HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty signs with Ambri-Piotta (SUI)

Old
10-16-2012, 11:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I get the impression Pacioretty just realized that other parts of the world don't have all of the luxuries and comfies he is use to having at this finger tips.
I think he realized that if he's not going to play (by being scratched for two games), he'd rather be at home not playing than thousands of miles away from his friends and family not playing. Hard to say I blame him.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This might be true in some parts of the world, but Switzerland?
Sounds like he didn't have access to the training equipment he's accustomed to using. Indications are he wants to maintain his figure.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
third world with chocolate

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Sounds like he didn't have access to the training equipment he's accustomed to using. Indications are he wants to maintain his figure.
There wasn't enough buffalo meat.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
In terms of life in general, Switzerland offers a degree of comforts and luxuries at as high, if not a higher level than any nation in the world.

From a hockey stand point though, a team from a Swiss small town is not going to have anywhere near the resources of a top NHL team.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:10 PM
jonas2244

Especially Ambri, the stadium is very, very old and this must have been some cultural shock for MaxPac.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Mattia Mei

I did not understand why pacioretty came in Switzerland if not to play hockey. He said: "i am here to help the team" And the team have to fight every day to survive. Its true, ambri piotta is not the right place to train and keep fit: Ambri requires commitment, it is a place where you have to prove something and test your maturity. That's why Pacioretty has been largely disappointing.

Bergeron has a 2.67 points/game stats
B. Laich 1.83
J. Tavares 1.4
Nash 1.33
Diaz 1.3

Costantine had to chose 2 forwards from
Jason williams 0.8 p/g
Richard Park 0.82
and...
Pacioretty 0.2

The team have had a clear improvement since tuesday, playing without maxpac. It was the good decision to scratch him saturday.....

Mattia Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Plante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattia Mei View Post
I did not understand why pacioretty came in Switzerland if not to play hockey. He said: "i am here to help the team" And the team have to fight every day to survive. Its true, ambri piotta is not the right place to train and keep fit: Ambri requires commitment, it is a place where you have to prove something and test your maturity. That's why Pacioretty has been largely disappointing.

B. Laich 1.83
J. Tavares 1.4
Nash 1.33
Diaz 1.3

Jason williams 0.8 p/g
Richard Park 0.82
and...
Pacioretty 0.2

The team have had a clear improvement since tuesday, playing without maxpac. It was the good decision to scratch him saturday.....
If only he had the compete level of Brooks Laich.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:06 PM
habitue*

Is maxPac injured ?... It seems he has a problem with an elbow... Great !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:23 PM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
In terms of life in general, Switzerland offers a degree of comforts and luxuries at as high, if not a higher level than any nation in the world.

From a hockey stand point though, a team from a Swiss small town is not going to have anywhere near the resources of a top NHL team.
Is there comfort and luxury really in small towns, though? For a couple days, it seems alright. But some might not find that particularly appealing, even if it is very picturesque. Think of all the resort locations in the Carribbean - good in doses but living there for a lengthy period of time?

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 04:11 AM
SwissLeaf

vCash: 968
Well, neither Ambrė nor Piotta has lots of comfort and luxury.

Anyway, the main problem is/was probably the arena. I was in the locker room when I played as a junior.... not very comfortable... It was 15 years ago, but I don't think it changed a lot.

Most of the players don't live in Ambrė or Piotta (I think all, but 1 or 2), most of them live in Bellinzona or Ascona area, which are pretty towns. (you can google it, if you are interested )

I wouldn't live in Ambrė or Piotta neither, there is the arena, 2 or 3 restaurants (I don't know if they are open when there isn't a game), 1 or 2 shops, 1 hairdresser, 1 church and approx. 400 habitants each.

Nevertheless, HC Ambrė-Piotta is the best club in Switzerland (yes, I have the season ticket for about 8-10 years).... not very successfull.. but yes, I love the club. And the colors are wonderful --> blue and white.

SwissLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think he realized that if he's not going to play (by being scratched for two games), he'd rather be at home not playing than thousands of miles away from his friends and family not playing. Hard to say I blame him.
I'd take a swiss vacation for a couple months. It'd be nice to get away. Mind you, I like little mountain villages like the one Pacioretty was in. He may feel differently.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:15 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Says on theSCORE that Pacioretty left the team (and was scratched) because of injuries.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattia Mei View Post

B. Laich 1.83
J. Tavares 1.4
Nash 1.33
Diaz 1.3

Jason williams 0.8 p/g
Richard Park 0.82
and...
Pacioretty 0.2

Agreed, but it's not the end of the world.
Somehow, I find Pax is unprofessional when joining them.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Says on theSCORE that Pacioretty left the team (and was scratched) because of injuries.
I know. But there is some speculation that that's something of a cover story.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Great One

Just listening to the Jason Strudwick show on Edmonton's theteam1260 radio station where Strudwick was interviewing current Swiss league player and former NHL player Hnat Domenichelli regarding NHL players playing in Switzerland during the lockout. Hnat talked about how some players like Seguin and Kane have flourished while others haven't and then he brought up Pacioretty's situation. Let me just state that Domenichelli never played on the same team as Max but he got this info from a very reliable source. He started off by saying that Pacioretty reported to the team in terrible shape and didn't put in the work ethic compared to the rest of the team in the eyes of the organization. This apparently really ticked off his coach, Kevin Constantine, and their relationship was a rocky one right off the hop.

