HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2013-14 Season

Old
11-30-2012, 12:41 AM
avsfan89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post

lmao gotta love Richard.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Fuss: I think they are talking about how apparently Harold was using the same move for 2 goals, but I personally don't see an issue there.
Variety is all i ask for. For ****s sake. I'm not going to have some stupid rule where you cant score the same goal twice in a row.

I dont know what Harold's "glitch" was. Lets say his goal was coming around the net and taking a top-shelf slap shot in the slot and it (hypoethetically) goes in all the time.

Two scenarios:

1) Harold plays the entire game with variety. Trying to set up one timers, shots from the point, backhand-forehand dekes, top shelf wrist shots from the slot, etc...then he ties the game up with that curl around slap shot in the slot. Then right away in OT he wins Game 7 doing the exact same goal he used to tie the game up 30 seconds earlier.

TOTALLY FINE. He'd be proving to me and to his opponent that he's legitimately trying to score on other ways besides just that slapshot goal.

2) Harold plays the entire game doing nothing but trying to set up that slap shot in the slot (see every Detroit game in two seasons). Then he ties the game up with that curl around slap shot in the slot. Then right away in OT he wins Game 7 doing the exact same goal he used to tie the game up 30 seconds earlier.

TOTALLY CHEAP. He's proving to me and to his opponent that he's made no effort to change his game up. "If he lets me do it then why cant i do it??? Blah blah blah i'm angry blah blah blah". Is that fun to play against? Is that fair to your opponent that all you're doing is the same move over and over again?

My opinion, the Commissioner's opinion, is that it ruins games. They stop being fun and start being a repetitive attempt to stop some "always" goal. Look, i was on the EA forums for 3 years. What does and does not constitute a "Glitch Goal" has been argued about since Online Gaming has been around. Unfortunately for everyone in this league, i have the final say. Every decision i make is to make this league as fun, exciting, and realistic as possible.

-Stockey scores 5 goals a game doing the Stockey Rebound...banned that move
-Ovechkin is being triple shifted and has 36 minutes/game every game...limited Ovie's ice time
-People quitting vs CPU...0% DNF rule

What decision have i ever made thats been unfair and not for the betterment of my league? Its way too late. I have class in 6 god damn hours and i'm arguing over this when i should be sleeping.

Please. Price, Harold, Avs fan, who the **** ever, just have variety in your game. Thats all i ask. Let me and your opponent know that you're honestly trying to score in every way you can. It makes me a happier commissioner and it makes this league so much better.

Price i've made myself abundantly clear. Stop abusing that move or you're out of the league, the same way that Stockey was going to be out of the league if he didn't stop. Lets put a rest to all this stupid drama and enjoy the rest of the playoffs PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Bedtime. Goodnight.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Price i've made myself abundantly clear. Stop abusing that move or you're out of the league, the same way that Stockey was going to be out of the league if he didn't stop. Lets put a rest to all this stupid drama and enjoy the rest of the playoffs PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Bedtime. Goodnight.

oh come on booty i was never going anywhere
btw i now have an instant obsession with finding good gifs

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:55 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
I hope so too honestly. It's getting ridiculous. A great series tainted by 2 consecutive deciding goals of the same nature. There should be a law you are not allowed to score the same type of goal 2 times in a row; specially when you have the lead.

he can think what he wants but I had so much variety in my play. The Crosby-on-theodore-breakaway goal, backhanders, garbage goals, slappers, one timers, top shelf left, top shelf right. literally any type of goal I scored and made it a point to never score the same kind of goal more than once

It was almost as if its like

dallas: "oh i gotta tie it? *does cheap goal

dallas: "oh i can win this game if i just do that kinda goal again....ah well why not nothing will happen plus we cant reverse it so what's done will be done'
Dude, you're high. 95% of your goals were high curl-wristers in the slot that you were setting up the same way every time... I don't even care, and I wouldn't even care had I lost. You brought it up, not me.

Again, if you give me a breakaway in Game 7 where I can take the lead and another breakaway where I can seal the game... I'm going to do a good deke... not take a chance on a crappy one. Take a look at the leaderboard... Glencross and Eakin are both at the top... they both can't deke for ****, so a lot of their goals were garbage where I had to earn them.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:03 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
Dude, you're high. 95% of your goals were high curl-wristers in the slot that you were setting up the same way every time... I don't even care, and I wouldn't even care had I lost. You brought it up, not me.

