HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2012, 03:07 AM
  #876
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo* View Post
We have/had one of those named Zuccerello. Torts doesn't like those players apparently so St Croix has no future here. Though obviously i think of Zucc more then just a 13th forward but i'll leave that alone in this thread.

It wasn't that Torts didn't like MZA, he just wasn't good enough. You could see him get pushed down with ease by the opposing players. He simply isn't strong enough for the NHL.

Notice that he didn't exactly set the KHL on fire either so far. If MZA had been a few inches taller, was a bit stronger and scored a little more, he'd have been on our second line.

I don't understand why so many people here hate St. Croix. The people who are Oil fans and watch him regularly like him. He's much taller than MZA and he's stronger, so if he manages to score 40+ points, Torts will like him just fine.

Beacon is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 08:40 AM
  #877
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,685
vCash: 1350
I'm watching a Minnesota game on TV. What number is Skjei?

McDonagh is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 08:52 AM
  #878
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,685
vCash: 1350
The game is on The Score if anyone in Canada is interested. Minnesota had a couple powerplays there so Skjei wasn't out there. He's number 2.

McDonagh is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 06:29 AM
  #879
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
Stats in post one are updated.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
  #880
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
That game from 6 weeks ago between HV71 and Luleć that was called midway through is being finished today. So we can add that eighth goal to Jesper's total finally.

They're playing a second game after they finish the first, it appears. Hopeully Fasth makes his actual return.

EDIT: Fasth is still out. Lindberg is in action, and Andersson is on the second pair in his game.


Last edited by nyr2k2: 11-27-2012 at 12:30 PM.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 11:52 AM
  #881
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
It wasn't that Torts didn't like MZA, he just wasn't good enough. You could see him get pushed down with ease by the opposing players. He simply isn't strong enough for the NHL.

Notice that he didn't exactly set the KHL on fire either so far. If MZA had been a few inches taller, was a bit stronger and scored a little more, he'd have been on our second line.

I don't understand why so many people here hate St. Croix. The people who are Oil fans and watch him regularly like him. He's much taller than MZA and he's stronger, so if he manages to score 40+ points, Torts will like him just fine.
The Rangers wanted MZA back, and they retained his rights. He was also working his way into the lineup and producing at the end of the year until he got injured. By the time he was healthy, it was kind of too late to throw him into the playoffs

If MZA had stayed healthy he might have secured a more reliable role and still be signed with the Rangers, but who knows. We really didn't get to see enough of him in the NHL long term because of various reasons

Levitate is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
  #882
Shyguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Lindberg was 0+2 when Skellefteć won 3-1 tonight, he also had most icetime of all fwds on his team.

Shyguy is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
  #883
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,420
vCash: 500
I really like Lindberg's development. I loved the trade when it happened and I still love it. He has always had offensive awareness but never been flashy. Defensively he understands the game well and is already very good in the face-off circle.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:37 AM
  #884
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,859
vCash: 500
Klefbom and Brodin are out of the WJC for Sweden. Does Andersson get some shot at making that team?

A Youtube feature on Andersson



Its in Swedish

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:41 AM
  #885
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,124
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Klefbom and Brodin are out of the WJC for Sweden. Does Andersson get some shot at making that team?
I hope so. Love to see him in some game action.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  #886
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
Jesper Fasth returned to HV71's lineup.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:58 PM
  #887
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Jesper Fasth returned to HV71's lineup.
Great!!! Good for him!!

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:12 PM
  #888
mattyd99
Registered User
 
mattyd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Jesper Fasth returned to HV71's lineup.
I could be wrong here but it seems like he's injured a lot. Not to start a big debate or argument but are these freak injuries or is he injury prone? By everything I read it looks like he could be a player, would be a shame if he's prone to injury.

mattyd99 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 06:33 AM
  #889
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
I could be wrong here but it seems like he's injured a lot. Not to start a big debate or argument but are these freak injuries or is he injury prone? By everything I read it looks like he could be a player, would be a shame if he's prone to injury.
Last season, he had the gruesome fall that broke his ankle. That was just a freak thing--he got pushed towards the boards, his skate got caught and he snapped the bone.

He's also had a concussion once and now the sprained shoulder. So it's really two "regular" injuries, one each season. He's still growing at 21 and needs to add strength, playing in a league primarily against grown men. IMO the injuries are a bit of a concern, but nothing to get overly worried about at this point.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
  #890
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Last season, he had the gruesome fall that broke his ankle. That was just a freak thing--he got pushed towards the boards, his skate got caught and he snapped the bone.

He's also had a concussion once and now the sprained shoulder. So it's really two "regular" injuries, one each season. He's still growing at 21 and needs to add strength, playing in a league primarily against grown men. IMO the injuries are a bit of a concern, but nothing to get overly worried about at this point.
I agree, but I would say that, rather than thinking he's injury-prone, the simple fact that he's missed large chunks of time at his age might be a bit of a concern. Only time will tell if it will have a long-term effect, though, so we'll have to wait and see.

007 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #891
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Will Fasth and Lindberg be in NA next year?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
  #892
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Will Fasth and Lindberg be in NA next year?
That is the expectation.

Zil is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
  #893
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,823
vCash: 2749
Anyone watching the BC-BU game?

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  #894
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Anyone watching the BC-BU game?
I am. Great hockey.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:30 PM
  #895
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Will Fasth and Lindberg be in NA next year?
Most likely. Lindberg is almost a certainty. Fasth is less certain but still likely.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
  #896
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Anyone watching the BC-BU game?
Definitely. I'm a BU alum.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
  #897
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
E Nixson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 878
vCash: 500
Oil kings are playing the Kootenay Ice tonight. Oil kings up 2-0 through 2 periods. St. Croix has the primary assists on both goals.

Saskatoon Blades are playing the Calgary Hitmen. Blades up 4-0 through 2 periods. McColgan has the primary assists on the second and third goals.

EDIT: Games end 2-0 and 4-0. Nice to see them getting on the board.

Someone mentioned earlier that if you combined St. Croix and McColgan you would get one hell of a prospect. It's amusing how true that is.


Last edited by E Nixson: 12-01-2012 at 01:37 AM.
E Nixson is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:19 PM
  #898
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
Oil kings are playing the Kootenay Ice tonight. Oil kings up 2-0 through 2 periods. St. Croix has the primary assists on both goals.

Saskatoon Blades are playing the Calgary Hitmen. Blades up 4-0 through 2 periods. McColgan has the primary assists on the second and third goals.
Good to hear McColgan is back and playing from that concussion.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:27 PM
  #899
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Good to hear McColgan is back and playing from that concussion.
IMHO McColgan will get a contract. I believe that he'll have a good career with whoever he's with.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM
  #900
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,942
vCash: 500
Boo Nieves scored tonight and had four shots.

Zil is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.