HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Kid was ON tonight:

https://twitter.com/antontibaldi

Note: That is the Vancouver play by play team.
He just looks so dominant out there. I can't wait for this kid to be a maple leaf; he's the complete package.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Gberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Kid was ON tonight:

wow.. slick moves, very agile, and can control the puck exceptionally well. That's definitely not the first announcers (from opposing teams) I've heard gushing over him. Maybe they liked him even more because he's from Vancouver?

Also important to note... Morgan Reilly (on a bad Moose Jaw team), still has not taken a minor penalty this year (just 5PIM from the 1 fight). Last season for his 18 + 5 playoff games, 1 minor penalty.

That's 1 minor penalty for his last 50 games...

Old
11-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Dark Knight
Draft Jared McCann!

Quote:
Kid was ON tonight:

Thanks for sharing those. I've never been this excited about a Leafs prospect since Tuukka Rask.

When this guy will be in the NHL I'm afraid he'll take a lot of focus away from Gardiner who is extremely talented in his own end, and we thought his talents alone were a breath of fresh air last season despite the team's performance. Rielly, IMO, is already better than Gardiner and I won't be a least bit surprised if he's the best overall player on the Leafs in his rookie year.

11-29-2012, 06:07 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Man I know it's early boys but I just went from 6 to midnight after watching that highlite package from last night. Jaw dropping. Love the giants commentators raving about him too. Nice way to kick start the day off thanks for the videos maplehawk

Old
11-29-2012, 06:10 AM
81snipe

vCash: 800
Love the highlights thanks @maplehawk, man is Morgan ever a beauty haha, just awesome to watch every time he's on the ice!

Old
11-29-2012, 06:48 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Yeah, great video put together there. The guy just has so much skill that it's impressive to watch. Could have even scored more in that game than the one goal.

Really isn't hard to get excited about Rielly.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Kid was ON tonight:

My god, he's like a fourth forward out there.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
He's like a 4th forward, yet if i'm not mistaken he has the best +/- on the team and hasn't even taken a single minor penalty...

Old
11-29-2012, 07:44 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Honestly looks like he's playing shinny hockey out there. Pretty impressive how easy it is for him to wheel around players like that at the WHL level. Pretty comparable, at least for me, how Taylor Hall use to play in Windsor (in terms of puck control).

11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

that was just awesome, reilly is a beauty, his puck control and skating is a treat to watch. can't wait too see him on canada, we will have a great team this year. lets go reilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gberg View Post
wow.. slick moves, very agile, and can control the puck exceptionally well. That's definitely not the first announcers (from opposing teams) I've heard gushing over him. Maybe they liked him even more because he's from Vancouver?

Also important to note... Morgan Reilly (on a bad Moose Jaw team), still has not taken a minor penalty this year (just 5PIM from the 1 fight). Last season for his 18 + 5 playoff games, 1 minor penalty.

That's 1 minor penalty for his last 50 games...
I noticed that he hadn't taken any so far this year, didn't know it extended to last year as well.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Honestly looks like he's playing shinny hockey out there. Pretty impressive how easy it is for him to wheel around players like that at the WHL level. Pretty comparable, at least for me, how Taylor Hall use to play in Windsor (in terms of puck control).
I think besides what you just mentioned, his killer instinct is next most impressive.

Just is constantly creating offense from nothing, and gets it done well. Gets an idea of what to do on offense, and is incredible at execution.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:39 AM
SteveV*

We haven't had a prospect like this for a long, long, long time. Wow.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
JVR2112

Morgan looks awesome. If anything, he can work on the accuracy of his shot a bit more. Seems like he prefers to pass first anyways.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Skating circles around junior players like that isn't exactly the best for his development.

He needs to play at a higher level, and soon.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
mapleleaf979

Watching that video above, Reilly's hands are incredible for a Defenseman. I didnt realize his hands were that phenomenal. Man can he skate himself out of trouble whenever he wants.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Badger Mayhew

Haven't been following Biggs much this year, is there any potential for him to become a Wayne Simmonds kind of player?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:14 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Haven't been following Biggs much this year, is there any potential for him to become a Wayne Simmonds kind of player?
Yes for sure, Id say higher potential than Simmonds. He plays that style. Simmonds for me brings value thats is under-rated. He is very dangerous screening goalies on the PP and banging in rebounds. Guys dont like standing there usually.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

My god...what a beauty. I just hope he continues this

11-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Rielly, IMO, is already better than Gardiner and I won't be a least bit surprised if he's the best overall player on the Leafs in his rookie year.
those are two incredible claims/projections. absolutely amazing.

we're really getting excited over a highlight package. i remember alex steen's amazing highlight reel goal in the sel before he came to north america. everyone was so excited, the superlatives used to describe steen's offensive potential were similar to what we see now.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Number13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Yes for sure, Id say higher potential than Simmonds. He plays that style. Simmonds for me brings value thats is under-rated. He is very dangerous screening goalies on the PP and banging in rebounds. Guys dont like standing there usually.
Simmonds basically just put up a 30 goal, 50 point campaign with 100+ pims, we would be lucky if Biggs is anywhere close to that. I love Biggs, but no way am I realistically expecting more of an impact than that.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Leafski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

we're really getting excited over a highlight package. i remember alex steen's amazing highlight reel goal in the sel before he came to north america. everyone was so excited, the superlatives used to describe steen's offensive potential were similar to what we see now.
Except of course this is a highlight package from only one game. What's more is that he does things like this nearly every game, and for the most part stands out and dominates most games. Couple that with the fact that he is very disciplined (barely gets any penalties), barely lost a step after missing nearly the entire last year, the constant mentions of his tremendous work ethic, as well as his performance in the NHL draft combine. There are other things i'm probably forgetting to mention as well. Regardless, one highlight reel goal ≠ all the things mentioned above. So is it really difficult to see why people are excited about him?

(i'll add though that some people are indeed taking it a bit too far, but to a certain extent you cannot blame them given all the crap we've been force fed over the last few years)

Old
11-29-2012, 02:26 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

Thanks for keeping us honest Frankie....

Old
11-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

What's funny is mckenzie has come out and say he might be the best of the crop atm with the way things are going and didn't think burke was farfetched calling him their first overall.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Just like I placed gardiner ahead of colborne on our prospect list the day we traded for him (against much objection), I placed Rielly ahead of Gardiner the day we drafted him.

I love Gardiner, but Rielly is better. Put them on the same team right now and they'd probably be similarly good, but it wouldn't be too long before Rielly passed him. The kid is special.

Closed Thread