HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 03:55 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Appart from Vail there was Nystrom but he didn't get invited, maybe next year!

Old
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
EveryDay

Charles Hudon had the first star again tonight with 1 Goal.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Appart from Vail there was Nystrom but he didn't get invited, maybe next year!
This is Nystrom's last year of eligibility, being a late '93 birth date.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Besides Hudon, Gally & Collberg, any other habs prospects have a chance to make any WJC rosters?
From what I hear, Vail will be invited to the selection camp, so hopefully he has a good showing as it sounds like he's on the bubble. I believe USA will announce the invites on Tuesday.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
From what I hear, Vail will be invited to the selection camp, so hopefully he has a good showing as it sounds like he's on the bubble. I believe USA will announce the invites on Tuesday.
Good news!

Old
11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
This is Nystrom's last year of eligibility, being a late '93 birth date.
In that 6th round, two guys playing in the Habs' backyard would had been as valuable if not better: Zlobin and Beauvillier.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Speaking of Nyström, he plays his second game with Karlskrona tonight. Still on the third line.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
In that 6th round, two guys playing in the Habs' backyard would had been as valuable if not better: Zlobin and Beauvillier.
The Habs will have their backyard completely organized for the upcoming draft,adding the talented Rick Dudley for this draft.Donald Audette and Serge Boisvert are scouting the QMJHL along with Bergevin so Hab fans can rest assured BPA won't mean rolling the dice in rounds 6 & 7.There are always players from Canada and Quebec that could have been taken after the draft ends,usually goalies.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:21 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
This is the definition of overthinking the Draft when you concern yourself with 6th-round picks.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
This is the definition of overthinking the Draft when you concern yourself with 6th-round picks.
Zlobin and Beauvillier doesn't take much thinking,if you have the pick use it wisely.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Complaining about a 6th round draft pick because he's not from the Q, really?

Timmins handpicked Nystrom when watching Modo to see Samuelsson.

The Habs can afford to scout the Q heavily without neglecting Europe. If anything we should be happy they are finally paying attention to Sweden. Nystrom didn't make team Sweden because they are absolutely stacked with talent. Last I checked Beauvillier isn't going to the WJC either.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

The Habs can afford to scout the Q heavily without neglecting Europe. If anything we should be happy they are finally paying attention to Sweden. Nystrom didn't make team Sweden because they are absolutely stacked with talent. Last I checked Beauvillier isn't going to the WJC either.
Zlobin is a real sniper who helped Shawinigan win their memorial Cup last Spring. The kid is now used to North American life style and speaks at least English, if not a bit of French on top of that. Why not giving a fighting chance to him. I could also have added a couple of guys from the OHL who have pretty good seasons now.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

That's what I was about to write, Timmins' been in love with Nystrom since he saw him live. I wouldn't br surprised if 2 of our 2nd round picks + 1 more end up being Q players in the next draft. A lot of high end talent and depth this season

Old
11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Zlobin is a real sniper who helped Shawinigan win their memorial Cup last Spring. The kid is now used to North American life style and speaks at least English, if not a bit of French on top of that. Why not giving a fighting chance to him. I could also have added a couple of guys from the OHL who have pretty good seasons now.
I'm a big fan of Zlobin actually, I loved last years Shawinigan team and I'm rooting for the guy. He managed to bounce back from a rough start to his career in North America and defy a lot of the Russian stereotypes held against him.

I wanted the Habs to draft him when I saw he was still on the board and I didn't hear about Nystrom until after the draft...but Timmins did and this is a player Timmins targeted. Obviously you assume any 6th round pick is a long shot but he must have done something right for Timmins to have Rockstrom follow him.

Timmins seems to love this kid even more than previous high risk high reward picks like Pribyl and Sullivan.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Zlobin is older, and Nystrom seems to have quite a bit of talent.
Also, drafting Zlobin because he has basic french skills is ridiculous.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
That

Quote:
I'm a fan of Zlobin and I wanted him in the 6th over Nystrom. It most definitely had to do with the familiarity factor though. Post-draft, everything that I hear about Nystrom makes me a fan. From all reports he sounds like a very skilled player.

With that said, I haven't seen him play a game, and I'm sure most of us Habs fans haven't either. Unless you've seen a fair amount of both players, then I don't believe you should make a statement like that. It sounds even more ridiculous when we take into consideration that were only 6 months removed from the draft.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Beendair Donedat

Get the Best Player Available NOT the best French player available.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Rikiki Bousquet

I think the point was that Zlobin was a good russian player that particularly blended well with the Montreal/Quebec environment ; not that he's a good french player or he's better choice only because of the language, only that he shows signs of good adaption.

Lets not overreact.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:30 PM
S Bah

Quote:

I wasn't complaining just stating that there is not much thought needed in taking Zlobin or Beauvillier.I made a point about the new Asst.GM Rick Dudley who is eligible to help this draft and Donald Audette joining Serge Boisvert scouting the QMJHL.As far as picking players from the QMJHL,why not it's one of the big three leagues in the CHL.If there are better picks I'm sure that between Bergevin,Dudley,Timmins and the scouting staff that has been added all over the world,the Habs won't be missing any player they deem BPA.This is the Habs fans here not the QMJHL fans,we want what's best for the Habs,besides we don't get to choose the players picked just give our opinions.Let's leave the politics out of things it's not fun for most hockey fans I'm sure.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
I think the point was that Zlobin was a good russian player that particularly blended well with the Montreal/Quebec environment ; not that he's a good french player or he's better choice only because of the language, only that he shows signs of good adaption.

Lets not overreact.
If I'm not mistaken, Dimitri Kulikov learned French and English during his time in the Q

Old
11-29-2012, 08:25 PM
That

Vail picked up a goal and an assist. He looked fantastic tonight. The Spitfires fell just short of erasing a 3-2 deficit again Barrie. they controlled the third period, with a large part of that due to Vail's play.

He was fantastic all night long. Made solid plays and was great along the boards. However, he shone in the third period. His goal was beauty. With under 9 minutes, down 3-0, on the PK, he came into the zone and hit Ekblad along the boards knocking him over, and then got the puck back and deked out the goalie in all alone. He slid it five-hole. Vail's assist came from a hard hit along the boards, then proceeded to win the ensuing board battle, and dug the puck out to Rychel who passed to Bateman hammered it top shelf.

Vail was physical along the boards and wreaked havoc in front of the net. Great game from him after a rough stretch. Hopefully he keeps up the strong play.

I've mentioned in the past of how he's a big game player. There were multiple games earlier in the season where he either scored, or assisted on the game-winning or game-tying goal. He steps up late in games whether they are winning or losing. If Windsor need a goal, or need to protect a lead, he's the player they put out there. Great quality to have.

On a side note, Kerby Rychel had a good night too. He crushed someone with a nice open ice hit and then fought Corson. He's starting to play with passion, I haven't seen him play like this in a while.

Last edited by That: 11-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 09:37 PM
NewHabsEra*

Any infos about Thrower? Back to the action soon?

Old
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
crakced

I had read that Thrower might be back on Friday, then yesterday read he wouldn't be back on Friday. So not yet, but must be getting closer.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
CH4

I like Zlobin but he is very inconsistent.

Beauvillier has zero hockey sense at all. except from blazing speed he has zero vbalue as a prospect.

I've never seen Nystrom but I'm very comfortable with the pick.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:04 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I watched the Vail game last night, thought it was the best i've seen from him yet as he could easily of had 3 or more points. Would like to see him improve his lower body strength though.

Closed Thread