HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2012 CBA Discussion Part IV (Lockout talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Spooner st

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Well it's likely he is being scapegoated a bit, but it's also likely he is a fly in the ointment because he has always put his wallet and ego above the good of other human beings. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if things moved along better with him in his cape and coffin....I mean not in the room.
JJ is probably the only one that has the balls to do what it takes to bring the NHL to make a profit as a league.

The 3+Billion in revenue is irrelevant..What matters most, its not the revenue, its whats left of that revenue wen every expense is paid.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:48 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
I'm not a JJ hater nor pom-pom waiver, but I have a hard time believing that ONE owner out of 30 can hold this much sway, chairman or not.

next Wednesday we will find out just what Jacobs thinks because the 30 owners all are going to get there say

they been holding the gun, twirling it, but guess what the time is upon them to shoot it or put it down- next week we should get answers

Old
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
JJ is probably the only one that has the balls to do what it takes to bring the NHL to make a profit as a league.
Well lets get it done and stop having strikes/lockouts every 5 years. Pissing off the fans can't be very helpful in making a profit, or having team in places they shouldn't be.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Well lets get it done and stop having strikes/lockouts every 5 years. Pissing off the fans can't be very helpful in making a profit, or having team in places they shouldn't be.
They're having a hard enough time getting the PA to agree to a solution that will only partly fix the issue. No chance in hell they get the PA to agree to an actual full blown solution because it means less money for the players.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
They're having a hard enough time getting the PA to agree to a solution that will only partly fix the issue. No chance in hell they get the PA to agree to an actual full blown solution because it means less money for the players.
The players dont trust the owners. Last time they gave them the cap and a 24% roll back, yet here we are again. I don't pretend to be an expert on this stuff, but If I'm a player and gave in on those things, and it's broken AGAIN, why would I trust the owners that they have it figured out this time?

Old
11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
The players dont trust the owners. Last time they gave them the cap and a 24% roll back, yet here we are again. I don't pretend to be an expert on this stuff, but If I'm a player and gave in on those things, and it's broken AGAIN, why would I trust the owners that they have it figured out this time?
I doubt it has little to do with trust. Last time around they got a hard cap and 24% roll back BUT also saw the average salary increase over that span from 1.8 million in a non cap system to 2.4 million in this system because the NHL flourished under the deal. If anything, the owners should have earned more of their trust due to the success of the last CBA in which the owners won the major concessions. It literally benefited everyone, the owners, the players, and the sport.

If the players were really interested in fairness they'd be working to ensure retired players were treated far better then they are. If they were really worried about future generations there wouldn't be so much focus on a soft landing or make whole payments that only help the players immediate future.

This has everything to do with money owed to current NHL players.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3#post56138673

Closed Thread