HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miikka Kiprusoff

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
  #1
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Miikka Kiprusoff

One year left, with a cap hit of 5.8 and an actual of 1.5. Still puts up very solid numbers, what would other teams be willing to give.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:24 AM
  #2
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
One year left, with a cap hit of 5.8 and an actual of 1.5. Still puts up very solid numbers, what would other teams be willing to give.
As a Flames fan, it would be easier if you'd start with what you would take....we'd work from there.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
  #3
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
As a Flames fan, it would be easier if you'd start with what you would take....we'd work from there.
If the flames move Kipper, it would signal the beginning of the rebuild, so picks, prospects and young players.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
  #4
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
If the flames move Kipper, it would signal the beginning of the rebuild, so picks, prospects and young players.
The Leafs, for obvious reasons, would be interested, but if it's our 1st plus....probably lean towards Luongo.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:53 AM
  #5
Cheddabombs
Status Quo
 
Cheddabombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
The Leafs, for obvious reasons, would be interested, but if it's our 1st plus....probably lean towards Luongo.
Really? Kipper isnt exactly a young gun anymore and while he does probably have a few more good seasons ahead of him I'd have to think the Leafs aren't going to trade away future assets for an aging goalie.

The first team that comes to mind if Kipper is going to be dealt would be the Blackhawks. A team built to contend, just a solid goalie away from becoming probably one of the favourites for the cup. I dont know the Blackhawks well enough to shoot up an offer, and my analysis of their need for Kipper could be wrong but that's just an outsiders' perspective.

Maybe something along the lines of McNeil + 1st for Kipper or Saad + 2nd? I really dont know their prospects well enough so Im probably off.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
  #6
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
The Leafs, for obvious reasons, would be interested, but if it's our 1st plus....probably lean towards Luongo.
The leafs have a few interesting prospects, Biggs, Blacker, Colborne to name a few.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:56 AM
  #7
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
The leafs have a few interesting prospects, Biggs, Blacker, Colborne to name a few.
Could work something here.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
  #8
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Really? Kipper isnt exactly a young gun anymore and while he does probably have a few more good seasons ahead of him I'd have to think the Leafs aren't going to trade away future assets for an aging goalie.

The first team that comes to mind if Kipper is going to be dealt would be the Blackhawks. A team built to contend, just a solid goalie away from becoming probably one of the favourites for the cup. I dont know the Blackhawks well enough to shoot up an offer, and my analysis of their need for Kipper could be wrong but that's just an outsiders' perspective.

Maybe something along the lines of McNeil + 1st for Kipper or Saad + 2nd? I really dont know their prospects well enough so Im probably off.
A short term vet is exactly what the Leafs need right now. Someone to give stability in goal and mentor our young guys.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:06 PM
  #9
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Really? Kipper isnt exactly a young gun anymore and while he does probably have a few more good seasons ahead of him I'd have to think the Leafs aren't going to trade away future assets for an aging goalie.

The first team that comes to mind if Kipper is going to be dealt would be the Blackhawks. A team built to contend, just a solid goalie away from becoming probably one of the favourites for the cup. I dont know the Blackhawks well enough to shoot up an offer, and my analysis of their need for Kipper could be wrong but that's just an outsiders' perspective.

Maybe something along the lines of McNeil + 1st for Kipper or Saad + 2nd? I really dont know their prospects well enough so Im probably off.
McNeil+1st sounds pretty good, really liked his game in the super series, might need a little more though. Don't think the hawks would consider Saad.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:08 PM
  #10
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 50
How about just the Leafs' 1st? I'd expect it to land in the middle of the round (although if we're talking full lottery they'd have three balls).

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:10 PM
  #11
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
How about just the Leafs' 1st? I'd expect it to land in the middle of the round (although if we're talking full lottery they'd have three balls).
Lottery won't be an issue, that would mean the season was canceled thus no trades would happen.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:13 PM
  #12
Cheddabombs
Status Quo
 
Cheddabombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
A short term vet is exactly what the Leafs need right now. Someone to give stability in goal and mentor our young guys.
I get that but at the same time Kipper is no slouch and will command a hefty price. Is that something the Leafs would want to take on for really only 1 guaranteed year of service? Given the big price tag on Kipper I'd think the Leafs would be better suited using those assets elsewhere.

