HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I wonder if they'll be doing the same for Frankie Corrado.
Hey, he's got a shot. The fact that he's even being mentioned among a plethora of first and second rounders (himself being a fifth rounder) is only good news for the Canucks.

And wait a sec...haven't we beaten you guys like seven years in a row or something?

Old
11-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Playing this game and probably listening to No Koi Yokan while I'm doing it.
You rule. Such a wicked album.

It's Koi No Yokan btw.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
You rule. Such a wicked album.

It's Koi No Yokan btw.
Bleh, I knew that. Long day at work. Rosemary is killer.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:45 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I'm as envious of Leafs fans for having Rielly as Leafs fans are envious of us Habs fans for having Galchenyuk.
Not envious at all of Galchenyuk and I'm a Leafs fan. I'm very happy with having a d-man of Rielly's calibre and I think he'll reach his potential and anchor the blue line for years.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
Galchenyuk > Rielly

We need a centre baaad, and we already have Gardiner who is a similar player to Riles. As far as potential, I'd say Galch and Rielly have similar upsides.

Last edited by JVReemer: 11-29-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 09:00 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
Galchenyuk > Rielly

We need a centre baaad, and we already have Gardiner who is a similar player to Riles. As far as potential, I'd say Galch and Rielly have similar upsides.
I'm speaking in terms of individual talents (Morgan Rielly and Alex Galchenyuk) and not team needs.

Right now, both Morgan and Alex don't look all that much different in terms of skill sets and the impact they could have at the professional level. In fact, I'd say they are equal but Morgan has been consistently great this year while Alex hasn't been that consistent.

Morgan is a wonderful prospect and I'm not envious of the Habs at all.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:05 PM
JVReemer

Quote:
I'm speaking in terms of individual talents (Morgan Rielly and Alex Galchenyuk) and not team needs.

Right now, both Morgan and Alex don't look all that much different in terms of skill sets and the impact they could have at the professional level. In fact, I'd say they are equal but Morgan has been consistently great this year while Alex hasn't been that consistent.

That's fair enough

Old
11-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Galchenyuk > Rielly

We need A center not necessarily that center. Besides we didn't have a choice, But if I was offed Galchenyuk for Rielly I'd respectfully decline.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
JVReemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
We need A center not necessarily that center. Besides we didn't have a choice, But if I was offed Galchenyuk for Rielly I'd respectfully decline.
I think that you will regret declining that offer in 5 - 10 years, But I could be wrong. Galchenyuk is going to be quite special..

Old
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
I think that you will regret declining that offer in 5 - 10 years, But I could be wrong. Galchenyuk is going to be quite special..
Never that Galchenyuk wasn't going to be good, I just like Rielly better as a prospect.

Also I find slightly strange that I have to sell Rielly to someone who sports him in their avatar. But this is HF, Weird things happen here.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:20 PM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
I'm glad you would, cause Gally is gonna be the steal of the draft.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:31 PM
JVReemer

Quote:
Never that Galchenyuk wasn't going to be good, I just like Rielly better as a prospect.

Also I find slightly strange that I have to sell Rielly to someone who sports him in their avatar. But this is HF, Weird things happen here.
Did I ever say I wasn't a fan? Did I ever give the impression I needed to be sold on him? I simply believe that a prospect who was picked two spots ahead of him only months ago happens to be the better prospect. I didn't know that liking a player meant that I had to whole heartedly believe he is better than everyone else around him.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensforLife View Post
I'm glad you would, cause Gally is gonna be the steal of the draft.
He can't be a steal at pick 3 bro.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:41 PM
JVReemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
He can't be a steal at pick 3 bro.
At which position do you think that a player could be considered a steal? I'd say no earlier than 12th..

In all seriousness a player can be a steal at 2nd overall. Malkin over Ovechkin certainly looks like a steal for Pittsburgh right now. As well as Jonathan Toews being selected third overall behind Erik Johnson and Jordan Staal.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
At which position do you think that a player could be considered a steal? I'd say no earlier than 12th..

In all seriousness a player can be a steal at 2nd overall. Malkin over Ovechkin certainly looks like a steal for Pittsburgh right now. As well as Jonathan Toews being selected third overall behind Erik Johnson and Jordan Staal.
I wouldn't call players redrafted within 2 spots of where they were actually drafted steals. Jamie Benn was a steal. Claude Giroux was a steal. And yeah, somehow I doubt Washington is kicking themselves for drafting Ovechkin 1 spot higher than Malkin.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Not to mention that up to this point ovy has had a better career than Malkin

Old
11-29-2012, 09:51 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:

Looking through Leafs coloured glasses. Galchenyuk has been consistently great since the first fiveish games. Rielly has been much more quiet this month on the scoresheet than last. Not saying Rielly is inconsistent but you just can't be much more consistent than Galchenyuk right now.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:54 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Looking through Leafs coloured glasses. Galchenyuk has been consistently great since the first fiveish games. Rielly has been much more quiet this month on the scoresheet than last. Not saying Rielly is inconsistent but you just can't be much more consistent than Galchenyuk right now.
Try watching games. Morgan Rielly has been excellent at both ends of the ice since the beginning of the year. He was every bit as good this month as he was at the beginning of the year.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

eh delete

Old
11-29-2012, 10:00 PM
JVReemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I wouldn't call players redrafted within 2 spots of where they were actually drafted steals. Jamie Benn was a steal. Claude Giroux was a steal. And yeah, somehow I doubt Washington is kicking themselves for drafting Ovechkin 1 spot higher than Malkin.
I guess it depends on your definition of a steal. I would define it as picking a player who has shown to be significantly better than many or all of the players drafted above him or around him. Regardless if they happen to be picked 3rd or 22nd. And I guess that was a bad example, I really dislike Ovechkin and undervalue him as a player.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:00 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
That and Moose Jaw is goddawful. Rielly hasn't been particularly less noisy, he's just had absolutely no help from his forwards. He still buzzes every game and had a decent showing at the SSS; I'm not concerned by a 3-points-under-PPG total.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Not worried about his production, the decline in his PPG was inevitable. He's been very consistent with his play, points or no points.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:26 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
That and Moose Jaw is goddawful. Rielly hasn't been particularly less noisy, he's just had absolutely no help from his forwards. He still buzzes every game and had a decent showing at the SSS; I'm not concerned by a 3-points-under-PPG total.
Moose Jaw isn't god awful, they are an average to below-average junior club. Rielly is a far above junior-aged talent, so unless he's playing on an elite team with many above-average players a lot of them are going to have trouble finishing his plays off. It doesn't make Moose Jaw a god-awful team - you shouldn't care about his points anyways, they rarely ever tell the whole story in junior. It's consistency of play at a high level that matters in terms of defending/creating/maintaining focus/conditioning.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Moose Jaw isn't god awful, they are an average to below-average junior club. Rielly is a far above junior-aged talent, so unless he's playing on an elite team with many above-average players a lot of them are going to have trouble finishing his plays off. It doesn't make Moose Jaw a god-awful team - you shouldn't care about his points anyways, they rarely ever tell the whole story in junior. It's consistency of play at a high level that matters in terms of defending/creating/maintaining focus/conditioning.
Without Rielly the teams among the worst....

Old
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
sharks9

Quote:

Consistently great?

I didn't realise going from 18 points in your first 14 games to 7 in your last 14 was being consistently great.

Galchenyuk on the other hand had 16 in his first 13 and 23 in his next 12. So not consistent, but that's just because he keeps getting better.

Closed Thread