HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2012, 07:43 AM
  #226
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
Tomko is terrible. His only luck is that he's a member of U18 NT (don't know how he was able to get there...) and thus he has to play in U20 league. Last year he played in 2nd tier Slovak U18 league and he was everything but the best defenseman in the league. He's slow and soft, has no hands and zero vision.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 03:09 PM
  #227
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Tomko is terrible. His only luck is that he's a member of U18 NT (don't know how he was able to get there...) and thus he has to play in U20 league. Last year he played in 2nd tier Slovak U18 league and he was everything but the best defenseman in the league. He's slow and soft, has no hands and zero vision.
good evaluation

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 05:05 PM
  #228
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
Anyway, I'm little bit surprised that there's no Erik Černák hype . I remember last year there was a sign of hype on Juraj Šiška as he played for U20 Nitra from the very beginning as 1996 born player.

Černák is 1997 and he's, along with Valjent, the best D-man of the leader of U20 Extraliga - HC Slovan Bratislava. He was even the captain of Slovak U17 team even though he could play for U16 national team as well. He has great parameters for 15-year-old kid – 191 cm and 92 kg. I can prove that stats they're accurate.

Really good skating even though he's tall, good vision, very solid puck-moving skills, but he should more use his body to protect the puk and he should not be afraid of physical attacks. Maybe it's because he's the youngest player of the team and of the league as well.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 03:24 AM
  #229
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Anyway, I'm little bit surprised that there's no Erik Černák hype .
And thats why we have this topic. Everyone can put here some interesting name.
Good to know, that we have another D prospect.
Btw. Did you or someone else saw Radovan Bondra? top scorer of U 18 league. He is also big man (190 cm). What are his strong skills? Or opposite..

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:08 AM
  #230
Indian
Registered User
 
Indian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Košice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
You can read something about Černák on slovakprospects.com.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:14 AM
  #231
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
I don't want to evalute Bondra. He's really hard to evaluate. Plus I have seen him just in four games.

His stats are impressive, but from what I saw, he is often invisible, looks sloppy, but then suddenly he scores twice. His skating is an issue plus his hands are not so skilled. On the other hand, his wristshot is really good (and accurate), he can use his body.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:45 AM
  #232
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Anyway, I'm little bit surprised that there's no Erik Černák hype . I remember last year there was a sign of hype on Juraj Šiška as he played for U20 Nitra from the very beginning as 1996 born player.

Černák is 1997 and he's, along with Valjent, the best D-man of the leader of U20 Extraliga - HC Slovan Bratislava. He was even the captain of Slovak U17 team even though he could play for U16 national team as well. He has great parameters for 15-year-old kid – 191 cm and 92 kg. I can prove that stats they're accurate.

Really good skating even though he's tall, good vision, very solid puck-moving skills, but he should more use his body to protect the puk and he should not be afraid of physical attacks. Maybe it's because he's the youngest player of the team and of the league as well.
haven´t seen Cernak yet but heard good things on him.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:21 PM
  #233
Eyelanders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
If you´re interested in seeing Cernak and co., you can watch here a game between Slovakia U17 and Finland U17.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
  #234
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
just noticed this on the RW board, sombeody here might want to know...

Quote:
@MiHockeyNow
#RedWings pick Marek Tvrdon (2011, 4th rd) had an operation on a blocked vein in his shoulder, will be out remainder of WHL season.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:37 AM
  #235
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
just noticed this on the RW board, sombeody here might want to know...
that pretty sad. Our junior national team lost another forward. I hope, someone else will jump up on his place.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:13 AM
  #236
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Does anyone know what´s Gernát´s and Reway´s injury status and what are their chances of being good to go for the WJC?

On a different note, the guys in AHL have been doing pretty well lately. 5 goals from Tatar in last 3 games, Pánik on a 10 game long point streak (7G+6A), Marinčin with 1G+ 6A, +7 in last 7 games, Hrivík with a goal and 3 assists in last 3 games and Jurčo with 3 goals and an assist in last 4 games.

In the QMJHL on the other hand...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:16 AM
  #237
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Does anyone know what´s Gernát´s and Reway´s injury status and what are their chances of being good to go for the WJC?

On a different note, the guys in AHL have been doing pretty well lately. 5 goals from Tatar in last 3 games, Pánik on a 10 game long point streak (7G+6A), Marinčin with 1G+ 6A, +7 in last 7 games, Hrivík with a goal and 3 assists in last 3 games and Jurčo with 3 goals and an assist in last 4 games.

In the QMJHL on the other hand...
If they're missing Slovakia will be in tough. They're already missing Tvrdon who's done for the season.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:34 PM
  #238
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,848
vCash: 500
I'd like to know what you think on those players

Mislav Rosandic, D, HC´05 Banská Bystrica o.z., I see him listed as a D-man and forward, pending on the place. Just wondering what position he plays exactly and what you think of him.

Ondrej Brijak, D, Košice s.r.o.
David Soltes, RW, Košice s.r.o.
David Griger, C, HK POPRAD
Jakub Varga, D, HK S.N.Ves
Maros Mikolas, G, MsHK Zilina


Last edited by Mathletic: 11-27-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:14 AM
  #239
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I'd like to know what you think on those players

Mislav Rosandic, D, HC´05 Banská Bystrica o.z., I see him listed as a D-man and forwards, pending on the place. Just wondering what position he plays exactly and what you think of him.

Ondrej Brijak, D, Košice s.r.o.
David Soltes, RW, Košice s.r.o.
David Griger, C, HK POPRAD
Jakub Varga, D, HK S.N.Ves
Maros Mikolas, G, MsHK Zilina
Rosandic shifted his position in summer from forward to D. Not bad player.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
  #240
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I'd like to know what you think on those players

Mislav Rosandic, D, HC´05 Banská Bystrica o.z., I see him listed as a D-man and forward, pending on the place. Just wondering what position he plays exactly and what you think of him.

Ondrej Brijak, D, Košice s.r.o.
David Soltes, RW, Košice s.r.o.
David Griger, C, HK POPRAD
Jakub Varga, D, HK S.N.Ves
Maros Mikolas, G, MsHK Zilina
Gríger is skilled righthanded player with good on ice vision and decent wrist shot. He's a bit undersized (178 cm / 5'10", 76 kg / 168 lbs) and still need to add muscles on his frame. In junior league he played center and he has got pretty good face-off percentage. Nowadays he's playing RW in 4.line in Slovak Extraliga for HK Poprad senior team. Unfortunately his time on ice is under 10 minutes per game...
His potencial is somewhere between star player in Slovak Extraliga/regular player in Czech Extraliga or KHL. Maybe a late round NHL pick...


Last edited by Krotak: 11-28-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 12:01 PM
  #241
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I'd like to know what you think on those players

Mislav Rosandic, D, HC´05 Banská Bystrica o.z., I see him listed as a D-man and forward, pending on the place. Just wondering what position he plays exactly and what you think of him.

Ondrej Brijak, D, Košice s.r.o.
David Soltes, RW, Košice s.r.o.
David Griger, C, HK POPRAD
Jakub Varga, D, HK S.N.Ves
Maros Mikolas, G, MsHK Zilina
Although I haven't seen him live I found this interesting article about him . According to the arcticle Toronto Maple Leafs' european scout takes a look on him closely. Goalie Mikoláš surprised scouts at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup. Especially his perfect performance against Canada.

His former junior coach Jozef Urdák said about Mikoláš, that he's very fast goalie with excellent reflexes and has got perfect goalie stance.

http://translate.google.com/translat...a-toronto.html


Last edited by Krotak: 11-28-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:48 AM
  #242
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Gríger is skilled righthanded player with good on ice vision and decent wrist shot. He's a bit undersized (178 cm / 5'10", 76 kg / 168 lbs) and still need to add muscles on his frame. In junior league he played center and he has got pretty good face-off percentage. Nowadays he's playing RW in 4.line in Slovak Extraliga for HK Poprad senior team. Unfortunately his time on ice is under 10 minutes per game...
His potencial is somewhere between star player in Slovak Extraliga/regular player in Czech Extraliga or KHL. Maybe a late round NHL pick...
Griger has some skills and hockey sense but is slow skater and doesn´t compete very hard. No chance as NHL draft pick.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:31 AM
  #243
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Happy to see Jurco under the wing of Tatar and able to watch a player lik Nyquist. Panik looks good too. Slovakia have some good young prospects in Kudrna, Jurco, Panik, Tatar, Hrivik and Marincin and Gernat on defence. What do you guys think about these players Koys, Torok, Paulovic, Rehak, Reway. The junior crop seems a bit weaker from Slovakia, no? Who has the most potential out of the 95's I mentioned and how many are likely to play WJC this year?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:35 AM
  #244
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Happy to see Jurco under the wing of Tatar and able to watch a player lik Nyquist. Panik looks good too. Slovakia have some good young prospects in Kudrna, Jurco, Panik, Tatar, Hrivik and Marincin and Gernat on defence. What do you guys think about these players Koys, Torok, Paulovic, Rehak, Reway. The junior crop seems a bit weaker from Slovakia, no? Who has the most potential out of the 95's I mentioned and how many are likely to play WJC this year?
Tatar, Pánik, Jurčo, Marinčin and Gernát are future Slovakian NT players. I'm not so sure about Kudrna and even Hrivík. IMO there are better forward prospects in Slovakia:

Libor Hudáček (Slovan Bratislava/KHL)
Martin Bakoš (Slovan Bratislava/KHL)
Andrej Šťastný (Slovan Bratislava/KHL)
Radoslav Tybor (Dukla Trenčín/Slovakian Extraliga)
Michael Vandas (HK Poprad/Slovakian Extraliga)
Ján Sýkora (HC05 Banská Bystrica/Slovakian Extraliga)

Interesting prospect is even Radovan Puliš (HKM Zvolen/Slovakian Extraliga). Unfortunately injuries slowed his development.

I think the best players out of 95's and 94's group are Martin Réway and Marko Daňo (Slovan Bratislava/KHL). It's likely they will play WJC this year. Not so sure about the others.

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
  #245
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Really quit on here, who is Likely to make the WJC team? Something Like....
Reway-Dano-Mikus
Paulovic-Nemcek-Koys
Bezuch-Kristof-Vasko
Dolnik-Salka-Lunter
Mraz

Not familiar with the players but this seems like a really down year. Dissapointing, when you compare to the Czechs who are also supposed to be in a slump there are no prospects other than maybe Dano and Rewar close to the level of players like Frk, Jaskin, Hertl, Faksa.


Last edited by wings5: 11-29-2012 at 05:16 PM.
wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:32 AM
  #246
DrPabloRamirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nevidzany, ZM
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Really quit on here, who is Likely to make the WJC team? Something Like....
Reway-Dano-Mikus
Paulovic-Nemcek-Koys
Bezuch-Kristof-Vasko
Dolnik-Salka-Lunter
Mraz

Not familiar with the players but this seems like a really down year. Dissapointing, when you compare to the Czechs who are also supposed to be in a slump there are no prospects other than maybe Dano and Rewar close to the level of players like Frk, Jaskin, Hertl, Faksa.
You totally forgot our famous orange team.
Dano and Mikus are safe, Vasko and Dolnik probably too. Reway - there are three reasons why not: still recovering from concussion, "too young" for Slovak U20 team according strange slovak criterias, he was sent home before U18 MIH 2012 for disciplinary reasons. Paulovic, Koys and Salka - no chance to make team, I am not sure about Lunter. Kristof is the best scorer of U20 SM-liiga, he was injured during last international break and Bokros didn´t see him in action. Bezuch has some chances. Mraz - don´t know if you mean Bruno or Richard, Richard left last league game with shoulder injury, both have chances to play in Ufa. Nemcek is the biggest mystery of slovak junior hockey. One of the our best prospects, playing in senior extraliga for second season, but his chances to make a team are minimal - he is simply on ignore list.
Gernat is injured and Duben ignored. Cehlarik will be probably not invited - "too young rule".

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:52 AM
  #247
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
You totally forgot our famous orange team.
Dano and Mikus are safe, Vasko and Dolnik probably too. Reway - there are three reasons why not: still recovering from concussion, "too young" for Slovak U20 team according strange slovak criterias, he was sent home before U18 MIH 2012 for disciplinary reasons. Paulovic, Koys and Salka - no chance to make team, I am not sure about Lunter. Kristof is the best scorer of U20 SM-liiga, he was injured during last international break and Bokros didn´t see him in action. Bezuch has some chances. Mraz - don´t know if you mean Bruno or Richard, Richard left last league game with shoulder injury, both have chances to play in Ufa. Nemcek is the biggest mystery of slovak junior hockey. One of the our best prospects, playing in senior extraliga for second season, but his chances to make a team are minimal - he is simply on ignore list.
Gernat is injured and Duben ignored. Cehlarik will be probably not invited - "too young rule".
You think these players have an advantage over others? Hmm, well no one is scoring in bunches so it is hard to say who is standing out. Does this experience make them better suited than other players in different teams and leagues?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:55 AM
  #248
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
You totally forgot our famous orange team.
Dano and Mikus are safe, Vasko and Dolnik probably too. Reway - there are three reasons why not: still recovering from concussion, "too young" for Slovak U20 team according strange slovak criterias, he was sent home before U18 MIH 2012 for disciplinary reasons. Paulovic, Koys and Salka - no chance to make team, I am not sure about Lunter. Kristof is the best scorer of U20 SM-liiga, he was injured during last international break and Bokros didn´t see him in action. Bezuch has some chances. Mraz - don´t know if you mean Bruno or Richard, Richard left last league game with shoulder injury, both have chances to play in Ufa. Nemcek is the biggest mystery of slovak junior hockey. One of the our best prospects, playing in senior extraliga for second season, but his chances to make a team are minimal - he is simply on ignore list.
Gernat is injured and Duben ignored. Cehlarik will be probably not invited - "too young rule".
I think you´re wrong about the Reway thing, Bokroš has always mentioned him between the NA guys he was considering for WJC and AFAIK Bokroš doesn´t seem to have such a problem with younger players playing at the WJC (he already took quite a few underagers both to the WJC and U18 WC last year), the too young to play rule was more of a Mikeš´ thing I think. Also the argument with being thrown out of the U18 team, there was no trouble between Bokroš and Reway when he played under him during he U18 WC, so I think they can make it through the WJC as well. The injury thing might be the biggest trouble, but otherwise while I´m not saying that he will 100% make the team the chances that he gets an invitation are really high especially with Tvrdoň´s injury.

As for the comparions with the Czechs, wings5, I really hate that one as it makes no sense as despite common history they both have always been somewhere different since independence in depth (>30 000 junior players vs 6000 junior players) as well as the conditions that Czech and Slovak teams have. You must remember that even if the Czechs might be in trouble their conditions even then still are better than ours.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
  #249
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I think you´re wrong about the Reway thing, Bokroš has always mentioned him between the NA guys he was considering for WJC and AFAIK Bokroš doesn´t seem to have such a problem with younger players playing at the WJC (he already took quite a few underagers both to the WJC and U18 WC last year), the too young to play rule was more of a Mikeš´ thing I think. Also the argument with being thrown out of the U18 team, there was no trouble between Bokroš and Reway when he played under him during he U18 WC, so I think they can make it through the WJC as well. The injury thing might be the biggest trouble, but otherwise while I´m not saying that he will 100% make the team the chances that he gets an invitation are really high especially with Tvrdoň´s injury.

As for the comparions with the Czechs, wings5, I really hate that one as it makes no sense as despite common history they both have always been somewhere different since independence in depth (>30 000 junior players vs 6000 junior players) as well as the conditions that Czech and Slovak teams have. You must remember that even if the Czechs might be in trouble their conditions even then still are better than ours.
30,000 v.s 6,000? Wow had no idea there was such a huge gap in registered players, why is this? Has to be more than just a population difference.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:24 AM
  #250
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
30,000 v.s 6,000? Wow had no idea there was such a huge gap in registered players, why is this? Has to be more than just a population difference.
Actually, I think the gap used to be even bigger not so long ago, but the number of Czech junior registered players has fallen dramatically in the last few years.

As for the reasons I´m not absolutely sure as I´m not even quite sure if it used to be same during Czechoslovakia times as I have no data for that time. But the two reasons I could think of are as follows:

- number of indoor rinks - 148 in the Czech republic and 47 in Slovakia (and it was much closer to 40 not so long ago), which means that we still have a lot of regions where hockey is not easily accessible (I think especially in South and East Slovakia) and parents would have to drive their children several km to every practice and therefore choose other sport/no sport for their children

- economic situation in both countries. While we were the same country once it´s a pure fact that the Czechs have always been in a better economic situation than Slovakia and especially the 1990s/early 2000s when the current generations of junior/young NT players started playing were a pretty hard time for our country.

One more thing, while the WJC is a great tournament and I greatly enjoy it and look forward to it every year and it has basically become a part of my Christmas tradition, the fact is that its implication for a country´s senior NT shouldn´t be overvalued. Especially when it comes to countries like Slovakia who has always had such a limited depth of players. Also take for example last years Slovak team at the IHWC there have been several players whose role back when they were at the WJCs was not so great, but they managed to impress on the men´ stage and ot the other hand there have been lots of players who made a bang at the WJC and never made it at the men´s level.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Š2014 All Rights Reserved.