HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2013-14 Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
  #226
Price 89
Registered User
 
Price 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
So I can use it on clear cut breakaway thank you

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM
  #227
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
far be it for the GM of the lowly Habs to comment here, but I think deking on breakaways (whatever the deke may be) is similar to taking a wrister from the slot. It's a realistic way to score goals, is not a glitch that goes in every time due to some sort of programming defect on EAs part. I've seen Price stop moves that would go in 90% of the time, because he's in the top 10% of goalies, similarly I've seen (while I'm in control of him) someone like Prust or Moen completely botch moves that should go in because they're in the bottom 10% of shooters.

Don't allow breakaways, especially not against good users controlling good players, if you do, suffer the result regardless of how it is acheived.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:31 AM
  #228
Price 89
Registered User
 
Price 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
far be it for the GM of the lowly Habs to comment here, but I think deking on breakaways (whatever the deke may be) is similar to taking a wrister from the slot. It's a realistic way to score goals, is not a glitch that goes in every time due to some sort of programming defect on EAs part. I've seen Price stop moves that would go in 90% of the time, because he's in the top 10% of goalies, similarly I've seen (while I'm in control of him) someone like Prust or Moen completely botch moves that should go in because they're in the bottom 10% of shooters.

Don't allow breakaways, especially not against good users controlling good players, if you do, suffer the result regardless of how it is acheived.
Thnk you. Fuss people are proving my point ill stop to stay in league but if I have breakways I should be able to use it

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
  #229
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
you don't tell Datsyuk not to do the Datsyuk, same goes for Forsberg, Matt Hendricks etc...

(one of these things is not like the other)

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:44 AM
  #230
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 25,762
vCash: 500
I blame EA for all this.

All they needed to do is keep the goaltenders from biting on it every time and we wouldn't have this problem.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
  #231
Price 89
Registered User
 
Price 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Conclusion: if I'm on breakaway ill use it. If there is a defensemen near me and I use it near the net I won't. I think that's what fuss was getting too. Not sure but that's what I could conclude. Good luck to Washington,Buffalo,Florida,Chicago,Dallas,Minnesso ta and the other team I can't remember for one reason or another.

This was a heated debate but I get Fuss's point. But also agree with Dallas, Montreal, st louis etc. On breakaways even if I get 5 in a game I should be able to use it evidently not if its a blow out game.but not short side which I understand. With this I think I make Fuss happy and Vancouver who glitched the whole series but I never ratted on him. I lost in Stanley Cup finals to one timers constantly. Me and stockey complained to each other but never made it known to fuss all we did is fixed our defense towards that play. Winnipeg wasn't creative at all same move always but hey **** happens and I adapted. Wtvr what's done is done. I hope fuss you understand on breakways ill use it but not in other situations

Once again good luck to everyone!

Edit: other team is Carolina my bad


Last edited by Price 89: 11-30-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
  #232
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,869
vCash: 500
You're partially understanding my point. But I guess that's the best I can get. If you do that move on every breakaway you're still abusing it, regardless of result. I can't allow that and run a fun league.

Ill be a happy Commissioner if you keep this mentality when playing your games (this goes for everyone, not just DET)...

Maybe this can be the official Bluth Motto haha

"I'm not going to rely on one goal to score goals. I'm not going to build my play style around any one type of goal. If the opportunity presents itself I can try and score that way but repetitive use and abuse of any one type of goal ruins the experience for my opponent and the rest of the league"

That's my official stance on this issue. There's no more debate to be had. I've heard what people have said, I've said what I wanted to say. As Commissioner, I've made my decision and made it crystal clear. Discuss it further if you like but I'm not changing my stance on this.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:25 AM
  #233
cbenini87
Registered User
 
cbenini87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post


oh come on booty i was never going anywhere
btw i now have an instant obsession with finding good gifs
This is up there with the Michael Scott one haha.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
  #234
Price 89
Registered User
 
Price 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
You're partially understanding my point. But I guess that's the best I can get. If you do that move on every breakaway you're still abusing it, regardless of result. I can't allow that and run a fun league.

Ill be a happy Commissioner if you keep this mentality when playing your games (this goes for everyone, not just DET)...

Maybe this can be the official Bluth Motto haha

"I'm not going to rely on one goal to score goals. I'm not going to build my play style around any one type of goal. If the opportunity presents itself I can try and score that way but repetitive use and abuse of any one type of goal ruins the experience for my opponent and the rest of the league"

That's my official stance on this issue. There's no more debate to be had. I've heard what people have said, I've said what I wanted to say. As Commissioner, I've made my decision and made it crystal clear. Discuss it further if you like but I'm not changing my stance on this.

Lol we can continue arguing this all day lol. Like if I get one breakaway in a game and use it technically that's abusing cause it's a 1:1 ratio lol. id suppose you'd deem that as ok lol.

Ill STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS TOPIC UNTIL IT COMES UP AGAIN!

Good luck vs Dallas, he's one hell of an opponent

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:57 AM
  #235
cbenini87
Registered User
 
cbenini87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
You're partially understanding my point. But I guess that's the best I can get. If you do that move on every breakaway you're still abusing it, regardless of result. I can't allow that and run a fun league.

Ill be a happy Commissioner if you keep this mentality when playing your games (this goes for everyone, not just DET)...

Maybe this can be the official Bluth Motto haha

"I'm not going to rely on one goal to score goals. I'm not going to build my play style around any one type of goal. If the opportunity presents itself I can try and score that way but repetitive use and abuse of any one type of goal ruins the experience for my opponent and the rest of the league"

That's my official stance on this issue. There's no more debate to be had. I've heard what people have said, I've said what I wanted to say. As Commissioner, I've made my decision and made it crystal clear. Discuss it further if you like but I'm not changing my stance on this.
I understand the frustration of having being scored on the same way again and again Washington scored the same goal 75% of the time in Washington series. Come up the boards, cut in wait for the goalie to move across a little bit and then go shortside. Was I pissed about Washington scoring the same way again and again? Sure. I had been in a party with Stockey and Fuss and surely they could tell how frustrated and annoyed I was.

As everyone's favorite football coach, Bill Bellichek once said, "if you don't like us running up the score, stop us."

Same goes here. If you have a problem with a team doing the same move again and again, defend against it. Make an adjustment.

After being bombarded by goals in games 2 and 4 thats what I did. Despite losing, I held Washington to 1 goal and 2 goals, respectively in games 5 and 6. Unfortunately his defense was pretty solid on the other side so it was too little too late.

I get what people are saying about having the same goals scored on them again and again and really teams shouldn't be attempting the same shot every time down the ice but if you ahve a problem wiht it, stop it.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
  #236
Price 89
Registered User
 
Price 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
I understand the frustration of having being scored on the same way again and again Washington scored the same goal 75% of the time in Washington series. Come up the boards, cut in wait for the goalie to move across a little bit and then go shortside. Was I pissed about Washington scoring the same way again and again? Sure. I had been in a party with Stockey and Fuss and surely they could tell how frustrated and annoyed I was.

As everyone's favorite football coach, Bill Bellichek once said, "if you don't like us running up the score, stop us."

Same goes here. If you have a problem with a team doing the same move again and again, defend against it. Make an adjustment.

After being bombarded by goals in games 2 and 4 thats what I did. Despite losing, I held Washington to 1 goal and 2 goals, respectively in games 5 and 6. Unfortunately his defense was pretty solid on the other side so it was too little too late.

I get what people are saying about having the same goals scored on them again and again and really teams shouldn't be attempting the same shot every time down the ice but if you ahve a problem wiht it, stop it.
washington beat me the same way, didnt complain, just know if i play him in finals (which i doubt on my part) I'd have to find a way to stop it, which is challenging, but i'll adjust. Not complain about it. like i said Winnipeg beat me in SCF on the same moves. Games one and two he killed me. I ADJUSTED AND GOT TO A GAME 7. Its about adjusting. Ask Minnesota, Nashville, St Louis and Dallas they adjusted to me and I can say they beat me more often than not. But I get it, it cant be your only move.

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
  #237
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,869
vCash: 500
I dont want any of my GMs to have to adjust to another GM constantly doing the same thing over and over again. Be honest, was it fun for you to try and stop Winnipeg forcing one timers all game every game? It wouldn't be for me and based on feedback from other GMs i know its not fun for most of us either.

