HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v22: Chuckers gonna chuck

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 11:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
If we get Shabazz I'm assuming we would switch Demar to SF?

Lowry
Shabazz
Demar
Davis
Val

Can Shabazz play SF too?
If that happens then it just makes the Ross pick ridiculously dumb.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
If that happens then it just makes the Ross pick ridiculously dumb.
With the Raptors looking worse and worse, why isn't Ross starting every game? Not just the one against the Grizz?

It does them no harm. Ross is such a raw player, but with more experience I think that people will see how explosive he can really be.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Thanks guys. I guess we'll see if Colangelo's able to live up to the standard Anthopolous has set for GMs in this town.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
With the Raptors looking worse and worse, why isn't Ross starting every game? Not just the one against the Grizz?

It does them no harm. Ross is such a raw player, but with more experience I think that people will see how explosive he can really be.
It's fine with me if Ross isn't starting right now as long as he still gets good minutes. I'd rather we slowly work him in and then have him be starter later in the season when he's feeling really comfortable and confident. Davis is a guy I wish was starting. Is that who you meant because Ross didn't start tonight, Davis did.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:43 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Good god no, folks. You keep Demar at the 2. Shabazz can play the three in the NBA. Give him time but you start him there and let him fill out. The kid is 6'6 with a 7 foot wing span and crazy athleticism. He has a huge motor and he'll be one of the hardest workers off the court. He'll fill out and be huge.

Lowry
Derozan
Shabazz
Who Cares
Val

I honestly hope we go after a banger like Glen Davis at the 4. Or even DeJuan Blair. But doubt it. Ed Davis might work too.

11-28-2012, 11:55 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Good god no, folks. You keep Demar at the 2. Shabazz can play the three in the NBA. Give him time but you start him there and let him fill out. The kid is 6'6 with a 7 foot wing span and crazy athleticism. He has a huge motor and he'll be one of the hardest workers off the court. He'll fill out and be huge.

Lowry
Derozan
Shabazz
Who Cares
Val

I honestly hope we go after a banger like Glen Davis at the 4. Or even DeJuan Blair. But doubt it. Ed Davis might work too.
This is why I asked lol. I barely know **** about bball prospects. Good to know he could play at the 3.

I keep seeing Shabazz, Noel and Zeller in the top 3, but do you know some other guys that might challenge them for a top 3 spot? What do you (or others) think of guys like Poythress, Gobert and McAdoo?

Old
11-29-2012, 12:08 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Old
11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
This is why I asked lol. I barely know **** about bball prospects. Good to know he could play at the 3.

I keep seeing Shabazz, Noel and Zeller in the top 3, but do you know some other guys that might challenge them for a top 3 spot? What do you (or others) think of guys like Poythress, Gobert and McAdoo?
McAdoo more then likely will fit into the top 10, but that might even be a stretch. Depends on the season he has.. Obviously that's the same with everyone. Since the Raps won't even have their pick (unless they trade for another one), he probably won't be on the radar, but would've helped this team in the future at the 3 spot. He can rebound at both ends and he's athletic. He can probably play some 4 similar to DeJuan Blair because he's only 6'9ish, big wingspan though and like I said a good athlete.

A person who could break up the charts is Otto Porter. He's a pretty good raw athlete playing at G-Town this year. Big frame already at 205. So it should be an interesting year of NCAA Basketball.

This is a really good draft for the Raptors to answer a hole at the three spot. A lot of the guys going in the top 10 are SF / PF guys. If we can trade Bargs + Calderon and some how get another 1st round pick. Somehow find a way to move up and snag some of these guys I'd be really pleased. I count about 6 decent SFs going in the top 20 of the draft. Biggest hole on the Raptors right now, specially if they can get a good rebounding / defensive 3. I'd die if somehow the Raps gave up their pick and still got Tony Mitchell.

Last edited by DirtyDion03: 11-29-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Cruiser008

Was just perusing Raptors stats. The biggest thing that jumps out at me is that your 6'0" point guard leads the team in rebounding.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008 View Post
Was just perusing Raptors stats. The biggest thing that jumps out at me is that your 6'0" point guard leads the team in rebounding.
Valanciunas would be, but he's had foul trouble a lot of the time and couldn't stay in the game for 30 minimum.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:30 AM
philb613

This draft absolutely sucks I don't want our pick. Even when this team tanks they do it in **** years. Next year a tank season would be worth it to get Wiggins, Shabazz is not going to be a superstar, good player may make an all star game or two but not somebody who's going to change the franchise, which is desperately what this team needs. This season is quickly going down the tubes Colangelo needs to be fired since taking over the team they've made the playoffs once, lost the only star player and had perpetual terrible seasons. This year there's no hockey and still nobody in the media seems to give a damn about the Raptors. It's insane that Colangelo has not taken serious blame for this. Casey too has a ton of responsibility the team folds in the 2nd half every god damn game, half time is to make adjustments the other teams seem to know how to do it, figure it out. And what kind of defensive coach lives and dies with soft players in bargs and calerdon who play no defense, there's no accountability.

Rant over

Old
11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008 View Post
Not a surprise, considering that our PF is incompetent as **** and thinks he's a shooting guard/small forward (Bargnani) and our C is a rookie.

I do like the aggression and drive in Val's game i think he'll be a good one. Bargnani on the other hand...

Old
11-29-2012, 12:01 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Rondo and Humphries fight hahaha

I don't know what to think of this. Doesn't that look like KG flopped? It looked like a gentle (unnecessary, sure) push from Humphries.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb613 View Post
This draft absolutely sucks I don't want our pick. Even when this team tanks they do it in **** years. Next year a tank season would be worth it to get Wiggins, Shabazz is not going to be a superstar, good player may make an all star game or two but not somebody who's going to change the franchise, which is desperately what this team needs. This season is quickly going down the tubes Colangelo needs to be fired since taking over the team they've made the playoffs once, lost the only star player and had perpetual terrible seasons. This year there's no hockey and still nobody in the media seems to give a damn about the Raptors. It's insane that Colangelo has not taken serious blame for this. Casey too has a ton of responsibility the team folds in the 2nd half every god damn game, half time is to make adjustments the other teams seem to know how to do it, figure it out. And what kind of defensive coach lives and dies with soft players in bargs and calerdon who play no defense, there's no accountability.

Rant over
I'm sorry but please explain to me how getting Dominic McQuire out of our starting line-up isn't going to help our team? Specially some one as good of a scorer and defender as Shabazz. It's the Raptors glaring hole and it has been for a while. He can defend and score at the 3, which the Raptors need. Specially if they are trading Andrea..

Old
11-29-2012, 01:55 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I'm sorry but please explain to me how getting Dominic McQuire out of our starting line-up isn't going to help our team? Specially some one as good of a scorer and defender as Shabazz. It's the Raptors glaring hole and it has been for a while. He can defend and score at the 3, which the Raptors need. Specially if they are trading Andrea..
Rumors on espn, is that Raps might sign Pietrus and release Maguire.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
I don't know what to think of this. Doesn't that look like KG flopped? It looked like a gentle (unnecessary, sure) push from Humphries.
That was a big flop from KG. Humphries definitely fouled him, but that was by no means a "hard foul" or something that should have put him to the floor.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Rumors on espn, is that Raps might sign Pietrus and release Maguire.
Pietrus is near the end of the line...he shot like 35 percent last year for the Celtics.

Closed Thread