HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Chi

Old
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Pekka Rinne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ya, the bad GA for CHI was because of their blueline and not their league worst goaltending.
You mean the goaltending like 40 games of Nikolai Khabibulin and 40 of Devan Dubnyk?!

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Eskimo44

After tonights game Martin Marincin's rookie AHL season is getting even more impressive.

16 games, 3 goals, 8 assists, 11 pts, +12, 10 PIM

6'5 and only 20 years old. Can skate very well and uses a great stick with his speed to make a lot of plays on the puck. Can be raw defensively at times but is still ahead of the curve for a 20 year old pro. Shows excellent offensive instincts in terms of pinching and getting the puck to the net, although can be overzealous at times in holding the zone. Excellent headman pass although he is prone to the odd turnover. Needs to be physically more consistent, but he can still be mean and shows the occassional glimpse of physical dominance (i.e. one game i saw him push two men off the puck in the corner and then shield the puck long enough to make a headman pass). A probable future top 4 option he has the skillset to be a top pairing guy if everything breaks well. A poor mans Tyler Myers who can anchor the 2nd pairing is my projection.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
MessierII

Way too high on Marincin to consider moving him. Probably our 3rd best D prospect behind Schultz and Klefbom at this point.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:18 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Way too high on Marincin to consider moving him. Probably our 3rd best D prospect behind Schultz and Klefbom at this point.
He definitely is. And I'm really high on Musil. Marincin would be the best prospect for multiple NHL teams

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:22 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
He definitely is. And I'm really high on Musil. Marincin would be the best prospect for multiple NHL teams
Watched Musil play the other night, rock solid D. Marincin, Klefbom, and Musil will have the left side lockup for the Oilers in the future. If Marincin can put on 20-30lbs, he would be scary.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 View Post
You mean the goaltending like 40 games of Nikolai Khabibulin and 40 of Devan Dubnyk?!
Dubnyk - 914sv%
Khabby - 910sv%

Crawford - 903sv%
Emery - 900sv%

I would take EDM's goaltending over CHI's any day of the week.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:

Oh my, what a pathetic argument!
Pretty much this, each and every time.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Pretty much this, each and every time.
Except your argument was that you go to the games. And then I point out another guy who goes to the games as well, who also completely disagrees with you, along with every other poster who has watched the Hogs this year.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:52 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
First off let me say i do not know Danault . But to use stats is not the tell all .
Lets look at Scott Steven,s Stats . They are not great . I would love to have a player like him on the Oiler,s . Now i am Not comparing Danault to Scott Steven,s . I am making a point stats do not tell all things . WHEN I DO NOT KNOW A PLAYER I TAKE THE OTHER TEAMS FANS WORD FOR IT , OF COURSE I KNOW ALL FANS OVER VALUE THEIR OWN PLAYERS A LITTLE .
hmm, might want to double check that

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Except your argument was that you go to the games. And then I point out another guy who goes to the games as well, who also completely disagrees with you, along with every other poster who has watched the Hogs this year.

Quote:

Oh my, what a pathetic argument!
This ^^^ is the crowning achievement in this thread.... along with Oiler fans pointing out how bad the Hawks defense was in comparison with the "awful" Oilers defense who allowed, I think one more goal. To which Nick Leddy, a complete turnstyle in his own zone even now while In the AHL, is mentioned as a top four defenseman when Marancin is being talked down into a bottom pairing guy when his recent and pretty much carrer suggests he is a top filght player.

Wait, did I mention Leddy is a puck moving defenseman? That this title gives him some sort of lee way in terms of actually, you know playing defense?

As of now, while in the AHL, Nick Leddy is only good on the power play and a complete bust down in his own zone...completely. A top four defenseman on a win now Hawks team by default only because the much better, higher priced player was shipped off. This phantom, almost Bizzaro type reality that each and every Hawk prospect will be some sort of ultra great player who just so happened to fall to the Hawks pick or was traded as some sort of steal by Stan Blowman makes me wonder just when some sort of make shift, hell bound elevator will suddenly pop up from out of the floor in my basement with Bill Wirtz himself being the doorman with a warm, helpful hand to direct me into some sort of abysmal purgatoury where none of the home games are televised on free television once again while the hackles on my neck stand up to his fiendishly sinister laugh.

Only on HF.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:37 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
After tonights game Martin Marincin's rookie AHL season is getting even more impressive.

16 games, 3 goals, 8 assists, 11 pts, +12, 10 PIM

6'5 and only 20 years old. Can skate very well and uses a great stick with his speed to make a lot of plays on the puck. Can be raw defensively at times but is still ahead of the curve for a 20 year old pro. Shows excellent offensive instincts in terms of pinching and getting the puck to the net, although can be overzealous at times in holding the zone. Excellent headman pass although he is prone to the odd turnover. Needs to be physically more consistent, but he can still be mean and shows the occassional glimpse of physical dominance (i.e. one game i saw him push two men off the puck in the corner and then shield the puck long enough to make a headman pass). A probable future top 4 option he has the skillset to be a top pairing guy if everything breaks well. A poor mans Tyler Myers who can anchor the 2nd pairing is my projection.
Good analysis of Marincin. He really needs to fill out that frame to make it at the nhl level. Saw him at development camp and he looked very skinny.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Bank Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nally View Post
You need Danault type players to win big games. Guy is worth more than his stats.
Yea, but the same thing was said about guys like Chipchura, O'Marra, the Oilers own Anton Lander.

Not saying Danault isn't going to live up to expectations and more, but most prospects fall far short of fan expectations.

I think the Oilers are at a point where they should not be trading for more prospects. The NHL Team is too young already. If they trade Marincin it should be in a package for an established 2/3rd line two way centre.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:38 AM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You might want to learn his name if you truly want him, Mark McNeill.
oh you totally burned him.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
This ^^^ is the crowning achievement in this thread.... along with Oiler fans pointing out how bad the Hawks defense was in comparison with the "awful" Oilers defense who allowed, I think one more goal.
..and then I posted the sv% of the goalies, which completely annihilates anything our goalies did last year. Keep grasping for straws Martini.

Leddy has scored ~40pts in his 2nd full season in the NHL. Sure, he wasn't a rock defensively, but he is only ?22?.

He has nothing left to prove in the AHL, but since you take the AHL play as gospel, I guess Adam Henrique will be a career AHLer too since he only has 8pts in 16GP.

I'm done with you, every poster that has watched the Hogs paly this year (whether it;s live or on TV doesn't much matter) completely disagrees with almost everything you say about our prospects. But you are the one that's right?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Southern Oil

Quote:
Dubnyk - 914sv%
Khabby - 910sv%

Crawford - 903sv%
Emery - 900sv%

I would take EDM's goaltending over CHI's any day of the week.
I do not watch enough of your games to comment on the goaltending in Chicago, so I will take your word for it. They weren't good enough. But I have to breakdown Khabby's numbers as I don't think your telling the whole story here.

Here are his breaks by month, W-L, SV%
- Oct, 5 - 0, 0.960
- Nov, 4 - 5, 0.918
- Dec, 2 - 5, 0.896
- Jan, 0 - 5, 0.893
- Feb, 1 - 1, 0.887
- Mar, 0 - 4, 0.887

Basically for about the first month of the season, he was an allstar. After that he really should not have been playing in the NHL. He's not an NHL goalie at this point and the fact that our GM hasn't done something about this is nuts IMO. I don't think they want to do that because it would be admitting that they made a mistake signing him to that contract in the first place.

What this does tell us however is that the assertion that the our defense is just crap and the only reason our GA numbers were similar last year was because of your goaltending - doesn't seem to pass the smell test to me. Maybe your GA would have been better than ours but much better than our number (if we had better goaltending as well)... don't think so.

Southern Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Oil View Post
I do not watch enough of your games to comment on the goaltending in Chicago, so I will take your word for it. They weren't good enough. But I have to breakdown Khabby's numbers as I don't think your telling the whole story here.

Here are his breaks by month, W-L, SV%
- Oct, 5 - 0, 0.960
- Nov, 4 - 5, 0.918
- Dec, 2 - 5, 0.896
- Jan, 0 - 5, 0.893
- Feb, 1 - 1, 0.887
- Mar, 0 - 4, 0.887

Basically for about the first month of the season, he was an allstar. .
Crawford and Emery were terrible ALL season, they didn't have an "all-star" type month....ever. Just imagine if we had EDM's defense, we probably would of finished last in the league in GA.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Crawford and Emery were terrible ALL season, they didn't have an "all-star" type month....ever. Just imagine if we had EDM's defense, we probably would of finished last in the league in GA.
About ****ing time you admitted it.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

The Oilers D was bad, but not that bad. The Oilers D was also riddled with injuries most of the year. Then there is the comment by Ken Dryden stating he was only as good as his D in front of him. Outside the Hawks top pair, which didn't have the best year, their D was questionable and on the soft side. The Hawks went out and got Oduya and resigned him, and signed Michal Rozsival, who's is questionable due to his injury history. From the looks of things, the Blackhawk management didn't think their D wasn't the best either.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Not sure if I've done it yet (I think I have?), but I admit it too.

You were right, I was wrong. Mea culpa.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
The Oilers D was bad, but not that bad. The Oilers D was also riddled with injuries most of the year. Then there is the comment by Ken Dryden stating he was only as good as his D in front of him. Outside the Hawks top pair, which didn't have the best year, their D was questionable and on the soft side. The Hawks went out and got Oduya and resigned him, and signed Michal Rozsival, who's is questionable due to his injury history. From the looks of things, the Blackhawk management didn't think their D wasn't the best either.
There's a big difference between thinking the D was "the best" and thinking it was noticeably better than Edmonton's.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Not sure if I've done it yet (I think I have?), but I admit it too.

You were right, I was wrong. Mea culpa.
Meh, sorry I was an A-hole about it the whole entire season, I just thought it was so obvious and that everyone would it see it my way but in fact, most didn't. That just made it worse coming from me. But knowing Bowman, he'll resign him again after the lockout despite the fact Emery has not played throughout the whole lockout (he should have been one of the first to sign somewhere IMO).

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Emery gets a pass because he is just the backup, a 900sv% for a back up is just OK. However, when coupled with the fact that we had the 4th worst starting goalie in the league makes it terrible. I have always said this.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:53 PM
WarriorofTime

I don't think I could point to a single game last year and say the Hawks Goalies won us a game.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Philly85
Moody'

who the hell is Philip Danault. Never even heard of him. Although I know Marincin, and also know he has been a rock for OKC in his first pro season. Has size, upside, all that good stuff.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:39 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
EDM passes.
Our defensive depth is really not that great. Marincin is already playing big minutes ahead of Teubert, Plante and Fedun. Gernat and Klefbom have missed a lot of time due to injuries and are a lot further away from suiting up for the Oil.

Danault is not the answer in EDM.. we need a C with size.
Uh Jujhar Khaira 6'4" 200 18 yr old

Fall 2010 he was 5'5" midget AA.
Made PG Spruce Kings BCHL
Fall 2011 6'2".
This fall 6'4"

Redline Report Draft: At Red Line, we believe this kid could be the biggest/best sleeper of the entire draft. Prince George is so far off the beaten path teams don’t even travel there for WHL games, much less BCHL contests, so he gets zero exposure. But this kid is big, mean, aggressive, nasty, and guess what… he can score too. Does the dirty work in the corners, bangs bodies and wins battles, and loves to initiate heavy contact. Powerful stride with great balance and gets leverage on his hits. Has surprisingly soft hands and puck skills with playmaking ability. Creates lots of space for smaller teammates and makes everyone braver. Very raw defensively.

Michigan Tech Heach Coach Mel Pearson: “I told our coaches before the weekend I thought JJ (Jujhar) made huge strides in how much better he was. He’s at a different level right now. We’re playing sophomores and freshmen against other team’s seniors, grizzled vets, and they’re doing a great job.”

1.4 PPG in 1st line minutes

1.3PPG fwd at 18 in NCAA
Schwartz
Schroeder
Toews
Kessel.

If he continues?

STU strikes Again!

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote