Old
11-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
for the non-locals

I can honestly attest that I've never seen the inside of this particular club.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
me either.

I did see a picture online...it looked better/cleaner than i imagined.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
me either.

They still owe me my final paycheck

Old
11-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
me either.

Based on any experiences I may or may not have had in other places, that's not a high bar!

Old
11-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
They still owe me my final paycheck
You'll get it in cash.

In singles.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:31 PM
chuckdobbins

That was quick, have a house showing tomorrow morning!

Old
11-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
SWEET! Hope it turns into an offer!

Old
11-30-2012, 01:38 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Woooooooooooo!!!!!!! Hopefully your luck with houses is turning around

Old
11-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Spoked-B

All this coffee/tea talk and I'm now drinking Sleepytime Herbal Tea made on one of the office Keurigs. There's one for tea/hot chocolate and one for coffee, so the tea doesn't start tasting like coffee. And I get to have any K-cup variety I want, I just have to order it. The downside: I also have to pay for it, since the "office" is the house, 99% of the time!

I rarely drink coffee, but do like coffee ice cream. On the rare occasion where I'll drink coffee, it'd be Cafe Mocha, which is probably not even considered coffee! If I'm drinking a hot drink, it is either the SleepyTime tea or one of the Hot Chocolate varieties, 99% of the time.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
Congrats! Time to take back down the sex swing. That's the first thing you put back up when things fell thru, no?

Old
11-30-2012, 02:17 PM
chuckdobbins

I never had time to take it down since it was in use right up until seconds before the last showing.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Question for everyone,

My roommate and I got into an argument this morning and I'd like to see everyone's position on it; now before I begin, I wan't to clarify that although I have an iphone, I am in no way an Apple lover, nor do I favor PC or what have you. He however, dislikes Apple and expressed such dislike several times.

Anyhow, he bought an iHome for a christmas present today. While checking it out, I realized it had a Droid picture on the front box so I go "Oh, that's funny, I though iHomes were an Apple thing, but there's a droid picture on the box" his reply "Ya it's for droid's, it has a micro USB thing" I go "Oh that's weird, so it's not made by apple?" "No, the company that makes iHome is a seperate company [smartdesign]" so I said "Isn't that kind of copyright infringement/shouldnt they pay for intellectual rights to Apple on the " i[inset pod, phone, pad etc etc] " idea because by calling their product "iHome" they are in affect using the marketing name started and used by Apple to advertise their product, and most people would associate the "i" with Apple and assume the product was good quality, thus providing more profit for smartdesign" He vehemently disagreed and used arguments like "apple makes enough money on the iphone" "you can't patent intellectual ideas etc etc" but a name like "iHome" has nothing to do with an invention and everything to do with branding a product and making it more attractive to a consumer. He even had nothing to do say when i said (and smirked) " you're just disagreeing with me because you don't like apple"

so my question to you guys, do you agree or disagree with my point? I'm curious to see people's points of views on this. It got me thinking about what counts as "open source" ideas

Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
I never had time to take it down since it was in use right up until seconds before the last showing.
"There's a lot of love in this house. Here, let me show you."

Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Question for everyone,

My roommate and I got into an argument this morning and I'd like to see everyone's position on it; now before I begin, I wan't to clarify that although I have an iphone, I am in no way an Apple lover, nor do I favor PC or what have you. He however, dislikes Apple and expressed such dislike several times.

Anyhow, he bought an iHome for a christmas present today. While checking it out, I realized it had a Droid picture on the front box so I go "Oh, that's funny, I though iHomes were an Apple thing, but there's a droid picture on the box" his reply "Ya it's for droid's, it has a micro USB thing" I go "Oh that's weird, so it's not made by apple?" "No, the company that makes iHome is a seperate company [smartdesign]" so I said "Isn't that kind of copyright infringement/shouldnt they pay for intellectual rights to Apple on the " i[inset pod, phone, pad etc etc] " idea because by calling their product "iHome" they are in affect using the marketing name started and used by Apple to advertise their product, and most people would associate the "i" with Apple and assume the product was good quality, thus providing more profit for smartdesign" He vehemently disagreed and used arguments like "apple makes enough money on the iphone" "you can't patent intellectual ideas etc etc" but a name like "iHome" has nothing to do with an invention and everything to do with branding a product and making it more attractive to a consumer. He even had nothing to do say when i said (and smirked) " you're just disagreeing with me because you don't like apple"

so my question to you guys, do you agree or disagree with my point? I'm curious to see people's points of views on this. It got me thinking about what counts as "open source" ideas
I am no legal expert, but it could go either way. If you ask me, I think Apple has definitely established their brand far beyond the point that anything called "iWhatever" is immediately synonymous with Apple. It's kinda like how Chik Fil-A sued the guy making "Eat More Kale" shirts. They argued that people see the "Eat More..." slogan and associate it with Chik Fil-A. I don't know who won that battle, but in the case of Apple I think Apple has a much better case.

EDIT: FWIW, I also own an iHome and thought it was an Apple product. Bought it a few years ago. The fact that I thought it was Apple didn't swing the decision though. Casey wanted something for the bathroom counter to play through the iPod, that was the first one I came across on sale, done deal. I have no feelings one way or the other for Apple, outside of their products being way overpriced.

Last edited by chuckdobbins: 11-30-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 02:29 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked-B View Post
"There's a lot of love in this house. Here, let me show you."
Despite being new, I put in a lot of work in this house, and a lot of long nights

Old
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
Question for everyone,

IMHO, as someone who has a house full of Apple products, they only deserve "royalties" on products they actually make, and not the "iWhatever" campaign. Basically:

Old
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
Despite being new, I put in a lot of work in this house, and a lot of long nights
When you got a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Old
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Spoken like a 19-year old boy!

Old
11-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Question for everyone,

As a rabid Android fanboy and card-carrying Apple hater, that name is misleading as hell, and yes, makes me think of an Apple product. Looking at their site, it looks like iHome Audio makes a ton of Apple accessories, and the stuff that's designed for Android is outnumbered.

Also, I googled iHome and under "Searches related to iHome", I get "apple".

Old
11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Quote:
No no... the 19-year old boy version is "When you got a hammer, you just want to nail everything."

Old
11-30-2012, 03:25 PM
DohBruins

Lady From The Movie "Fargo"

She looks exactly like Tuukka, like twins. I can't get over it. It's on right now btw, AMC. Her name is Kristen Rudrud. The moment I saw it I thought I was hallucinating or something from NHL withdrawals.

Sorry for posting this, oh what a lockout will do to you...

Old
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Just rode by the Garden on the way to UMass Boston for our game tonight. Made me sad.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
ahhh no......EVERY boy thinks they have a hammer.

sigh.....

Old
11-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
IMHO, as someone who has a house full of Apple products, they only deserve "royalties" on products they actually make, and not the "iWhatever" campaign. Basically:

<<<<<<<<<<<Kovi still enjoying her Galaxy 3S

Old
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Somehow rain makes Californians drive more moronic than they already do -_____-

Closed Thread