Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

vCash: 500
Woo! Bulls score 6 in a victory over Niagra! Hopefully they can keep it going!

Old
11-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Woo! Bulls score 6 in a victory over Niagra! Hopefully they can keep it going!
Big win for the Bulls! Great offensive effort, very impressed with the physical play...seemed to knock the Dogs off their game. Sandlak is a beaut!

Old
11-28-2012, 11:23 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Big win for the Bulls! Great offensive effort, very impressed with the physical play...seemed to knock the Dogs off their game. Sandlak is a beaut!
Unfortunately the offensive effort came about mostly due to some very weak goaltending. 4 goals on the shots from the outside of the tops of the circle with NO screens is not what an OHL goalie typically allows. It was an entertaining game cause it's always fun to score lots as it boosts morale and ups the energy of the game. Add in some of the hate building up between the teams and I'm already looking forward to their next match up.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Unfortunately the offensive effort came about mostly due to some very weak goaltending. 4 goals on the shots from the outside of the tops of the circle with NO screens is not what an OHL goalie typically allows. It was an entertaining game cause it's always fun to score lots as it boosts morale and ups the energy of the game. Add in some of the hate building up between the teams and I'm already looking forward to their next match up.
Let's not downplay anything. 6 goals is 6 goals and it's huge for the Bulls. They played well against a good offensive team. My only worry is whether Brassard and Cardwell get suspended for the incident with Lemmon. That was fun to watch though!

Old
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
maldo

Lemmonade was made !

Old
11-29-2012, 08:35 AM
maldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Let's not downplay anything. 6 goals is 6 goals and it's huge for the Bulls. They played well against a good offensive team. My only worry is whether Brassard and Cardwell get suspended for the incident with Lemmon. That was fun to watch though!
Lemmonade was made !

Old
11-29-2012, 08:45 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
I doubt Brassard will be suspended; likely Cardwell and Sandlak though for both getting game misconducts on the play

Old
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
I doubt Brassard will be suspended; likely Cardwell and Sandlak though for both getting game misconducts on the play
If I'm not mistaken, Brassard also got a game misconduct.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Brassard also got a game misconduct.
I thought it's an automatic suspension for fighting that late in the 3rd period of the game?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Renegader

Quote:
I thought it's an automatic suspension for fighting that late in the 3rd period of the game?
Brassard 4 games, Cardwell 2. This will hurt the Bulls.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:49 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Ouch, that hurts. Too many games for Brassard. Will miss Cardwell on D and on the PP. No word on the Sandlak suspension so that might be good or very bad! And the Ice Dogs player that did the kicking? Still more news to come it seems.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Nice. Let the kids play. I don't think the loss of Cardwell will hurt. Awefull trade, giving up all those picks for an OA who isn't that good defensively when you already have Subban on the PP. Brassard doesn't show up that often.

Last edited by Luvtowatch: 11-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Hahah, yeah it was hilarious to see what happened to Lemmon. The punk deserved it, he got fed.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:30 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Nice. Let the kids play. ....
Luvtowatch, methinks the kids played more before the suspensions. Looked odd warming the bench for the 3rd period playing against the Petes when the usual suspects were steadily allowing more shots against than for in the latter half of the game.

As another fan pointed out to me a few years ago and that's that Bulls aren't notorious for good development and getting lots of guys off to the next level.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Luvtowatch, methinks the kids played more before the suspensions. Looked odd warming the bench for the 3rd period playing against the Petes when the usual suspects were steadily allowing more shots against than for in the latter half of the game.

As another fan pointed out to me a few years ago and that's that Bulls aren't notorious for good development and getting lots of guys off to the next level.
I don't think that's true. Off the 2008 team alone you've got Belesky, Tangradi, Matthias, and Subban all playing in the NHL. Nick Palmieri has played a number of NHL games and Shawn Lalonde is in the Chicago system. Mike Murphy (arguably the best OHL goaltender in history) was in the Canes system before moving to the KHL (he's since been released).

This past year you had Gaunce and Subban go in the first round and Zharkov go in the 3rd round. Jordan Subban is the 17th ranked skater in the OHL for this year's draft. Seems like pretty good development to me.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:

Ya I watched the game last night. Austin must have played 35 min. He played a great game but the young guys didn't see the ice in the 3rd period. I just don't see why George doesn't give them a chance. Crammer Jr is a talented kid, Heffernan had a great game the night before, DeSousa might have the most talent. Only Petti gets icetime. That's probably because he would be George's own pick and has to play him. Those boys will probably want out of Belleville quickly.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:14 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Ya I watched the game last night. Austin must have played 35 min. He played a great game but the young guys didn't see the ice in the 3rd period. I just don't see why George doesn't give them a chance. Crammer Jr is a talented kid, Heffernan had a great game the night before, DeSousa might have the most talent. Only Petti gets icetime. That's probably because he would be George's own pick and has to play him. Those boys will probably want out of Belleville quickly.
Of the young guys 3 of 4 can't leave no matter what since they're 16 years of age and not first round picks. You can only trade a first round 16 year old. As for the kid line I'd say those 15-20 second shifts were probably more annoying than sitting the 3rd since that effectively becomes a no shift shift. I'm not sure why you don't just dress the 3 lines if you're going to provide 2-3 minutes a game to an entire line as it's not going to develop the young guys any more than watching the game from the stands and at least wouldn't count against them in games played. Otherwise you get a scenario like Lemmon or Carnevale where it shows 49 games played and 1 goal on the year. Made those kids look weak and is a direct reason why they asked out. A kid like Cram. Jr. has played the least and then comes in to play several token shifts the entire game is not a way to develop or boost confidence at all.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
I don't think that's true. Off the 2008 team alone you've got Belesky, Tangradi, Matthias, and Subban all playing in the NHL. Nick Palmieri has played a number of NHL games and Shawn Lalonde is in the Chicago system. Mike Murphy (arguably the best OHL goaltender in history) was in the Canes system before moving to the KHL (he's since been released).

This past year you had Gaunce and Subban go in the first round and Zharkov go in the 3rd round. Jordan Subban is the 17th ranked skater in the OHL for this year's draft. Seems like pretty good development to me.
I absolutely agree with this. I think the Bulls are great for player development. Renegader provided some great example with Beleskey, Tangradi, Matthias, Subban, Palmieri, Lalonde. And then of course there is Murphy who I agree is arguably the best OHL goalie in history. You also have Mursak and Mashinter.

All in all, I'd agree. The Bulls have a fine player development.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
JSavoire

Quote:

Every team has guys that have moved on, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm talking about sheer numbers and there are Organizations that just have a solid track record like the Knights, Kitchener and so forth.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Of the young guys 3 of 4 can't leave no matter what since they're 16 years of age and not first round picks. You can only trade a first round 16 year old. As for the kid line I'd say those 15-20 second shifts were probably more annoying than sitting the 3rd since that effectively becomes a no shift shift. I'm not sure why you don't just dress the 3 lines if you're going to provide 2-3 minutes a game to an entire line as it's not going to develop the young guys any more than watching the game from the stands and at least wouldn't count against them in games played. Otherwise you get a scenario like Lemmon or Carnevale where it shows 49 games played and 1 goal on the year. Made those kids look weak and is a direct reason why they asked out. A kid like Cram. Jr. has played the least and then comes in to play several token shifts the entire game is not a way to develop or boost confidence at all.
So true. I have also heard from players past and present that George has no communication skills whatsoever. They don't know why they're sitting. If you don't have the confidence in playing them, I'm sure they would rather be playing tier 2.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
So true. I have also heard from players past and present that George has no communication skills whatsoever. They don't know why they're sitting. If you don't have the confidence in playing them, I'm sure they would rather be playing tier 2.
Good points and it's true, if you don't have the confidence to put the young guys out against the worst team in the entire league and can't find more than 2-3 minutes of ice a game for them then Tier II would've the best route. At least getting dressed and playing every single night would've been developmentally the wisest thing to do. Then if you're in need of a body when you get below 3 lines you call up someone and they play more than 2 minutes. Win-win situation and the called up players would actually be game ready since you can't call any young player game ready unless they're logging minutes. Progression and development don't take place in the stands or on the bench watching the others play while you sit. I wonder who makes that decision in the end, Coaches or players/parents?

Old
12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
eye for hockey

Quote:
Good points and it's true, if you don't have the confidence to put the young guys out against the worst team in the entire league and can't find more than 2-3 minutes of ice a game for them then Tier II would've the best route. At least getting dressed and playing every single night would've been developmentally the wisest thing to do. Then if you're in need of a body when you get below 3 lines you call up someone and they play more than 2 minutes. Win-win situation and the called up players would actually be game ready since you can't call any young player game ready unless they're logging minutes. Progression and development don't take place in the stands or on the bench watching the others play while you sit. I wonder who makes that decision in the end, Coaches or players/parents?
There are a few players now in the OJHL that are playing a lot of minutes which they may not have gotten in the Ohl, Some stand out names are Bennett on the Oakville Blades and Centerome , Walsh and Miller on the Georgetown Raiders. They are all developing quite nicely and getting a lot of ice time. Evans on St Mikes also as he has committed Ncaa.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Fourier

It looks like Zharkov did not play on Saturday. Is he hurt?

Old
12-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Tonester01

According to Bulls website Zharkov was injured, no further details.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
According to Bulls website Zharkov was injured, no further details.
Thank you!

Closed Thread