It does seem like we're reaching an agreement though, which is good. My apologies for turning this into something nastier than it needed to be. I could have, and should have, handled it differently.

Every decision i make is done to make this league as active, fun, and entertaining as it can be. I hope you and the other 28 GMs know this. Good luck in the 2nd round.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:12 PM
  #238
Couto10
Registered User
 
Couto10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
There's alot of **** wrong with this game.. they made it harder to score cross creases now by having the goalie cheat and expect a pass, plus the D get their sticks into passing lanes way better than in NHL 12. So to balance out, EA thought, well now we can have more shooting goals, but it's so unrealistic. Goalies are so bad at square shots in this game, they can't stop a wrister for their life, but then all of a sudden on a two on one they will make these UNBELIEVABLY fast cross crease saves (which has been proven that to move that quickly is impossible.) So it went from NHL 12 where you could always score cross crease, to now scoring almost anytime you have an open wrister! Why would they make the defensive AI much better at intercepting passes, AND make the goalies super human fast laterally, but then they can't even stop a high wrister? It's ridiculous. Now for the dreaded forehand/backhand: The goalies do not cut off the angle properly at all, and end up getting almost stuck, and they're not able to hug the post and they let that crack open everytime along the goal line. I just don't understand how they can play the game, see it, hear other people's reviews about it, and not fix anything. It's ridiculous, and this game has 2-5 ways to score and that's it. And don't even get me started on guys having their legs give out everytime they're hit from behind on a rush.. or the netplay. Goddamm EA.

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
  #239
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couto10 View Post
There's alot of **** wrong with this game.. they made it harder to score cross creases now by having the goalie cheat and expect a pass, plus the D get their sticks into passing lanes way better than in NHL 12. So to balance out, EA thought, well now we can have more shooting goals, but it's so unrealistic. Goalies are so bad at square shots in this game, they can't stop a wrister for their life, but then all of a sudden on a two on one they will make these UNBELIEVABLY fast cross crease saves (which has been proven that to move that quickly is impossible.) So it went from NHL 12 where you could always score cross crease, to now scoring almost anytime you have an open wrister! Why would they make the defensive AI much better at intercepting passes, AND make the goalies super human fast laterally, but then they can't even stop a high wrister? It's ridiculous. Now for the dreaded forehand/backhand: The goalies do not cut off the angle properly at all, and end up getting almost stuck, and their not able to hug the post and they let that crack open everytime along the goal line. I just don't understand how they can play the game, see it, hear other people's reviews about it, and not fix anything. It's ridiculous, and this game has 2-5 ways to score and that's it. And don't even get me started on guys having their legs give out everytime they're hit from behind on a rush.. or the netplay. Goddamm EA.
Sums up everything pretty accurately imo. I used to let cycling a bit and setting up behind the net before trying to sneak a one timer/tap in out front, that play is virtually nonexistant now.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM
  #240
Couto10
Registered User
 
Couto10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Sums up everything pretty accurately imo. I used to let cycling a bit and setting up behind the net before trying to sneak a one timer/tap in out front, that play is virtually nonexistant now.
90% of the goals come off the rush now, and the most frustrating part is EA won't listen or acknowledge what their fanbase is telling them. They just do their thing, and basically say "too bad so sad, we get our money, like we give a ****." It's garbage, I know people that really play this game alot and love this series, have offered up their opinions, but EA just shuts them down. Would love to just sit and talk to Rammer for a couple hours about ways to improve this game, because it is right on the cusp for the Best Sports Game out there, but as much as I hate to admit it, because I can't stand the game, FIFA 13 does a great job with their game.


Last edited by Couto10: 11-30-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:35 PM
  #241
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,869
vCash: 500
Thats the 2nd time i've heard "there's only 5 ways to score in NHL 13". Thats not true at all.

-Deflections
-Rebounds
-Point Slap shots
-Point Wristers
-One timers (they still work)
-Deking (there's atleast 6 that i know of)
-Wrist shots from the high slot
-Wrist shots from the low slot
-Wrist shots from the dot
-Wrist shots from the top/bottom of the circle
-Wrap around one timers

(Thats 11)

In my 4 wins against STL, (one of the best defensive teams in the league) i scored my GWG by 1) Deflection/Rebound 2) Quick passing and a wrist shot up close with Bolland 3) High slot wrister with Toews on the PP and 4) One timer on the PP.

