HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
And the regular season in NCAAB is severely devalued because of that. NOBODY pays attention until the tournament other than the extreme diehards. The regular season is also 3x the length, plus a conference tournament.

Football just has a lot fewer games and they all have much more value and impact on the final standings. I'd even be okay with the NFL cutting back their playoffs to only include the division winners.
Exactly.

One of the best arguments against a NCCAF playoff is that even the NCAABB Tourney hasn't found a # they're satisfied with. What are they up to, 64? I would be totally happy with the only teams eligible for an NCAAF tourney being the conference champs but they're going to do the same thing they did in BBall and keep adding teams until it's half of the DIV 1 schools.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:50 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
but they're going to do the same thing they did in BBall and keep adding teams until it's half of the DIV 1 schools.
19.6% of Division 1 teams make the basketball tournament. They would have to add another 105 teams to the tournament to make it 50%.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I will just be interested to see if the greed finally runs up against the best interests of the student-athlete

with 12 game regular season, a conference championship game, and now two playoff games, the NCAA champs will have essentially played an NFL length season

and every extra week of practice and every extra game is a chance that some kid who is a lock to get drafted and make life changing money blows out a knee or sustains some other injury that substantially harms his ability to earn a living in the pros, all for the sake if college greed....

Old
11-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I will just be interested to see if the greed finally runs up against the best interests of the student-athlete

with 12 game regular season, a conference championship game, and now two playoff games, the NCAA champs will have essentially played an NFL length season

and every extra week of practice and every extra game is a chance that some kid who is a lock to get drafted and make life changing money blows out a knee or sustains some other injury that substantially harms his ability to earn a living in the pros, all for the sake if college greed....
It also gives a kid on the bubble another chance to add to his resume and try to get drafted.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Legionnaire11

MTSU jumps from Sun Belt conference to Conference USA... i'm really not sure that it's a step forward, but I think the national perception is that C-USA is better and apparently this is an effort to build their prestige a bit as they try to gain entrance to the Big East

edit: upon further review, it seems that C-USA is a decent step up especially with FIU, FAU and North Texas making the transition as well. And some time around 2015 the conference will merge/align with the Mountain West conference.

Last edited by Legionnaire11: 11-28-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 02:50 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I would rather see MWC and the WAC merge instead of CUSA. CUSA + Big (L)east would work too.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Exactly.

One of the best arguments against a NCCAF playoff is that even the NCAABB Tourney hasn't found a # they're satisfied with. What are they up to, 64? I would be totally happy with the only teams eligible for an NCAAF tourney being the conference champs but they're going to do the same thing they did in BBall and keep adding teams until it's half of the DIV 1 schools.
Less than 20% of Division I basketball teams go to the NCAA tournament. (It's 68, for the record.) Lacrosse sends 16 of 61 teams (26%), college hockey sends 16 out of 59 (27%), and men's soccer sends 48 of 302 teams (15%). FCS presently sends 20 of 125, and will send 24 next year (roughly 19%).

A 24-team I-A football championship would have about the same proportion as men's basketball or FCS football.

As for the Mighty Mitsoo and FAU moving to C-USA, that's an aftershock move from ECU and Tulane taking their football teams (and all sports, in Tulane's case) to the Big East. The frankenconference continues, although it continues without Louisville.

This should be a very good move for the Blue Raiders, though. C-USA is generally a more prestigious league for football, and a much more competitive league for basketball (although losing Memphis is a big bruise for them to recover from). This will be a good move for the department.

Meanwhile, the Sun Belt is looking for teams, meaning Appalachian State and Georgia Southern have no reason not to make the move. Sam Houston State and Lamar are options, as is Jacksonville State, but ASU is by far the most attractive option, and GASO are their long-standing rivals.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:26 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
I could see Louisville being attracted to the ACC, especially if the Big East's BCS status is in jeopardy. From a basketball standpoint its probably a wash and it would be an upgrade in football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
As for the Mighty Mitsoo and FAU moving to C-USA, that's an aftershock move from ECU and Tulane taking their football teams (and all sports, in Tulane's case) to the Big East. The frankenconference continues, although it continues without Louisville.

called it!

Old
11-29-2012, 06:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Apparently this got overlooked somehow, but the Titans fired Chris Palmer on Tuesday, and brought in former Colts OC Tom Moore as a consultant today. At least they're trying, I guess...

Old
11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress are not anywhere in the same time zone as Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

You knew the Calipari "rebuild it from the ground up every year" model couldnt work out well every year....

I just wonder if he's going to make these turds go pro anyway to make room for next years class...

Old
11-30-2012, 12:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress are not anywhere in the same time zone as Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

You knew the Calipari "rebuild it from the ground up every year" model couldnt work out well every year....

I just wonder if he's going to make these turds go pro anyway to make room for next years class...
whats funny is not all the guys they send are impact guys. Terrance Jones I heard was sent to the D League today

Old
12-01-2012, 05:46 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

Yes, they will be gone. Noel is already being projected at #2 overall. Why would he not go?

Next year's crop of freshmen stand to be the greatest class in the entire history of college basketball. It's insane. You know it's crazy when every game that Vitale has done so far he mentions kentucky and how you better beat them now because next year they could be unstoppable.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:47 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
whats funny is not all the guys they send are impact guys. Terrance Jones I heard was sent to the D League today
No matter. NBA drafts on potential.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
NoNecksCurse

whew, what a game. roll tide.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Yes, they will be gone. Noel is already being projected at #2 overall. Why would he not go?

Next year's crop of freshmen stand to be the greatest class in the entire history of college basketball. It's insane. You know it's crazy when every game that Vitale has done so far he mentions kentucky and how you better beat them now because next year they could be unstoppable.
the problem is they dont all pan out and mesh... last years group was special both because of Davis and K-G, but also because they had Lamb and Miller (and Jones)who were veterans...

this years bunch has Wiltjer for experience, thats it...

Im hoping a couple of this years players stick around for next year to help mold that awesome class..

Old
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

looking like Wisconsin's record really is deceiving.... gonna have a 5 loss team in the Rose Bowl....

Old
12-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
looking like Wisconsin's record really is deceiving.... gonna have a 5 loss team in the Rose Bowl....
That game is hurting my eyes both teams wear the same uniforms

Old
12-01-2012, 10:04 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
They lost 3 overtime games in the last 4 weeks (one to Ohio State which would be playing in the national championship most likely if they weren't on probation) they blew a 17 point lead in Nebraska after Joel Stave got hurt and they went with Danny O'Brien instead of Phillips and they lost by 3 to Oregon State in Corvallis with Danny O'Brien starting and they should have had a chance to at the very least tie the game but the refs completely blew a call on the onside kick that they had right but reversed it on replay even though it was clear it should have been Wisconsin ball.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Legionnaire11

didn't really think the Titans season could get any lower, then today happens.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
didn't really think the Titans season could get any lower, then today happens.
They got a chance to make it a ball game, and then Locker fell down.

They also didn't run the ball at all, with four cracks at it inside the 15 yard line. Johnson has THIRTEEN ****ING CARRIES. That's inexcusable and entirely on the offensive coordinator. I know they already fired Palmer, but I think Munchak is gone at season's end if they can't show some sign of improvement. Yeah, Houston is the best team in the AFC, but this execution is bad even by Tennessee's standards.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Legionnaire11

this little bit of success in the 4th quarter makes it even worse. what the heck were you doing for three quarters?

Old
12-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Legionnaire11

Officials also have no desire to call pass interference today.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Kendall Wright is apparently terrified of prolate spheroids.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Time for Munchack to go ... It's apparent that he's not up to the task #tiredofgoinginsidetheorganizationfornextcoach oh and #FUNHL

Old
12-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

cue the Gruden to Titans rumors

Closed Thread