Again, if you give me a breakaway in Game 7 where I can take the lead and another breakaway where I can seal the game... I'm going to do a good deke... not take a chance on a crappy one. Take a look at the leaderboard... Glencross and Eakin are both at the top... they both can't deke for ****, so a lot of their goals were garbage where I had to earn them.
I'm not going to get into it anymore though but I think you meant 'the' deke move, not 'a'. In Fuss' example I guess that's okay to do. So I'm going to have to solve that dilemma next time. Good luck in the 2nd Round.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:24 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Pretty much sums up Me and Price arguing

Lets just play our videogames and get along like the immature semi-adults we all are

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Jsolari11

I suggest you all take off the auto back skate feature. I find it helps reduce the skating mechanic defects of the game. Players dont have nearly as much difficulty turning. At least thats what i think

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:11 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Pretty much sums up Me and Price arguing

Lets just play our videogames and get along like the immature semi-adults we all are
that gif and actual video kills me everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post
I suggest you all take off the auto back skate feature. I find it helps reduce the skating mechanic defects of the game. Players dont have nearly as much difficulty turning. At least thats what i think
I second this motion.. However it doesn't fix your idiot defensemen AI from skating to the blue line when the puck is turned over in the grey area.. and then are still easily beaten because they're caught flatfooted.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post

oh come on booty i was never going anywhere
btw i now have an instant obsession with finding good gifs
lol, I have probably watched this 20 times already this morning. Bravo!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:02 AM
dunner

Wow missed a battle of words last night. I dunno what to think, all I know is that every player in this league knows that there are basically a combination of 5 ways to score in the game and we all use them and no one is different. I know for a fact that if anyone gets a clear cut breakaway backhand forehand is coming but hey I do it too (unless i'm blowing someone out I let off the gas).

I think what is different between the "Stockey" and the breakaway is the fact that to score on a breakaway you have to actually get a breakaway which I don't get or give that many of, where essentially the rebound you can stop at the blue-line shoot low and computer AI will take your free player to the puck ( which I totally agree if over used is abuse of the system and was a great idea to ban this play-style)

As for your Dmen turning too slowly it does happen sometimes and it is terrible but most times you can see it coming before it does and take control of the player early to set him in place. If you can't see it coming no hints are being given.

I don't want to stir the pot here at all but I just want to say to Detroit who i'm playing in round 2, I want you to play your best and score however you may. I have no intentions on allowing you breakaways, "If" I do make a mistake and allow some breakaways make me pay for it because I'm surely not backing off if I get in all alone.

Good luck.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I think what is different between the "Stockey" and the breakaway is the fact that to score on a breakaway you have to actually get a breakaway which I don't get or give that many of, where essentially the rebound you can stop at the blue-line shoot low and computer AI will take your free player to the puck ( which I totally agree if over used is abuse of the system and was a great idea to ban this play-style)
As a new league member only cautiously wading in here, this distinction makes a lot of sense to me.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
EvoLu7ioN

This thread has too much of this right now.

And not enough of this.

It's the playoffs damnit! Cheer for your remaining victors!

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Wow missed a battle of words last night. I dunno what to think, all I know is that every player in this league knows that there are basically a combination of 5 ways to score in the game and we all use them and no one is different. I know for a fact that if anyone gets a clear cut breakaway backhand forehand is coming but hey I do it too (unless i'm blowing someone out I let off the gas).

As for your Dmen turning too slowly it does happen sometimes and it is terrible but most times you can see it coming before it does and take control of the player early to set him in place. If you can't see it coming no hints are being given.

I don't want to stir the pot here at all but I just want to say to Detroit who i'm playing in round 2, I want you to play your best and score however you may. I have no intentions on allowing you breakaways, "If" I do make a mistake and allow some breakaways make me pay for it because I'm surely not backing off if I get in all alone.

Good luck.
I dont do the deke on a breakaway.. mostly because I dont really know how..
But also because when you use that deke, it will likely always go in.. in the NHL no one ever scores on every single breakaway.. and no one does the same ****ing deke on the breakaway either, would be too predictable.. and us as GMs can predict the deke coming.. but sadly, we can not control our players to stop it.. if we could then you would be forced to use a different deke to try to beat the goalie.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Gary83*

I'm not too sure what to weigh in with here, obviously we have all used the backhand-forehand and we'll all continue to use it, I like to try the odd backhand or taking a quick wrister top shelf. Just because you've given up a couple breakaways in the game doesn't mean it needs to be a free invitation for backhand-forehand, it's simply a move that should be used in moderation. As to how that's moderated I really have no idea.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:20 AM
stevezz

Quote:

Good luck.
I agree with you 100%
If you give up a breakaway its your own fault, and the opponent should be allowed to score which ever way he wants!
If you get 5 breakaways in a game, you should be allowed to use ur go to move every time!
YES backhand forehand goes in almost every time, but if its done on a breakaway why is it even an issue? Personally, i rarely give any breakaways, and if i do i don't care how you score..

