HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v.23: The Return of Kyle Lowry

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 02:28 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 1394
v.23: The Return of Kyle Lowry

Proceed.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:05 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500

11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
why do you like him over Noel and Zeller?

Old
11-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
why do you like him over Noel and Zeller?
We already have two big men in Val + Davis (not even going to include Bargs). Shabazz is quite possibly the best fit for the Raps because he's a do-it-all swingman.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
We already have two big men in Val + Davis (not even going to include Bargs). Shabazz is quite possibly the best fit for the Raps because he's a do-it-all swingman.
I probably should have been more specific with my question. I was curious if he saw Shabazz as a clear number 1 or, if it's just because he is the better fit for us compared to the other 2. I've been checking multiple sites and some of Shabazz, some of have Noel and I've seen at least one with Zeller ranked 1 so I'm not seeing a clear #1 this year so far. If our scouts saw Noel as the clear #1 wouldn't it make sense to go with him even though we have Val and Davis? Depth at those positions could create trade options to fill other holes. Now if Shabazz is seen as equal to Noel then obviously it makes more sense for us to go with him.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
I probably should have been more specific with my question. I was curious if he saw Shabazz as a clear number 1 or, if it's just because he is the better fit for us compared to the other 2. I've been checking multiple sites and some of Shabazz, some of have Noel and I've seen at least one with Zeller ranked 1 so I'm not seeing a clear #1 this year so far. If our scouts saw Noel as the clear #1 wouldn't it make sense to go with him even though we have Val and Davis? Depth at those positions could create trade options to fill other holes. Now if Shabazz is seen as equal to Noel then obviously it makes more sense for us to go with him.
As much as people say "draft BPA" you really can't go wrong with Noel or Muhammad. Both play different positions, but if they were both there at our spot, either of them would be a good option. I just think rather than having to trade assets to fill the #3, we could just draft Shabazz and have a solid core to work with.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Zeller is a pretty much clear cut number 1 here. Heard a comparison to Aldridge, but he's more of a PF and not much of a C. Raptors have a need for Shabazz and could easily make him the #1.. But the Raptors could also make more of their asset if they get the #1 pick and trade and move down for an upgrade else where. Shabazz is definitely the target here.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Zeller is a pretty much clear cut number 1 here. Heard a comparison to Aldridge, but he's more of a PF and not much of a C. Raptors have a need for Shabazz and could easily make him the #1.. But the Raptors could also make more of their asset if they get the #1 pick and trade and move down for an upgrade else where. Shabazz is definitely the target here.
There's nothing clear cut about the top 3 draftees so far. All of them have a high chance at being picked first overall.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
There's nothing clear cut about the top 3 draftees so far. All of them have a high chance at being picked first overall.
Of course. And it's like that for a majority of drafts. All depends on teams needs and the draft order.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:09 PM
thatshype

Kentucky is playing now and I'm tuning in to see Noel and the rest of their supposed top-20 draft prospects. Seeing as the Raps are putting themselves into a position to draft #1-3, it might be worth checking out if you guys aren't busy. (*cough* First Row Sports *cough*)

Old
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Budsfan

Mickael Pietrus will sign with the Toronto Raptors

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ptors/1735947/

Quote:
Sam Amick, USA TODAY

To make room for Pietrus, the Raptors will likely release veteran small forward Dominic McGuire

Last edited by Budsfan: 11-29-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post

Colangelo is in desperation mode.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
thatshype

After watching Noel/Kentucky for the 1st half (and my first time seeing Noel at all), it's not surprising that scouts are drooling over his athleticism. He is VERY quick on his feet and is very active defensively. However, at least in this quarter, his activeness on D hasn't translated to being very effective at it. He's not rebounding all that well, and he's not stopping the opposition. He looks like the kind of guy that can potentially be an Elite NBA defensive player based on his quickness, but he looks to me (so far) like it won't happen in his rookie season.

Offensively he's a non-factor.

Quote:

Don't know much about him other than name recognition, but it'd be hard to make our team "worse", all things considered.

Last edited by thatshype: 11-29-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
After watching Noel/Kentucky for the 1st half (and my first time seeing Noel at all), it's not surprising that scouts are drooling over his athleticism. He is VERY quick on his feet and is very active defensively. However, at least in this quarter, his activeness on D hasn't translated to being very effective at it. He's not rebounding all that well, and he's not stopping the opposition. He looks like the kind of guy that can potentially be an Elite NBA defensive player based on his quickness, but he looks to me (so far) like it won't happen in his rookie season.

Offensively he's a non-factor.

Don't know much about him other than name recognition, but it'd be hard to make our team "worse", all things considered.
I don't know much about him either but if he signs on Friday he will likely play in Monday's game.

According to the article, Mickael Pietrus has been a career reserve player.

Quote:
The career reserve who shoots with range and is a quality defender has averaged 8.4 points and 3.1 rebounds in his nine-year career.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:45 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Pietrus is a really good defender. Something we need. He's a decent rebounder from the 3 as well. He's something the team is missing, but he's over the hill and injury prone. Hopefully he can come in and give some good defense and teach a few of the young guys a thing or two..

Old
11-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Budsfan

Raptors sign Pietrus

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have signed free-agent guard-forward Mickael Pietrus. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed. Dominic McGuire has been waived.

Tune into SPORTSNET 590 The FAN for the very latest, or visit SPORTSNET590.CA

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ckael_pietrus/

Last edited by Budsfan: 11-30-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

As I reported yesterday, however Eytinge said it wouldn't happen.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Any chance Colangelo gets fired?

Old
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
Any chance Colangelo gets fired?
You shouldn't be too soon to judge, poor Bryan has never worked for any one but his Daddy before he took over the Raptors, he needs time to learn on the job.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Time? What was the past 5 years like? He's done nothing substantial, and every year it seems we keep rebuilding. This season is no different.

Damien Cox is right.... he should feel some heat.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Grunwald>>>>>> Colangelo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Babcock

Old
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Pietrus is a really good defender. Something we need. He's a decent rebounder from the 3 as well. He's something the team is missing, but he's over the hill and injury prone. Hopefully he can come in and give some good defense and teach a few of the young guys a thing or two..
I didn't think he would be, but apparently he's going to play tonight.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Suntouchable13

The Raptors can't continue like this. What happens when the Leafs come back and they become a playoff team and the Raptors continue to suck? The Jays hopefully are going to become an annual contender, the Raptors can become the forgotten team in this city very fast if they don't turn this ship around. If the NHL was on right now, I would have tuned out the Raptors by now. Granted, I am not a Raptors fan first, or even second.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:45 PM
JVR2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
The Raptors can't continue like this. What happens when the Leafs come back and they become a playoff team and the Raptors continue to suck? The Jays hopefully are going to become an annual contender, the Raptors can become the forgotten team in this city very fast if they don't turn this ship around. If the NHL was on right now, I would have tuned out the Raptors by now. Granted, I am not a Raptors fan first, or even second.
The Raptors have their own fan base. They definitely had the opportunity to win over some fans but had some really bad luck out of the gate and the last few games have been blowouts.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:55 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bring back Jamario Moon

Closed Thread