HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Good/Great players you DON'T want traded to your team

Old
11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
In fear of either total overpayment or the fact that you don't think they'd do well, or you simply don't like them

I wouldn't want Joe Thornton, dude loses everywhere he goes, plus I feel like it would cost a lot
I wouldn't want Danny Briere, dude loses everywhere he goes.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 9062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Dude, WTF? I'm sorry, but if you think your team would not be better with these players I think you're overdoing the team concept thing a little too much. I mean you're saying you wouldn't trade somebody like Langenbrunner for Stamkos?
That's not the point of this thread, this thread is good/great players you wouldn't want on your team, not what players you wouldn't give a 4th liner for.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Schalkenullvier*

vCash: 500
LOL especially the blues could use someone like Kessel. You need a good mixture of players to be succesfull, and that includes offensive stars. When you have a team full of responsible guys, you can afford one or two that don't bring what your team already has, but something else...namely game-breaking talent. Kessel has that... no other STL forward does. Maybe Tarasenko will get there, but not wanting Kessel because it "doesn't fit the team"? Crazy talk. He would just round out the team... if someone doesn't fit the team, it would be someone like Legwand or Grabovski because neither bring something the Blues don't already have.

Not wanting a 60-goal scorer is even more baffling of course...

To answer OP, I'd take anyone that helps my team as long he isn't paid too much for what he brings. Goalies are a different story of course.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Getz2perry

Joe thornton, dany heatley.

As for joe thorntons "winning championships"
2004 world cup and 2010 olympic team had neids to counter balance his losing ways.

2010 olympic team 7 gp 1 goal 1 assist, with 95 mins of play time. Im sure he had a lot to do with winning the gold. 2nd lowest point totals on the team behind bergoron who only played 45 mins... ya ill pass on his clutch play

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:04 PM
StringerBell

Lecavalier
Heatley
Bouwmeester

I think that's it. All mostly for contractual issues.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:15 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Don't agree with bluemandan, would love one of these "one-dimensional" guys on the Blues, I think an offensive weapon is exactly what we need

Players I wouldn't like are guys with poor attitudes and guys who are too expensive to get and/or to pay.
Per example I wouldn't jump for joy when there would be a TSN headline: breaking news! Blues aquire Crosby!
My first thought would be more like:
****, who did we have to give up for him?!?

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:39 AM
stempniaksen

Dany Heatley
Milan Lucic

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:45 AM
James Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Thornton's gold medals from the Olympics, WJHC and World Cup beg to disagree.

Alex Semin is not a one dimensional player. He is actually an above average defensive player and an excellent PKer.
He was on team Canada who usually are always the favorites.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:30 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
He was on team Canada who usually are always the favorites.
They're the favourites because of the players on the team. A Canadian team that had inferior players to Thornton on the team wouldn't be as good

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Oates2Neely

Sedin
Sedin
Kessel
Kesler
P.Kane
Hemsky (is he still considered a "good" player?)
Gaborik
Heatley
Fleury
Byfglen

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Anyone overpaid.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:39 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
Anyone overpaid.
This is something most teams should think about not wanting. Much easier to deal with smaller cap hits. So anyone over making over 7.2 million are not wanted by me because they would take up to much of the cap space for what they would be worth to a club. I realize this is proberly just a me thing and i'm fine with that. So keep ur crosby and malkins etc.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:13 PM
darglor

vCash: 9337
Pretty much only Heatley, if he's actually still considered good.

darglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Do they make the Nucks better? Yes? Bring 'em aboard! Marchand's a punk and Bolland has been a thorn in our side for ages but I'd welcome both without a second thought. Same story for Montreal. The only exception are players with albatross contracts. If I have to choose, Ovie is approaching this territory.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:05 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
So you wouldn't want Steven "Rocket Richard" Stamkos on your team? He is not a liability and if your whole team is defensive, having one guy who will be protected and is an offensive beast wouldn't hurt. Defensive system or not.
Doesn't fit the team style. I'd love to have a guy like Stamkos, BUT the affect of having one player who doesn't have to do everything that everyone else is asked to do will cause cracks in the foundation of the team. The Blues need every player buying in every second for it to work.

Quote:
Dude, WTF? I'm sorry, but if you think your team would not be better with these players I think you're overdoing the team concept thing a little too much. I mean you're saying you wouldn't trade somebody like Langenbrunner for Stamkos?
I'm not saying that I wouldn't trade Langenbrunner for Stamkos at all. I'm saying that I would then flip Stamkos for a guy like Toews or Malkin that fits the team's style better. Although Stamkos is young enough and shown a willingness to do what is asked of him, so I might keep him.

The team concept is how small to mid market teams are able to put together a competative roster. Look at Phoenix. A well-balanced team with everyone buying into the concept. Look at Tampa Bay. A top-heavy team with different players being asked to play different styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
LOL especially the blues could use someone like Kessel. You need a good mixture of players to be succesfull, and that includes offensive stars. When you have a team full of responsible guys, you can afford one or two that don't bring what your team already has, but something else...namely game-breaking talent. Kessel has that... no other STL forward does. Maybe Tarasenko will get there, but not wanting Kessel because it "doesn't fit the team"? Crazy talk. He would just round out the team... if someone doesn't fit the team, it would be someone like Legwand or Grabovski because neither bring something the Blues don't already have.

Not wanting a 60-goal scorer is even more baffling of course...

To answer OP, I'd take anyone that helps my team as long he isn't paid too much for what he brings. Goalies are a different story of course.
Completely disagree with you here. Especially since you used Kessel instead of a guy like Stamkos. The Blues are a defensive team. A team that should have set defensive records for the modern era (except shoot-out goals count as goals given up by the team, even though they aren't playing team hockey at the time and those goals don't count against the goalies GAA.)

Anyway, I think that having a player who doesn't play team defense on the ice ~16 of ES ice time is going to raise the Blues team GAA from 1.89 further than he would raise the Blues 2.51 GFA.

Not to mention that it starts to effect the other players. If Kessel never plays defense, why would the other guys want to? I'm not talking about guys like Sobotka, Nichol, or Porter who are in the NHL for their defense, but guys like Perron, and prospects like Tarasenko and Schwartz. If they see Kessel taking nights of, why shouldn't they?

You seem to be suggesting trying to fit a square peg into a round hole merely because all the other holes already have round pegs in them. How is that working in Toronto? Getting everyone to buy in and be on the same page got us a division championship, second in the West, and a second round exit against the eventual Cup winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Don't agree with bluemandan, would love one of these "one-dimensional" guys on the Blues, I think an offensive weapon is exactly what we need

Players I wouldn't like are guys with poor attitudes and guys who are too expensive to get and/or to pay.
Per example I wouldn't jump for joy when there would be a TSN headline: breaking news! Blues aquire Crosby!
My first thought would be more like:
****, who did we have to give up for him?!?
?? I get what you mean, but did you realize that you basically said, 'I disagree with bluemandan, the Blues need an offensive weapon, but I don't want Crosby.'? I understand you meant due to salary, injury, and trade considerations (especially with the Blues history of trading depth for that 'final piece' that never worked.

But I think you may have misunderstood me, like many did. I'm not saying that I don't want an offensive star on the Blues. Far from it, a go-to guy on offense is one of the few things the Blues could use.

What I don't want is a "one-dimensional" offensive guy whose "me-first" attitude would disrupt the great team chemistry on the Blues.

It does surpsise me how many fans of non-playoff teams told me I was overrating team chemistry though.

Last edited by TMI: 12-01-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: removed quote
bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

In before Dustin Brown?

Oh and for Blues fans saying Steve Stamkos would be a bad fit for the team, I think he's exactly who you need...

Like how we needed Jeff Carter but even moreso.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-30-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: consecutive
Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:24 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
I wouldn't even cheer for my team anymore if we got Crosby... or the Sedin's.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:11 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
You guys don't want Karlsson? That's fine! We'll keep him

Lecavalier, Semin, Ovechkin, Bryzgalov have all been named already..

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 06:57 AM
HiddenInLight

I think Statsny is overrated. Have been against all the trade for statsny threads that keep popping up inbthe sabres boards.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:14 AM
ricky0034

this was Rick Nash AINEC for me when he was on the block,extremely overrated and I was fearing a big overpayment

now there isn't really any single player that stands above the rest,but I do particularly hate the idea of the Wings trading for a Goalie(not that I think that's even remotely realistic but I have seen several threads proposing that on here) because i'm already very happy with Howard

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
...you're saying you wouldn't trade somebody like Langenbrunner for Stamkos?
No, that's not what he's saying at all.

In the first place, no one would consider for even a second that a trade of Langenbrunner for Stamkos could ever take place.

In the second place, he's saying simply that he doesn't think Stamkos would be a good fit with the system that the Blues have put into place, a system that led to them coming within a hair's breadth of setting a modern-day record for best defensive performance by a team.

That's it. Not a disparagement or an indictment of Stamkos at all. Take the fanboy glasses off.

Last edited by TMI: 12-01-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: removed quote
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Ceremony
Woke up this morning

vCash: 50300
For Colorado

I want Varlamov to be our goalie of the future, so no to any goalie coming in. Aside from that, contract details are the only thing that would put me off other players, but we have plenty of cap room so we're alright in that regard. We could do with a pure scorer type or a top piaring defenseman so there's really none of them I would say no to.

12-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Roof Daddy

Am I the only one who finds it funny that people are critiquing other people's choices when the OP basically states you don't need any justification for why you wouldn't want the player, you simply don't want him on your team. That said, I will likely face similar scrutiny, but here goes....

Brian Campbell - Don't like the contract, even if he has turned it around. Small and soft, sometimes looks like he is a figure skater with all those spineramas.

Dany Heatley - Can't skate, not passionate, horrible contract. Already shunned Edmonton once, wouldn't take him if he played for league minimum.

Alex Ovechkin - Used to be one of my favourites, became way too predictable as a player though and his numbers have declined as teams have developed better defensive schemes to contain him. Huge cap hit that I think will prevent the Caps from ever being able to find the final pieces to a cup contender.

The Sedins - Great players with excellent cap hits, but they play for my most hated team and I'm pretty sure they still take baths together.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Claude Giroux

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Aceonfire
Connor McOiler

1. Rick Nash- He really doesn't seem like a good team player.
2. Crosby- One concussion away from being the next Lindros.
3. Patrick Kane- This kid can be a train wreck at times despite his talent.
4. Dany Heatley- His contract and attitude are turn offs.

I would also say Ovechkin but I think he can still put up 100 points, he just has a terrible rockstar attitude.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote