HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
dogbazinho

vCash: 500
I think Oscar is a goner probably killed by the blonde woman not realizing he is part of Rick's group.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
southpaw24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbazinho View Post
I think Oscar is a goner probably killed by the blonde woman not realizing he is part of Rick's group.
You mean Andrea? I think it will most likely be by some randon woodbury person who will very quickly be offed by one of rick or daryl

Old
11-30-2012, 04:15 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Yeah, I've been a little disappointed about his lack of evilness in the TV show. There are times when it almost seems like he's the good guy around Woodburry, even with the obvious mental problems he's got going on. The TV show makes him a much deeper character (mostly due to them having an hour each episode, rather than the comics which you can read an issue in 10 minutes), so I'll give them that, but they just haven't done enough to make him the despicable character who has you wanting to go onto the show and strangle him with your own hands. It's a shame too, because the actor playing him is just incredible, and he would have no problem pulling it off.
I have not read the comics, but I was informed about those comic spoilers...
So, a few follow up questions about the comic -

(Not sure if these actually spoil anything, but could hint at events, so if you are anal about that stuff, dont read it)
Spoil:
Did Merle also lose his hand in the comic? Did Maggie get captured and 'interrogated' by the Gov?

I was under the impression that the tv writers changed these to what we've seen, ala Herschel losing the leg, not Daryl

Old
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
TheBeastCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post

(Not sure if these actually spoil anything, but could hint at events, so if you are anal about that stuff, dont read it)
Spoil:
Did Merle also lose his hand in the comic? Did Maggie get captured and 'interrogated' by the Gov?

I was under the impression that the tv writers changed these to what we've seen, ala Herschel losing the leg, not Daryl
Spoil:
I didn't read the comics but I think Daryl and Merle were not in the comics at all. Not sure about the Maggie thing I am pretty sure it happened to someone, for some reason I think Michonne. Oh and it was Dale that had his leg chopped off in the comics

Old
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
jw2

Thanks!

Old
11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 135
Quote:

Spoil:

Spoil:
Neither Daryl or Merle are in the comics, those are TV only characters. Maggie did not get captured, in the comics Michonne was already part if Rick's group at this point, and she gets captured along with Glenn, Rick, and maybe Tyreese, I forget if Tyreese was there though. Hershell's leg loss is a replacement of Dale from the comics, not Daryl. Dale survives a long time in the comics.

And yeah, TV writers did change all that, some for the better, some for the worse.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I hope he dies here soon. I don't hate his character like I'm supposed to, but he's just so boring.
I find the governer to be a complex character, actually. On one side, he's a power hungry sleazeball that sexually assaults his prisoners and manipulates his people, and on the other hand, he has trouble coming to the realization that his family is gone. You can see that it hurts him alot, almost to the point where he is a sympathetic figure.

I'm interested to learn about his background, and how he got where he is. So I actually hope to see him around for a longer period of time, even though he gives me the creeps.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Nash

Quote:
Spoil:
Neither Daryl or Merle are in the comics, those are TV only characters. Maggie did not get captured, in the comics Michonne was already part if Rick's group at this point, and she gets captured along with Glenn, Rick, and maybe Tyreese, I forget if Tyreese was there though. Hershell's leg loss is a replacement of Dale from the comics, not Daryl. Dale survives a long time in the comics.

And yeah, TV writers did change all that, some for the better, some for the worse.
Comic book spoilers...

Spoil:
It wasn't Dale who had his leg amputated in prison. It was Allen. Dale had his done much later on the road during the series with the Hunters. Rick, Glen and Michonne were captured when checking out the helicopter crash. The stories and characters are very different from book to screen. No Michonne **** at the hands of the Governor really changes her character. Same with Rick not getting his hand amputated by the governor or Carl putting down the evil twin of Allen's two boys.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Comic book spoilers...

Spoil:
It wasn't Dale who had his leg amputated in prison. It was Allen. Dale had his done much later on the road during the series with the Hunters. Rick, Glen and Michonne were captured when checking out the helicopter crash. The stories and characters are very different from book to screen. No Michonne **** at the hands of the Governor really changes her character. Same with Rick not getting his hand amputated by the governor or Carl putting down the evil twin of Allen's two boys.
More comic spoilers. (perhaps there should be 2 different threads for TWD, similar to game of thrones, one for comic readers, one for non-comicers)
Spoil:
I could be mistaken since it's been years since I've read the prison arc, but didn't both the leg amputations occur during the prison arc? I know Allen's was right when they got there, but I thought Dale's was when they were out getting gas for their prison bus, or something like that. I was thinking more along the lines of Hershell surviving with 1 leg rather than Hershell's actual bite when comparing to Dale, although I can see how the bite itself is much closer to the Allen situation.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Gun battle with automatic weapons. It's a tad different. I don't see how your point makes any sense here. You would also think with the Governor's paranoia and the time to build these walls, they have some kind of alarm/emergency protocol. The governor is already nervous about their group.
Yes. He made that very clear when he asked Merle, "You are telling me they cleared out the entire prison with a group of 10? You told me it couldnt be done."

Side note, after the Governor gives topless Maggie back to Glenn, Merle does seem hesitant. If I recall correctly, I think Darryl was pissed off when he heard that the kid they kidnapped was running with a bunch of rapists. I dont recall what he said, but I thought he mentioned he was strongly against that. I wonder if Merle has a similar mentality... and how that scene effects him.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Nash

Quote:
More comic spoilers. (perhaps there should be 2 different threads for TWD, similar to game of thrones, one for comic readers, one for non-comicers)
Spoil:
I could be mistaken since it's been years since I've read the prison arc, but didn't both the leg amputations occur during the prison arc? I know Allen's was right when they got there, but I thought Dale's was when they were out getting gas for their prison bus, or something like that. I was thinking more along the lines of Hershell surviving with 1 leg rather than Hershell's actual bite when comparing to Dale, although I can see how the bite itself is much closer to the Allen situation.
More comic book spoilers...

Spoil:
You are correct. Allen's bite was during the prison search, like Allen. Allen doesn't make it. My bad. Dale gets bitten when Lori goes into labour and Dale goes to the parking lot so siphon gas, but he does survive, like Hershel. It's the rest of him that starts getting eaten later on that I was thinking about with the Hunters.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Rick looks like hes going to dominate this fight, really want to see him kick some ass.

Last edited by Swedish Fish: 12-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old
12-01-2012, 02:19 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Yes. He made that very clear when he asked Merle, "You are telling me they cleared out the entire prison with a group of 10? You told me it couldnt be done."

Side note, after the Governor gives topless Maggie back to Glenn, Merle does seem hesitant. If I recall correctly, I think Darryl was pissed off when he heard that the kid they kidnapped was running with a bunch of rapists. I dont recall what he said, but I thought he mentioned he was strongly against that. I wonder if Merle has a similar mentality... and how that scene effects him.
Merle has shown no morals and his only motivation has been self preservation. He did have an interest in Andrea so that could be the source of a rift. If he does anything selfless in the final episode I would be surprised.

Daryl was pretty much the same way when we met him but a tamer version. Daryl's time with Rick's group has changed him. He has grown to respect everyone, which is a considerable knowing Rick handcuffed Merle to the roof.

It will play out where Merle needs to make a choice. Should be interesting. I did see the hesitation from Merle but I thought he was thinking about the outcome for Daryl.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Looking forward to the episode all week.

Spoil:
Hopefully even more entertaining than the episode we lost T-Dog

Old
12-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Anyone know how long of a break its going to be?

Really wish they'd give us 2 hours at least.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:36 PM
TheBeastCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Anyone know how long of a break its going to be?

Really wish they'd give us 2 hours at least.
8 weeks I think. I agree, really is the fastest hour on TV.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
8 weeks isn't bad. Beats Breaking Bad waiting what almost a year

Old
12-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
8 weeks isn't bad. Beats Breaking Bad waiting what almost a year
Yeah, true enough.

Still should be a two hour episode though

Old
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Looking forward to the episode all week.

Spoil:
Hopefully even more entertaining than the episode we lost T-Dog
I don't think you need to put that in the spoilers. If someone isn't even at that point of the series so far, they definitely shouldn't be peeking in this thread.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:27 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Tagging so I know where to start reading after checking out the episode on the DVR tomorrow.

Enjoy tonight everyone, and I look forward to joining in the discussion!

Old
12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Spoil:
I haven't read the comics but I like reading the comic spoilers. It is interesting to see what changes they have made and to try and judge what would have been better and why they did it.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I haven't read the comics but I like reading the comic spoilers. It is interesting to see what changes they have made and to try and judge what would have been better and why they did it.
i do the same

Old
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

vCash: 50
Good interview with Mazzara.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...liffhanger/#/0

Old
12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

vCash: 50
It's game time!

Old
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
southpaw24

My official predictions :

Otis dies in woodbury by some random, who is quickly killed. After
Glen and maggie are rescued
Daryl gets captured and merle and him get put in comprimising situation by the gov.
I think tyrese will show up at the prison with his group causing all the crap that goes on there
Also Michonne kills govs daughter and hurts gov physically (comic book gov trademark)

Closed Thread