HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2013-14 Season

Old
11-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Price 89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
"Stockeying" doesn't mean Rebound Goal. "Stockeying" is essentially "glitching". I'm not saying dont go on breakaways (even though its only possible due to a flaw with EA). Im just saying that you have to stop doing the same move every time. There's no way to justify it. You have ZERO diversity in your game and its not fun for anyone to play against.

Just like there's plenty of other ways to not score on the rush by doing a Stockey rebound, there's plenty of other ways to score on the breakaway that isn't your stupid little deke. Just like i dealt with Stockey, i'm dealing with you. Stockey was told that if he didn't stop over-abusing rebound goals then he'd be out of the league. If you dont stop over-abusing that little "Best In the World" deke then you're going to be out of the league.
So before I get the boot for nothing, define abuse? I personally think is ridiculous but go ahead

Oh and btw against van I didn't score 11 out of 13 one way. The guy is full of crap. Every gwg I have was either a slapper or wrister. He's overexageratting cause he lost. He tied me up every face off every single game of series is that abuse? I would love to be enlightened

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Gentlemen gentlemen gentlemen.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:36 PM
avsfan89

Avalanche starss

game 7

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
So before I get the boot for nothing, define abuse? I personally think is ridiculous but go ahead

Oh and btw against van I didn't score 11 out of 13 one way. The guy is full of crap. Every gwg I have was either a slapper or wrister. He's overexageratting cause he lost. He tied me up every face off every single game of series is that abuse? I would love to be enlightened
Based on my experiences with you, and from feedback from a lot of other GMs, i believe Vancouver more than i believe you.

I already defined "abuse" to you. I told you exactly what you do, how you do it, and why its "abuse". If you're confused, re-read my old posts. I'm not typing it out again.

I have to play Sensi in the "Sitwell League" and show him how a REAL Commissioiner plays NHL 13

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Game 5: Dallas 8 - Colorado 3
Game 6: Dallas 2 - Colorado 5 (Malkin gets ejected early for boarding)
Game 7: Right Meow.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Based on my experiences with you, and from feedback from a lot of other GMs, i believe Vancouver more than i believe you.

I already defined "abuse" to you. I told you exactly what you do, how you do it, and why its "abuse". If you're confused, re-read my old posts. I'm not typing it out again.

I have to play Sensi in the "Sitwell League" and show him how a REAL Commissioiner plays NHL 13
Maybe I'm stupid but if I go on breakaway four times in a game and score two like that is it abuse? It's 50%. To me abusing some thing would 75%-100% of the time.

But now it's anyone word vs mine, and you'll always take there side, is that fair? I could be thrown out because someone just doesn't like losing and states i did that when I didn't at all?

Anyways goodnight everyone!

Old
11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Shout out to NYI, that was a hell of a series. Great defense, both goalies shined for the most part, and some beautiful transition play. Honestly, I feel like this series was won in the neutral zone as weird as that sounds lol. And I also really feel I learned a lot from you about positional defense, how to not back up on oncoming forwards, and being patient and waiting for the right moment to strike.

Game 3 was key to the series for me - back and forth all game tied with 10 seconds left, and my dman was able to jump into the rush late and lean into a one timer that Lehtonen would probably like to have back.

NYI did a hell of a job containing Ovechkin so I had to defer to Backstrom who really stepped up this series and showed he can be elite. Playing Kane's second line more really gave Ovi more jump, I forgot how the guy can fly on full stamina. Most importantly tho, the entire defense core of Carlson Alzner Orlov Larsson were the heros in this one and clutch as hell.

All in all, great series man. Heart was racing every game, got butterflies watching the pregame intros. This is definitely the heart of this game. I promised myself I wasn't gonna get too into it after losing to Winnipeg last year, but low and behold, game one, here I am jumping around the room like a gorilla after every goal and flailing my hands yelling at Luongo every goal against. At one point in game 5 I was breaking down the ice on an odd man rush and my gf was baking cookies and brought one right in front of my nose and I didn't even notice it was there haha. Glad I got to play ya NYI, look forward to our games next year and continuing this rivalry!

Now to start working on how the hell to beat that beast of a goalie Markstrom enough times to win 4 games. Gonna raise his stats in game and get to work in practice mode to see if there's any way to beat this guy.

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 11-29-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Maybe I'm stupid but if I go on breakaway four times in a game and score two like that is it abuse? It's 50%. To me abusing some thing would 75%-100% of the time.

But now it's anyone word vs mine, and you'll always take there side, is that fair? I could be thrown out because someone just doesn't like losing and states i did that when I didn't at all?

Anyways goodnight everyone!
This isn't my fight but technically what you just said is you do the best in the world deke 100% of the time on breakaways. that would be considered the abuse.... regardless of whether you scored or not.

its like when I was doing the rebound goals (at the time).... regardless of whether it worked or not it was still pissing people off because they claimed it was the "only thing I had"

essentially, booty is saying you cant do **** without it.

Last edited by Stockey: 11-30-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:54 PM
avsfan89

okay dallas, easy with the glitch goal

Old
11-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
This isn't my fight but technically what you just said is you do the best in the world deke 100% of the time on breakaways. that would be considered the abuse.... regardless of whether you scored or not.

its like when I was doing the rebound goals (at the time).... regardless of whether it worked or not it was still pissing people off because they claimed it was the "only thing I had"

essentially what booty is saying you cant do **** without it.
Now this makes more sense to me but still one thing bothers me. I go on 4 breakaways. I use it twice and score twice. other Two times I do something different, and miss. Is that abuse?

If you ask me no, what's ur opinion?

Old
11-29-2012, 11:56 PM
avsfan89

Welp the Avalanche lose in an Epic game 7. The Avs blow a 2-0 lead. I am utterly disappointed I lost in such a fashion that both Dallas' winning goal and go ahead goal were the exact same manner and degree.

I look forward to next season.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:00 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Now this makes more sense to me but still one thing bothers me. I go on 4 breakaways. I use it twice and score twice. other Two times I do something different, and miss. Is that abuse?

If the success rate is only 50% I'm sure you can come up with another move that has a 50 percent success rate as well. Perhaps slam on the breaks and pull a different move instead?

I know how you feel after having to change my play up due to the Ovi rule, sometimes it just feels like the commish is out to get you. But at the end of the day we've gotta believe all Fuss is trying to do is keep this the most enjoyable league for everyone, even if it means bordering on that gray line of unfair for a few guys if it's for the greater good.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:01 AM
HaroldDruken

vs.

GAME SEVEN
Dallas 6 - Colorado 4

Old
11-30-2012, 12:03 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
vs.

GAME SEVEN
Dallas 6 - Colorado 4
great series, I hope you enjoyed that cheap victory though. anything to win right?

Old
11-30-2012, 12:04 AM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Welp the Avalanche lose in an Epic game 7. The Avs blow a 2-0 lead. I am utterly disappointed I lost in such a fashion that both Dallas' winning goal and go ahead goal were the exact same manner and degree.

I look forward to next season.
Good series dude. You're a heck of a player. And just for the record, in our series I did my "glitch goal" A LOT less than you did yours

Old
11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Jsolari11

Quote:

I have to side with detroit on this cuz in this game theres really only 2 ways of scoring on the break away that actually work. And in a playoff game why not go with something that works? Its not his fault that he gets so many break aways.

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Good series dude. You're a heck of a player. And just for the record, in our series I did my "glitch goal" A LOT less than you did yours
ouch

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:07 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm going to advance now. Get your games in tonight if you can!

Harold I'm going to bed. School in the AM. Ill message you tomorrow to set up our games.

Ill deal with this Detroit nonsense tomorrow as well. Good night everyone

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
avsfan89

Quote:
If a goal must be a glitch, I'd at least prefer it if you didn't score the same kind of goal consecutively, especially in a tie game heading into potentially ot in a game 7. There's nothing I can do now though. You're a great player too. You just need a bit more variety. When you had that opportunity I knew exactly what you were going to do. I was actually going to see if you had any decency in you when you were heading to your 6th goal to see if you would for courtesy change the shot style since you had the lead. Nope. same goal.

Old
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post
I have to side with detroit on this cuz in this game theres really only 2 ways of scoring on the break away that actually work. And in a playoff game why not go with something that works? Its not his fault that he gets so many break aways.
Thanks Solari, I will report ppl who score like that on breakaways too I guess. Hopefully I won't lose every game cause of a goal like that now, because I'm restricted and they are not, deeming it to be unfair

Old
11-30-2012, 12:08 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Can I ask what this goal was between Dallas and Colorado that is in question?

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Jsolari11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Can I ask what this goal was between Dallas and Colorado that is in question?
I believe its the backhand forhand shortside goal on the break away

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:11 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Ya i dont get the problem either, i find it easier when my opponent does the same thing over and over, i know exactly how to stop him...saying EA is stopping you from stopping him is kinda lame lol change ur defensive style of play vs DET thats all...dont be so aggressive offensively so ur D-men wont get "stuck" and "cant turn around" .. if im going on a breakaway (which is rare from what ive seen in this league) im going to take my chances and go with something that works

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to advance now. Get your games in tonight if you can!

Harold I'm going to bed. School in the AM. Ill message you tomorrow to set up our games.

Ill deal with this Detroit nonsense tomorrow as well. Good night everyone
I hope you assess this Dallas Colorado goal situation the same way your assessing mine lol, would be logical

Old
11-30-2012, 12:12 AM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
If a goal must be a glitch, I'd at least prefer it if you didn't score the same kind of goal consecutively, especially in a tie game heading into potentially ot in a game 7. There's nothing I can do now though. You're a great player too. You just need a bit more variety. When you had that opportunity I knew exactly what you were going to do. I was actually going to see if you had any decency in you when you were heading to your 6th goal to see if you would for courtesy change the shot style since you had the lead. Nope. same goal.
I have a ton more variety than you. But tied in the last few minutes of game 7 and I get a breakaway with Hossa/Jagr/Malkin... you better believe I'm going to do my move. So, keep doing the high wrister from the slot (More than anyone else in this league I might add) and saying to yourself how much "variety" you have.