HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[XBOX] NHL 13 GM Connected League Part III - 2013 Free Agent Frenzy! 4 Teams Open

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 04:51 PM
  #751
ubiquitous
More like Shredder
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
What were you able to get Neuvirth to sign for?

In the ps3 league he jumped to 84 overall and wants nothing lower so far than 5 mill per season.
He jumped to 85 wanted 6M. Got him down to 5.5M.

ubiquitous is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
  #752
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
Hey guys, new Chicago GM here.

Can I please get an invite to the league? I need to figure out UFAs.

GT: Arashie
you have to apply in game, "HF Canucks League" from the Gm connectec menu then search

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 07:38 PM
  #753
NeoCanuck
Registered User
 
NeoCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Vancouver B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NeoCanuck Send a message via MSN to NeoCanuck
I tried joining but it seems like the previous GM is still there.

NeoCanuck is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 07:44 PM
  #754
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
Carle (86) Boyle (86)

Vlasic (84) Demers (85)

Stuart (84) Franson (83)

How much did you sign Demers for? I'm SJS in my own league, hoping he bumps up a few points after this season, but he's an RFA.

timw33 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 07:46 PM
  #755
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
I tried joining but it seems like the previous GM is still there.
okay i guess he quit on here and not in the game. RoyalCanuck is the commissioner, he is usually on late at night he can remove him, then you will have to apply , then he can accept you

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 07:47 PM
  #756
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
How much did you sign Demers for? I'm SJS in my own league, hoping he bumps up a few points after this season, but he's an RFA.
4.9. he wanted 5.2 at one point. He went up to 85, really nice ratings.

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:24 PM
  #757
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
4.9. he wanted 5.2 at one point. He went up to 85, really nice ratings.
Good to know, good to know. I know that there's an algorithm for growth, but he may be a guy who goes up a few points regardless..

timw33 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:28 AM
  #758
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
Hey guys, new Chicago GM here.

Can I please get an invite to the league? I need to figure out UFAs.

GT: Arashie
Just search up "HF Canucks League" and send a join request.

__________________

Twitter | HFBoards Contact | Youtube | Instagram| Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:51 AM
  #759
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
I tried joining but it seems like the previous GM is still there.
I removed him, join now.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:52 AM
  #760
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 50
Alright, let the Free Agent Frenzy begin!

A lot of good players out there, seems like GM's totally forgot to re-sign some of their players.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 02:01 AM
  #761
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 50
July 1st will span this whole weekend up until Sunday night.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 02:41 AM
  #762
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Alright, let the Free Agent Frenzy begin!

A lot of good players out there, seems like GM's totally forgot to re-sign some of their players.
You should of conducted an activity check to remove inactive GMs so the CPU or a new owner can resign key players to avoid damaging the league.

Seems like a few teams' rosters have been pretty screwed over. It will be tough to get somebody to takeover a dallas team that just let a 23 year old Jamie Benn go without even qualifying him as a restricted free agent, and 86 ovr Derek Roy as a ufa.

Horton and Zajac are also eyebrow raising too

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:04 AM
  #763
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
You should of conducted an activity check to remove inactive GMs so the CPU or a new owner can resign key players to avoid damaging the league.

Seems like a few teams' rosters have been pretty screwed over. It will be tough to get somebody to takeover a dallas team that just let a 23 year old Jamie Benn go without even qualifying him as a restricted free agent, and 86 ovr Derek Roy as a ufa.

Horton and Zajac are also eyebrow raising too
It's not easy to keep 29 teams kept intact and active, this thread is the only real thing I can do to really contact everyone, I don't have time to PM everyone and follow everyone around to tell them to resign their players.

I gave everyone fair notice of what's going on, if they lose their stars, their loss.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:10 AM
  #764
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
It's not easy to keep 29 teams kept intact and active, this thread is the only real thing I can do to really contact everyone, I don't have time to PM everyone and follow everyone around to tell them to resign their players.

I gave everyone fair notice of what's going on, if they lose their stars, their loss.
It is the league's loss in the long term. also, the dallas gm was reported as inactive many times even early in the season

Requiring every GM to check in once or twice a season through sending you a PM or xbl msg is not particularly time consuming

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:49 AM
  #765
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Can you offer a player a contract more then once?

Slapshot_11 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:28 AM
  #766
ubiquitous
More like Shredder
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,481
vCash: 500
Lol wow Dallas is effed.

ubiquitous is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:08 AM
  #767
JUMBOcanuck
Registered User
 
JUMBOcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 713
vCash: 883
I think I'm done in this league. If the commish can't be bothered to do an activity check or even check on GMs who people have complained about, then I don't think I want to invest any more time here.

I signed most of my players, I'm sure someone will enjoy them.

JUMBOcanuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:24 AM
  #768
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
I think I'm done in this league. If the commish can't be bothered to do an activity check or even check on GMs who people have complained about, then I don't think I want to invest any more time here.

I signed most of my players, I'm sure someone will enjoy them.
Cody Hodgson not being qualified is peculiar as well.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
  #769
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,486
vCash: 500
Trade to announce:

The La Kings acquire:
B. Cassavant and Washingtons 3rd round pick

Washington Capitals acquire:
Willie Mitchell

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:06 PM
  #770
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
The leadership of this league continues to disappoint. I will be leaving the league as Sharks GM. I liked my team and there seems to be a good core group of people here but I think the writing has been on the wall for some time now.

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:42 PM
  #771
Mdmopa1
Registered User
 
Mdmopa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Upstate, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Come on guys don't give up yet! RC please step your game up as commissioner, I will help you out if you need another co-commissioner.

Mdmopa1 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:47 PM
  #772
JUMBOcanuck
Registered User
 
JUMBOcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 713
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
Come on guys don't give up yet! RC please step your game up as commissioner, I will help you out if you need another co-commissioner.
Its not giving up, but the way the league is run I'd rather not waste my time if the commish cant even do simple things like activity checks

JUMBOcanuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:19 PM
  #773
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe
 
Trends Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
Its not giving up, but the way the league is run I'd rather not waste my time if the commish cant even do simple things like activity checks
So why don't you take it on yourself instead of whining about how it should be done and then quitting?

The more responsibility everyone takes, the better things will be.

Trends Analyst is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
  #774
JUMBOcanuck
Registered User
 
JUMBOcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 713
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
So why don't you take it on yourself instead of whining about how it should be done and then quitting?

The more responsibility everyone takes, the better things will be.
Its not my league and I'm not whining. I already help run a league that is doing much better than this. If the guy who created the league cant be bothered to manage it, why should I?

Besides that, it was already suggested that someone else take over as commish and all it did was start a fight. Anyways I'm done, enjoy the league.

JUMBOcanuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:43 PM
  #775
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe
 
Trends Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
Its not my league and I'm not whining. I already help run a league that is doing much better than this. If the guy who created the league cant be bothered to manage it, why should I?
Great attitude. Rather then show the initiative yourself, just say "Why can't someone else do it!?"



Also, your league isn't that great. You've lost more then your fair share of people and you have users who constantly harass other users and you guys do nothing about it. It's kind of a joke actually. I responded yes to your activity check, then went inactive again for the rest of the season, and no one said anything. Worked really well.

Trends Analyst is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.