At this point it's safe to rule out this season from happening IMO so looking at next years' UFA goalie corp there are a few vets that could be had for mentorship purposes without giving up the amount of assets needed to snag Kipper (Mason, Boucher, Theodore, plus others that have a smaller chance of hitting the market like Backstrom).

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:14 PM
  #13
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,653
vCash: 133
Kipper is still a fantastic goalie and id be so sad to see him go.

Having said that. He is 36 years old, he only has MAX 4 years left, more likely 3.

Of those, how many will be in that "top-10 goalie range"? Maybe 2? He also has a fairly large cap hit, meaning wherever he goes, we will likely see salary coming back.

So with all the considered im going to play off the Toronto dialog so far in this thread:

To Toronto:

Kiprusoff
Nemisz

To Calgary:

Colborne
Reimer
2nd 2014
Conditional 2014 3rd (Toronto makes it to and past, the 1st round of the playoffs).

Toronto gets their goalie, and a good NHL ready wing prospect in Nemisz (should be a great 3rd liner, good on the PK).

Calgary gets a great young C prospect in Colborne and Reimer to compete with Irving and Ramo for starter.

Calgary also gets a 2nd rounder, which will likely land in the 40-50 range, depending on just how well Toronto does next year.

Edited: Added conditional.


Last edited by InfinityIggy: 11-30-2012 at 12:22 PM.
InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:15 PM
  #14
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
I get that but at the same time Kipper is no slouch and will command a hefty price. Is that something the Leafs would want to take on for really only 1 guaranteed year of service? Given the big price tag on Kipper I'd think the Leafs would be better suited using those assets elsewhere.

At this point it's safe to rule out this season from happening IMO so looking at next years' UFA goalie corp there are a few vets that could be had for mentorship purposes without giving up the amount of assets needed to snag Kipper (Mason, Boucher, Theodore, plus others that have a smaller chance of hitting the market like Backstrom).
I agree...thats why i said if the demands are close...i go with Luongo.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:15 PM
  #15
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lottery won't be an issue, that would mean the season was canceled thus no trades would happen.
If the season was cancelled but a new CBA had been signed, presumably they'd be able to make trades though, non?

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:21 PM
  #16
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
If the season was cancelled but a new CBA had been signed, presumably they'd be able to make trades though, non?
This is true, however, i think if the season is canceled we are in for a long haul to get a deal done...off topic though.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:23 PM
  #17
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 31,498
vCash: 237
This is so far-fetched but if Nabokov retires or leaves, I can see the Isles having interest. The salary to cap hit ratio is right up Garth/Wangs alley.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:25 PM
  #18
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Kipper is still a fantastic goalie and id be so sad to see him go.

Having said that. He is 36 years old, he only has MAX 4 years left, more likely 3.

Of those, how many will be in that "top-10 goalie range"? Maybe 2? He also has a fairly large cap hit, meaning wherever he goes, we will likely see salary coming back.

So with all the considered im going to play off the Toronto dialog so far in this thread:

To Toronto:

Kiprusoff
Nemisz

To Calgary:

Colborne
Reimer
2nd 2014
Conditional 2014 3rd (Toronto makes it to and past, the 1st round of the playoffs).

Toronto gets their goalie, and a good NHL ready wing prospect in Nemisz (should be a great 3rd liner, good on the PK).

Calgary gets a great young C prospect in Colborne and Reimer to compete with Irving and Ramo for starter.

Calgary also gets a 2nd rounder, which will likely land in the 40-50 range, depending on just how well Toronto does next year.

Edited: Added conditional.
Ouch, that's brutal! Take out Nemisz and it's close but not interested in quantity for quality.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:29 PM
  #19
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 26,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
A short term vet is exactly what the Leafs need right now. Someone to give stability in goal and mentor our young guys.
Absolutely, much better option than Luongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Kipper is still a fantastic goalie and id be so sad to see him go.

Having said that. He is 36 years old, he only has MAX 4 years left, more likely 3.

Of those, how many will be in that "top-10 goalie range"? Maybe 2? He also has a fairly large cap hit, meaning wherever he goes, we will likely see salary coming back.

So with all the considered im going to play off the Toronto dialog so far in this thread:

To Toronto:

Kiprusoff
Nemisz

To Calgary:

Colborne
Reimer
2nd 2014
Conditional 2014 3rd (Toronto makes it to and past, the 1st round of the playoffs).

Toronto gets their goalie, and a good NHL ready wing prospect in Nemisz (should be a great 3rd liner, good on the PK).

Calgary gets a great young C prospect in Colborne and Reimer to compete with Irving and Ramo for starter.

Calgary also gets a 2nd rounder, which will likely land in the 40-50 range, depending on just how well Toronto does next year.

Edited: Added conditional.
I think the Leafs would be all over this.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
  #20
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Ouch, that's brutal! Take out Nemisz and it's close but not interested in quantity for quality.
Ok, so Nemisz is out and remove 1 of the picks on TO's side?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
  #21
Backlund
Registered User
 
Backlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,747
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Kipper is still a fantastic goalie and id be so sad to see him go.

Having said that. He is 36 years old, he only has MAX 4 years left, more likely 3.

Of those, how many will be in that "top-10 goalie range"? Maybe 2? He also has a fairly large cap hit, meaning wherever he goes, we will likely see salary coming back.

So with all the considered im going to play off the Toronto dialog so far in this thread:

To Toronto:

Kiprusoff
Nemisz

To Calgary:

Colborne
Reimer
2nd 2014
Conditional 2014 3rd (Toronto makes it to and past, the 1st round of the playoffs).

Toronto gets their goalie, and a good NHL ready wing prospect in Nemisz (should be a great 3rd liner, good on the PK).

Calgary gets a great young C prospect in Colborne and Reimer to compete with Irving and Ramo for starter.

Calgary also gets a 2nd rounder, which will likely land in the 40-50 range, depending on just how well Toronto does next year.

Edited: Added conditional.

Not a fan of this proposal.

Backlund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:38 PM
  #22
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Calgary can do so much better then returning a player like Reimer or Colborne in a deal for Kipper. I know a Flames fan suggested that but get off the Toronto hype train. Colborne still has alot of his game that needs to be worked on/put together before he's in the NHL.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:45 PM
  #23
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,653
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
Not a fan of this proposal.
I figured most Flames fan wouldn't be jumping out of their pants for my proposal.

We need to be realistic about Kippers value though. He is not going to bring back a blue-chip prospect, or a high level 1st. Maybe if this is the 2014 trade deadline, Toronto would include their 1st (if they are in playoff range)? There will also only be a handful of teams looking for a goalie like Kipper.

My trade was more based around an off-season situation.

The other factor we could modify is Reimer, I included him to keep goalie levels on both teams even, maybe Reimer would be a great backup behind Kipper though, and Toronto would be more interested in moving a skater. Possibly Jesse Blacker or Nazem Kadri?

So:

Kipper

For:

Colborne
Kadri/Blacker
Cond. 3rd

How about that? Certainly helps Calgary's cupboard.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:49 PM
  #24
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 26,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Calgary can do so much better then returning a player like Reimer or Colborne in a deal for Kipper. I know a Flames fan suggested that but get off the Toronto hype train. Colborne still has alot of his game that needs to be worked on/put together before he's in the NHL.
Does such a thing exist?

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:50 PM
  #25
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I figured most Flames fan wouldn't be jumping out of their pants for my proposal.

We need to be realistic about Kippers value though. He is not going to bring back a blue-chip prospect, or a high level 1st. Maybe if this is the 2014 trade deadline, Toronto would include their 1st (if they are in playoff range)? There will also only be a handful of teams looking for a goalie like Kipper.

My trade was more based around an off-season situation.

The other factor we could modify is Reimer, I included him to keep goalie levels on both teams even, maybe Reimer would be a great backup behind Kipper though, and Toronto would be more interested in moving a skater. Possibly Jesse Blacker or Nazem Kadri?

So:

Kipper

For:

Colborne
Kadri/Blacker
Cond. 3rd
How about that? Certainly helps Calgary's cupboard.
Yup. 3rd doesn't need to be conditional.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.