HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Really dissapointed with Jimmy Howard as my backup goalie, he gives up at least 2 bad goals a game. The difference between him and SOTW Brodeur is just crazy... Marty rarely gives up 2+ goals.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
robis1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
I doubt you regret it. Even if you don't like him his price is gonna jump up in a week. I also doubt you don't like him. He's just head and shoulders above anyone else I've had. Good on breakaways, big on the short side, extremely quick cross-crease, and quicker recovery than any goalie I've seen. Really helps me play aggressive D and take a few chances on hits when I'm not worried about short-side sniping.

Wketch, have you had a chance to use him yet? Thoughts?
Just came back from school, 2 games, 2 shoutouts, love him so far.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:32 AM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Really dissapointed with Jimmy Howard as my backup goalie, he gives up at least 2 bad goals a game. The difference between him and SOTW Brodeur is just crazy... Marty rarely gives up 2+ goals.
Yakupov Scored 2 jus terrible goals on a guy who had Howard last night..

*ALso if your having trouble gettin the wins for the playoffs, get your team down to 4-4 1/2 stars, then play online, it levels the playing field a bit more.. There are just sooo many SUPER stacked 5 stars teams now...

Old
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
BaD720
Rookie User

I had 60K in pucks and opened 4 packs.

3 first gave NOTHING better than A. Sekera 83 ovr.

In the last I pulled SOTW HAVLAT!

Yay!

Old
11-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Jesh18

If any1 has malkin on the ps3 pm me i want him

Old
11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
BaD720
Rookie User

SOTW Grabner, (95 skate) for sale or trade

PM offers or reply here

*X360-X360-x360*

Old
11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
tututooter21

Booth - SOTW Mueller - P.Kane
Neal - Stastny - Grabner
Kulemin - Stoll - Stalberg
Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Bouwmeester - Burns
McDonagh - E.Johnson
Ekman-Larsson - Larsson

Smith
Bernier

Not a bad team, eh?

Old
11-29-2012, 05:11 PM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
Booth - SOTW Mueller - P.Kane
Neal - Stastny - Grabner
Kulemin - Stoll - Stalberg
Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Bouwmeester - Burns
McDonagh - E.Johnson
Ekman-Larsson - Larsson

Smith
Bernier

Not a bad team, eh?
Hows your STOW meuller working out for ya?..

Right now its a battle between him and SOTW Anismov for 3rd line Center..
Cant quite figure out who i like better

Old
11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIROfresh View Post
Hows your STOW meuller working out for ya?..

Right now its a battle between him and SOTW Anismov for 3rd line Center..
Cant quite figure out who i like better
Pretty good, not to good on faceoffs, unless you yourself are good, then he can win them. Not that fast, but he has a really good shot, Definitly my best trigger man on the powerplay. Nice hands, his checking isn't bad but you wont notice him lay anyone out.
If I were you I'd get him for the RW , but use him on the powerplay for sure

Old
11-29-2012, 07:02 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
Pretty good, not to good on faceoffs, unless you yourself are good, then he can win them. Not that fast, but he has a really good shot, Definitly my best trigger man on the powerplay. Nice hands, his checking isn't bad but you wont notice him lay anyone out.
If I were you I'd get him for the RW , but use him on the powerplay for sure
Yeah, I have him on my team too, he's pretty good and he doesn't go for too much.

St. Louis - Spezza - Nash
SOTW Mueller - Getzlaf - Ryan
Semin - Thornton - Iginla
Baertschi - Richards - Pavelski

Keith - Burns
Suter - Ehrhoff
Campbell - E. Johnson

Kiprusoff
Niemi

Old
11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Yeah, I have him on my team too, he's pretty good and he doesn't go for too much.

St. Louis - Spezza - Nash
SOTW Mueller - Getzlaf - Ryan
Semin - Thornton - Iginla
Baertschi - Richards - Pavelski

Keith - Burns
Suter - Ehrhoff
Campbell - E. Johnson

Kiprusoff
Niemi
This. Forgot to mention, but I got mine for 14500, you might be able to get him for that, but more likely around 18000

Old
11-29-2012, 07:59 PM
BaD720
Rookie User

grabner sotw SOLD

Old
11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

SOTW Parros has been surpisingly AWESOME

Old
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
BaD720
Rookie User

SOTW Parros packs quite a punch ^___^

Old
11-30-2012, 09:16 AM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD720 View Post
SOTW Parros packs quite a punch ^___^
YA isnt there something jus so special about smashing a guys Gretzky or Giroux into the boards head first and not getting a penalty..

