HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NCAA Football Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

vCash: 500
Seriously? You have a ****in eon and a timeout and you rush a play and do that?

Talk about ******** a battery acid and lime juice soaked salt turd into the wounds of New Jersey Rutgers.

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:53 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

lol wow what a way for Rutgers to lose their BCS hopes.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:55 PM
NjDevsRR

What a massive choke job. I knew it when they lost to Pitt last week.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:56 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Seriously? You have a ****in eon and a timeout and you rush a play and do that?

Talk about ******** a battery acid and lime juice soaked salt turd into the wounds of New Jersey Rutgers.
The funny thing is when they were getting the play off I was impressed how quickly they got back up to the line. Then they do THAT, only needing about 25-30 more yards with almost a minute remaining.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:56 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

I feel like I've been cheated out of what should've been an exciting finish to the game.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:57 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
I feel like I've been cheated out of what should've been an exciting finish to the game.
This is life as a Jets/Rutgers fan Other than two years under Rex, but even the Steeler AFC Championship game they no-showed in the first half when they should have made the Super Bowl.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
lol wow what a way for Rutgers to lose their BCS hopes.
Yeah but you know what? I'd rather blow out now than get my hopes up for a ****ing month convincing myself we'd stand a chance in the BCS This team has issues left and right and a rookie head coach in Flood did a solid job but still:

Nova is Nova
We are undisplined as ****
Our defense is really really bad at the worst ****ing times.

The kicker is this was our one shot, maybe next year we win the Big East outright but who the **** cares? That's like pretending you're retarded to win a gold in the special olympics. No way the Big East gets an automatic BCS bid next year, so on we go to be the doormat of the Big Eleventyteen

Old
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
What a massive choke job. I knew it when they lost to Pitt last week.
You had to know it all year, and for this game to be the complete opposite of all games so far, you just knew.....

We relied on 3rd quarter adjustments to fix slow ass starts combined with completely undisciplined football all year long, and it worked against the sub par caliber teams we played. But you can't keep having those same mistakes....and when you go up early on big plays like we did tonight, that usually spells doom because you get complacent. Which is exactly what happened. How many ****ing 3rd and longs did we get absolutely gashed on tonight, by a ****ing cripple no less. How many times did we find ourselves in throwing situations on 3rd down and still throw into coverages of 9 guys dropping back, NINE!!! And we couldn't even hold a pocket against two pass rushers!!! Pathetic from to bottom, two big plays made this game look respectable on the score sheet, anyone watching knows we just got our **** pushed in by the ***** of the yard.

**** of way to go out.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
apice3*

Awful officiating tonight. I have no idea how the lineman was downfield, looked clean to me. The personal foul for hitting a guy running full speed on the sideline and barely stepping out is a joke. Then there was a sick catch on the sideline in the 3rd quarter that somehow didn't get reviewed EVEN AFTER A TIMEOUT.

Couple that with two awful drops by Wright and a Sanchez moment from Nova and the game is over.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Yeah but you know what? I'd rather blow out now than get my hopes up for a ****ing month convincing myself we'd stand a chance in the BCS This team has issues left and right and a rookie head coach in Flood did a solid job but still:

Nova is Nova
We are undisplined as ****
Our defense is really really bad at the worst ****ing times.

The kicker is this was our one shot, maybe next year we win the Big East outright but who the **** cares? That's like pretending you're retarded to win a gold in the special olympics. No way the Big East gets an automatic BCS bid next year, so on we go to be the doormat of the Big Eleventyteen
I wanted to see at least some OT magic between these two teams tonight. And I don't think a Big East team could do any worse in the BCS than UConn did in the Fiesta Bowl.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:07 PM
apice3*

That choke job does not happen under Schiano, I guarantee that.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:09 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Those are the moments when I don't know who to blame.

When I've played football, I know they did a lot of these things. They do the optional routes, and just a miscommunication, none of us will know if the WR was supposed to go upfield or not. Just sucks that the game has to end like that, it really does.
If the play was an out route, Nova ****ed up throwing the wrong way.

If the play was a streak, Nova ****ed up calling that play.

Nova wasn't bad tonight, but that pass was putrid.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

They had the game won, very disappointing that they found a way to lose again.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
That choke job does not happen under Schiano, I guarantee that.
It did happen to Schiano. Other Rutger teams better than this crapped the bed in the most unlikely spots. How quick people forget the loss to UConn last year when they could have had a share of the Big East THEN. Or the losses to Cinci and WVU after the Louisville 'miracle' win, when just winning one gets them the Big East.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Yeah Schiano had the same talent pool to work with and had similar results. Granted he really got them to where they are now and I love what he's doing in Tampa, he's a solid solid coach, but it still comes down to talent and recruiting.

With the size this team has at WR, they need a QB who just needs to put the ball at a spot, a spot that is a good foot higher than all of the secondary combined. Nova isn't that guy. It also helps if Tim ****ing Wright catches the goddamned ****ing ball!!!

Old
11-30-2012, 07:37 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

so pissed about that choke job last night. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I couldn't catch the game so when I got to the bar late I asked these guys what they happened and they were telling me and I honestly couldn't believe them at first.

damnit.

Jersey Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Devils Pride 26
BrickCityHockey*****

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS?

The crowd was ELECTRIC last night, the WHOLE stadium was standing on the bleachers. What a nightmare after the fake fg td got called back.

Ranks right up there with Game 7 Carolina 09. WHY?!

Devils Pride 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It did happen to Schiano. Other Rutger teams better than this crapped the bed in the most unlikely spots. How quick people forget the loss to UConn last year when they could have had a share of the Big East THEN. Or the losses to Cinci and WVU after the Louisville 'miracle' win, when just winning one gets them the Big East.
They didnt choke against wvu. Wvu was a much better team than rutgers even if the rankings said otherwise. Pretty sure the cinci loss came afterwars and who cares at that point.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
They didnt choke against wvu. Wvu was a much better team than rutgers even if the rankings said otherwise. Pretty sure the cinci loss came afterwars and who cares at that point.
Nope, Cinci was the week before WVU and they would have won the Big East just with that game, as it worked out. And WVU had their backup QB playing.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:36 PM
HenriquesJawLine

That was the most heartbreaking game I have ever been to in my entire life. The atmosphere was amazing, the stadium was rocking and it had to end like that? Now we don't have a game for another month, this will be hard to get over.

HenriquesJawLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Predictions, Bama vs Georgia?

Alabama-38
Georgia-24

Working in the Piscataway area yesterday, there were a lot of long faces.
Rutgers loss was heart wrenching for many.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
If the play was an out route, Nova ****ed up throwing the wrong way.

If the play was a streak, Nova ****ed up calling that play.

Nova wasn't bad tonight, but that pass was putrid.
No, it was probably a conditional or whatever they call it, route. The wide receiver is supposed to read the corner and the safety, if the corner plays him tight, he tries to accelerate and beat him to the outside, if the corner backs off, he goes the out route.

What it seems like is Nova wanted his WR to go for the streak, but his wide receiver wasn't on the same page as him. Had the WR been on the same page as him, he probably could've blow past the CB and caught that ball in stride.

****** way to go down, but I'm not sure the blame for that can be placed entirely on Nova, but then again, we will never know what the play was supposed to be.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Nope, Cinci was the week before WVU and they would have won the Big East just with that game, as it worked out. And WVU had their backup QB playing.
In that Cincinatti game, the CB would just tackle our WR when they had clear touchdowns on a deep play. I remember at least three or four times they did that, and settle for the 15 yard penalty as opposed to the touchdown.

If it wasn't for that, Rutgers probably would've won that game.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
No, it was probably a conditional or whatever they call it, route. The wide receiver is supposed to read the corner and the safety, if the corner plays him tight, he tries to accelerate and beat him to the outside, if the corner backs off, he goes the out route.

What it seems like is Nova wanted his WR to go for the streak, but his wide receiver wasn't on the same page as him. Had the WR been on the same page as him, he probably could've blow past the CB and caught that ball in stride.

****** way to go down, but I'm not sure the blame for that can be placed entirely on Nova, but then again, we will never know what the play was supposed to be.
Yeah it's an option route.

I think the WR was Coleman. He make the right read because he was wide open when he cut. CB was 10 yards off of him.

Plus, Nova should know the situation. It's 1st down at the 50 with a minute left and a timeout, down 3. There's plenty of time but the defense is going to be playing either cover 3 or cover 4. It's a very basic read in a very crucial moment. That play is all on Nova.

The only way the throw isn't on Nova is if the playcall was purely a streak (no option) and Coleman ran the wrong route. And if that's the case, the play call is on Nova. A streak isn't what you want in that situation at all.