How can you restrict someone when they beat ur whole team and got on a breakaway?? makes NO sense!

This is nonsense.

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Price 89

Quote:

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
I agree with you 100%
If you give up a breakaway its your own fault, and the opponent should be allowed to score which ever way he wants!
If you get 5 breakaways in a game, you should be allowed to use ur go to move every time!
YES backhand forehand goes in almost every time, but if its done on a breakaway why is it even an issue? Personally, i rarely give any breakaways, and if i do i don't care how you score..

How can you restrict someone when they beat ur whole team and got on a breakaway?? makes NO sense!

This is nonsense.
Alright thanks Minny.

And Steve I agree but apparently your wrong

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:26 AM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
I dont do the deke on a breakaway.. mostly because I dont really know how..
But also because when you use that deke, it will likely always go in.. in the NHL no one ever scores on every single breakaway.. and no one does the same ****ing deke on the breakaway either, would be too predictable.. and us as GMs can predict the deke coming.. but sadly, we can not control our players to stop it.. if we could then you would be forced to use a different deke to try to beat the goalie.
I really don't want this argument to kick up again so this will be the last public thing I say on the issue I can PM someone about it if they wish but I don't think we should drag out the issue any longer. I simply posted what I did to show my view and let Detroit know what I thought.

#1 I've played this game as most of you have for a countless number of hours I realize other dekes work and have used them before however the percentage is extremely low, so to do one of these dekes in a pressure situation would almost feel like you are not trying to win anymore and my argument to this would be if you don't like getting scored backhand-forehand well stop me before I get on a breakaway.

#2 If you have allowed a breakaway and 100% know a backhand forehand is coming - Take control of the goalie. I have done this on numerous occasions successfully (of course unsuccessfully as well) it's a risk but if you feel like the success rate of the deke is that high then really it's a calculated risk.

Anyway it is the commish's final decision and if the ruling changes I will abide, but I do think everyone's view is important so now he has one more unbiased opinion.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:38 AM
EvoLu7ioN

On a breakaway:

Fake leg kick, forehand, backhand, forehand.

Works every time! Yeah I know the end part of the move may be the same, but it's getting there that matters

What drives me crazy is when guys spin off of defenders in the corner or get free by the face off circle, come in at an angle and use the backhand forehand **** to make your goalie leave short side for no reason at all.

That is the **** that would never work in a game, and it's hard to guard against if they're also threatening the cross crease pass as you can't just prevent the guy from coming out from the corner, you also have to worry about the pass cause god knows the CPU defense isn't going to pick up the open man streaking into a high scoring area.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:52 AM
slightlystewpid420

See the problem with that move is you don't HAVE to be on a breakaway you can just cut along the far boards until u get to the circle and you can drive in fake inside than go back outside real quick and score every time. It's cheap unrealistic and highly aggravating when it's the only way someone scores and you have 3 goals in completely different variations.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:54 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolu7ion View Post
what drives me crazy is when guys spin off of defenders in the corner or get free by the face off circle, come in at an angle and use the backhand forehand **** to make your goalie leave short side for no reason at all.

That is the **** that would never work in a game, and it's hard to guard against if they're also threatening the cross crease pass as you can't just prevent the guy from coming out from the corner, you also have to worry about the pass cause god knows the cpu defense isn't going to pick up the open man streaking into a high scoring area.
exactly!

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:56 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Old
11-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
lol, awesome.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:03 AM
HaroldDruken

Quote:

Good luck.
I couldn't agree more with what Gunner has said here.

Also, backhand/forehand deke does not work every time like some people say. Some goalies just read it really well. In my games last night, my opponent would also try this deke, but my goalie was reading it really well and stopped it most of the time. Also, if you have a crappy player that doesn't have good hands, the deke rarely works.

This is the last I will say regarding this topic.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:04 AM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
lol, awesome.
Agreed

Old
11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Aaahahaha... I was wondering when the 1st diagram would show up! Classic.