Next he talked about Pacioretty's elbow injury. He said that after Max injured his elbow he didn't feel like it was serious enough to be scratched from the lineup. Constantine and team trainers felt differently and decided to sit him a few games and give him a rest. This didn't go over too well with Pacioretty and it eventually resulted in another altercation with Constantine. I guess this was the last straw for Pacioretty because Domenichelli also hinted that it was actually Max's relationship with the coach and organization which led to him quitting and not the actual injury itself. Domenichelli said that North American players coming over to Switzerland needed to have a certain attitude toward the Swiss game and country itself and that Pacioretty just didn't have that type of attitude.

I'm just curious has Pacioretty ever had issues with work ethic or problems with coaches in the past or was this just an isolated incident? Pacioretty has been my favorite Hab for the past couple of seasons and I'm just hoping I'm getting the wrong impression from this Domenichelli's comments.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
Just listening to the Jason Strudwick show on Edmonton's theteam1260 radio station where Strudwick was interviewing current Swiss league player and former NHL player Hnat Domenichelli regarding NHL players playing in Switzerland during the lockout. Hnat talked about how some players like Seguin and Kane have flourished while others haven't and then he brought up Pacioretty's situation. Let me just state that Domenichelli never played on the same team as Max but he got this info from a very reliable source. He started off by saying that Pacioretty reported to the team in terrible shape and didn't put in the work ethic compared to the rest of the team in the eyes of the organization. This apparently really ticked off his coach, Kevin Constantine, and their relationship was a rocky one right off the hop.

Next he talked about Pacioretty's elbow injury. He said that after Max injured his elbow he didn't feel like it was serious enough to be scratched from the lineup. Constantine and team trainers felt differently and decided to sit him a few games and give him a rest. This didn't go over too well with Pacioretty and it eventually resulted in another altercation with Constantine. I guess this was the last straw for Pacioretty because Domenichelli also hinted that it was actually Max's relationship with the coach and organization which led to him quitting and not the actual injury itself. Domenichelli said that North American players coming over to Switzerland needed to have a certain attitude toward the Swiss game and country itself and that Pacioretty just didn't have that type of attitude.

I'm just curious has Pacioretty ever had issues with work ethic or problems with coaches in the past or was this just an isolated incident? Pacioretty has been my favorite Hab for the past couple of seasons and I'm just hoping I'm getting the wrong impression from this Domenichelli's comments.
He's recognize has the Habs with the best off-ice habits, he's a training specimen, trains harder than anyone. His training coach said he never met a guy like that. So what you are reporting , not yourself, is hard to believe.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He's recognize has the Habs with the best off-ice habits, he's a training specimen, trains harder than anyone. His training coach said he never met a guy like that. So what you are reporting , not yourself, is hard to believe.
You bring up a good point that I'd like to make clear. I'm just reporting what I heard on that show tonight from Hnat Domenichelli. I'm not a Hab hater who is just trying to give Pacioretty a bad name. Like I said before, I'm a fan of Patches and hope that info got crossed somewhere along the way and that it is blown out of proportion a bit but I'm just repeating what I heard.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:16 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true but he left anyway so...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Gally11

Showing up out of shape would surprise me... The coaching incidence wouldn't

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:

I find that hard to believe to be perfectly honest. Worrying if true, but I'd bet my left nut it's nothing to worry about. I mean come: the shape he came bck after after he broke his back? Amazing. Now his work ethics is not good enough for the Swiss league? **** right off... Styles not matching with the league is more likely imo

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:16 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
It would be surprising given, as many have said, Pacioretty is supposedly something of training/fitness nut...but I guess it's not unthinkable. Some NHLers probably do (or did) treat going overseas as something like a vacation. Or maybe they figured the lockout would be over soon and didn't put as much dedication or preparation into it as they should have. Evander Kane in Russa might be a similar example.

Anyway, let's not forget that despite all the rumours and hearsay, we've never heard Pacioretty's side of the story. Maybe we never will either, but I think it would be wrong to take everyone else's comments at face value with hearing the other side of things.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Showing up out of shape would surprise me... The coaching incidence wouldn't
Some of you might have forget Patches was vocal on the fact he was misused by JM and really mentioned it publically... while im hamilton..so its not like Patchy doesnt have outburst of temper when it doesnt go his way... its possible he might have been unsatisfied of his usage as far as work ethic goes... he gain some weight aybe he wasnt season fit when he arrived.. wich is not impossible... either.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Et le But

That's what they get for signing a lazy, floating American with no heart instead of a gritty Russian farmboy.

The American factor.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
The Russian General
Forįa Portugal

Out of game shape, maybe. Out of shape, doubt it.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote