Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 03:52 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
The 4th line wont be a big issue. These things wont be allowed to efffect the team in a negative way (just my opinion) Itll get sorted, if not already.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:13 PM
KnightsInsider93

Guys. Who moves down to line 4? Elie-Platzer-________???

Welychka is my bet.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
aresknights

With Dale ya never know.

Wely or Ferry is my guess.

If he reunites the Tierney/ Bo/ Anderson line I guess its Ferry and Wely goes with Rups.

If he keeps Tierney and Bo at the centre position (Im a fan of this move) Id go with Wely being moved to the 4th line but its all just a guess

Old
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
KnightWatch

It "should" be Ferry. Wely played well with the Ruperts last season and, even though I like the guy, Ferry's offensive abilities are, shall we say,.......lacking.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWatch View Post
It "should" be Ferry. Wely played well with the Ruperts last season and, even though I like the guy, Ferry's offensive abilities are, shall we say,.......lacking.
Ferrys had numerous great scoring ops the last couple weeks and just doesnt have that sniper ability (to say the least) Either the goalie makes a highlight reel save on him or its flubbed. Either way wasted ops. He does however contribute to the teams success. Could he be a player MArk looks at an upgrade for regardless of if its an OA or not? Not sure, but of the reg dressed Fs hed be in tough to dress if Mark picks up another F and doesnt move a reg F to do it.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:36 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Guys. Who moves down to line 4? Elie-Platzer-________???

Welychka is my bet.
I thought when u posted you knew Matt would be in?
Elie/Platz n Jammes on that unit

Old
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
aresknights

2-2 early 2nd.
Knights out shooting Barrie 22-7.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
2-2 early 2nd.
Knights out shooting Barrie 22-7.
Don't know if I'm hoping more for a win or for somebody to cream AA....

Hopefully both!

Old
11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
sbrug

A good game for the Knights for the most part. Had the powerplays been more even, I don't think the score would have been as close. Also, R. Rupert looks terrible. I don't think it has much to do with his shoulder because he looks like the exact player before he was hurt. He's a good player but I do feel that his teammates make him look slow out there. Getting a goal would help.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:30 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
A good game for the Knights for the most part. Had the powerplays been more even, I don't think the score would have been as close. Also, R. Rupert looks terrible. I don't think it has much to do with his shoulder because he looks like the exact player before he was hurt. He's a good player but I do feel that his teammates make him look slow out there. Getting a goal would help.
I think its sad the amount of playing time Ryan has had and has nothing to show for it. He certainly doesn't look like the same player from last year.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
KnightSpit

Knights Will Be There

Like the way the Knights are playing as of late. Consistency is the most important thing. No worries with Hunter running the show. I say the Knights win the division and finnish first in the conference. No better organization in the "O", players want to come to London.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
aresknights

14 in a row. Not many saw that soming esp with how the sched has lined up. OS 2X, Ktown 2X, Barrie, Guelph, Oshawa, Sarnia, Petes in the last 9 with another test today. Road aft game to end a 3 in 3, in Missy.

London did well to hold a high scoring Guelph squad (that still looks odd to me, Guelph, scoring? ) who was on a good roll to 1 goal.

Domi scores 2x from a total of 10 feet. Both right in front of Pedan. He may occassionally try and make that perfect pass or unneeded deke but for a skill guy hes not afraid to get to the dirty areas to score. Love that part of his game.
Liberati saw little ice as the game wore on. Still room for some development defensively (usual for rook D)
The roll is going to end, and probably sooner than later, but its fun to watch them playing so well as a team right now.

Old
12-02-2012, 01:56 PM
KnightsInsider93

Platzer out of the lineup @ Mississauga. He hasn't been happy with his performance thus far and thinks he is capable of much better numbers.

In other news,
WAKE UP DALE! Ryan Rupert is a pest! he is not going to be your offensive star! if he plays the style he knows best, the points will come just like they did last year.
Ryan however right now, does not deserve the PP time, give it to someone else.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:14 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Platzer out of the lineup @ Mississauga. He hasn't been happy with his performance thus far and thinks he is capable of much better numbers.

In other news,
WAKE UP DALE! Ryan Rupert is a pest! he is not going to be your offensive star! if he plays the style he knows best, the points will come just like they did last year.
Ryan however right now, does not deserve the PP time, give it to someone else.
The fun of living with the boss... Ryan at this point doesn't deserve anything. Horvat was on a line by himself last night with both Ruperts. It's Dales fun of trying to drive a square peg in a round hole.

Ryan has 1 assist in his last 14 games and has all his points in 4 games this year.

At least he didn't return to the point on the PP.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 769
That shootout was crazy!

Old
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
David McConnor
Unregistered User

vCash: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
That shootout was crazy!
Sure was. 19 rounds. 2 shootout goals by one player (Griffith). Don't know if that's happened before.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
KnightRanger

Feel bad for Griffith not getting an invite, but happy he'll be here to continue racking them up in London!

Old
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Snippit

He'll overtake Strome in the points race.

How will our defence look at Christmas if Zadorov, Maatta and Harrington are at the WJC?

Hughes-Raine
Liberati-Ferry
Centorame-Di Lorenzo/Fuller

Not comfortable with that at all. Does anyone know if the guys that make their national team, return to their junior club after camp until the tournament?

In any case, I'd like to see a deal made for a depth defencemen to get us through the winter

Last edited by Snippit: 12-05-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 10:47 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
He'll overtake Strome in the points race.

How will our defence look at Christmas if Zadorov, Maatta and Harrington are at the WJC?

Hughes-Raine
Liberati-Ferry
Centorame-Di Lorenzo/Fuller

Not comfortable with that at all. Does anyone know if the guys that make their national team, return to their junior club after camp until the tournament?

In any case, I'd like to see a deal made for a depth defencemen to get us through the winter
No they don't return...they're gone for at least 7 games if they make their respective teams...you can count on Maatta and Harrington to be gone..Zadorov, being 17, may not make Russia.

Our D should look like this for those 7 games

Hughes/Raine
Zadorov(I'm not certain he'll make Russia)/Liberati
Ferry/Centorame/DiLorenzo/Fuller and add in Paxton Leroux..he can play D as well.

We'll be OK.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:30 PM
sportnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
No they don't return...they're gone for at least 7 games if they make their respective teams...you can count on Maatta and Harrington to be gone..Zadorov, being 17, may not make Russia.

Our D should look like this for those 7 games

Hughes/Raine
Zadorov(I'm not certain he'll make Russia)/Liberati
Ferry/Centorame/DiLorenzo/Fuller and add in Paxton Leroux..he can play D as well.

We'll be OK.
I have seen Elie play def. many times in AAA. If they are in need, he could do the job quite well!

Old
12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Snippit

I'd like a deal to be made for Stuart Percy. A steady, stay-at-home D that can rack up a few points.

TO MISSY:

-Elie
-3 2nds

TO LONDN:
-Percy

This is likely his last year of junior. The price is a bit hefty because I don't think Missy is in total rebuild mode - we're going to have to give them a decent offer.

Harrington-Percy
Maatta-Hughes
Zadorov-Raine
Liberati

If we have trouble getting Liberati the ice time he deserves, I wouldn't mind seeing Raine traded. I like him, but Liberati is going to be a good one.

I also believe that we need one more legit scoring threat. I don't have a deal in place, but we could expect any of:

-Monohan
-Goodrow
-Galchenyuk
-Sarault
-R. Brace
-Ritchie
-Trocheck
-Boucher

Don't expect any deals to be done for a Strome/Hamilton/Scheifele, because it looks like the NHL Lockout will be resolved pretty soon. Teams will be scared of acquiring these guys, so I don't see Hunter making any deals with them.

