game. More you do it, quicker you learn to keep it up before your career is over.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...1.html?refer=y

Josh Harding battling MS.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:31 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Oh man, that's tough to hear. Best of luck to him.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:22 AM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Quote:
Really shocked to hear that.
That's terrible news, especially for a goalie, who needs athleticism and fluid movements.

Good news is, he can probably receive the best care in the world, and hopefully his is not an aggressive form and it will remain dormant until the end of his career.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

mattsekeres:
Quote:
Am told by 2 NHL sources that #Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs forced employees to pay tax on 2011 Stanley Cup rings. About $7K per ring. Some support staff couldn't afford the tax up front, so players stepped up and covered the cost so they could get rings too.
Really Jacobs, really?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
mattsekeres:

Really Jacobs, really?
I think he's one of the "hardliner owners" (re: current NHL labor dispute); so one shouldn't really be surprised by this.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Tiranis

It's not all that surprising, but it is certainly disheartening. The fact that anyone is actually siding with the owners in all of this just shocks me. Big business owners are the last people you should trust in any dispute, they'll do anything to increase their profits — which apparently includes charging tax for Cup rings... *sigh*

Old
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It's not all that surprising, but it is certainly disheartening. The fact that anyone is actually siding with the owners in all of this just shocks me. Big business owners are the last people you should trust in any dispute, they'll do anything to increase their profits which apparently includes charging tax for Cup rings... *sigh*
Good on the Bruins players for paying the tax though...they gained a litle respect from me. But only a little...

Old
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Krnuckfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It's not all that surprising, but it is certainly disheartening. The fact that anyone is actually siding with the owners in all of this just shocks me. Big business owners are the last people you should trust in any dispute, they'll do anything to increase their profits which apparently includes charging tax for Cup rings... *sigh*
Greedy owners or greedy and stupid players, pick your poison.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnuckfan View Post
Charles Wang sends his regards....

Old
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnuckfan View Post
Actually it's more Greedy and Stupid owners vs Greedy players.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
mattsekeres:

Really Jacobs, really?
Shades of Dollar Bill!

Closed Thread