Old
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
DoubleAAAA

Is there a bigger bush move than the "manual goalie, rush the skater on a breakaway" move? Even if you get out around the guy 70% of the time AI forces your shot high or wide. Grrrrr.

That and the center ice face off tie-up / auto breakaway drive me nuts. The old wrap & slap is starting to become pretty common too. Grrrr

Old
11-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
YA isnt there something jus so special about smashing a guys Gretzky or Giroux into the boards head first and not getting a penalty..
That does it, I'm buying this guy today just for this alone.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Is there a bigger bush move than the "manual goalie, rush the skater on a breakaway" move? Even if you get out around the guy 70% of the time AI forces your shot high or wide. Grrrrr.

That and the center ice face off tie-up / auto breakaway drive me nuts. The old wrap & slap is starting to become pretty common too. Grrrr
the goalie rush always throws me off an i rarely score when they do that, but at least that happens in a game..

the wrap an slap is jus soooo retarded..

Old
11-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Viller

Quote:
the goalie rush always throws me off an i rarely score when they do that, but at least that happens in a game..

the wrap an slap is jus soooo retarded..
This and the backhand to forehand, top cheese move are ruining this game. Worst thing is theyve had this problem since 08 and never fixed it. It cant be that hard to make the goalies stone walls on those type of shots. Id rather none of them went in at all than have kids grind those 2 moves for 3 periods and act like they are good after.

And seriously, the more I play, the more I see stats are completely ****ing useless. The only important one is skating.

edit: SHT and HND barely do anything. I can score just as well with an 80 than a 90. I can defend just as well with some dude rated 75 than a guy rated 90 in DEF. It wasn't like this when the game came out. They completely broke their game with tuner kits.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
This and the backhand to forehand, top cheese move are ruining this game. Worst thing is theyve had this problem since 08 and never fixed it. It cant be that hard to make the goalies stone walls on those type of shots. Id rather none of them went in at all than have kids grind those 2 moves for 3 periods and act like they are good after.

And seriously, the more I play, the more I see stats are completely ****ing useless. The only important one is skating.

edit: SHT and HND barely do anything. I can score just as well with an 80 than a 90. I can defend just as well with some dude rated 75 than a guy rated 90 in DEF. It wasn't like this when the game came out. They completely broke their game with tuner kits.
Yep ... fracking Matthew Lombardi is one of the most popular players in this game ... let that sink in lol.

Not sure if it's the tuners or now the majority of people have just learned the exploit goals.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Exploiting.

The only worthy game mode is playing the offline tournaments and making the team requirements. I'll slap in a few online games just to make the playoffs but after that's done it's back to offline for most of the month.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
I can't even handle playing online in any game mode any more. The only playable mode is EASHL, and even that can be ruined by just 1 idiot staying offside permanently or the goalie trying to do the flying poke check at everyone for the hell of it.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:10 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Despite how much I absolutely hate this game and it's putrid AI, I still play it. And I scored a sick breakaway goal with my Star Of The Week Zetterberg last night. I didn't want to do just the standard backhand forehand, or anything like that, I wanted to try something a little different, and this is what happened. This was after a great individual effort by him to force a turnover and then get free from about the red line in.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post

There's absolutely nothing wrong with changing to the goalie and poke checking. I don't do it every time, but I will do it to keep the other person on their toes. I do switch to the goalie 100% of the time on breakaways though, I just cover the forehand side, since the backhand forehand is so prevalent, and people are so predictable, unless they do something different, they're not scoring. On my goal I posted above, the guy switched to the goalie on my last breakaway. I still ended up scoring, but when I got on the breakaway with Zetterberg, I was expecting him to change to the goalie again, so I wanted to do something completely different from what he might be expecting, but he didn't change to the goalie on the Zetterberg one.

The wrap and slap is the only real glitch goal in the game, and it is so Fing annoying because no matter how many times you defend against it, they're going to try it the entire game, and with idiot AI teammates, chances are he's going to slip one through. If you stop it 99 times, he'll probably get it on the 100th.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Deku Scrub
leave it yeah

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Despite how much I absolutely hate this game and it's putrid AI, I still play it. And I scored a sick breakaway goal with my Star Of The Week Zetterberg last night. I didn't want to do just the standard backhand forehand, or anything like that, I wanted to try something a little different, and this is what happened. This was after a great individual effort by him to force a turnover and then get free from about the red line in.
Nice goal, sick celly too.

Closed Thread