Scoring is harder now. One timers are harder sure, but slot wristers and "Best in the World" dekes (Sorry Price, that new nickname is sticking) aren't the only way to score. Cycling the puck is so unbelievably underrated in this game. I think people get caught up in trying to find the best way to score 5 goals a game and in turn, that makes it seem like its impossible to score.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:38 PM
  #242
Couto10
Registered User
 
Couto10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Thats the 2nd time i've heard "there's only 5 ways to score in NHL 13". Thats not true at all.

-Deflections
-Rebounds
-Point Slap shots
-Point Wristers
-One timers (they still work)
-Deking (there's atleast 6 that i know of)
-Wrist shots from the high slot
-Wrist shots from the low slot
-Wrist shots from the dot
-Wrist shots from the top/bottom of the circle
-Wrap around one timers

(Thats 11)

In my 4 wins against STL, (one of the best defensive teams in the league) i scored my GWG by 1) Deflection/Rebound 2) Quick passing and a wrist shot up close with Bolland 3) High slot wrister with Toews on the PP and 4) One timer on the PP.

Scoring is harder now. One timers are harder sure, but slot wristers and "Best in the World" dekes (Sorry Price, that new nickname is sticking) aren't the only way to score. Cycling the puck is so unbelievably underrated in this game. I think people get caught up in trying to find the best way to score 5 goals a game and in turn, that makes it seem like its impossible to score.
I think you could just stick all the wrist shots under one category, a wrist shot is a wrist shot, no matter where it's from. So according to your count: 7.

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
  #243
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couto10 View Post
I think you could just stick all the wrist shots under one category, a wrist shot is a wrist shot, no matter where it's from. So according to your count: 7.
There's also the way I scored against Carolina in the regular season: his defender goes for the puck in the corner and misses it. I'm coming in with a forechecker holding down the hit stick, but miss the defender and up shooting the puck from the goal line in the corner and banking it off the goalie and in.

So there's 8 I guess?

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
  #244
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,869
vCash: 500
This talk belongs in the general discussion thread.

On a playoff note... Advancing the 2nd round Saturday night at 10pm.

vs will most likely be done by Saturday morning.

Oh and Harold has privately agreed that if I beat him I get Hossa back for peanuts

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
  #245
Couto10
Registered User
 
Couto10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
There's also the way I scored against Carolina in the regular season: his defender goes for the puck in the corner and misses it. I'm coming in with a forechecker holding down the hit stick, but miss the defender and up shooting the puck from the goal line in the corner and banking it off the goalie and in.

So there's 8 I guess?
HAHA, oh god that must've been something.. alright, if we include bank goals from behind the net, fine. 8

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
  #246
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
-Deflections - Can't human control this!
-Point Slap shots
-Point Wristers
-One timers (they still work)
-Deking (there's atleast 6 that i know of)
-Wrist shots from the high slot
-Wrist shots from the low slot
-Wrist shots from the dot
-Wrist shots from the top/bottom of the circle

-Wrap around one timers

(Thats 11)

Color coded are essentially the same thing that's only 4 probably 1 more out there.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
  #247
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,869
vCash: 500
If that's 4 ways then how many ways are you guys expecting there to be lol. What magical hockey play did EA not put in the game.

There is a legitimate way to score a goal in NHL 13 from every single spot in the offensive zone that can be scored in a real NHL game. That's all that matters

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
  #248
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
There's also the way I scored against Carolina in the regular season: his defender goes for the puck in the corner and misses it. I'm coming in with a forechecker holding down the hit stick, but miss the defender and up shooting the puck from the goal line in the corner and banking it off the goalie and in.

So there's 8 I guess?
That goal....


4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:40 PM
  #249
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
1-0 detroit

0 breakaway goals.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
  #250
Price 89
Registered User
 
Price 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
take game 1..3-1

Minny is awesome oh and not one breakaway goal
Wrist shot
One timer
Rebound


Last edited by Price 89: 11-30-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.