Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
dansk55

vCash: 500
in relationship to trades, I don't think anyone wantsto be traded. Once you build the kinship, you just want to be on a winning team, and that does not always need to be a championship team. Of course, other facts do enter the picture.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Sempron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
in relationship to trades, I don't think anyone wantsto be traded. Once you build the kinship, you just want to be on a winning team, and that does not always need to be a championship team. Of course, other facts do enter the picture.
well obviously we have 'other facts' but i think its only one fact around here. because several have wanted out and a few more are rumoured to want out. most recently hottot.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempron View Post
dont think hes disapointed about not being in sarnia any more weather or not we have o/a available now. would you? i was told he was very happy up there and he has made the most of his new situation and on a very good team to. much better situation for him.
I agree totally. Again I asked the ? Because of goalmouths post. It was retorical, sacarstic whatever. Of course he's better off not bein in that mess.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
aresknights

Quote:
well obviously we have 'other facts' but i think its only one fact around here. because several have wanted out and a few more are rumoured to want out. most recently hottot.
Hottott yes, and prolly a few others. Moves will be made.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:29 AM
StungbySting

If anyone is interested in seeing a previous Sting captain today, Ryan Wilson will be skating with the team at 3:30pm

Old
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

this team needs all players to check there egos at the door.this is biggest problem this team has year after year after year.then and only then will they be successful.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
this team needs all players to check there egos at the door.this is biggest problem this team has year after year after year.then and only then will they be successful.
Youd think if the problem happens year after year with different players, maybe it isnt the players....

Old
12-02-2012, 09:03 AM
honey bee

Great weekend for the Sting so far, congrats to Alex and Reid. Their line with Charlie is really clicking. Let's hope it continues today in Oshawa, a winning streak is a great way to end the first half of the season. Keep it going, boys.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:19 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
Not sure what team you have been watching. Only 3 players with an ego problem,Hottot who is gone,DeAngelo and Basso.DeAngelo is playing poorly to me.Lots of stupid penalities and getting pead off about stupid stuff.Basso and deAngelo still haven't learned when to pass the puck.They only pass it when they are in trouble or the forwards are covered.Hats off to Sarault for his classy move to give Gali the puck last night for the hat trick.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
hardoil3232

trading date line

are the sting buyers heard jb wants to go for mc

Old
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
If the Sting don't sell, I would hope they are a buyer in some way shape or form and take advantage of having a top OHL forward+quality goalie.

Just adding a solid 2nd or 3rd line forward could help a lot and would reduce some of the pressure on the big line's shoulders.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:07 PM
attackfan71

if the sting are sellers then i really hope dale degray takes a long look at what it would take to get galy. im big believer that we are only missing one maybe two offensive weapons to go all the way again this year.i konw it would take alot to get him but it would be worth it to watch another banner get hung at the lumley bayshore

Old
12-02-2012, 11:44 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Personally, I don't see them selling especially if Galchenyuk is stating out. I'd like to see them make a play at Soo Greyhounds defenseman Ryan Sproul or Adam Pelech or maybe a Colin Miller type. It could be expensive but it's the type of player they need (aka D)

It's great to see Sarnia beat a top notch Eastern Conference team like Oshawa on home ice. This Galchenyuk/Sarault/Boucher line has been great

Old
12-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Canuck71

looking at the shots stats of the game in Oshawa it looks like JP Anderson stood on his head and pulled out a huge victory. Sarnia outshot 42-16, huge win!

Old
12-03-2012, 05:04 AM
tommy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Personally, I don't see them selling especially if Galchenyuk is stating out. I'd like to see them make a play at Soo Greyhounds defenseman Ryan Sproul or Adam Pelech or maybe a Colin Miller type. It could be expensive but it's the type of player they need (aka D)

It's great to see Sarnia beat a top notch Eastern Conference team like Oshawa on home ice. This Galchenyuk/Sarault/Boucher line has been great

Great weekend by the Sting and great play as of late by Reid Boucher, he's certainly making up for a slow start. Nice to see Charlie Sarault move his way into the top 10 points aswell.

I also don't see the sting being sellers at the deadline. Even if they are a middle of the pack team at that time, ownership will want to make any possible push to make it past the first round of the playoffs and will instead be buyers. The obvious hole to fill is an experienced rounded D-man. Somebody to compliment Murphy and take some of the weight off of Basso would certainly help Anderson out. DeAngelo poses some great talent, but is somebody I'd be willing to part with to make a deal happen. Some names out there to consider that are currently on struggling teams are;Cody Cici(67's), Frank Corrado(wolves), Adam Pelech(Otters) or a pair a of Petes worth a look are Koekoek and Trojanovic. These names will become hot commodities come deadline so the price will likely be one to cringe at future wise, but would certainly benefit the team for a playoff run.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:43 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
looking at the shots stats of the game in Oshawa it looks like JP Anderson stood on his head and pulled out a huge victory. Sarnia outshot 42-16, huge win!
JP did steal 2 games this weekend.I watched the Petes and Oshawa games and he stood on his head both games.Oshawa goalies allowed 2 flukes but hey they all count.The Sting looked exhausted against Oshawa but the boys blocked a pile of shots and held on for the win. Gali line looked awsome also.Hats off to Sarault, Boucher and Gali.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post

Selling or buying can have mixed blessings. If we buy, we have nothing left in the tank for next year and we are back to square one and rebuild yet again. Are we MC bound, doubt it. We have no assets to sell in order to buy. Really, what does a Renaud, or Diapolo or Latta fetch? First of all, you never sell Sarault. Heart and soul of this team. The other two linemates are good, but without him, IMO, the team goes into a death spiral. Again, MO.
If you sell... you gotta sell and build for future. If we go on a losing streak, we could fall from the playoffs. With Gali, Murphy and Bouch going to the worlds perhaps, that could easily happen.

I can see K making a play for Sarault and one Murphy...they are missing a couple of pieces to their puzzle and a lot closer than we are. and they won't be back next year...
Not selling could be reminiscent of The Miller Years when he bought and we went south. Again... only ranting... and seeking comments.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
BoxerMax

The Sting got lucky on the road this weekend. They were out played both games. No idea how JP wasn't 1st star in both games. He was the only reason the Sting won.

I was a little disappointed that Mathers wouldn't fight Dipaolo in the 3rd period Saturday night. Would have really liked to see how Dipaolo was against him.

All in all, great weekend for the Sting.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
krauss72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
Selling or buying can have mixed blessings. If we buy, we have nothing left in the tank for next year and we are back to square one and rebuild yet again. Are we MC bound, doubt it. We have no assets to sell in order to buy. Really, what does a Renaud, or Diapolo or Latta fetch? First of all, you never sell Sarault. Heart and soul of this team. The other two linemates are good, but without him, IMO, the team goes into a death spiral. Again, MO.
If you sell... you gotta sell and build for future. If we go on a losing streak, we could fall from the playoffs. With Gali, Murphy and Bouch going to the worlds perhaps, that could easily happen.

I can see K making a play for Sarault and one Murphy...they are missing a couple of pieces to their puzzle and a lot closer than we are. and they won't be back next year...
Not selling could be reminiscent of The Miller Years when he bought and we went south. Again... only ranting... and seeking comments.
We are not deep enough to legitimately contend imo. One top notch line, one good goalie, a couple good d and not much in the cupboard or others worth much in trades and one injury away from a spiral. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results. I to would love a long po run but do agree we have made this mistake before in the not so distant past. Most would agree we don't want to go down that path again. Some tough decisions to be made. Short sightedness v planning for the future.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
krauss72

OHL player of the week, congrats Sarault!

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...he-week/133095

Old
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

It will definitely be a tough decision. That's for sure and I hope the fans back the final decision because there's pros and cons for both. If its me, I'm selling. But I'm guessing they don't especially since Sting management has stated that they will not trade Galchenyuk (I'm not saying its the right move but it's a sign of respect to AG who has done a lot for Sarnia)

In the end, if I know the Sting fan base well enough...I fully expect them to come down hard on whatever decision management makes. I won't be one of them.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
lazyboy

Put me 100% in the sell column.
The cupboard is relatively bare going forward with so many key departures after this year.
Furthermore can anyone really make the legitimate argument for a significant playoff run with so many powerhouses in the western conference this year? Can they win a round? Certainly anything is possible, but more than that is the stuff fairy tales are made of. So that should rule out buying as an option. The team as it presently stands 'could' upset a top seat so there is no need to buy if one round win is your realistic objective.
I can live with stand pat, I prefer to be a seller and for the record will be quite peeved if they become buyers.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
StungbySting

I'm all in for being a seller too...the team has been a lot of fun to watch this year, but the future after this season looks weak...I'm sure trading Murphy, Boucher, Sarault and Anderson would set the franchise up for the next 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if Gally asked for a trade too if the 4 players I mentioned above got traded.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Sempron

could be wrong but i think someone has a ego problem and wont be able to pull the plug and sell. its more about his perceaved reputation than teams best interest in the future even though he should have learned from london.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
hardoil3232

sting

Quote:
could be wrong but i think someone has a ego problem and wont be able to pull the plug and sell. its more about his perceaved reputation than teams best interest in the future even though he should have learned from london.
how many year contract does jb have jb will trade sting assets for a shot at mc

Closed Thread