I think Oshawa is going for it this year, because after this year, everybody is gone. I'd love to see Jenner in a Knights jersey though.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
sbrug

I don't think the Knights need another defenceman. If you get another defenceman, you have to sit Liberati. Right now they have 7 defenceman (including Ferry). Also, Harrington and Maatta are two of the best in the O with Hughes being a good shutdown guy with Harrington. And Zadorov is proving that he will be the #1 guy soon. He impresses me more than Maatta did last year at this time. You say Raine might be trade bait, but why? Look at next year: Hughes and Harrington are gone and Maatta has a slight chance of going too. that leaves you with Zadorov, Maatta, Liberati, Centorame, Di Lorenzo. Not good enough.

Elie to me is like Horvat and Domi (untouchable). I like all of our young forwards but I'm trading Pawley, Jammes, Platzer, and Welychka before Elie. And that's not an insult to any of those 4.

If the Knights make any moves, they should bring in another scoring threat. It seems like Griffith is the only one who can snipe consistently whereas last year we had Namestnikov, Griffith, McKegg, Knight, and Watson as legit scorig threats.

Once the lockout is resolved and Strome and Hamilton go to the NHL, Niagara will become sellers. How about Jammes, and 3 2nds for Ritchie and Theoret. Niagara gets a future 2nd line center and several draft picks to use when they want to contend in their new rink. London gets top 6 power winger who helps them this year and a bottom six forward with size.

Domi-Broadhurst-Griffith
Ritchie-Horvat-Anderson
Theoret-Tierney-Welychka
Rupert-Rupert-Elie

Now would that not be the most dominant forward group in the O?

Old
12-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I don't think the Knights need another defenceman. If you get another defenceman, you have to sit Liberati. Right now they have 7 defenceman (including Ferry). Also, Harrington and Maatta are two of the best in the O with Hughes being a good shutdown guy with Harrington. And Zadorov is proving that he will be the #1 guy soon. He impresses me more than Maatta did last year at this time. You say Raine might be trade bait, but why? Look at next year: Hughes and Harrington are gone and Maatta has a slight chance of going too. that leaves you with Zadorov, Maatta, Liberati, Centorame, Di Lorenzo. Not good enough.

Elie to me is like Horvat and Domi (untouchable). I like all of our young forwards but I'm trading Pawley, Jammes, Platzer, and Welychka before Elie. And that's not an insult to any of those 4.

If the Knights make any moves, they should bring in another scoring threat. It seems like Griffith is the only one who can snipe consistently whereas last year we had Namestnikov, Griffith, McKegg, Knight, and Watson as legit scorig threats.

Once the lockout is resolved and Strome and Hamilton go to the NHL, Niagara will become sellers. How about Jammes, and 3 2nds for Ritchie and Theoret. Niagara gets a future 2nd line center and several draft picks to use when they want to contend in their new rink. London gets top 6 power winger who helps them this year and a bottom six forward with size.

Domi-Broadhurst-Griffith
Ritchie-Horvat-Anderson
Theoret-Tierney-Welychka
Rupert-Rupert-Elie

Now would that not be the most dominant forward group in the O?
I couldn't agree more. Glad somebody else sees the value of Elie. I truly believe he is the best of the young forwards we have. Defence and goals against aren't our issue at all. I love the idea of adding to the forward crop and being able to notch up a few more goals a game and the size of these players dont hurt either. Raine is overage next year, I am a big fan of his and would love to keep him, but I have heard that Raine and Welychka are being sought after in trade talks. It's almost comparable to the trade we made with Erie where we sent Fox and Donnay....similiar type players being talked about here, so if we get back what we did in that trade, Im all for it.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

You don't deal Elie...he's starting to fit in quite well and after learning his role is a key 4th liner. You deal the player who just doesn't seem to be finding his way and bonding well with his linemates. From what I've heard that player is Jammes and it's evident when he plays. Package him up with some picks to Ottawa and get me Tyler Graovac.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
KnightWatch

Ya, we don't need another D badly enough to give up Elie and 3 2nds...will never happen.

Also, don't be surprised to see Wely moved back to D while the boys are away.

Closed Thread